Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596139 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12360 on: May 15, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »
That's a fair way further on than yours. Sand down for the pitch, a lot of the railing in for the seats, plus the roof structure is all there other than some fabric.

The interesting stuff will be the concourse, changing rooms, etc. as a lot of these can't be done until the exterior cladding is all done, and these will take a while to complete.
When did we eventually finish everything, December?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12361 on: May 15, 2018, 04:56:21 pm »
When did we eventually finish everything, December?

Tad after that I think in the end.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #12362 on: May 15, 2018, 07:42:18 pm »
That's a fair way further on than yours. Sand down for the pitch, a lot of the railing in for the seats, plus the roof structure is all there other than some fabric.

The interesting stuff will be the concourse, changing rooms, etc. as a lot of these can't be done until the exterior cladding is all done, and these will take a while to complete.

True, but they would be able to open the stadium before all of that is 100% complete, as we did with the temporary dressing rooms outside the main stand.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12363 on: May 17, 2018, 04:00:14 pm »
Mo Salah has outdone Harry Kane once more. While Kanes boots are displayed at Tottenham's training ground Salah's boots will be sitting at the British museum.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #12364 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:41 pm »
And we got paid more than them for finishing a place below them.

Nice.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12365 on: May 17, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »
True, but they would be able to open the stadium before all of that is 100% complete, as we did with the temporary dressing rooms outside the main stand.

Yeah it was only the dressing rooms and that for us. Certainly not the concourse, etc. which were all done and went through the required test event to get its safety certs.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12366 on: May 17, 2018, 05:12:29 pm »
Just had a gander at the Glory Glory forum and thread they have about us called "Victimpool". ::)

Some laughable posts there.

So according to these posts we are a long ball team aka as a "Posh Leicester",nothing to do with pressing and transitions,it's all long ball football with bypassing our midfield,amazing no one in the PL or in Europe after getting to 2 European finals under Klopp knows how to combat Klopp's long ball tactics.

The finish above Liverpool trophy advocate.

The last time Spurs got to a European final there was a Soviet Union/Cold War in the world.

Ahh the reason FSG want to expand Anfield further with the Annie Road and rumoured Kop corners is to be bigger than Spurs new stadium. ;D

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:15:29 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12367 on: May 17, 2018, 05:27:18 pm »
Yeah it was only the dressing rooms and that for us. Certainly not the concourse, etc. which were all done and went through the required test event to get its safety certs.

Yeah, I remember the "debate" about how it all "didn't look ready". Alan_X has the patience of a Saint.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #12368 on: May 17, 2018, 05:30:03 pm »
The most fascinating aspect of Spurs being completely irrelevant on the global stage is just how relevant their fans think they are.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12369 on: May 17, 2018, 05:32:23 pm »
Well there you go, Spurs fans have hit on the secret. Klopp is just a PE teacher who blagged his way into a big job.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12370 on: May 17, 2018, 05:32:45 pm »
Megalane   :lmao :lmao

£1,000,000,000 - £400m loan to be paid back over 5 years  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #12371 on: May 17, 2018, 07:29:08 pm »
Well there you go, Spurs fans have hit on the secret. Klopp is just a PE teacher who blagged his way into a big job.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12372 on: May 17, 2018, 07:34:44 pm »
who the flying feck cares what those London evertonians think?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12373 on: May 17, 2018, 07:49:09 pm »
In fairness, I am perpetually obsessed with taking Anfield up to and beyond the capacity of Megalane. Keeps me up at nights, it does. Well, a combination of that and weeping about how poor our style of football is compared to theirs, and how we finished below them in the league. I'm so depressed about it all I can't find an ounce of enjoyment in my entire being for our upcoming European Final.

Same goes for the rest of you, you just can't admit it to yourselves.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12374 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:02 pm »
Did one of them really said we scraped to 4th whilst they finished 2 points above us? Hahahah oh jesus bleedin Christ.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12375 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »
who the flying feck cares what those London evertonians think?

This.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12376 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »
In fairness, I am perpetually obsessed with taking Anfield up to and beyond the capacity of Megalane. Keeps me up at nights, it does. Well, a combination of that and weeping about how poor our style of football is compared to theirs, and how we finished below them in the league. I'm so depressed about it all I can't find an ounce of enjoyment in my entire being for our upcoming European Final.

Same goes for the rest of you, you just can't admit it to yourselves.

At least your head hasn't fallen off, yet.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12377 on: May 17, 2018, 09:45:26 pm »
Liverpool fans are deluded, thinking that getting to a CL final is bigger than finishing 3rd and being the best 2nd best team over the last 3 years (Excluding August , October, and March)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12378 on: May 17, 2018, 09:56:57 pm »
Liverpool fans are deluded, thinking that getting to a CL final is bigger than finishing 3rd and being the best 2nd best team over the last 3 years (Excluding August , October, and March)

and finishing 3rd in a two horse race

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12379 on: May 17, 2018, 10:14:52 pm »

and failing to win when leicester was your challenger.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12380 on: May 17, 2018, 10:15:55 pm »

And losing an FA Cup semi final at home.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12381 on: May 17, 2018, 10:40:07 pm »
Since when have Spurs ever been relevant to us?

I couldn't give a shit about them. They aren't even the biggest club in North London. I'll always respect Arsenal, but Spurs have never been on the radar.

Are they another club trying to drum up a plastic 'rivalry' with us when we actually don't give a crap about them?

It's laughable.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12382 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:41 pm »

But they beat Real Madrid!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #12383 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:48 pm »

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12384 on: May 18, 2018, 12:05:07 am »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12385 on: May 18, 2018, 12:55:42 am »
And losing an FA Cup semi final at home.

Lol.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12386 on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:28 am »
Are they another club trying to drum up a plastic 'rivalry' with us when we actually don't give a crap about them?

It's laughable.  :D

Says the man posting a message about the team he doesn't give a crap about on a 300+ page topic  ;D

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #12387 on: May 18, 2018, 09:48:03 am »
The Everton of London. I like that. Should be the only name used about them from now on.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12388 on: May 18, 2018, 09:52:20 am »
Says the man posting a message about the team he doesn't give a crap about on a 300+ page topic  ;D

A topic that is 4 years old at this point though on a site with thousands of posters doesn't seem that busy. It probably puts you at a similar rate as Chelsea, City and Newcastle, even now your numbers were obviously boosted when primatroll was around too.  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12389 on: May 18, 2018, 10:17:23 am »
I like the casual "finished above them what is it 8 out of the last 9 seasons?" as if he doesn't slice a notch into his arm every season with a carving knife  ;D

Nice bonus of winning the CL would be able to shut down all these small time bragging points they're clinging to like attendance, top scorer, finishing 3rd or 4th, best wage bill etc.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12390 on: May 18, 2018, 10:56:06 am »

Who do you think you’ll be signing this summer Tommy?

And any departures? Will Alderweireld be off and if so, who to?

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12391 on: May 18, 2018, 11:24:42 am »
Who do you think you’ll be signing this summer Tommy?

And any departures? Will Alderweireld be off and if so, who to?

No idea to the first part - we desperately need some kind of alternative to Kane though. I'd like to see some quality competition brought in for Lloris too - he had a very dodgy season by his standards. Mostly squad improvements needed though I think.

I imagine Toby will leave unfortunately. Llorente and Janssen will go too I'd have thought. And hopefully Sissokko  :D I'd have fancied Rose to go as well, but he had such a mare of a season after gobbing off last year that I'm not sure too many clubs will be interested now unless he has an amazing World Cup.

I'd like to think we'll get another year out of Dembele as for my money he's our best midfielder - certainly my favourite player in a Spurs shirt. Think his career is coming to an end though because of his injuries so he might look for one last pay day.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12392 on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:03 am »
Cheers. Must be hard to get a quality striker in because they know they’ll play second fiddle to Kane so you end up either taking a punt on someone looking to take a step up (Janssen) or an experienced pro happy to have less game time (Llorente).

We need more attacking options but hopefully it’s easier to persuade someone who can cover all the front three that they’ll still get plenty of game time.

I can see United going for Rose and/or Alder...Toby, they’re hardly out off by paying big fees and wages for the short term.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12393 on: May 18, 2018, 11:32:17 am »

;D ;D

You guys have done well over the past few years, but getting aspirations of rising above your station....time to wind your neck in, i'm pretty sure we've more league titles against all your trophies.... ever.

You're Everton 'lite' - time to get back in your box.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12394 on: May 18, 2018, 11:37:55 am »
Imagine referring to your new stadium as "mega" when they are at least three in the same city that are significantly larger.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12395 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:08 am »
Imagine referring to your new stadium as "mega" when they are at least three in the same city that are significantly larger.

Wembley and Twickenham? And the Olympic Stadium? Thought that was down to about 60k now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12396 on: May 18, 2018, 11:59:50 am »
Wembley and Twickenham? And the Olympic Stadium? Thought that was down to about 60k now.

66k now isn’t it?

Point remains though, it’s hardly “mega”.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12397 on: May 18, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »
Why do Spurs and City fans seem to want a generate a rivalry with us? Looking at their fans on social media (i know that's a dangerous thing) there seems to be an incredible amount of sniping at Liverpool at the moment.

I'm literally not arsed about Spurs or City. No Liverpool supporter should be. OK they are a rival for Top 4 or maybe even trophies but they aren't someone we need to have a fierce rivalry with.

Everton and United are our rivals. The team we should dislike the most. Argument could be made for Chelsea as the 3rd team. But that's based on a number of factors -  oil money, right wing supporter base, Mourinho, players you could despise (John Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Robben) being from London, playing them in the CL KO stages 4 out of 5 seasons, plastic flags etc.. They were for a time the complete opposite to what we value about our club and rivalry built up very quickly. Spurs and City have 1 or 2 elements of those things at most. They aren't important to us in terms of rivalry though we may compete for some of the same things occasionally,

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12398 on: May 18, 2018, 12:08:17 pm »
66k now isn’t it?

Point remains though, it’s hardly “mega”.

Depends on your definition of 'mega' - to the spuds, watching Liverpool compete for their 6th European Cup is 'Mega' - well so long as Harry big bollocks doesn't claim it as his own....

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12399 on: May 18, 2018, 12:57:16 pm »
The Everton of London. I like that. Should be the only name used about them from now on.

As I have said many times, they wish they were Everton. Everton have won the league nine times.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA