Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605695 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Spurs
« Reply #12320 on: May 14, 2018, 09:07:26 pm »
Rose, Alderweirald and Dembele are absolutely certain to go. They should pocket close to £100m from them and only Dembele is first choice at the moment.
You’ve also got to repalace them though...  easier said than done
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12321 on: May 14, 2018, 09:34:07 pm »
The Guardian saying Everton want Rose- that would be a bit of a comedown for him :lmao

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12322 on: May 14, 2018, 09:39:46 pm »
The Guardian saying Everton want Rose- that would be a bit of a comedown for him :lmao

They'll fleece them for 40 million quid.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12323 on: May 14, 2018, 09:40:38 pm »
Why would he leave ???
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12324 on: May 14, 2018, 09:41:14 pm »
Why would he leave ???

He wont leave them for Everton that's for sure. If he goes anywhere it will be to United.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12325 on: May 14, 2018, 09:53:59 pm »
You’ve also got to repalace them though...  easier said than done

They effectively have in the first team with Sanchez and Davies. Would need to add some depth and of course Dembele will need replacing. No way though is Pochettino getting £150m excluding sales.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #12326 on: May 14, 2018, 11:38:02 pm »
They've got Ali, Kane and Ali
Here's one thing they surely understand
When Levy doesn't pay, their gonna go away
Hes never gonna meet their wage demands
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12327 on: May 14, 2018, 11:41:12 pm »
Got a lot of "mind the gap!!!" today. We're not Arsenal. I'm glad they got knocked out of the FA Cup, they would be unbearable if they actually won something.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12328 on: May 15, 2018, 12:19:54 am »
I'm hesitant to make comments about what a team can spend when I was wrong on Barca but then again they make way more than us let alone Spurs.  With that said I just don't see how they're going to service all the debt, keep the wage structure in tact and then add to the squad.  Dembele is 31 and can't play more than once a week, the thought that they'll get massive money for him is somewhat comical unless the reports about Chinese teams having to pull back on spending is wrong.  I'd be amazed if they got more than £100m for all 3.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12329 on: May 15, 2018, 12:24:59 am »
I'm hesitant to make comments about what a team can spend when I was wrong on Barca but then again they make way more than us let alone Spurs.  With that said I just don't see how they're going to service all the debt, keep the wage structure in tact and then add to the squad.  Dembele is 31 and can't play more than once a week, the thought that they'll get massive money for him is somewhat comical unless the reports about Chinese teams having to pull back on spending is wrong.  I'd be amazed if they got more than £100m for all 3.

Joe Lewis could underwrite the whole lot,doubt he will like but he could.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12330 on: May 15, 2018, 12:39:41 am »
Joe Lewis could underwrite the whole lot,doubt he will like but he could.

Right, as could most owners of PL teams.  Aside from Chelsea and Abramovich or ManC almost none of them do it though and I don't believe Lewis has ever put his own money into the club aside from whatever it took to actually acquire the team.  He could also pay for the entirety of stadium build but we know he's not doing that. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12331 on: May 15, 2018, 01:15:50 am »
Right, as could most owners of PL teams.  Aside from Chelsea and Abramovich or ManC almost none of them do it though and I don't believe Lewis has ever put his own money into the club aside from whatever it took to actually acquire the team.  He could also pay for the entirety of stadium build but we know he's not doing that.

True just like everything that you posted,if they cannot or aren't willing to pay the silly wages (going rate) that the rest of the top 6 do then they will certainly lose players and find it near impossible to purchase from the cream.

The stadium costs make me chuckle,how on earth did they get the original costings so wrong,had they known it would cost near a billion pounds I don't think they would've gone through with it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:17:21 am by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12332 on: May 15, 2018, 08:22:58 am »
Poch to Chelsea
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12333 on: May 15, 2018, 08:24:23 am »
Poch to Chelsea

Don't think it's any coincidence that news comes out about him wanting money to spend and then suddenly linked with their cross city rivals.

Dangerous game he is playing with Levy.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12334 on: May 15, 2018, 08:25:47 am »
My thoughts are its a come and get me call, some big jobs around this Summer.

It'd be pretty funny if he goes to Chelsea ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12335 on: May 15, 2018, 08:28:36 am »
Don't think it's any coincidence that news comes out about him wanting money to spend and then suddenly linked with their cross city rivals.

I think that's exactly what he's doing he wants lots of money this summer.

But Chelsea could triple his wages easily.

I mean Levy is paying himself a lot more than what he's earning.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12336 on: May 15, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

Exactly- all this past week has been designed to put as much pressure on Levy to give Poch what he wants.

