Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 874002 times)

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #4960 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:06 pm »

No Lord Sir Harry Kane?

He'll be proper naffed off.

Or Rashford.  Or Jesse Lingard.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4961 on: May 17, 2019, 02:35:22 pm »
Or Rashford.  Or Jesse Lingard.

where the fuck is richi-la on the list!!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4962 on: May 17, 2019, 04:52:58 pm »
This is not a great list to be honest and I hope it's not listed in order.  Griezmann is better then everyone on that list with the exception of Messi, Neymar, and maybe Mbappe.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :mooncat :mooncat :mooncat :mooncat :rollseyes
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4963 on: May 17, 2019, 04:58:37 pm »
Griezman is not in the top 5-10 players in the world.
Just strikers/forwards:
1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Mane
4. Salah
5. Sterling
6. Aguero
7. Ronaldo
8. Dybala
9. Icardi
10. Mbappe
11. Neymar
12. Aubameyang
13. Lewandowski
14. Jadon Sanchez

This is just off the top of my head....

You missed out Harry Kane.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #4964 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:26 pm »

... and James Norwood  8)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4965 on: May 17, 2019, 05:34:35 pm »

And Harry Winks...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4966 on: May 17, 2019, 05:59:52 pm »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4967 on: May 17, 2019, 06:04:55 pm »
He does indeed

Say no more say no more, nudge nudge

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4968 on: May 17, 2019, 07:33:06 pm »
Anyone see this from Sam Wallace of the Telegrapgh wondering just how Barcelona are going to actually afford it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/15/antoine-griezmann-sold-barcelona-atletico-madrid-fine-going/

Some interesting things in there about their accounts if he's right, and I don't consider him a shit-stirrer.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4969 on: May 17, 2019, 09:20:59 pm »
Anyone see this from Sam Wallace of the Telegrapgh wondering just how Barcelona are going to actually afford it?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/15/antoine-griezmann-sold-barcelona-atletico-madrid-fine-going/

Some interesting things in there about their accounts if he's right, and I don't consider him a shit-stirrer.
Both Barca had Real are about to begin expensive stadium rebuilds too.  £600m or so for the camp nou.

It must be forgotten that Real sold Ronaldo last year because they had to balance the books.  It wasn’t a purely football decision.

Both clubs want to commence on an enormous rebuilding projects, but neither will find that easy to do.

Barca will look to sell countinho I’m sure, but in some ways Dembele has been even more of a disappointment.

They’ve spent the best part of £250m on failures.

And neither club can really compete with the top PL clubs right now as their gargantuan wage bills are eating up all their cash.

Lol
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4970 on: May 17, 2019, 11:06:39 pm »
Both Barca had Real are about to begin expensive stadium rebuilds too.  £600m or so for the camp nou.

It must be forgotten that Real sold Ronaldo last year because they had to balance the books.  It wasn’t a purely football decision.

Both clubs want to commence on an enormous rebuilding projects, but neither will find that easy to do.

Barca will look to sell countinho I’m sure, but in some ways Dembele has been even more of a disappointment.

And neither club can really compete with the top PL clubs right now as their gargantuan wage bills are eating up all their cash.

Lol

Have Real anything left they can sell to the Spanish Government?

Maybe they can also placate the Catalans by buying something off Barca for a few hundred million Euros.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4971 on: May 18, 2019, 12:44:17 am »

Lol

Well to be fair weve gone and splashed the best part of Kevin Stewart on Robbo, and a full what was it 37? on Mo Salah. crazyness.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4972 on: May 18, 2019, 01:31:52 am »
Actually think Griezmann is a great player who is made to look meh because of the system he plays in. They don't need him at all though. A better manager than Valverde should be able to get something similar out of Coutinho or Dembele. What they really need to invest in is the midfield and fullbacks. Arthur and De Jong will provide them a great platform to build on if they develop as expected. They probably need one more central midfielder because Vidal, Rakitic and Busquet look finished. I think Erikson would have been a shrewd buy.

Seems like they will trade Umtiti for De Ligt. So they have decent CB's.

Alba is getting old and Sergi Roberto is poor. They need a LB and possibly even a RB if they wanna improve and transition.

A lot depends on the manager they get though. If they had Klopp and we had Valverde we would have lost that tie guaranteed. Since Pep left they seem to fully relying on the "Pass it to the front three" strategy. For all the talk about Barca style of play and Barca DNA they are just a team of individuals at the moment, no different than Real Madrid.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4973 on: May 18, 2019, 03:58:49 am »
Divock Origi says hello.
Divock Origi doesn't say hello.
That's why he's good.
Ta-ra!!
What? Shit! Fuck!
Divock Origi, Divock Origi ...
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4974 on: May 18, 2019, 08:49:55 am »
If Messi ever goes to another club, he should know where it`s happening by now.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4975 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:45 am »
Barcelona and Real Madrid sound like a complete mess.

