Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226410 times)

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1920 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:09 pm »
Rather than just papering over the cracks and bringing in a ballot, why not try an implement a Membership scheme that is actually fit for purpose given the current climate? Surely some sort of tiered scheme would be more beneficial moving forward?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1921 on: January 28, 2020, 08:43:18 pm »
So does this mean that all the free for all tickets would be allocated via a ballot? If so what would the chances of getting a ticket be? I am not sure of the number of tickets available in each members sale and how many members we have. Just I have missed out on the last 4 final tickets via ballots and remembering Madrid there was a 1 in 4.3 chance (or something like that) of getting a ticket. I am assuming that the chances of getting a ticket in the free for alls would be greater then that

Far greater than that. There are only 5,000 tickets for members not on 13

I’m actually pretty lucky in the ballots, I’ve won 3 out of 3. But cup final odds are far better than these will be

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1922 on: January 28, 2020, 08:52:44 pm »
With further thought over this evening- I'm not so sure about it anymore. For the club I think it's obviously a fantastic opportunity to look fairer whilst increasing the relative 'fan turnover' per game. Those that might have been put off by the previous nature of the sales will find this a much easier way to jump in and have a go. I think they'll sell more memberships and there will likely be more competition for games than there is now, especially with our form as it is. I think ultimately the club will therefore be able to ensure more people turn up for their annual jaunt to Anfield, their once in a lifetime trip etc and this obviously will eat away at the amount of tickets for those who want to go more regularly.

Not that there is anything wrong with people having an annual jaunt to Anfield or a once in a lifetime trip - but it's clear that people who don't go often because the tickets are "impossible" to get hold of, are the ones they want to be coming more. These are the supporters who will spend more in the club shop. It feels a bit of a shit time as well to introduce a ballot system. Right when we are at possibly the best we may ever be - when demand will be through the roof.

Admittedly, I wasn't having much luck under the other sales - but for those who really wanted to go - there were ways to 'try harder' than others I guess which is the only reason I got 2 on my card for the second half of the season.

I guess this does mean a more even spread throughout the season but before you could get lucky in a sale and go to a run of games even if you got nothing the next half of the season- I wonder what the chances are now of just getting 0, 1 or 2 tickets a season every season from now on? I guess the only option for me now that I have my weekends back in a new job is to literally join the F5 club if that continues and try and get a ticket for every game that comes up at short notice.

Also at this stage there is no chance in hell anyone on 13 or more should allow their card to drop below 13 because you'll never get it back above. You may as well turn the cards on 13+ into season tickets and just have this ballot for whatever tickets there are that make it to the free for all.

A positive is at least you'll be part of a ballot for each game as opposed to just one like a final and from a spreading tickets point of view, there will definitely be a greater share of them amongst members which I guess is fair. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1923 on: January 28, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »

I’m actually pretty lucky in the ballots, I’ve won 3 out of 3. But cup final odds are far better than these will be

Are there actually 5,000 left? There's no way with the way in which the sales are every season (and 13+ always being guaranteed) that there are 5,000 left for the free for alls -I've seen the blocks at the end of the bulk sales for 13+ and there's no way 5,000 left.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1924 on: January 28, 2020, 09:34:10 pm »
Those on 13+ are the ones who are able to go every week. The ballot should be for those only looking to go for a couple games. Late sales for those who want to build a card, like lots of us have done/doing

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: January 28, 2020, 09:35:16 pm »
Those on 13+ are the ones who are able to go every week.

Or pass their card on as they see fit, then pick & choose what they want to go to. That's where the system falls down.

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1926 on: January 28, 2020, 09:45:34 pm »
So are we thinking that there will be a more even distribution of tickets through the ballot? A sort of even spread. No one will get all 19 homes through the ballot, but most will get a game or 2 that enter. If that makes sense. If that is the case then no one would be able to get to the 13+ tier, so effectively a closed shop. Granted this is all conjecture and theory.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: January 28, 2020, 09:47:07 pm »
Are there actually 5,000 left? There's no way with the way in which the sales are every season (and 13+ always being guaranteed) that there are 5,000 left for the free for alls -I've seen the blocks at the end of the bulk sales for 13+ and there's no way 5,000 left.

So odds are even greater then

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:33 pm »
Or pass their card on as they see fit, then pick & choose what they want to go to. That's where the system falls down.
unfortunately you can’t do much, only keep credit if card is used is one so at least someone is going

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1929 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:00 pm »
So are we thinking that there will be a more even distribution of tickets through the ballot? A sort of even spread. No one will get all 19 homes through the ballot, but most will get a game or 2 that enter. If that makes sense. If that is the case then no one would be able to get to the 13+ tier, so effectively a closed shop. Granted this is all conjecture and theory.

