Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1323155 times)

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: VAR! Huh! What is it good for? Bit shit innit?
« Reply #11200 on: March 5, 2021, 07:33:18 pm »
I was with you til no VAR review. No review leaves us with the likes of Sterling vs City, comfortably 3 yeards onside but given off, we lose and go on to lose the title by 2 points.

A lot of ifs and buts in between and very hypothetical, but that game ends 2-2 in isolation, we win the league in 2014

I can think of about 5 if not more things that happened in 2014 that prevented us from winning the title as well.  If one incident out of a dozen or more is reason enough for you to think this shitty system should stick around then there isn't much to debate.  IFAB itself doesn't want VAR for off-side either and will replace it with their AI solution as soon as they can.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11201 on: March 6, 2021, 06:17:02 am »
Or just fuck the lines off, someone still chooses where the 5cm line is attached.

Easy process;

1. given on or offside
2. reviewed by eye, does he look offside?
3. yes - offside, no - not offside, can't be sure of either - go with the lino

This is so obviously the right answer.

Baffles me that people are still trying to come up with ways to wrap the offside law around a piece of technology that doesn't work. Tail wagging the dog.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11202 on: March 6, 2021, 07:44:44 am »
This is so obviously the right answer.

Baffles me that people are still trying to come up with ways to wrap the offside law around a piece of technology that doesn't work. Tail wagging the dog.

As eddy and I keep saying, just do what Rugby does, judge by eye. The spirit of the LOTG did not intend to give offside for a foot being forward or an armpit, it was to stop people being yards offside.

The main thing is, we need competent refs, we need to sack off the PGMOL and start again. Train up Lower League or Semi Pro players, pay them the £250k a year or whatever, but make them accountable for their decisions.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #11203 on: March 6, 2021, 08:07:24 am »
The officials should be employed by the league they operate in, with funding from whichever tv company screens that league then refs will be forced to give interviews after games and each club will have the chance to vote refs out ( or in /promoted) like they have with any issue , just need a majority vote from the other clubs.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11204 on: March 6, 2021, 10:30:16 am »
Just seen a report which basically says without the VAR decisions we would be just one point behind fourth place at the moment. It is entirely unsurprising of course as we've all been making these points all season long with regards to VAR. But it's interesting to see it in black and white all the same.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11205 on: March 6, 2021, 11:31:23 am »
I keep banging on about the stats, but they’re stark. Someone must have noticed, but who cares if the issue is only affecting us. One of the worst traits amongst Brits is their delight in seeing the successful brought down a peg or two.

It’s not been the only issue, but it’s certainly a factor in our demise this season, the vicious destruction of confidence circle;

Injuries + Hostile Officials + Long Term Fatigue = Loss of Confidence + Losing = Loss of Confidence + Losing.

We’ve all seen Thiago’s (sometimes comical) reactions to some of the decisions, Mane obviously has been complaining about his treatment, but there seems to be too much acceptance of the situation & not enough fight. We’ve gone from Mentality Monsters to Psychologically Broken in the space of a year.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11206 on: March 6, 2021, 03:21:38 pm »
Can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped after the Arsenal game...

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11207 on: March 6, 2021, 03:44:16 pm »
I don't think people can be bothered anymore.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11208 on: March 6, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »
Awful decision from the ref in the Swansea v Boro game just then. Bolasie for Boro takes a heavy touch in the Swansea area, its runs away but he manages to get a foot to it and lay it into the path of his team mate, Swans defender kicks the bottom of Bolaises foot and falls over. Boro player smashes it into the net and ref disallows it for a foul by Bolasie.

Its shit like that which forced VAR in the first place.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11209 on: March 6, 2021, 04:28:01 pm »
I’ve just read Bob Mortimer moaning about that!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11210 on: March 6, 2021, 04:36:31 pm »
I keep banging on about the stats, but they’re stark. Someone must have noticed, but who cares if the issue is only affecting us. One of the worst traits amongst Brits is their delight in seeing the successful brought down a peg or two.

It’s not been the only issue, but it’s certainly a factor in our demise this season, the vicious destruction of confidence circle;

Injuries + Hostile Officials + Long Term Fatigue = Loss of Confidence + Losing = Loss of Confidence + Losing.

We’ve all seen Thiago’s (sometimes comical) reactions to some of the decisions, Mane obviously has been complaining about his treatment, but there seems to be too much acceptance of the situation & not enough fight. We’ve gone from Mentality Monsters to Psychologically Broken in the space of a year.

I was slaughtered here in the match thread  (and probably this one) after Brighton away for saying the players will end up broken this season. You could see it in their tweets after that game. Milner saying he was sick of football with VAR, Robertson retweeting him. Henderson coming out saying he'd rather play without it. But I was told "you don't know these players".  I'm still surprised by just how little fight they have in him though. They've given up.

VAR is only part of the problem though when we get the sheer incompetence of the officials, combined with the quite obviously biased nature of the likes of Atkinson and Taylor who clearly hate us because they never give us a decision.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11211 on: March 6, 2021, 04:37:33 pm »
Awful decision from the ref in the Swansea v Boro game just then. Bolasie for Boro takes a heavy touch in the Swansea area, its runs away but he manages to get a foot to it and lay it into the path of his team mate, Swans defender kicks the bottom of Bolaises foot and falls over. Boro player smashes it into the net and ref disallows it for a foul by Bolasie.

Warnock's reaction?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11212 on: March 6, 2021, 04:57:21 pm »

From one extreme to another, looks like everyone is allowed to handle in the box these days. And the one time the ref actually gave a handball it turned out to be wrong. :)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11213 on: March 6, 2021, 05:20:02 pm »

No guarantee that the referee wouldn’t have blown his whistle before the goal though, even if VAR was implemented. Happened to Villa last season I think.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11214 on: March 6, 2021, 07:00:19 pm »
Looking for a bit of help please; have premier league viewing figures declined since the introduction of VAR?  Thanks for any links or info
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11215 on: March 6, 2021, 07:50:00 pm »
No guarantee that the referee wouldn’t have blown his whistle before the goal though, even if VAR was implemented. Happened to Villa last season I think.

Dozy c*nt actually did blow as the ball was half way into the net. He can't have been sure it was a foul due to the delay between the challenge and the whistle. With VAR done properly, he could have allowed it to go and got the "foul" replayed so he could have allowed the goal to stand.

Offline wenlock

• Main Stander
« Reply #11216 on: March 6, 2021, 07:55:40 pm »
I expect viewing figures to be all over the place with the pandemic and people being at home. Only my opinion but the pandemic is masking things hugely with the lack of fans at games letting the ref abuse his position and half the tv audience (from rivals) lapping it up while frustrated at being locked up.
"I'm surprised they don't charge me rent and rates."
Bob Paisley after his 11th visit to Wembley

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11217 on: March 6, 2021, 08:00:25 pm »
Looking for a bit of help please; have premier league viewing figures declined since the introduction of VAR?  Thanks for any links or info

Attendances have plummetted.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11218 on: March 6, 2021, 08:25:50 pm »

hilarious
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11219 on: March 6, 2021, 08:58:52 pm »

;D

It'll be impossible to tell for sure. They're likely to have risen seeing as no fans are in the grounds at the moment and we probably won't find out for a while even when fans are allowed back in

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11220 on: March 7, 2021, 12:16:27 am »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11221 on: March 7, 2021, 12:44:01 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11222 on: March 7, 2021, 01:57:24 am »
Bunch of wiseasses in here.

I can’t be the only person who is watching a lot less footy, despite being home and having dick all to do, because VAR is so shit and takes alot of the fun out of the live viewing experience. Why celebrate anything?  VAR CHECK. It was shit last year but we weren’t and I still started tuning in a little less often, but since this season first derby with its 5 minute ‘red card check that wasn’t’ for the VVD injury, I’ve felt like an idiot pretty much any time I do tune in. Love supporting Liverpool, absolutely hate supporting the administrators of the game in a way by doing so.  Solution has been to just watch match highlights on YouTube, even those include long drawn out VAR squiggly line bullshit but at least it’s 5 minutes vs 90 of ‘how have they fucked this duck so bad?’

Anyway thanks for all the viewing figures and links, you’re all heroes in my book
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11223 on: March 7, 2021, 03:41:32 am »
Bunch of wiseasses in here.

I can’t be the only person who is watching a lot less footy, despite being home and having dick all to do, because VAR is so shit and takes alot of the fun out of the live viewing experience. Why celebrate anything?  VAR CHECK. It was shit last year but we weren’t and I still started tuning in a little less often, but since this season first derby with its 5 minute ‘red card check that wasn’t’ for the VVD injury, I’ve felt like an idiot pretty much any time I do tune in. Love supporting Liverpool, absolutely hate supporting the administrators of the game in a way by doing so.  Solution has been to just watch match highlights on YouTube, even those include long drawn out VAR squiggly line bullshit but at least it’s 5 minutes vs 90 of ‘how have they fucked this duck so bad?’

Anyway thanks for all the viewing figures and links, you’re all heroes in my book

Seriously? You could Google it yourself rather than expecting people to do it for you.

I'm watching a hell of a lot more football than I would have pre covid. However my viewing is through IPTV so I doubt it would be relevant. It's a fucking load of shite and I hate what the game has become, but I don't think I could ever turn my back on it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11224 on: March 7, 2021, 05:40:52 am »
Can someone do a VAR check to find out where mallin’s sense of humour is?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11225 on: March 7, 2021, 06:33:28 am »
Can someone do a VAR check to find out where mallin’s sense of humour is?

Check complete.

He doesn't have one.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11226 on: March 7, 2021, 11:03:51 am »
I was slaughtered here in the match thread (and probably this one) after Brighton away for saying the players will end up broken this season. You could see it in their tweets after that game. Milner saying he was sick of football with VAR, Robertson retweeting him. Henderson coming out saying he'd rather play without it.
And quite rightly so, too, being as you spout interminable shite, day in day out. Even now you are smugly taking credit for, and swaggering around saying 'I told you so' about, something that hasn't even been proven. You just can't wait to propound misery and then take credit for it.

I'm still surprised by just how little fight they have in him though. They've given up.
Takes one to know one, I guess.  8)

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11227 on: March 7, 2021, 11:04:22 am »
Check complete.

He doesn't have one.
Maybe thicker lines would help...  ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11228 on: March 7, 2021, 01:04:16 pm »
(From the support the team thread.. - probably belongs in here rather than there..)

I haven't heard one person on here claim conspiracy.

Mike Riley has always favoured Manchester United. He used to be known as 'Manc' Riley.

Since then we've had a referee admit that referees favoured Manchester United

Since then we've got several referees that come from familes where their entire family are Manchester United Season ticket holders - and they are the only ones that 'support' Altrincham or Bury or some other random small team.

There is no 'grand conspiracy' - there is just bias.

You see it in every game, and yes, I'm just as biased. I will see a foul that others would see nothing and vice-versa.

However, in most games this season you can see a decision that is made which directly contradicts decisions made in other games. It would be worth investigating for instance a few specific examples and then look at why the officials and VAR and the media 'missed them'

Let's start with five decisions;

1. The Chelsea handball where the defender had both arms raised and the ball clearly hit one of his raised arms. Why wasn't this reviewed by VAR?
2. The Newcastle game where the goalkeeper grabbed hold of Mane's leg with both hands to stop him scoring a goal. Why wasn't this reviewed by VAR?
3. The Villa game where Salah was clearly fouled in the area and nothing was given. Why wasn't this reviewed by VAR?
4. The game where Mane had a shot and was cleaned out. We've seen this given in quite a few games. What wasn't this reviwed by VAR?
5. The game where Milner had a two-footed in-the-air lunge on him. Why wasn't this reviewed by VAR?

I have another 40 examples I can think of off my head this season, so let's go through these and then we can get the next five and so on.

If we accept that these kind of decisions were made for/against teams in other games then how often are they given and what is the usual outcome?

I can think of maybe 2-3 where I thought mmm.. could have gone the other way that, but the number for/against doesn't appear to remotely stack up.

But the bigger question for me isn't the high-profile obvious mistakes by officials, it's all the niggly little decisions that break up our play. In the Atkinson game, on four occasions we had the ball and were breaking and the referee pulled it back for the foul. You can argue that this is the right course of action and 'playing advantage' is optional, but quite often these types of advantages seem not to happen. In that same game there were two studs-up tackles on Mane not looked at by VAR, but we can get to that later on.

The interesting thing is that I can come up with a very long list of 'dubious' decisions against us and those that say there is nothign to see can't easily balance out the 'dubious' decisions that we got.

Even the 'dubious' offside (Which I didn't agree with) where Chelsea were denied a goal, we can easily point at several 'dubious' decisions that have already gone against us this season in an identical manner.

You then look at the likes of Graelish (English) who dives all over the place and is given an incredible number of decisions. Then you look at Rashford (English) who dives in every game and gets pretty much every decision and then other players in other clubs that dive and then either get the decisions (Which broadly seems to go 'for' some clubs routinely and 'against' some clubs routinely)

So. To sum up. Do I think there is a vast, broad worldwide conspiracy? No

Do I think it's some kind of betting scam? No.

Do I think that we have referees that don't like our club or city because of whatever reasons giving them unconcious bias because either of where they are from or what clubs they favour? Yes.

But I think the main problem is that if you had a fully-fit, top-performing, top-referee then the bits of unconcious bias wouldn't really affect games in the way they do.

Todays referees live in a bubble. They answer to no one. When they fuck up, they still answer to no one. They can make different decisions for identical situations randomly (And do) and it's never looked into, it's never acknowledged and it's never looked at by the 'mainsteam media'.

So on top of their unconcious bias and their unaccountabilty, we then come to the nub of the matter. Most of them are fucking shite. The have demonstrated clearly several times this season that they literally don't know the rules of the game.

So when you add all the factors together then it starts to make a bit more sense;

* Unconcious bias
* Not fit
* Don't know the rules
* Unaccountable
* Don't like some clubs
* Don't like some cities
* Believe their own hype and think they are more important than the game
* Geninuely shit at their jobs
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11229 on: March 7, 2021, 02:14:40 pm »
Seriously? You could Google it yourself rather than expecting people to do it for you.

I'm watching a hell of a lot more football than I would have pre covid. However my viewing is through IPTV so I doubt it would be relevant. It's a fucking load of shite and I hate what the game has become, but I don't think I could ever turn my back on it.

Dry sarcasm doesn't exactly come across, ok, doesn't mean my lines are thick.  My lines are very petite.  My armpit NEVER gets caught offside.  Wait, what?

The reason I was looking for help is; are there any websites that actually track/show viewing figures?  I've only been able to turn up a bunch of fan POLLS, which like me (bitching about VAR and then tuning in), likely doesn't mean diddly to the league execs, since if I'm still watching they're still profiting.

FourFourTwo
RTE
YouGov UK

and others outlets have a couple stories about "2/3rds of Premier League supporters say VAR has negatively impacted the viewing experience" but that's really all I can find that's pertinent, and again that kind of dissatisfaction won't necessarily translate to less viewers.   Like Barney says it might suck but for many they can't see themselves tuning out, fair shakes.  NBC (which carries the league in USA) reported great viewer numbers in 19-20 (taken from article about Premier League rivaling NFL for popularity), so I would guess that indicates zero immediate backlash to VAR in terms of people tuning out (the opposite actually).  Bottom line:  going off feelings, not a ton of facts.  trying to google it just leads me to more of the same; audiences are pissed off about VAR, but scant on facts about viewing figures.  I wonder if we won't know more til this summer?  Again seems not to have had an impact last year at least in USA audience.  Which feels like the kind of thing which would only convince the admins of the game that though a majority of the audience might feel antagonized by VAR, they won't stay away from the product
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #11230 on: March 7, 2021, 03:55:25 pm »
Kevin Friend ---

Let's attend to Lemina in the penalty box - no quick corner but when Nat Phillips is bleeding profusely from the head --- nada....

Give me a fucking break --
« Last Edit: March 7, 2021, 04:22:29 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Dr Stu-Pid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11231 on: March 7, 2021, 04:02:19 pm »
Kevin Friend ---

Let attend to Lemina in the penalty box - no quick corner

I could not believe this.  Last minute of the game, Fulham completely out of shape which means we'd have a 2 v 0 on the short corner, but he blows to stop the game because Lemina sat down in the area.  Seriously, WTF was that?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11232 on: March 7, 2021, 04:09:26 pm »
So was that a penalty on Salah early in the first half? Looked like it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11233 on: March 7, 2021, 04:09:57 pm »
So was that a penalty on Salah early in the first half? Looked like it.

Love that he gave a foul for Fulham towards the end for Keita doing the same thing to one of theirs

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11234 on: March 7, 2021, 04:15:56 pm »
Love that he gave a foul for Fulham towards the end for Keita doing the same thing to one of theirs

Not only that but 5 seconds earlier he didn’t give a foul on Fabinho for the same thing happening to him.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #11235 on: March 7, 2021, 04:46:46 pm »
Quelle suprise...an arm across a forward, causing him to go down in the box, IS a penalty after all!!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11236 on: March 7, 2021, 05:55:55 pm »

Salah elbow to the throat on 2'; (+ nothing given by ref, no VAR review?) - https://twitter.com/thepixie27/status/1368568292391194626

Not really for VAR; just poor reffing... Salah wrestled, held, and kicked later in the game (+ nothing given by ref, no going back to caution the Fulham player) - https://twitter.com/StatsSwearwords/status/1368567791171813376
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11237 on: March 7, 2021, 05:58:22 pm »
They’ve decided Salah & Mane are fair game. If they complain they get booked.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #11238 on: March 7, 2021, 06:26:30 pm »
Salah elbow to the throat on 2'; (+ nothing given by ref, no VAR review?) - https://twitter.com/thepixie27/status/1368568292391194626

Not really for VAR; just poor reffing... Salah wrestled, held, and kicked later in the game (+ nothing given by ref, no going back to caution the Fulham player) - https://twitter.com/StatsSwearwords/status/1368567791171813376
It's not a penalty, Salah's head stayed attached.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #11239 on: March 7, 2021, 06:32:05 pm »
It's not a penalty, Salah's head stayed attached.

The commentary for these incidents are really weird as well, oh he’s gone down very easily there etc. Really has me questioning what they’re watching. What I saw was a defender make no attempt to play the ball and block Salah’s run with an outstretched arm into his throat. I’m not seeing/imagining things am I?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"