Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603869 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6720 on: July 1, 2019, 12:30:25 pm »
He's a very good player but looking forward to the Sixers or another team paying a 37 year old big 24 million in 2022-2023  :P

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6721 on: July 1, 2019, 12:45:34 pm »
How good is Brogdon, guys?

Probably one of the better under the radar signings

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6722 on: July 1, 2019, 01:26:39 pm »
Horford looks like a great signing for the 76ers. I just can't understand giving that much money to Tobias Harris. They are building a team that is suited to the 2003 NBA. They will undoubtedly be one of the better teams in the East, but I can't see them truly challenging for the title with so little shooting.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6723 on: July 1, 2019, 01:29:51 pm »
Confused by the Russell signing. Neither Steph or Russell are exactly good defenders, so I feel like they will have trouble keeping them both on the floor at the same time especially in crunch time. I'm sure Kerr will stagger their minutes in order to have a creator on the court at all times, but either way they are going to have zero depth in the 3-5 positions.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6724 on: July 1, 2019, 01:31:36 pm »
Confused by the Russell signing. Neither Steph or Russell are exactly good defenders, so I feel like they will have trouble keeping them both on the floor at the same time especially in crunch time. I'm sure Kerr will stagger their minutes in order to have a creator on the court at all times, but either way they are going to have zero depth in the 3-5 positions.

They had to do something at this point. A deal with Brooklyn was the only possibility as KD's spot would have eaten this years cap space anyway and they wouldn't be able to bring anyone in regardless. get through this season and maybe they trade him next year.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6725 on: July 1, 2019, 01:35:13 pm »
They had to do something at this point. A deal with Brooklyn was the only possibility as KD's spot would have eaten this years cap space anyway and they wouldn't be able to bring anyone in regardless. get through this season and maybe they trade him next year.

True. They should comfortably make the playoffs now, which I'm sure was on Lacob's mind with the new arena opening next season.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: July 1, 2019, 03:55:24 pm »
As a casual fan looking in, are the Lakers looking at any shooters? Or who's actually available. They've cleared space and salary etc but are they looking for another superstar?
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6727 on: July 1, 2019, 04:21:48 pm »
As a casual fan looking in, are the Lakers looking at any shooters? Or who's actually available. They've cleared space and salary etc but are they looking for another superstar?

They're waiting on Kawhi. It's between the Lakers, Clippers, and Raptors at this point.

If they miss out on him, they need to fill out the roster with role players. Seth Curry, Danny Green, and KCP would be good options to fill the shooting void they have.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6728 on: July 1, 2019, 04:24:21 pm »
Rick Bucher and Broussard both confirming that it's not true that Knicks weren't offering KD the max, however the turning point was Kyrie, they didn't want him, and KD wanted to play with him.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6729 on: July 1, 2019, 05:25:12 pm »
That's exactly what he is, a good trade chip. We didn't want to give KD for nothing and we needed someone since Klay will be out until late next year. Meanwhile DR didn't find a suitable team bar Minny so it worked for both of us. If somehow it works like him and Curry as guards and moving Klay to SF, great. If not then we will trade him.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6730 on: July 1, 2019, 05:34:05 pm »
https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-and-losers-from-the-opening-night-of-2019-nba-free-agency-065344596.html

Winners and losers from the opening night of 2019 NBA free agency

WINNERS
Brooklyn Nets

When you sign Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving — two of the three biggest names on the market — you are a winner in free agency, even if the former ruptured his right Achilles tendon and the latter fractured a title contender’s locker room. They stole the show before free agency even opened, with the news coming moments before 6 p.m. on Sunday. In one fell swoop, they legitimized the franchise, took ownership of New York City basketball and cemented themselves as contenders in 2020-21.

There are plenty of questions about how this will work. Can Kenny Atkinson wrangle Irving in a way Brad Stevens could not? Will Durant enjoy playing with Irving any more than he did Russell Westbrook? How will two of the league’s most combative superstars handle playing in the NBA’s largest media market? Will Durant ever be the same after suffering a historically devastating injury? And how much will change between now and the next time we see Durant on the court?

Still, this is KD and Kyrie, two of the most talented scorers on the planet, now playing for a Nets team that was the laughingstock of the league not long ago. Brooklyn also added DeAndre Jordan and Garrett Temple, a pair of useful veterans, to a talented young roster. That the Nets are in this position — arguably even with the Boston Celtics this coming season and ahead of them thereafter — is a stunning turnaround six years removed from one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Philadelphia 76ers
This one took a wild swing in a span of four minutes on Sunday night. After J.J. Redick left for the New Orleans Pelicans, we learned the Sixers agreed to send Jimmy Butler to the Miami Heat in a sign-and-trade, which seemed like a blow to a team that relied heavily on Redick to space the floor and Butler to generate offense late in playoff games, but within minutes we discovered that Josh Richardson was on his way back in the Butler deal and Al Horford was coming from Boston.

The Butler deal remained up in the air late Sunday night, as the Heat tried to find a third team to take on Goran Dragic’s contract, but it seems headed for completion.

The 76ers will essentially swap Butler and Redick for Horford and Richardson, and also signed Tobias Harris to a five-year, $180 million deal. Horford and Richardson combined to make 237 3-pointers last year, three fewer than Redick. Still, the Sixers locked in a massive starting lineup that will form a devastating defense, while making the Celtics worse. Once the key to slowing Joel Embiid in recent years, Horford can now help maximize his new frontcourt mate’s effectiveness and rest.

There is risk to spending almost $300 million on Harris, who disappeared at times in the playoffs, and Horford, who will be 37 years old when his deal ends. But there is no clear-cut NBA favorite right now, and the Sixers just opened their title window.

The new West
The championship chances of the Golden State Warriors had already taken a hit in 2019-20, given the tendon tears for Durant and Klay Thompson, but KD’s departure East seemingly lessened their title odds henceforth. Then came the news that D’Angelo Russell was coming back in a sign-and-trade, which is a lot to unpack.

The Warriors will not lose Durant for nothing, and they add another star alongside Stephen Curry and Draymond Green, but the move’s salary cap constraints also meant they had to move on from Andre Iguodala, and it cost them a first-round pick. This makes for a weird roster once Thompson returns, with three guards and only one plus defender among them, and no cap room to add frontcourt depth.

The Warriors can always move Russell for a piece in the future, but the death lineup is dead in Golden State, and every other playoff team in the West went to bed on Sunday feeling better about their futures, regardless of their own free agency.

The Utah Jazz probably feel best. Having already traded for Mike Conley, they signed Bojan Bogdanovic and Ed Davis, two of the more underrated players on the market. The sign-and-trade of Derrick Favors to New Orleans mitigates the Davis move a bit, but a starting lineup with Conley, Bogdanovic, Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles is a small-ball monster with Rudy Gobert mopping up on the back end.

The Los Angeles Lakers, who saw a lot of their contingency plans come off the board if they do not land Kawhi Leonard, will continue to feel good with LeBron James and Anthony Davis at the top of a roster with $32 million in cap space.

The Portland Trail Blazers lost Al-Farouq Aminu to the Orlando Magic, but will sign Damian Lillard to a super-max extension and keep Rodney Hood on a nicely priced two-year, $16 million deal after already swapping Evan Turner for Kent Bazemore.

Likewise, the Denver Nuggets did not make a big free-agent splash on Sunday night, but they retained Paul Millsap and extended Jamal Murray for big money.

The Houston Rockets also kept their core together. None of this leaves many open playoff spots, but now almost every team that gets in at least feels it has a chance.

The sign and trade
Long thought dead after the decision eight years ago to remove the fifth year from contracts for outgoing players, the sign-and-trade made a big comeback in 2019.

With teams either attempting to salvage something out of an outgoing asset or doing salary cap gymnastics to maximize incoming assets, the league’s increased player movement has opened the door for the revival of the sign-and-trade.

On Sunday night alone, the Celtics, Hornets, 76ers, Heat, Warriors and Nets agreed to blockbuster sign-and-trade deals respectively involving Terry Rozier, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Josh Richardson, Kevin Durant and D’Angelo Russell. Four All-Stars changed hands, and no team left empty-handed, although Charlotte may have gotten its pocket picked in committing three years and $58 million to Rozier.

Tampering
Before free agency even opened, Irving and Durant had already committed to the Nets, and Kemba Walker had been a Celtic for a few days. Horford opted out of Boston a week ago, knowing there was a four-year deal north of $100 million on the table elsewhere. And wouldn’t you know it: Butler’s sign-and-trade conveniently left $100 million available, and Horford was laying in wait without ever meeting with the 76ers. More than $3 billion worth of business was conducted before midnight.

Everyone knew how the dominoes would fall before the first one tipped. How this happened when teams were not permitted to recruit players before 6 p.m. is evidence that tampering is not only widespread in the NBA, but necessary to compete in the marketplace. Lakers fans will be quick to remind you that Magic Johnson was fined twice for less egregious violations of the anti-tampering rule.

LOSERS
James Dolan

In March, the Knicks owner vowed that players and their agents told him that they want to play in New York, giving hope to the NBA’s most downtrodden fanbase that Durant and Irving would come. In a way, he was right, since they went to Brooklyn.

Dolan also said then, “We are definitely going to pay them,” which didn’t go over so well when it turned out he reportedly did not want to offer Durant a max contract over concerns about his Achilles. Durant actually did take less to make room for ex-Knick DeAndre Jordan on the Nets, but the news that Dolan blinked on the max meant he was never in on KD or had a handy excuse for why he did not land him.

In the end, Dolan did pay his free agents — namely power forwards Julius Randle, Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson. They will make a combined $114 million over the next three years, or $26 million less in that same span than Kristaps Porzingis, the All-Star big man the Knicks traded to create max cap space for Durant and Irving.

The Knicks have to take a long look in the mirror after they lost out on a superstar pairing to the crosstown rival Nets — a franchise with less history and fewer fans behind it. Madison Square Garden is no longer the mecca, and that undoubtedly is on Dolan, whose fraught relationship with players from the organization’s last title contender is still impacting their ability to build a legitimate team two decades later. The choice is clear now more than ever: Either Dolan goes, or the Knicks suffer.

Giannis Antetokounmpo
The Milwaukee Bucks retained All-Star wing Khris Middleton and signed veteran center Brook Lopez to a sizable extension, but they also lost rising guard Malcolm Brogdon over a price tag. Rather than retain a key piece of a title contender around the NBA MVP, the Bucks opted not to match the Indiana Pacers offer of four years and $85 million for Brogdon, instead signing-and-trading him for a few draft picks.

The Bucks also kept George Hill and added Robin Lopez to back up his twin brother, but losing Brogdon is a massive blow. His ability to play on or off the ball, space the floor and defend multiple positions opened up so many options, most notably the ability to mask Eric Bledsoe’s playoff failures. He was at times their third-best player behind Antetokounmpo and Middleton, and they lost him for cash.

It is not as though the Bucks could not afford Brogdon. Their owners are billionaires who split the bill for Milwaukee’s new arena with the city’s taxpayers. If ever they were going to pay into the luxury tax, it is now, when you have a contender led by a transcendent player in his prime, two years removed from his own free agency. We shall see if this decision comes back to bite them when Antetokounmpo’s contract ends in 2021, but it certainly makes his road to a championship tougher today.

Boston Celtics
When the news came down that the Celtics were signing-and-trading Rozier for Walker, it appeared as though Boston might be making a play to retain Horford. It would have required even more salary cap machinations, but there was a moment where making one last pitch to their All-Star center seemed a real possibility.

Then, Horford left for the rival Sixers. The Celtics did add Walker, avoiding complete disaster, but they lost Irving, Horford and Rozier. It is still unclear which midlevel exception Boston will have to spend on a replacement center, but a number of their options at $5 or $9 million went elsewhere on Sunday. Even if they land one of the top bargain bigs left, matching up with Horford and Embiid is a logistical nightmare.

If the Celtics believed, as was probably the case, that they were not a title contender with Walker and Horford, offering Horford $109 million over the next four years probably was not a prudent move. Still, the Celtics are less talented today than they were last season, even if the locker room may be a happier place.

Orlando Magic
The Magic spent $154 million on Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross, keeping together the core of a roster that finished 42-40, captured the seventh seed in the East and lost in a five-game first-round series to the eventual champions.

The Vucevic deal is a curious one, since they locked him in for the remainder of Mo Bamba’s rookie contract. It is unclear who they were bidding against. How they plan to develop one center while paying the other $25 million annually is a difficult question to answer, unless they now view Vucevic as a trade asset down the line.

The Magic did swipe Al-Farouq Aminu from the Blazers for three years and $29 million, which gives them depth on the wing, where again they are paying Aaron Gordon $20 million and trying to develop Jonathan Isaac. These moves seem to have been made with an eye toward prioritizing mediocrity over development.

Los Angeles, for now
The only move either L.A. team made was the Clippers retaining Patrick Beverley for $40 million over the next three years. Both teams remain in a holding pattern as they await Kawhi Leonard’s free-agent decision. At least one will whiff with its max cap space, and there is a chance both do, should Leonard return to the Raptors.

Every other top free agent on the market is now committed elsewhere, which destroyed the Clippers’ dream of pairing Leonard with another max-salaried free agent — like Butler or Horford. The biggest star name left is DeMarcus Cousins, and he is not going to sway Leonard’s decision. The Clippers are now left to sell last year’s roster as being one two-time Finals MVP away from title contention.

Meanwhile, the Lakers are pitching a super-team of never-before-seen proportions, grouping three of the league’s best five talents. If they cannot convince Leonard to join LeBron and Davis, their alternative plan to spend $32 million in cap space on a trio of players got a little tougher on Sunday night. Many of the guys who could have provided depth — Ross, Beverley and Darren Collison, to name a few — are no longer available. They could be looking at scraps if Leonard keeps them waiting.

It is increasingly likely that whatever team lands Leonard will be the title favorite in 2020, so one L.A. team’s fortunes could change at any moment. But on the first night of free agency, at least, the Lakers and Clippers are hanging in the balance.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6731 on: July 1, 2019, 05:54:58 pm »
So the knicks gave up Porzingis pretty much telling the world they thought they’d get KD and Kyrie but instead it’s julius Randle, taj Gibson and Wayne Ellington, absolutely hilarious how the two teams who were shouting the loudest all season how they’d get a big free agent or two (‘the clippers think it’s a more than 50% chance to get kd and Kawhi lol) are going to end up with nowt whilst their neighbours who were more discrete have either knocked it out the park (nets) or could still do so (Lakers)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6732 on: July 1, 2019, 06:00:36 pm »
So the knicks gave up Porzingis pretty much telling the world they thought they’d get KD and Kyrie but instead it’s julius Randle, taj Gibson and Wayne Ellington, absolutely hilarious how the two teams who were shouting the loudest all season how they’d get a big free agent or two (‘the clippers think it’s a more than 50% chance to get kd and Kawhi lol) are going to end up with nowt whilst their neighbours who were more discrete have either knocked it out the park (nets) or could still do so (Lakers)
you forgot Bobby Portis and Bullock ;)

Looks like KD and Kyrie both wanted to play in same team even before last season, KD said let's join Knicks but Kyrie insisted on the Nets and he convinced KD that Nets ownership and management is not clueless like Knicks.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2019, 06:03:05 pm by elsewhere »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6733 on: July 1, 2019, 06:09:45 pm »
https://sports.yahoo.com/winners-and-losers-from-the-opening-night-of-2019-nba-free-agency-065344596.html

Are the 76ers really winners? They were the architects of this situation to begin with. They basically just replaced Butler and Redick with Horford and Richardson while paying a borderline all-star $36m a year.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6734 on: July 1, 2019, 06:20:34 pm »
Are the 76ers really winners? They were the architects of this situation to begin with. They basically just replaced Butler and Redick with Horford and Richardson while paying a borderline all-star $36m a year.
id say relative to the rest of the east they’ve ‘won’ as they’re probably the favourites to get out the east now

you forgot Bobby Portis and Bullock ;)

Looks like KD and Kyrie both wanted to play in same team even before last season, KD said let's join Knicks but Kyrie insisted on the Nets and he convinced KD that Nets ownership and management is not clueless like Knicks.
it does worry that KD needed convincing the knicks management are inept like

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6735 on: July 1, 2019, 06:26:58 pm »
Portland trading harkless and Leonard got Hassan Whiteside, probably the best for Whiteside as Jimmy Butler would have a meltdown within minutes

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: July 1, 2019, 06:40:22 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6737 on: July 1, 2019, 06:41:44 pm »
Not for me,no. I think both Tobias and Horford are bad contracts. I just shared the article so folks can see the recap of signings ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6738 on: July 1, 2019, 06:42:17 pm »
it does worry that KD needed convincing the knicks management are inept like
;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6739 on: July 1, 2019, 06:54:20 pm »
How can the NBA teams afford these contracts? Are they all like Man City or something?

Nets are paying Kevin Durant $41m to rehab

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6740 on: July 1, 2019, 07:29:40 pm »
Stephen A has a meltdown ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZhrrrZfIQ&feature=youtu.be
richard Jefferson is brilliant as well, never thought Stephen A could do a better days work then the Kwame Brown trade but with this, the ‘I thought you loved me’ to Rachel Nichols and Charles Barkley going on first take solely to wind him up, just brilliant tv from the master

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6741 on: July 1, 2019, 07:33:49 pm »
Seth Curry has gone back to Dallas, 3 year, 40 some million.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6742 on: July 1, 2019, 07:33:53 pm »
How can the NBA teams afford these contracts? Are they all like Man City or something?

A new TV deal a few years ago led to a huge spike in the salary cap. I'm not sure if it's confirmed yet, but the cap is expected to jump another ~$8m this year.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6743 on: July 1, 2019, 07:37:29 pm »

They're owned by billionaires. Plus tv revenue.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: July 1, 2019, 07:55:02 pm »
Seth Curry has gone back to Dallas, 3 year, 40 some million.
A bit strange as he played there before and didn't quite fit Carlisle but i guess they are leaning on a lot of 3's this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6745 on: July 1, 2019, 07:56:31 pm »
richard Jefferson is brilliant as well, never thought Stephen A could do a better days work then the Kwame Brown trade but with this, the ‘I thought you loved me’ to Rachel Nichols and Charles Barkley going on first take solely to wind him up, just brilliant tv from the master
yeah i quite like Jefferson, he knows when to be funny, when to be kick man for an assist and when to make serious commentary.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: July 1, 2019, 08:00:56 pm »

I suppose their plan is to rest KD until the play off's and they should easily be 4-6th seed imo with the current roster (lost D'angelo but added Kyrie and Deandre) and with a healthy KD and Kyrie sky is the limit as all 76'ers, Raptors, Bucks and Celtics now have a weaker squad than last year imo (given that Kawhi is LA bound). They gotta be careful though and not rush KD.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6747 on: July 1, 2019, 08:08:53 pm »
Enes Kanter to Celtics on 2 yrs 10M deal. I think this one is pretty good when you look at the money being thrown around. I was sure he would get at least 10-12M as he is still only 27 and he even got better defensively last year.

What happened to Cousins by the way? Looks like he will be far off from getting a max or anything close.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6748 on: July 1, 2019, 08:15:19 pm »
Enes Kanter to Celtics on 2 yrs 10M deal. I think this one is pretty good when you look at the money being thrown around. I was sure he would get at least 10-12M as he is still only 27 and he even got better defensively last year.

What happened to Cousins by the way? Looks like he will be far off from getting a max or anything close.

There is no way Cousins is getting a big deal. Nothing has happened to him other than that he's had a horrible injury and he needs time to get back into proper form. If I were Golden State I'd bring him back on a a low level deal

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6749 on: July 1, 2019, 08:17:02 pm »
Blazers Acquire Hassan Whiteside From Heat For Mo Harkless, Meyers Leonard

Austin Rivers Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Rockets

Maxi Kleber Agrees To Four-Year, $35M Deal With Mavs

Elfrid-Payton-Agrees-To-Two-Year-$16M-Deal-With-Knicks

Troy Daniels Agrees To One-Year, $2.1M Deal With Lakers

Bulls Acquire Tomas Satoransky From Wizards On $30M Sign-And-Trade

Cory Joseph Agrees To Three-Year, $37 Million Deal With Kings

Patrick Beverley Agrees To Three-Year, $40M Deal With Clippers

Jamal Murray Agrees To Five-Year, $170M Max Extension With Nuggets

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6750 on: July 1, 2019, 08:18:50 pm »
Some of the deals are crazy. I think the Horford deal will look horrific in a couple of years and Corey Joseph getting $37m is depressing.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6751 on: July 1, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »
There is no way Cousins is getting a big deal. Nothing has happened to him other than that he's had a horrible injury and he needs time to get back into proper form. If I were Golden State I'd bring him back on a a low level deal
I think he will sign with Clippers or Lakers (whichever miss Kawhi) or Mavericks. I was to say Boston after Horford left but they just signed Kanter now. Nobody showing a lot of interest in him, he has to accept he is not Cousins of 3 yrs ago and maybe not ask so much. I feel for him though as he was a bit screwed by Pelicans if you ask me.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6752 on: July 1, 2019, 08:22:09 pm »
Some of the deals are crazy. I think the Horford deal will look horrific in a couple of years and Corey Joseph getting $37m is depressing.
I had no idea Mavs had a player named Kleber and he got 9 m a year.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6753 on: July 1, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
I think he will sign with Clippers or Lakers (whichever miss Kawhi) or Mavericks. I was to say Boston after Horford left but they just signed Kanter now. Nobody showing a lot of interest in him, he has to accept he is not Cousins of 3 yrs ago and maybe not ask so much. I feel for him though as he was a bit screwed by Pelicans if you ask me.

He was fine before his injury. He can get back to form but he'll need time, he's only played a couple of months.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6754 on: July 1, 2019, 08:39:46 pm »
Amin elhassan brought up a month ago knicks fans thought it could be Zion, AD and KD, reality is Julius, BP and TJ!

And from first take earlier hahahaha

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1145724919272968193?s=21
« Last Edit: July 1, 2019, 08:41:59 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6755 on: July 1, 2019, 08:44:05 pm »
The Blazers have managed to get out of their worst three contracts this off-season (Leonard, Harkless and Turner) without giving up Collins, Simons or picks.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6756 on: July 1, 2019, 09:02:20 pm »
A tracker of Day 1 including those who has not signed yet.

2019 TOP FREE AGENTS - SIGNED:

[BOS, 4/141m] Kemba Walker
Shams: Kemba Walker Commits to Celtics on a 4-Yr/$141 Mil Max Contract
[Woj “Balm”] Boston Celtics have emerged as the frontrunner to sign Kemba Walker

[ORL, 4/100m] Nikola Vucevic
Shams: Nikola Vucevic Commits to 4-yr/$100M Deal w/ Magic

[BKN, 4/164M] Kevin Durant
Woj: KD Will Announce His Free agency Decision Tonight
Knicks feel they are still in the running for KD. Another name attached to NYK? Reggie Bullock.
[SAS] "Kyrie & KD to the Nets Is (Essentially) Done"
Plot Twist - 5 minutes later, Woj now reporting KD and Kyrie to BKN more likely
Woj: Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard have been discussing free agent scenarios

[BKN, 4/141M] Kyrie Irving
Woj: Kyrie Meeting with Nets Tomorrow; Moving Quickly Towards 4-yr/$141M Deal
Durant not being lobbied over Kyrie per Stein

[MIL, 5/178M] Kris Middleton
Woj: Khris Middleton Returning to Bucks on 5-yr/$178M Deal
Khris Middleton Likely Returning to Bucks on Max Deal

[IND, 4/85M] Malcolm Brogdon
Woj: Malcolm Brogdon Agrees to 4-yr/$85M Deal with Pacers
Bucks Extend Qualifying Offer to Malcom Brogdon; Becomes Restricted FA
Why aren't any teams going after Malcolm Brogdon?

[PHI, 5/180M] Tobias Harris
Tobias gets max from Philadelphia
Nets Expected To Have Interest In Tobias Harris If They Fail To Sign Kevin Durant

[PHI, 4/109M] Al Horford
Kings To Open Free Agency With Enormous Offer To Al Horford
Horford just followed Zion & Jrue on Instagram..

[MIA, 4/142M] Jimmy Butler
Jimmy Butler expected to meet the Miami Heat in South Fla. Sunday. Butler/Rockets

[GSW, 5/190M] Klay Thompson
Shams: Klay & Warriors plan to reach agreement on 5 year - 190 mil max
Klay Thompson To Formally Agree To Stay With GSW On Sunday For 5 Years $191 Million

[GSW, 4/117M] D'Angelo Russell
Woj: Warriors acquire D-Lo 4 years/117M
Stein: Timberwolves at the Top of D-Lo’s Wishlist
Haynes: Minnesota Timberwolves to meet with D’Angelo Russell
The Los Angeles Lakers reached out to D'Angelo Russell's agents at CAA
D'Angelo Russell Free Agency Options

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL FREE AGENTS:

[BKN, 4/164M] Kevin Durant,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$30,750,000
[DEN, 1/30M] Paul Millsap,,,,,DEN,,,,,CO,,,,,,,,,,$30,500,000
[PHI, 4/109M] Al Horford,,,,,BOS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$28,331,557
[SAC 4/85M] Harrison Barnes,,,,,SAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$23,609,631
[BKN, 4/40M] DeAndre Jordan,,,,,NYK,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$22,897,200
Jabari Parker,,,,,WAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$20,000,000
Kawhi Leonard,,,,,TOR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$18,868,625
[BKN, 4/141M] Kyrie Irving,,,,,BOS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$18,868,625
[MIA, 4/142] Jimmy Butler,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$18,467,976
[GSW, 5/190] Klay Thompson,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$17,244,863
[MEM, 3/45M] Jonas Valanciunas,,,,,MEM,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$16,000,000
[PHI, 5/180M] Tobias Harris,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$16,000,000
[SAC, 2/25M] Trevor Ariza,,,,,WAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$15,000,000
[SAS, 2/13M] DeMarre Carroll,,,,,BKN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$14,500,000
[NYK, 2/20M] Taj Gibson,,,,,MIN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$14,000,000
[MIL, 5/178M] Khris Middleton,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$14,000,000
[PHX, 3/51M] Ricky Rubio,,,,,UTH,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$13,750,000
[MIL, 2/9.7M] Robin Lopez,,,,,CHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$13,503,875
[CHI, 3/41M] Thaddeus Young,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$13,500,000
[ORL, 4/100M] Nikola Vucevic,,,,,ORL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$13,250,000
[Banned] Tyreke Evans,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$12,400,000
[NOP, 2/25M] J.J. Redick,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$12,250,000
[BOS, 4/141M] Kemba Walker,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$12,000,000
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$12,000,000
Wilson Chandler,,,,,LAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$11,625,000
Alec Burks,,,,,SAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$10,500,000
[ORL, 4/54M] Terrence Ross,,,,,ORL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$10,500,000
[UTA, 4/73M] Bojan Bogdanovic,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$10,500,000
[SAS, 2/32M] Rudy Gay,,,,,SAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$10,087,200
Iman Shumpert,,,,,HOU,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$10,000,000
Danny Green,,,,,TOR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$10,000,000
[Retired] Darren Collison,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$10,000,000
Jared Dudley,,,,,BKN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$10,000,000
Rajon Rondo,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$9,000,000
Jerryd Bayless,,,,,MIN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$9,000,000
[NKY, 3/63M] Julius Randle,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$8,857,025
Kosta Koufos,,,,,SAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$8,219,750
JaMychal Green,,,,,LAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$8,100,000
[BKN, 2/10M] Garrett Temple,,,,,LAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$8,000,000
[Barcelona] Nikola Mirotic,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$7,500,000
[ORL, 3/29M] Al-Farouq Aminu,,,,,POR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$7,500,000
[SAC, 3/37M] Cory Joseph,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$7,472,500
[SAC, 3/40M] Dewayne Dedmon,,,,,ATL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$7,050,000
[IND, 3/32M] Jeremy Lamb,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$7,000,000
Boban Marjanovic,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$7,000,000
[POR, 2/MIN] Mario Hezonja,,,,,NYK,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$6,500,000
[WAS 2/12M] Ishmael Smith,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$6,000,000
LAC, 3/40M] Patrick Beverley,,,,,LAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$5,756,757
[GSW, 4/117M] D'Angelo Russell,,,,,BKN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$5,754,495
Anthony Tolliver,,,,,MIN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$5,750,000
DeMarcus Cousins,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$5,337,000
Thabo Sefolosha,,,,,UTH,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$5,250,000
Marcus Morris,,,,,BOS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$5,000,000
[OKC, TBD] Mike Muscala,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$5,000,000
[DAL, 5/158M] Kristaps Porzingis,,,,,DAL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$4,662,524
Justin Holiday,,,,,MEM,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$4,500,000
Dragan Bender,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$4,468,800
Kyle O'Quinn,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,449,000
[UTA, 2/10M] Ed Davis,,,,,BKN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,449,000
Lance Stephenson,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,449,000
[PHI, 2/9.8M] Mike Scott,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,320,500
Glenn Robinson III,,,,,DET,,,,,CO,,,,,,,,,,$4,075,000
Jose Barea,,,,,DAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$4,000,425
Willie Cauley-Stein,,,,,SAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,837,619
Nene Hilario,,,,,HOU,,,,,PO (declined),,,,,,,,,,$3,651,480
Emmanuel Mudiay,,,,,NYK,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,505,000
[POR, 2/16M] Rodney Hood,,,,,POR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$3,472,887
[MIL, 4/52M] Brook Lopez,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$3,382,000
Troy Daniels,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,333,336
Ekpe Udoh,,,,,UTH,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$3,280,000
Stanley Johnson,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,212,511
Marquese Chriss,,,,,CLE,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,073,800
[CHI, 3/30M] Tomas Satoransky,,,,,WAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$3,000,000
Elfrid Payton,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$3,000,000
Frank Kaminsky,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$2,954,491
Seth Curry,,,,,POR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,795,000
Trey Lyles,,,,,DEN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$2,596,512
[NYK, 2/21M] Reggie Bullock,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$2,500,000
Dante Cunningham,,,,,SAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,487,000
Jeff Green,,,,,WAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Raymond Felton,,,,,OKC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Amir Johnson,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Zaza Pachulia,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Channing Frye,,,,,CLE,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Vince Carter,,,,,ATL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Devin Harris,,,,,DAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Jamal Crawford,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Udonis Haslem,,,,,MIA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Luol Deng,,,,,MIN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
[DET, 2/15M] Derrick Rose,,,,,MIN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
JaVale McGee,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
Jose Calderon,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,393,887
[NYK, 2/16M] Wayne Ellington,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,383,076
Kelly Oubre Jr.,,,,,PHX,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$2,307,138
[CHA, 3/58M] Terry Rozier,,,,,BOS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$2,192,428
Jonas Jerebko,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,176,260
Quincy Pondexter,,,,,SAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,165,481
Darius Miller,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$2,152,500
Tyson Chandler,,,,,LAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,109,867
Isaiah Thomas,,,,,DEN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,029,463
Shelvin Mack,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,029,463
Corey Brewer,,,,,SAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$2,000,000
Sam Dekker,,,,,WAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,980,414
Jerian Grant,,,,,ORL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,892,139
[OKC, TBD] Nerlens Noel,,,,,OKC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,872,774
Delon Wright,,,,,MEM,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,817,185
Justin Anderson,,,,,ATL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,764,662
Ian Clark,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,757,429
James Ennis,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,733,358
Joakim Noah,,,,,MEM,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,731,173
Tyler Lydon,,,,,DEN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,727,040
[NYK, 2/31M] Bobby Portis,,,,,WAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,713,877
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson,,,,,BKN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,668,205
Tyus Jones,,,,,MIN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,634,299
Noah Vonleh,,,,,NYK,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,621,415
Luke Kornet,,,,,NYK,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,619,260
Jarell Martin,,,,,ORL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,601,151
Christian Wood,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,,,,,,$1,578,979
Kevon Looney,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,567,007
David Nwaba,,,,,CHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,512,601
Furkan Korkmaz,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,482,760
Nando de Colo,,,,,TOR,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,431,500
Wayne Selden,,,,,CHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,428,781
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot,,,,,CHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,419,504
Ryan Arcidiacono,,,,,CHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,349,383
Ivica Zubac,,,,,LAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,297,506
Richaun Holmes,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,292,976
Trey Burke,,,,,DAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,289,588
[IND, 4/85M] Malcolm Brogdon,,,,,MIL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,260,854
Austin Rivers,,,,,HOU,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,155,323
Jake Layman,,,,,POR,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,152,521
Cheick Diallo,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,133,678
Rodney McGruder,,,,,LAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,133,678
Dorian Finney-Smith,,,,,DAL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,133,678
T.J. McConnell,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Bird,,,,,$1,117,908
Khem Birch,,,,,ORL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
Jordan Bell,,,,,GSW,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
Maxi Kleber,,,,,DAL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
[WAS, 3/25M] Thomas Bryant,,,,,WAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
Daniel Theis,,,,,BOS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
Tyler Dorsey,,,,,MEM,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,096,929
Duncan Robinson,,,,,MIA,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$1,030,062
Kenneth Faried,,,,,HOU,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$917,272
Chasson Randle,,,,,WAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$869,094
Brad Wanamaker,,,,,BOS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$838,464
Patrick McCaw,,,,,TOR,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$786,211
Quinn Cook,,,,,GSW,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,,,,,$779,892
Wesley Matthews,,,,,IND,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$737,715
Jeremy Lin,,,,,TOR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$697,358
Enes Kanter,,,,,POR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$653,556
Markieff Morris,,,,,OKC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$573,295
Nik Stauskas,,,,,CLE,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$540,472
Salah Mejri,,,,,DAL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$531,189
Pau Gasol,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$527,467
Andrew Bogut,,,,,GSW,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$486,892
John Jenkins,,,,,NYK,,,,,CO,,,,,,,,,,$486,520
[HOU, 3/11M] Danuel House,,,,,HOU,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$247,827
Tim Frazier,,,,,MIL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$210,692
Jimmer Fredette,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$198,580
Jodie Meeks,,,,,TOR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$196,724
Donatas Motiejunas,,,,,SAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$69,503
Isaac Humphries,,,,,ATL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$47,371
Jonathan Gibson,,,,,BOS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$44,495
Billy Garrett,,,,,NYK,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$42,634
Greg Monroe,,,,,PHI,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$12,234
Tyler Zeller,,,,,MEM,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$10,697
[ORL, 1/TBD] Michael Carter-Williams,,,,,ORL,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$9,929
Eric Moreland,,,,,TOR,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$8,853
Mitch Creek,,,,,MIN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,737
Theo Pinson,,,,,BKN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,,,,,$4,737
George King,,,,,PHX,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Isaiah Hicks,,,,,NYK,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,-
Jawun Evans,,,,,OKC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Deng Adel,,,,,CLE,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Devin Robinson,,,,,WAS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Early Bird,-
C.J. Williams,,,,,MIN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Jordan Loyd,,,,,TOR,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Isaiah Whitehead,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Zach Lofton,,,,,DET,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Tyler Cavanaugh,,,,,UTH,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
P.J. Dozier,,,,,BOS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Ben Moore,,,,,SAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Jared Terrell,,,,,MIN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Angel Delgado,,,,,LAC,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Troy Caupain,,,,,ORL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Trevon Bluiett,,,,,NOP,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Damion Lee,,,,,GSW,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Naz Mitrou-Long,,,,,UTH,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Keenan Evans,,,,,DET,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Vincent Edwards,,,,,HOU,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Alex Poythress,,,,,ATL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Johnathan Motley,,,,,LAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,-
Kalin Lucas,,,,,DET,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Troy Williams,,,,,SAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Donte Grantham,,,,,OKC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Brandon Sampson,,,,,CHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Alex Caruso,,,,,LAL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Early Bird,-
Marcus Derrickson,,,,,GSW,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
David Stockton,,,,,UTH,,,,,UFA,,,,,,-
Davon Reed,,,,,IND,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Brandon Goodwin,,,,,DEN,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Shake Milton,,,,,PHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Joe Chealey,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Amile Jefferson,,,,,ORL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
R.J. Hunter,,,,,BOS,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Wenyen Gabriel,,,,,SAC,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Bonzie Colson,,,,,MIL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Kadeem Allen,,,,,NYK,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Drew Eubanks,,,,,SAS,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Yuta Watanabe,,,,,MEM,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Jaron Blossomgame,,,,,CLE,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Jalen Jones,,,,,CLE,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Rawle Alkins,,,,,CHI,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Johnathan Williams,,,,,LAL,,,,,RFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
Alan Williams,,,,,BKN,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-
J.P. Macura,,,,,CHA,,,,,UFA,,,,,Non-Bird,-