That's basically my five paragraph post summed up in one. Cheers ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:34 pm »
not a closed shop if late sales stay active. Members can return tickets up until kickoff would help too. Also unsold ballot tickets plus ST exchange. Late sales need to stay to allow those who want to get to 13+ to do it.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1931 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:46 pm »

That’s the same for STHs..if the ticket holder can’t go it should go back in for someone else to go..shouldn’t be passed to one of the many family and friends they can add.

It’s a ridiculous system..I now this was for Europe but how could the club justify letting someone who was eligible for a final to pass on a ticket providing that they stated so when it was purchased...it’s messed up. Should’ve gone to someone who had actually attended all home games, not a family member or friend

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:58 pm »
not a closed shop if late sales stay active. Members can return tickets up until kickoff would help too. Also unsold ballot tickets plus ST exchange. Late sales need to stay to allow those who want to get to 13+ to do it.

And the late sales need to stay the way they are.

No announcing times of drops, or they will be just as hard to get as a 1 in 10 chance ballot

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1933 on: January 28, 2020, 09:55:43 pm »

Badly need a members exchange

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: January 28, 2020, 09:55:53 pm »
And the late sales need to stay the way they are.

No announcing times of drops, or they will be just as hard to get as a 1 in 10 chance ballot
Agreed, opportunity is there for those who want to build the card. Hard work but it’s doable as proven by people on here

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1935 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:29 pm »
Ah right I was forgetting about the late availability and returned tickets

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: January 28, 2020, 09:58:08 pm »
Late sales are really for people living close to anfield/can drive and afford transport short notice. No one in Beijing is refreshing on a Friday afternoon looking for one. Ballot allows for those who want 1-2 games as year. If they can’t make it for whatever reason they sell back to club and into the late sale. If they don’t scan at turnstile no refund no credit

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1937 on: January 28, 2020, 09:59:24 pm »
Late sales are really for people living close to anfield/can drive and afford transport short notice. No one in Beijing is refreshing on a Friday afternoon looking for one. Ballot allows for those who want 1-2 games as year. If they can’t make it for whatever reason they sell back to club and into the late sale. If they don’t scan at turnstile no refund no credit
Yeah, looks like I'm joining everyone that does this. Got my weekends back in my new job so that's gonna be the way I'm gonna have to play it.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:32 pm »
The no scan card no credit thing has been discussed but people have moaned because of the obviously very likely event that they might crash on the way, or be taken ill, or be abducted by aliens so can't attend.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: January 28, 2020, 10:02:02 pm »
The no scan card no credit thing has been discussed but people have moaned because of the obviously very likely event that they might crash on the way, or be taken ill, or be abducted by aliens so can't attend.
sounds like people who can’t be fucked to turn up to Shrewsbury in the cup etc. again return up until kick off for a full refund and it shouldn’t be an issue

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: January 28, 2020, 10:04:19 pm »
sounds like people who can’t be fucked to turn up to Shrewsbury in the cup etc. again return up until kick off for a full refund and it shouldn’t be an issue

Yes they need to change return period to hours from 14 days

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1941 on: January 28, 2020, 10:19:22 pm »

There isn't 5000 tickers for people not on 13+
There was when it first came around but people have built up credit, was less than 1500 a game left in November from the 10k

Fan update will have improved that now to probably having 6000/6500 ish on 13+, or opened more hospo opportunities for the club

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: January 29, 2020, 07:31:46 am »
Rather than just papering over the cracks and bringing in a ballot, why not try an implement a Membership scheme that is actually fit for purpose given the current climate? Surely some sort of tiered scheme would be more beneficial moving forward?

No thanks, already have to pay £27 just to buy tickets.  A tiered system would mean paying more for probably less games I currently go too.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1943 on: January 29, 2020, 09:14:58 am »
What does this ballot mean for someone on 4+? Have grafted to get to 6 so far this season and will probably end up with 8 or 9. If all that is meaningless then that's a shambles.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1944 on: January 29, 2020, 09:22:08 am »
I'm pretty sure you'll be in a ballot for all games mate, that's how I've read it

Only thing remaining untouched is 13+

Absolute madness if true. If that is the case then loyalty means nothing unless youre on 13+. Infuriating.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: January 29, 2020, 09:22:33 am »
Nothing mentioned anywhere about a pre-login to reduce traffic on the site for guaranteed sales. Until that's implemented there's still going to be every Tom, Dick and Harry chancing their arms

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:51 am »
Absolute madness if true. If that is the case then loyalty means nothing unless youre on 13+. Infuriating.

