Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 876743 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #8880 on: November 29, 2021, 04:30:32 pm »
Today is the anniversary of the their formation, 29th November 1899. I love Catalunya and Barcelona, and take great pleasure at the same time in their main football team's decline in to a shitshow these days.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8881 on: November 29, 2021, 04:41:00 pm »
Undeserved win for Barcelona yesterday with those two late goals but Xavi still undefeated as Manager.

If they manage to sneak through in the CL then he's taking over from Ole as the stuffiest twat in management.

Looks like he'll do okay there though. Expectations have never been lower given the shitshow he inherited. If he can blag a top 4 finish (in what is not a strong league at all at the moment) then they're a good summer window away from at least being back on the right track.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8882 on: December 3, 2021, 11:36:32 am »
Dembéle is threatening to leave for free. You can't make it up.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8883 on: December 3, 2021, 11:36:50 am »
Coutinho is the worst transfer in history. He even scored two for Bayern against them in that mauling.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8884 on: December 3, 2021, 11:52:28 am »
Coutinho is the worst transfer in history.
And yet for us, the best transfer in history. Not just the astronomical £142m itself, but the way we invested it.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8885 on: December 3, 2021, 12:03:44 pm »
And yet for us, the best transfer in history. Not just the astronomical £142m itself, but the way we invested it.

We genuinely haven't missed him either, which must grate.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8886 on: December 3, 2021, 12:15:14 pm »

Trying to keep that nice fat paycheck that Bartomeau gave him. 

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8887 on: December 3, 2021, 12:17:13 pm »
I remember when I believed that Barcelona, with their academy, was the best run team on the planet.

It was all an illusion. They have made nothing but bad decisions since signing Suarez.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8888 on: December 3, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »
We genuinely haven't missed him either, which must grate.

Might do a job for us during AFCON  if it goes ahead. I'd take him on loan.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8889 on: December 3, 2021, 03:39:17 pm »

:D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #8890 on: December 3, 2021, 05:42:48 pm »
What a waste of talent. He's a bit of twat so I don't feel bad for him but he could have had a much better career than he's had so far. Not sure who is going to take him, even on a free
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8891 on: December 3, 2021, 06:15:18 pm »
What a waste of talent. He's a bit of twat so I don't feel bad for him but he could have had a much better career than he's had so far. Not sure who is going to take him, even on a free
Newcastle has reportedly offered him big money and other english clubs are interested.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8892 on: December 3, 2021, 06:27:24 pm »
If he's Newcastle bound then he's their Robinho, who'll be there for the big pay check and not being arsed.

He looked an absolute monster footballer in the making, 2 footed, pace and dribbling skills.

Such a waste.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #8893 on: December 4, 2021, 04:15:10 am »
Newcastle has reportedly offered him big money and other english clubs are interested.
So his career would still be a waste. :P That would actually be the perfect club for him, no class at all.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8894 on: December 4, 2021, 04:43:04 am »
If he's Newcastle bound then he's their Robinho, who'll be there for the big pay check and not being arsed.

He looked an absolute monster footballer in the making, 2 footed, pace and dribbling skills.

Such a waste.

Balotelli MkII
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8895 on: December 4, 2021, 09:53:00 am »
I remember when I believed that Barcelona, with their academy, was the best run team on the planet.

It was all an illusion. They have made nothing but bad decisions since signing Suarez.

Barca have always been shite in the transfer market. They've always spent big and bought gems here and there, but their overall business has always been littered with flops, even under Guardiola. They've just been hopeless in the last 5 years to the point every signing has flopped.

Their era of success was predicated on a once-in-a-lifetime crop of Academy players. Prior to Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol they had one European Cup.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8896 on: December 4, 2021, 01:43:16 pm »
Barca have always been shite in the transfer market. They've always spent big and bought gems here and there, but their overall business has always been littered with flops, even under Guardiola. They've just been hopeless in the last 5 years to the point every signing has flopped.

Their era of success was predicated on a once-in-a-lifetime crop of Academy players. Prior to Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol they had one European Cup.
The Eto'o/Ibrahimovic swap comes to mind as one of the most one-sided transfers I've ever seen.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8897 on: December 4, 2021, 02:16:33 pm »
The Eto'o/Ibrahimovic swap comes to mind as one of the most one-sided transfers I've ever seen.