Talk in the Times this morning they may have to return to Wembley as the new stadium won't be ready in time for next season...

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12337 on: May 15, 2018, 08:33:24 am »
I think that's exactly what he's doing he wants lots of money this summer.

But Chelsea could triple his wages easily.

I mean Levy is paying himself a lot more than what he's earning.

There is clearly a game of brinksmanship and negotiation going on. There are various players with issues over their wages, and with the usual caveats about modern wages taken as read, they have a point comparatively speaking. With the new stadium costs at such a high level, I don`t see Levy opening the purse strings too easily. I watched MOTD on Sunday evening and when Shearer was asked the question whether or not the manager will get what he is asking for the very definite answer was no. Where does that leave the players and manager who are agitating ? A lot of big decisions coming over the next few months for all involved at that club but as easily as the status quo could remain, it could fall apart.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12338 on: May 15, 2018, 09:04:41 am »
With Pochettino demanding money to spend that the Club does not have, he clearly doesn't give two shits about Tottenham or its future. It's not like the situation at Newcastle where the money is there but the owners are too greedy, there is a very good reason as to why spending should be reigned in for a few years.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12339 on: May 15, 2018, 09:14:59 am »
If he goes to Chelsea and takes Kane and Alli with him then we can go back to not minding Spurs and despising Chelsea
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12340 on: May 15, 2018, 09:26:37 am »
I can see him leaving Spurs, but not to go to chelsea, he can do better.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12341 on: May 15, 2018, 09:31:16 am »
With Pochettino demanding money to spend that the Club does not have, he clearly doesn't give two shits about Tottenham or its future. It's not like the situation at Newcastle where the money is there but the owners are too greedy, there is a very good reason as to why spending should be reigned in for a few years.

Sounds exactly like his time at Southampton,  according to their fans anyway.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12342 on: May 15, 2018, 09:32:46 am »
Spurs are a tiny club who have got lucky in Kane and in the market. That won't last forever. Let them celebrate their trophy for finishing 3rd.

We were ahead majority of season but then had to rotate players. Can't wait till spurs become the 6th best team in league again. Where they belong.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12343 on: May 15, 2018, 09:36:30 am »
Who will likely be after a renewal there? Poch no doubt does.

Dembele, Llorente, Alderweireld, Vertonghen all out of contract next summer. Son, Eriksen and Lamela the next.

So imagine Vertonghen, Son and Eriksen for sure. Lamela to protect his value? Kane and Alli will no doubt be pushing for big increases too, would the likes of Lloris want an increase if they do?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12344 on: May 15, 2018, 09:46:04 am »

While the board need to control their spending, the manager still needs to fight for what money he can, the club aren't going to do well in that shiny new stadium if the team/squad is too poor to compete and the crowds stay away, not to mention that their expectations on him are not going to ease up just because they aren't backing him sufficiently either.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12345 on: May 15, 2018, 09:48:16 am »
While the board need to control their spending, the manager still needs to fight for what money he can, the club aren't going to do well in that shiny new stadium if the team/squad is too poor to compete and the crowds stay away, not to mention that their expectations on him are not going to ease up just because they aren't backing him sufficiently either.

Doing it via the press is not the best way to do it though, hardly makes for a happy manager/board/ceo relationship.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12346 on: May 15, 2018, 09:51:19 am »
Who will likely be after a renewal there? Poch no doubt does.

Dembele, Llorente, Alderweireld, Vertonghen all out of contract next summer. Son, Eriksen and Lamela the next.

So imagine Vertonghen, Son and Eriksen for sure. Lamela to protect his value? Kane and Alli will no doubt be pushing for big increases too, would the likes of Lloris want an increase if they do?

Once walker went for more money the rest will no doubt be jealous. There will be quite a few rumours around spurs players and the manager this summer I hope.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #12347 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14:46 am »
I wonder if Son fancies a pay rise... and a day out at Blackpool amusements as a nice sweetener.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12348 on: May 15, 2018, 10:19:56 am »
I wonder if Son fancies a pay rise... and a day out at Blackpool amusements as a nice sweetener.

As well as the chance to win something! ;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #12349 on: May 15, 2018, 10:51:57 am »
As well as the chance to win something! ;D

True dat!  ;D

Also you'd imagine this guy would be relatively pleased...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-merseyside-38834852/man-cycles-south-korea-to-liverpool-fc-with-no-ticket

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12350 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:25 am »
Spurs are a tiny club who have got lucky in Kane and in the market. That won't last forever. Let them celebrate their trophy for finishing 3rd.

We were ahead majority of season but then had to rotate players. Can't wait till spurs become the 6th best team in league again. Where they belong.