Also going to make it very difficult to get to 13 in future.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:22 am »
What does this ballot mean for someone on 4+? Have grafted to get to 6 so far this season and will probably end up with 8 or 9. If all that is meaningless then that's a shambles.

It said there would be a separate ballot for 4+ games, and a ballot for free for all games.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: January 29, 2020, 09:33:56 am »
Only letting people sign into a holding site who qualify would be a start. Same with all other sales. Stop the time wasters who go on for lol's

This is the only actual viable solution for the sales. You sign in and you're allowed one session per IP.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1949 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:50 am »
I'm pretty sure you'll be in a ballot for all games mate, that's how I've read it

Only thing remaining untouched is 13+
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.

Do people actually read these things or just make it up.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: January 29, 2020, 09:44:17 am »
Nothing mentioned anywhere about a pre-login to reduce traffic on the site for guaranteed sales. Until that's implemented there's still going to be every Tom, Dick and Harry chancing their arms

I’ve mentioned pre-login on the feedback form, and a few others have as well
If enough of us do maybe they’ll get the message
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:46:19 am by scouser102002 »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: January 29, 2020, 09:45:44 am »
This is the only actual viable solution for the sales. You sign in and you're allowed one session per IP.

Then you’ll get people using VPNs etc

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:33 am »
Why are people concerned about the guaranteed tickets at 13+. No mention of taking that away was there?

More applications in the ballot = less likelihood regulars (particularly younger people, or those that fell off for whatever reason) reach 13+. I am personally sorted but you never really know in the future.

The current system is shite but it rewards persistence (and a lot of luck). It's not truly like a ballot though - if it's a Monday game for instance, you should get boxed. I would love to know how many memberships are sold and if this is implemented, the odds per game.
YNWA.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: January 29, 2020, 10:11:24 am »
Then you’ll get people using VPNs etc

Why bother?

You login, IP logged for your queue place for that session. If you try to login again with a different IP, you lose your other place. No random placing, consecutive numbering. You would be able to login with another login against the same IP, but you can only have as many sessions as you have logins. Down to the software devs to implement security against bots and if they disallow proxies or VPNs.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #1954 on: January 29, 2020, 10:46:06 am »
It could be a free for all ballot on a game we win the league on. You go for 30 years and you could miss out. I’d guess. If that’s what you mean?

That could have already happened for this season - the sale for Aston Villa was effectively a ballot in all but name!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: January 29, 2020, 10:50:50 am »
Badly need a members exchange

If a ballot was introduced and a members exchange too, could it not lead to people transferring credits between mates to get to 13+ for the next season? There are always going to be ways to game the system unfortunately. Add in match hospo which also gets you a credit, I would hazard a guess at this more or less being the only option to get to 13+ using a ballot (or having a LOT of luck). Only benefits those well connected and/or well-off?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:55:35 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #1956 on: January 29, 2020, 11:03:44 am »
If a ballot was introduced and a members exchange too, could it not lead to people transferring credits between mates to get to 13+ for the next season?

Very good point, had not thought of that! Possibly a reason why the club wouldn’t be keen on such a scheme. They’d either have to have a process where the member with the credit keeps it even if it’s transferred (not popular with those trying to fight their way up the ladder) or that neither member gets it?

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1957 on: January 29, 2020, 12:11:23 pm »
If a ballot was introduced and a members exchange too, could it not lead to people transferring credits between mates to get to 13+ for the next season? There are always going to be ways to game the system unfortunately. Add in match hospo which also gets you a credit, I would hazard a guess at this more or less being the only option to get to 13+ using a ballot (or having a LOT of luck). Only benefits those well connected and/or well-off?

I think they should have two different types of hospitality - Corporate and Fan

Corporate you can just turn up with the ticket & you can gift the package to other people. Although you don't get a credit

Fan hospitality where you get a credit but you need to produce ID to prove that it's you who is attending.

That should stop all of the people who are buying up hospitality and then selling / raffling them on to get to 13 credits

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: January 29, 2020, 12:52:03 pm »

Surely one session per member ID rather than IP address is the way to deal with this. It would require pre-log in but that would get rid of the time wasters and the practice of firing 500,000 browsers at a time.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1959 on: January 29, 2020, 01:01:09 pm »
Surely one session per member ID rather than IP address is the way to deal with this. It would require pre-log in but that would get rid of the time wasters and the practice of firing 500,000 browsers at a time.

See, that's where you're going wrong. Only 500,000? Amateur! :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."