Barca's business through that same window must go down as one of the worst ones in living memory. They also brought in Chygrynskyi and Keirrison for about €40m and never played them.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8898 on: December 4, 2021, 02:31:53 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8899 on: December 4, 2021, 02:55:52 pm »
How's he Balotelli MkII? Is he known to be a twat or something can't say I've ever seen that said about him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8900 on: December 4, 2021, 07:10:53 pm »
when was the last time they didn't finish in top 4 in la liga?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8901 on: December 4, 2021, 07:14:40 pm »
it's crazy that they paid Dembele that amount of money after just 2 good season in Rennes+Dortmund.
He is still very much overrated, even by some here too.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8902 on: December 4, 2021, 07:22:32 pm »

They were in the UEFA Cup at least a couple of times in the early 200s because we beat them and then so did Celtic. Although the year we did I think they’d dropped down from the Champions League... so I don’t know. :D

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8903 on: December 4, 2021, 07:24:30 pm »
Lost at home to Betis today. Lucky to remain only six points away from fourth place, thanks to Atletico's home loss to newly promoted Mallorca.

Sociedad-Real Madrid tonight looks decent.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8904 on: December 8, 2021, 09:22:46 pm »
Seems like his methods from Qatar to Dubai, from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, aren't really translating at Barca.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8905 on: December 8, 2021, 09:55:45 pm »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8906 on: December 8, 2021, 09:56:48 pm »
 :D

Barça have failed to progress from the Champions League group stage for the first time since the 2000/01 season.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 10:01:48 pm by Samie »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8907 on: December 8, 2021, 10:06:03 pm »
Guardiola in the background there. Looks so... sane.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8908 on: December 8, 2021, 10:07:48 pm »
Barça have failed to progress from the Champions League group stage for the first time since the 2000/01 season.

that's pretty impressive. I believe they qualified for all the years?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8909 on: December 8, 2021, 11:06:06 pm »
And we all know what happened to them in 00-01. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #8910 on: December 8, 2021, 11:12:07 pm »
Genuine question… if they drew West Ham in the last 16, would they be favourites to win?

Had this discussion indoors earlier when I joked that they’d be a great draw for WHU but thinking about it, WHU would fancy their chances.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #8911 on: December 8, 2021, 11:29:22 pm »
Genuine question… if they drew West Ham in the last 16, would they be favourites to win?

Had this discussion indoors earlier when I joked that they’d be a great draw for WHU but thinking about it, WHU would fancy their chances.
Remove the 'name' and yes, it isn't unreasonable to suggest West Ham are at worst very live underdogs. They'd be betting underdogs almost certainly and I would back them in that scenario. West Ham beat us and Chelsea this season lest we forget.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8912 on: December 8, 2021, 11:46:26 pm »
Barca dont want to face the Hammers.

All those bubbles landing on the grass, what chance they got.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8913 on: December 9, 2021, 12:20:22 am »

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8914 on: December 9, 2021, 12:24:31 am »
Ter Stegen absolutely woeful for the second.

Xavi looks lost out there already.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8915 on: December 9, 2021, 12:47:16 am »
Ter Stegen absolutely woeful for the second.

Xavi looks lost out there already.

Appointing from the Ole Boys Network.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8916 on: December 9, 2021, 01:58:04 am »
Appointing from the Ole Boys Network.
Wait for Stoichkov to take the reigns, that will finish them for good.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8917 on: December 9, 2021, 04:16:49 am »

West Ham are 4th in the PL table and Barca are 7th in the La Liga table, so why not?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8918 on: December 9, 2021, 07:55:33 am »
So odds are against us but hopefully Sevilla, Sociedad and Betis keep winning and keep them out of Top 4. It would be ideal if somehow Atletico is out of Top 4 too ;)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8919 on: December 9, 2021, 07:58:51 am »

West Ham? Yes they would. Watched the first half and West Ham would love to face them, they are a shadow of their former selves. I wanted them to go through so that we could get an easy tie next round, Benfica will do though, we owe them one from 2006.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA