The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

The Concerts and Festivals Thread!

<< < (255/259) > >>

damomad:
Seen the Hives twice, best one was supporting AC/DC in Sydney. Crowd didn’t want them to be there, pints being lobbed onto the stage etc. The front man embraced it and came out with some of the best barbs imaginable under the circumstances. By the end the crowd clapped them off.

--- Quote from: ianburns252 on March 24, 2024, 03:42:39 am ---When We Were Young (over in Vegas - basically every pop punk and emo band from 2000 - 10 doing full album sets)

--- End quote ---

MCR doing TBP in full, would love to see that.

Crosby Nick:
Good old Ticketmaster presales.

Had a code to get into presale for Dua Lipa at the Albert Hall (for my wife and daughter, honest. I was just going to hang around backstage). Went on sale at 10, was logged in a few minutes before, opens at 10 and I’m 17,467th in the queue.

Annoyingly waited til it got to my turn, and it gave me false hope, searched for available tickets and it said they’d all gone.

Such a palaver. Is that just touts and bots? Could I have logged on even earlier to get a higher place in the queue before the queue? Is it just a lottery when there’s something like that with high demand in a smallish venue?

Daughter didn’t know about it, was hoping to get them as a surprise so I can at least keep quiet about it. :D

swoopy:

--- Quote from: Crosby Nick on April 10, 2024, 11:06:35 am ---Good old Ticketmaster presales.

Had a code to get into presale for Dua Lipa at the Albert Hall (for my wife and daughter, honest. I was just going to hang around backstage). Went on sale at 10, was logged in a few minutes before, opens at 10 and I’m 17,467th in the queue.

Annoyingly waited til it got to my turn, and it gave me false hope, searched for available tickets and it said they’d all gone.

Such a palaver. Is that just touts and bots? Could I have logged on even earlier to get a higher place in the queue before the queue? Is it just a lottery when there’s something like that with high demand in a smallish venue?

Daughter didn’t know about it, was hoping to get them as a surprise so I can at least keep quiet about it. :D

--- End quote ---

Sadly not, it's the same as the LFC Queue (queue-it) and all randomised when the queue starts.

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: swoopy on April 10, 2024, 11:08:15 am ---Sadly not, it's the same as the LFC Queue (queue-it) and all randomised when the queue starts.

--- End quote ---

That’s good (in a way), at least my conscience is clear. :D

Just more annoying that it didn’t just say sold out before I got to the end of the queue though. Have some false hope.

smutchin:
Had a notification the other day that Arcade Fire have a gig lined up in July at Brixton Academy to mark the 20th anniversary of Funeral, and Warmduscher are in support. Sounds right up my street...

Or would be if the cheapest tickets weren't £186 a pop. FFS!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version