The best thing for Barcelona to do is to release Messi and start over again. This level of debt is unsustainable.

As an Accountant by trade I love how we are run off field financially. Our Accounts are in fabulous shape, we spend what we generate by and large

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4976 on: May 18, 2019, 08:50:35 pm »
Barcelona and Real Madrid sound like a complete mess.

The best thing for Barcelona to do is to release Messi and start over again. This level of debt is unsustainable.

As an Accountant by trade I love how we are run off field financially. Our Accounts are in fabulous shape, we spend what we generate by and large

That's what happens with short-term thinking. the best businesses are run with the long-term in mind.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4977 on: May 18, 2019, 09:01:13 pm »
They’ll be fine, they’ve got some big new deals that have just kicked in, and the new CL payment method will benefit them given their high coefficient.

As for the stadium, they are going to fund half of it via a naming rights deal (which they’ll prob easily get) so doubt that will be much of an issue.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4978 on: May 19, 2019, 07:24:19 pm »
Good God, they're so set on getting De Ligt, that we should swoop in and get him simply for the tears it would inspire. Let them know what happens if they tap another one of our players.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4979 on: May 19, 2019, 07:28:01 pm »

Lol

£150m of which was on a single player.

Lol.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4980 on: May 19, 2019, 07:29:39 pm »
£150m of which was on a single player.

Lol.

Assuming Coutinho leaves in the summer, we will clear £130-135m depending on the exchange rate used.

Pretty good return that. Huge gap between him and the 4th biggest transfer.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4981 on: May 19, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »
Assuming Coutinho leaves in the summer, we will clear £130-135m depending on the exchange rate used.

Pretty good return that. Huge gap between him and the 4th biggest transfer.

It's amazing we've actually got most of the fee.  Hard to believe he's actually played that many games for Barca considering.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4982 on: May 19, 2019, 07:51:04 pm »
It's amazing we've actually got most of the fee.  Hard to believe he's actually played that many games for Barca considering.
Were only missing the fee for 75-100 games.

And probably another £4.5m for progressing inthe CL.

They’ve qualified for the CL twice.  £4.5m each

75 appearances 3*£4.5m

Kerching.

Really good player for us, but he did blow hot and cold and maybe Barca need to be a little more patient to wait for him to blow hot.  If they are getting rid of Valverde then another manager might be the tonic he needs.

Worth remembering that their first offer was £75m paid over five years. I suspect that they are still paying over five years but we’ve screwed them hard.

The Nike leak cost them €10m in itself.
W

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4983 on: May 19, 2019, 08:38:46 pm »
Griezmann is world class. A good replacement for a 32 year old Suarez.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4984 on: May 19, 2019, 08:44:47 pm »

And probably another £4.5m for progressing inthe CL.

They’ve qualified for the CL twice.  £4.5m each

75 appearances 3*£4.5m

Kerching.

Really good player for us, but he did blow hot and cold and maybe Barca need to be a little more patient to wait for him to blow hot.  If they are getting rid of Valverde then another manager might be the tonic he needs.

Worth remembering that their first offer was £75m paid over five years. I suspect that they are still paying over five years but we’ve screwed them hard.

The Nike leak cost them €10m in itself.

Think our playing style enhances all our players' qualities to the point that if you take any single player out and put them in a different team they're never quite as good.  Coutinho was never going to shine at Barca the same way he shone for us.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4985 on: May 19, 2019, 09:00:51 pm »

...snip
That was my understanding too, can someone else confirm it? I thought we are only £4.5m short of the £146m.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4986 on: May 20, 2019, 12:39:05 pm »
Interesting that I used to think Barca got players much cheaper from clubs and paid them lower wages due to the lure and desire to play for your boyhood dream team .

They now pay a average of £10.4m per season to their first team Squad.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4987 on: May 20, 2019, 12:43:24 pm »
That was my understanding too, can someone else confirm it? I thought we are only £4.5m short of the £146m.

I'm sure there are two add-ons dependant on them winning the CL (this year and next year, obs one isn't happening!).

Other than those and the last 25 games one, they have all been reached. (They got 2 payments for them qualifying for the CL this season and next season).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4988 on: May 20, 2019, 12:46:50 pm »
Interesting that I used to think Barca got players much cheaper from clubs and paid them lower wages due to the lure and desire to play for your boyhood dream team .

They now pay a average of £10.4m per season to their first team Squad.

I think this used to be the case, but then with the emergence of the PL TV deals, and oil funded clubs they lure of Barca can only do so much and they need to pay the sorts of big money wages and fees to get the players.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4989 on: May 20, 2019, 12:52:16 pm »
Coutinho add ons...

Coutinho deal was £106m +

The Spanish club will pay £4.5m at each 25-match interval Up to 100 games (£13.5m paid / £4.5m remaining)

£4.5m due if Barca qualify for 2018/19 Champions League (Got)

Another £4.5m if they qualify for the 19/20 Champions League (Got)

A further £4.5m for winning the Champions League in 18/19 (Nope)

And £4.5m again if they win it in 19/20 (Maybe)

So currently we have got £22.5m out of £36m. £9m of that is still possible.

That means they’ve paid £128.5m so far.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4990 on: May 20, 2019, 01:05:27 pm »
Coutinho add ons...

Coutinho deal was £106m +

The Spanish club will pay £4.5m at each 25-match interval Up to 100 games (£13.5m paid / £4.5m remaining)

£4.5m due if Barca qualify for 2018/19 Champions League (Got)

Another £4.5m if they qualify for the 19/20 Champions League (Got)

A further £4.5m for winning the Champions League in 18/19 (Nope)

And £4.5m again if they win it in 19/20 (Maybe)

So currently we have got £22.5m out of £36m. £9m of that is still possible.

That means they’ve paid £128.5m so far.
That was what was announced at the time but apparently it was actually linked to Barca reaching the quarter finals.  They did that so we got the payment.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coutinho-barcelona-transfer-deal-16251944

If he stays for another season you'd imagine the final two payments are assured (depending on if the last CL payment is linked to quarter final or final involvement).

If not we still rinsed them for £130m+ for a player they're going to sell on at a loss just on transfer fees, let along the unseen payments, wages and bonuses that a transfer of that magnitude generates.  I'm not sure he was that much of a commercial bonanza as it's difficult to make a big splash in a pond fully occupied by Messi.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 01:07:38 pm by thaddeus »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4991 on: May 20, 2019, 01:27:06 pm »
De Ligt going to them from what i've just seen

Shame, he's got huge potential

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4992 on: May 20, 2019, 01:29:14 pm »
De Ligt, De Jong and Griezmann. They must surely be selling one of Coutinho or Dembele to fund them.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4993 on: May 20, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »
De Ligt, De Jong and Griezmann. They must surely be selling one of Coutinho or Dembele to fund them.
You can just see Man U buying Coutinho and a lot of their fans would see it as a major coup.  He's the last thing they need - an inside left to occupy Martial, Rashford and Sanchez's best position with Pogba also roaming into his space constantly - and the fee/wages involved would limit their potential to upgrade their back four and central midfield.

Everton did well with Digne last season but generally cast offs of clubs like Barca don't prove them wrong.  Everton again, with Mina, is a prime example.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 01:35:25 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4994 on: May 20, 2019, 01:42:42 pm »
Coutinho to United might actually be the first time a player of ours ended up at a rival where I honestly wasn't arsed.  It's almost amusing in fact.  He's such a confidence player, the last place he needs to go to in this country is the Red Evertons (except maybe the Blue Evertons!)

Only annoying thing about it is that Barca will likely recoup almost all their money on him if they sell to United - Woodward is THAT stupid.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4995 on: May 20, 2019, 01:48:16 pm »
Coutinho to United might actually be the first time a player of ours ended up at a rival where I honestly wasn't arsed.  It's almost amusing in fact.  He's such a confidence player, the last place he needs to go to in this country is the Red Evertons (except maybe the Blue Evertons!)

Only annoying thing about it is that Barca will likely recoup almost all their money on him if they sell to United - Woodward is THAT stupid.

The fact that most of us probably gave more of a shit when Owen went there says a lot about Coutinho  ;D

Don't want him to go there.  But if he does?   Meh.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4996 on: May 20, 2019, 01:52:02 pm »
The fact that most of us probably gave more of a shit when Owen went there says a lot about Coutinho  ;D

Yeah I think the main reason is we know he’s far from the answer to all their problems. He’d eat up a massive chunk, majority even, of their money and they’d still have about 6 other positions which are more urgent to upgrade.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4997 on: May 20, 2019, 01:53:31 pm »

I can't see it,Arsenal should go for him now Chelsea aren't appealing or PSG will buy him if the tumbler leaves.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4998 on: May 20, 2019, 02:36:06 pm »
Arsenal can't afford to spend that much money on one player.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4999 on: May 20, 2019, 02:37:45 pm »

He'd have to go to City to get to Owen levels of hate.

Popcorn's Art