In fairness... I don't think that's a fair criticism. You can't be that lucky for that long in the transfer market. They're clearly doing something right in recent years there. Something we gladly seem to be catching up on.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #12351 on: May 15, 2018, 11:24:05 am »
I don't know what it is about Harry Kane but i just don't rate him that highly, i mean he's a great goal scorer no doubt as he has proved the last 4 seasons, he scores some wonderful goals as we saw from his winner yesterday and he is definitely up there as one of if not the best striker in the world..

Maybe i'd rate him higher if he wasn't such a greedy diving goal stealing c*nt or maybe if his name was Harry kane-iniho  ;D

He'll be 25 in July and has still never turned up in a game that actually mattered. A flat track bully without the technical ability or the mentality to make the difference at the top level.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12352 on: May 15, 2018, 12:53:53 pm »
In fairness... I don't think that's a fair criticism. You can't be that lucky for that long in the transfer market. They're clearly doing something right in recent years there. Something we gladly seem to be catching up on.

I agree. Credit where it's due. They have brought through via their academy, or via astute acquisitions some very good players irrespective of their propensity to act like dicks (diving, swearing on their childs life etc etc). Their model has a ceiling though if they won`t pay the wages that comes with the relative success of their model. They very reason some of their players want more money is because of that success. If Levy won`t open the purse strings then I can see the manager going, and most likely a few of their squad as well. They can then of course recycle the model and hope they have continued success in the market. The lack of success in terms of actual shiny things also does appear to demonstrate the limits of what can be achieved through what Levy wants to do.

Levy has a long history of not deviating from the model he has built. He also has a long history of squeezing every last penny out of prospective buyers.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12353 on: May 15, 2018, 03:27:57 pm »

Talk in the Times this morning they may have to return to Wembley as the new stadium won't be ready in time for next season...

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/

This is what it looks like now (Time lapse 5, May 15th)

They've not finished the cladding, they haven't put the roof on fully and it's still a building site. Added to that they'll have to get a pitch down, grow it and complete the whole of the interior in the next 3 months. Doesn't seem possible to me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12354 on: May 15, 2018, 03:36:02 pm »
http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/

This is what it looks like now (Time lapse 5, May 15th)

They've not finished the cladding, they haven't put the roof on fully and it's still a building site. Added to that they'll have to get a pitch down, grow it and complete the whole of the interior in the next 3 months. Doesn't seem possible to me.

Our new pitch was a 7 week build and a 5 week growing in project, so 3 months pretty much.

I assume they've got the first couple of matches away from home, so gives them until around the start of Sept, so they're going to have to get a move on to get a pitch ready in time.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12355 on: May 15, 2018, 03:53:56 pm »
It does look a fair way off still, although Atletico's stadium looked like this with 3 months to go as well:

http://www.atleticodemadrid.com/galerias/comienza-la-instalacion-de-los-asientos-en-el-wanda-metropolitano?modo=thumbs

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12356 on: May 15, 2018, 03:56:49 pm »
Our new pitch was a 7 week build and a 5 week growing in project, so 3 months pretty much.

I assume they've got the first couple of matches away from home, so gives them until around the start of Sept, so they're going to have to get a move on to get a pitch ready in time.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they've requested for their first few matches to be away from home, so they can get the stadium ready. This would be similar to how we played the first two matches away from home last season (?) due to pending work on the main stand.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12357 on: May 15, 2018, 03:57:10 pm »
It does look a fair way off still, although Atletico's stadium looked like this with 3 months to go as well:

http://www.atleticodemadrid.com/galerias/comienza-la-instalacion-de-los-asientos-en-el-wanda-metropolitano?modo=thumbs

That's a fair way further on than yours. Sand down for the pitch, a lot of the railing in for the seats, plus the roof structure is all there other than some fabric.

The interesting stuff will be the concourse, changing rooms, etc. as a lot of these can't be done until the exterior cladding is all done, and these will take a while to complete.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12358 on: May 15, 2018, 04:09:48 pm »
That's a fair way further on than yours. Sand down for the pitch, a lot of the railing in for the seats, plus the roof structure is all there other than some fabric.

I believe we've already got the sand down for the pitch as well. It's just not in the stadium - it's in the sliding pitch trays under the south stand. The surface you can see inside the stadium at the moment will be where the artificial NFL pitch goes. Obviously can't lay that till the cranes and everything move out though.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12359 on: May 15, 2018, 04:26:09 pm »
I believe we've already got the sand down for the pitch as well. It's just not in the stadium - it's in the sliding pitch trays under the south stand.

The south stand will be known as The Litter Box?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...