Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1923534 times)

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
Re: NUFC - journalists lives matter
« Reply #18800 on: December 17, 2021, 08:11:36 am »
Have they got more noticeably shithouse since Howe got there? Faking a head injury in the box to get play stopped is pretty low.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #18801 on: December 17, 2021, 08:18:55 am »
I did like the chant of "you're just a shit Joelinton" when Salah uncharacteristically miscued the ball.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #18802 on: December 17, 2021, 08:30:29 am »
I wasn't focussing on them, but it looked like Howe has reinvented Joelinton as a DM.
I thought under Bruce he was just a shite striker.
But playing against us last night he seemed to be in the thick of things breaking play up. I have to admit, he was quite good at it too.
I must clarify: breaking OUR play up, not theirs!  ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18803 on: December 17, 2021, 09:15:41 am »
Have they got more noticeably shithouse since Howe got there? Faking a head injury in the box to get play stopped is pretty low.

I think we are going to see it more from teams. They can't go toe to toe with us and City (maybe feel like they can't).

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18804 on: December 17, 2021, 09:31:06 am »
I think we are going to see it more from teams. They can't go toe to toe with us and City (maybe feel like they can't).
There was another occasion when a Newcastle player went down and the ref just told him to get up. We need to see more of that.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #18805 on: December 17, 2021, 09:45:16 am »
Fucking infuriating reading twitter, how anyone can complain about the decisions made last night, and then refuse to mention the push on Chamberlain or the sly arse knee dropped by Hayden on to Konate is beyond me, just encapsulates the average football fan in the UK, a prick basically

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18806 on: December 17, 2021, 09:48:24 am »
Why were they singing the Gerrard slips song. It has no relevance to them?

Saint Maximum is way too good for that lot.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #18807 on: December 17, 2021, 09:50:38 am »

Bournemouth wee terrible divers under him. Even in The Championship were renowned for it. Mainly looking for pens.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #18808 on: December 17, 2021, 10:06:20 am »

Steven Gerrard is no longer an active football player, Demba Ba did not play for Newcastle when the incident happened, and Liverpool have since gone on to win the Premier League anyway. But sure Geordies, sing that sing and think that it hurts us in some way, go ed :wave

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18809 on: December 17, 2021, 10:16:20 am »
It was good to hear that the majority of Newcastle fans drowned out those trying to get “sign on” and other poverty mocking chants going
(Phil and Robbo mentioned it on TAW)

Idk I heard "Feed the scousers" pretty loudly at a few points in the second half, not drowned out

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18810 on: December 17, 2021, 10:20:08 am »

He is, but he's not necessarily very good either. Watching him reminds me a lot of Ryan Babel - bags full of skill and pace, and difficult to deal with, but at no point do you ever get the idea he has any clue what he is doing, just making it up as he goes. Sometimes it works, a lot of the time it doesn't.

Lots of fun to watch, but I would say a team like Arsenal is probably his ceiling. Anything beyond that and what he is right now is just too spotty.

Then again he's only 24, so he may get better at it, but at the moment he seems to be all skill, no sustained application and that's generally something some players just don't pick up.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #18811 on: December 17, 2021, 10:36:08 am »

There's a big difference between a head injury and getting a bit of a knock from an elbow or a clumsy fall. If the ref has to stop the game because a player is holding their head you'll get defenders doing it all the time at corners.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18812 on: December 17, 2021, 10:38:25 am »

Come on, they won the league as recently as 1927 - it must still be fresh in their memories,
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18813 on: December 17, 2021, 10:43:41 am »
There's a big difference between a head injury and getting a bit of a knock from an elbow or a clumsy fall. If the ref has to stop the game because a player is holding their head you'll get defenders doing it all the time at corners.

And we see it happening all the time already, so was actually pleasantly surprised the ref allowed play to go on.

Of course, all the play acting means that the genuine instances will start to get questioned.  Players feigning head injuries could impact theitr fellow professionals.

But the blame will go on the ref.

Does it get to the point that a head injury - feigned or otherwise - automatically goes off the pitch for 5 mins for testing etc??  Try and stymie the play-acting?

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18814 on: December 17, 2021, 10:46:01 am »

Because they are small time. Used to be a great set of fans but now they are a bunch of divs like most of the less successful PL team’s crowds.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #18815 on: December 17, 2021, 10:46:17 am »
Start to get questioned?

Maybe it says something about me but my immediate thought when a player is down is that he's faking it.

I can remember a few years back saying as much, then it cuts to the lad and there's blood pouring from a gash on his head.

"Maybe he did catch him a little" roars of laughter from my sycophants.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18816 on: December 17, 2021, 11:32:49 am »
If Hayden was dizzy for four or five minutes why was he allowed to carry on ?  Presumably because of concussion protocols he won’t be involved Sunday ?

Either that or it’s all bollocks.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18817 on: December 17, 2021, 11:35:48 am »
...it’s all bollocks.

I think he got knocked when he fell and it might have hurt but that's not an injury.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #18818 on: December 17, 2021, 11:43:08 am »
If Hayden was dizzy for four or five minutes why was he allowed to carry on ?  Presumably because of concussion protocols he won’t be involved Sunday ?

Or why didn't they use their concussion sub which wouldn't have impacted ability to put on 3 other subs if required?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18819 on: December 17, 2021, 12:09:27 pm »
I was absolutely made up we played on. Wolves did it, Villa did it and these c*nts were trying their luck too. Every team in the league should play on in those circumstances and absolute fucking bullshit was he concussed btw.

I cannot wait for these c*nts to go down and I hope it's us who gets to send them down in April, ideally with a goal just like Jota's last night so they can cry into the shirts they don't wear over a bottle of newcy broon.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18820 on: December 17, 2021, 12:14:27 pm »
If only we have a media with the guts to question managers when they make remarks like Howe did last night. Something along the lines of... So Eddie, if Hayden had a head injury why did you allow him to play on? Why after speaking to him at HT did you not make a change? Why did he play the entire ninety minutes? Why didn't you use a concussion sub?

Switch it on to the manager. Once they realise that by making a claim about one of their lads having an injury it will then lead to questions about their lack of care for said player we will see this type of thing disappear. But the questions are never asked.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18821 on: December 17, 2021, 12:14:34 pm »
I think he got knocked when he fell and it might have hurt but that's not an injury.

Yeah this is it for me. It’s not like it was a clear clash of heads, or a swinging elbow to the temple, or a keeper flying out with his knee. It was a knock at most, from his own player, and 100% the game should always go on in those circumstances.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18822 on: December 17, 2021, 12:18:38 pm »
Unfortunately, those same fans in the away end will be watching their team win major trophies for fun in the coming years. Money always buys success and they have a bottomless pit of it.

In the meantime it’d be great if they went down.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18823 on: December 17, 2021, 12:29:09 pm »
Unfortunately, those same fans in the away end will be watching their team win major trophies for fun in the coming years. Money always buys success and they have a bottomless pit of it.

Not necessarily, Everton spent about half a billion a few seasons ago and look at them now. If money is not spent correctly then it means fuck all.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18824 on: December 17, 2021, 12:30:29 pm »
...Money always buys success and they have a bottomless pit of it.

Farhad Moshiri says hello...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18825 on: December 17, 2021, 12:50:51 pm »
Bristol Rovers owner has pots of money and we’re shit (but then we do have Joey Barton).  I think in maybe four years Newcastle may challenge for a champions league place, I don’t see them leapfrogging City, Chelsea or ourselves at all.  Their new found wealth affects teams like Spurs, Arsenal, Everton more than ourselves.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18826 on: December 17, 2021, 01:21:33 pm »

I highly doubt it.
I said it before they care about investment returns and saw getting a Premier Leauge club for 300m or less as a good deal, 5 or 6 years and they will be out or selling most shares.
Sheikh Mansour and PSG owners are different , they will spend whatever it takes to win until they get bored.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18827 on: December 17, 2021, 01:57:12 pm »
And we see it happening all the time already, so was actually pleasantly surprised the ref allowed play to go on.

Of course, all the play acting means that the genuine instances will start to get questioned.  Players feigning head injuries could impact theitr fellow professionals.

But the blame will go on the ref.

Does it get to the point that a head injury - feigned or otherwise - automatically goes off the pitch for 5 mins for testing etc??  Try and stymie the play-acting?

I think that has to be the situation going forwards to cut out the faking and ensuring genuine head injuries are not missed, if a player indicates a head injury then they are off for a concussion check.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18828 on: December 17, 2021, 01:58:47 pm »

It's bollocks obviously. Howe is a liar and Hayden is a cheat.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18829 on: December 17, 2021, 02:08:15 pm »
I think that has to be the situation going forwards to cut out the faking and ensuring genuine head injuries are not missed, if a player indicates a head injury then they are off for a concussion check.

Do you allow a sub on in their place while they are being checked? Is it fair to force a side to play with 10 men if a player has a genuine injury?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18830 on: December 17, 2021, 02:15:37 pm »
Do you allow a sub on in their place while they are being checked? Is it fair to force a side to play with 10 men if a player has a genuine injury?

There probably needs to be some rules added to that, to avoid sides trying to take advantage, if a player has to go off for checks after you have used all your regular subs then tough luck you are out of all subs or maybe a concussion sub is designated at the start of the match, separate from the rest of the subs and can only be used for that purpose.

The priority should be player health, but the next priority should be preventing snidey players and managers from using the rule to cheat.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18831 on: December 17, 2021, 02:23:56 pm »
I'd like to see it implemented. Mike Dean was spot on the way he dealt with it last night. But I would be livid if we conceded a goal because we were forced to play with 10 men for any period of time because an opposition player elbowed one of ours in the head.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18832 on: December 17, 2021, 02:27:12 pm »

This should definitely be the protocol.  Football is so far behind Rugby when it comes to injuries and officiating.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18833 on: December 17, 2021, 02:28:09 pm »
Farhad Moshiri says hello...
He is basically a peasant when compared to the wealth on offer to Newcastle. This is more like City, PSG and the Red Bull model. Things have to balance out at some point for Moshiri. The others have infinite funds. In fact they have what I’d call “rule bending” amounts of money, they’re playing a different game to other clubs. Klopp and our ridiculous Liverpool side have actually done City a favour in that we’ve disguised the unfairness of this fact by remaining competitive.

As others have rightly pointed out though, it does still have to be part of a longer plan. It’s just that the plans won’t be comparable to someone like Moshiri.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18834 on: December 17, 2021, 02:33:58 pm »

There was a trial last season wasn't there? Needs implementing.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #18835 on: December 17, 2021, 02:36:11 pm »
There's been two goals scored in the last couple of weeks as a result of a defender/keeper acting up with no real injury.  Maybe that'll start to learn them, as my dad would say. 

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18836 on: December 17, 2021, 02:37:25 pm »
There's been two goals scored in the last couple of weeks as a result of a defender/keeper acting up with no real injury.  Maybe that'll start to learn them, as my dad would say. 

Against two of the most hated clubs too ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18837 on: December 17, 2021, 02:42:02 pm »
Saint Maximum sure seems like he isn't going to last at the top all that long - one asset is pace (marginal dribbling) - but he continues to have muscle injuries.

That said - I think he's an interesting player - with proper coaching.

Online Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #18838 on: December 17, 2021, 02:42:25 pm »
Against two of the most hated clubs too ;D
My sympathy levels at both goals were dangerously close to empty all right. The warning lights on my dash were working overtime  ;D

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18839 on: December 17, 2021, 02:50:23 pm »
Steven Gerrard is no longer an active football player, Demba Ba did not play for Newcastle when the incident happened, and Liverpool have since gone on to win the Premier League anyway. But sure Geordies, sing that sing and think that it hurts us in some way, go ed :wave
Come on, they won the league as recently as 1927 - it must still be fresh in their memories,
Proper small time and poor effort by them. I can't even remember how long BA was with them but pretty irrelevant. Enjoy Fairs Cup :wave