Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877136 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #4880 on: May 14, 2019, 10:06:08 pm »
Not sure how he fits considering they also have dembele.

Griezman Suarez Messi

Griezman can play wide but he's much more of a central player
messi as an AM and dembele out wide

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4881 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:43 pm »
Isn't Rakitic surplus to requirements as well? Otherwise where is this money coming from?

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4882 on: May 14, 2019, 10:52:58 pm »
The two big Spanish clubs are going to do what they always do and just throw money at trying to win the CL again. Atletico are going to be severely weakened too.

Why do Reds keep going on about Dembele? I’ve never been convinced by him

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #4883 on: May 14, 2019, 10:55:49 pm »
that's better!

I wonder how much Barca will be paying them, does he have a buy-out at Atletico?

€125m. That'll be 3 players in the last 2 years they've spent €100m+ on.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4884 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:18 pm »
€125m. That'll be 3 players in the last 2 years they've spent €100m+ on.

cheers!

Wow, crazy really isn't it, all told, it'll be about 400 mill for the 3 of them.

The two big Spanish clubs are going to do what they always do and just throw money at trying to win the CL again. Atletico are going to be severely weakened too.

Cos he was flavour of the month for a bit?  :D

No, in all honesty, he is a real talent, but things don't seem to have gone too smoothly for him there yet.  He's a bit of a dick too, which is one reason I was never that into the idea of him coming here!

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4885 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:35 pm »
Isn't Rakitic surplus to requirements as well? Otherwise where is this money coming from?
That ridiculous Nike deal and they made a profit last summer too largely due to Everton buying their shite.

Doesn't look like they've gotten better at spending it though if they're going to buy players who are at their best being the focal point of their sides
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4886 on: May 14, 2019, 11:30:28 pm »
Not sure how he fits considering they also have dembele.

Griezman Suarez Messi

Griezman can play wide but he's much more of a central player

Thought Griezman peaked 3 years ago and having been in decline since.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4887 on: May 14, 2019, 11:32:20 pm »
That ridiculous Nike deal and they made a profit last summer too largely due to Everton buying their shite.

Doesn't look like they've gotten better at spending it though if they're going to buy players who are at their best being the focal point of their sides

so Phil off to the shite is their master Plan? Would actually quite like this!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4888 on: May 15, 2019, 12:05:39 am »
;D

Re Coutinho, Barca face a tough choice.  They're never going to make back the money they splashed on him (lol thanks again btw) so they either persevere and hope he comes good or jump ship on him now.  And Barcelona is not a patient side.

I honestly don't understand why they were so desperate to sign him in the first place that they were prepared to pay so much.  Klopp's team arguably made him look much better than he is.  He was a player amongst equals in our team, but Barca had Messi; Phil was never, ever going to be on a level to justify what Barca paid for him.  If Phil was worth €150m then Messi is worth double that.
They were the quintessential spoilt brat, they decided they wanted him and the more we said no, the more they used their signature media based shithousery to unsettle him, but they hadn't counted on Michael Edwards playing them like the proverbial and rinsing every penny out of them.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4889 on: May 15, 2019, 12:39:33 am »
100+ million for Griezmann is flat out dumb.... pretty funny

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: May 15, 2019, 12:48:04 am »
100+ million for Griezmann is flat out dumb.... pretty funny

spent more on that for Coutinho

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4891 on: May 15, 2019, 12:51:30 am »

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4892 on: May 15, 2019, 12:55:42 am »

In 2017/18 Barcelona had a wage bill that was 75% of it's operating revenue (excluding player sales). Wonder what that will look like going forward. They could arguably be shedding a lot of high wage earners over the summer.

Over the last few seasons I've felt that Barcelona's transfer outlay and strategy, plus their propensity to a high wage to revenue ratio, has been a conscious effort to try and maximise Messi's last few seasons at his peak. Barcelona will always be a big club and have great players but it's well harder to consistently put boss teams out on the pitch when you don't have the best player to have played the game to call upon. I think they've realised that in recent years and tried to maximise their potential to win CL and La Liga titles in the short term.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4893 on: May 15, 2019, 12:56:22 am »
If they sell Phil after playing him for that 1 extra game which triggered the extra 5m then they're absolutely bonkers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4894 on: May 15, 2019, 01:01:56 am »
Crazy money for Greizmann to be honest, madness, good player and all, but he's now in decline according to the Steveo metric of footballer age.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4895 on: May 15, 2019, 02:57:22 am »
Reckon he'll be replacing Suarez in the middle - two CL goals in two seasons probably isn't what they're after in a number nine. Coutinho will probably be pushed out either way though. Ridiculous if they spend that much on someone in their late 20's who's already past their best, but Atletico will need the money to rebuild. Godin, Luis and Juanfran are all out of contract and they need a top level replacement for Costa.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #4896 on: May 15, 2019, 07:32:16 am »
Reckon he'll be replacing Suarez in the middle - two CL goals in two seasons probably isn't what they're after in a number nine. Coutinho will probably be pushed out either way though. Ridiculous if they spend that much on someone in their late 20's who's already past their best, but Atletico will need the money to rebuild. Godin, Luis and Juanfran are all out of contract and they need a top level replacement for Costa.

Yeah it makes sense for the 3 to be Dembele-Griezmann-Messi. There were a lot of links of Barca to Jovic earlier in the season. It seems bizarre that they wouldn't do everything to get Jovic instead of Griezmann. I suppose the logic is that Griezmann is more of a plug and play player, whereas Jovic may need a bit more time to adjust. But they're painting themselves into a corner where they'll have to replace Griezmann and Messi both within the space of about 3 years, without anyone to take up the reins. If they do go down that path, I can see this era of Barca domination coming to an end, and for them to require a fair few years to rebuild.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4897 on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:12 am »

This is the problem with the big two in the Spanish league - and with City as well.  Their domestic league is merely a means to an end - CL qualification.  I think they hold La Liga itself in contempt - they're an upmarket version of the SPL.  They wont turn their nose up at silverware but the title is very much the consolation prize.

You just know City feel the same about the Premier League.  Bunch of no marks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4898 on: May 15, 2019, 01:45:24 pm »
that's better!

I wonder how much Barca will be paying them, does he have a buy-out at Atletico?

over 100m buyout clause. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4899 on: May 15, 2019, 01:57:15 pm »
Sign Dembele.

Failing that, Mbappe.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4900 on: May 15, 2019, 02:32:06 pm »
Not sure Barca will need to pay the full buyout clause, now that Atletico have lost their trading hand.

Griezmann to PSG could be an interesting shout. Perfect player to put behind Neymar and Mbappe.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4901 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:50 pm »
Apparently not far off signing De Ligt now. Would've been fun to userp these fuckers for him.  ;D

Also let's get Dembele off them, can forget about the money they still owe us for Phil.  ;D

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4902 on: May 15, 2019, 04:50:50 pm »
Why would we give our hard earned money to Barcelona? We don’t buy overrated expensive stars. We buy good, yet to peak players that fit our system at the right value ... and trained them into stars
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4903 on: May 15, 2019, 05:05:13 pm »
Not sure Barca will need to pay the full buyout clause, now that Atletico have lost their trading hand.

Atletico don't have to sell regardless of what Griezmann says.  They should rightfully hold out for the full buyout clause. 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4904 on: May 15, 2019, 05:10:47 pm »
Atletico don't have to sell regardless of what Griezmann says.  They should rightfully hold out for the full buyout clause.

It's the rule in La Liga, can't sell him unless the buyout clause is fulfilled.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4905 on: May 15, 2019, 05:24:35 pm »

Surely it's not the actual rule. A team could sell for less if they wanted to.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4906 on: May 15, 2019, 05:26:10 pm »

Isn't it linked to how they're taxed in Spain? So every player has a buyout clause I'm sure I read.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4907 on: May 15, 2019, 05:27:11 pm »
Isn't it linked to how they're taxed in Spain? So every player has a buyout clause I'm sure I read.

Yes they all have buyout clauses, but the post I quoted made it sound like they couldn't SELL a player unless the buyer met the clause.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4908 on: May 15, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »

I'm not sure what the actual wording of the rule is, but surely if you are inserting a buyout clause, and setting a price for said clause whatever that may be, why on Earth would you ever contemplate selling said player for a lower amount than what you set in the clause?  ;D

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4909 on: May 15, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »
I'm not sure what the actual wording of the rule is, but surely if you are inserting a buyout clause, and setting a price for said clause whatever that may be, why on Earth would you ever contemplate selling said player for a lower amount than what you set in the clause?  ;D

How about: you have a player want to sell and their buyout clause is more than what they are worth?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4910 on: May 15, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »

Well that’s clearly not true  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4911 on: May 15, 2019, 05:35:49 pm »
How about: you have a player want to sell and their buyout clause is more than what they are worth?

Well, first of all you'd call up Ed Woodward saying 'Ed! Got a hell of a bargain for you here!' and take it from there?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4912 on: May 15, 2019, 05:57:07 pm »
Well that’s clearly not true  ;D

Should have worded it Barca can't buy him unless they meet his buyout clause.  :D

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4913 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07:36 pm »

Why would Atletico release the info publicly unless they were happy to sell? And if they're happy to sell, they've revealed their hand. If they accept Griezmann back next year, they'll be a laughing stock (and miss out on a huge fee for a post-prime player).

They'll sell, I doubt it hits the clause unless United/PSG get involved.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4914 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:03 pm »
£75m for de Jong, about the same for Greizmann and then probably £60m or so fot de Ligt, gotta be some serious outgoings there, maybe another *WINK* bumper deal from China, there'd be nothing dodgy about that at all mind you.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4915 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:54 pm »
£75m for de Jong, about the same for Greizmann and then probably £60m or so fot de Ligt, gotta be some serious outgoings there, maybe another *WINK* bumper deal from China, there'd be nothing dodgy about that at all mind you.

What was the previous China deal?

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4916 on: May 15, 2019, 09:49:48 pm »
Also let's get Dembele off them, can forget about the money they still owe us for Phil.  ;D

Fuck that. Would rather keep Origi. Dembele is the most over hyped player in world football.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4917 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55:45 pm »
What was the previous China deal?
Paulinho

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4918 on: May 15, 2019, 10:57:21 pm »
Why would Atletico release the info publicly unless they were happy to sell? And if they're happy to sell, they've revealed their hand. If they accept Griezmann back next year, they'll be a laughing stock (and miss out on a huge fee for a post-prime player).

They'll sell, I doubt it hits the clause unless United/PSG get involved.

Trying to force a bidding war perhaps.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4919 on: May 16, 2019, 02:29:49 am »

You sure about that?