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6757 on: July 1, 2019, 10:09:17 pm »
Part of me feels sorry for the Knicks. They had worst record but Pelicans got Zion. Lakers got #3 which made them get AD much easier. Then Durant's achilles happened which killed AD going to Knicks. Brooklyn is somehow beneficiary of Knicks misfortune but Sean Marks did wonderful job there thus far. Always amazed how players who are in the end of rotation do much better than star players in non playing roles when they retire. Magic, Isaiah, Jordan all struggled as a coach, GM, owner for example.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: July 1, 2019, 10:39:36 pm »
Always amazed how players who are in the end of rotation do much better than star players in non playing roles when they retire. Magic, Isaiah, Jordan all struggled as a coach, GM, owner for example.
id guess it’s because they’ve had to really think about things and haven’t been able to lean on their natural talent/not believing that good player makes good coach/exec, and when it comes to running teams chances are the others in the room are so star struck they are a bit scared to tell them where they’re going wrong (know that’s the accusation levelled at Jordan before)

And of course if you are seeing the game from the bench you probably get a better view of how the game works (tactics etc) compared to if you are playing

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6759 on: July 2, 2019, 07:41:38 am »

WINNERS
Brooklyn Nets

When you sign Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving — two of the three biggest names on the market — you are a winner in free agency, even if the former ruptured his right Achilles tendon and the latter fractured a title contender’s locker room. They stole the show before free agency even opened, with the news coming moments before 6 p.m. on Sunday. In one fell swoop, they legitimized the franchise, took ownership of New York City basketball and cemented themselves as contenders in 2020-21.

There are plenty of questions about how this will work. Can Kenny Atkinson wrangle Irving in a way Brad Stevens could not? Will Durant enjoy playing with Irving any more than he did Russell Westbrook? How will two of the league’s most combative superstars handle playing in the NBA’s largest media market? Will Durant ever be the same after suffering a historically devastating injury? And how much will change between now and the next time we see Durant on the court?

Still, this is KD and Kyrie, two of the most talented scorers on the planet, now playing for a Nets team that was the laughingstock of the league not long ago. Brooklyn also added DeAndre Jordan and Garrett Temple, a pair of useful veterans, to a talented young roster. That the Nets are in this position — arguably even with the Boston Celtics this coming season and ahead of them thereafter — is a stunning turnaround six years removed from one of the worst trades in NBA history.

Philadelphia 76ers
This one took a wild swing in a span of four minutes on Sunday night. After J.J. Redick left for the New Orleans Pelicans, we learned the Sixers agreed to send Jimmy Butler to the Miami Heat in a sign-and-trade, which seemed like a blow to a team that relied heavily on Redick to space the floor and Butler to generate offense late in playoff games, but within minutes we discovered that Josh Richardson was on his way back in the Butler deal and Al Horford was coming from Boston.

The Butler deal remained up in the air late Sunday night, as the Heat tried to find a third team to take on Goran Dragic’s contract, but it seems headed for completion.

The 76ers will essentially swap Butler and Redick for Horford and Richardson, and also signed Tobias Harris to a five-year, $180 million deal. Horford and Richardson combined to make 237 3-pointers last year, three fewer than Redick. Still, the Sixers locked in a massive starting lineup that will form a devastating defense, while making the Celtics worse. Once the key to slowing Joel Embiid in recent years, Horford can now help maximize his new frontcourt mate’s effectiveness and rest.

There is risk to spending almost $300 million on Harris, who disappeared at times in the playoffs, and Horford, who will be 37 years old when his deal ends. But there is no clear-cut NBA favorite right now, and the Sixers just opened their title window.

The new West
The championship chances of the Golden State Warriors had already taken a hit in 2019-20, given the tendon tears for Durant and Klay Thompson, but KD’s departure East seemingly lessened their title odds henceforth. Then came the news that D’Angelo Russell was coming back in a sign-and-trade, which is a lot to unpack.

The Warriors will not lose Durant for nothing, and they add another star alongside Stephen Curry and Draymond Green, but the move’s salary cap constraints also meant they had to move on from Andre Iguodala, and it cost them a first-round pick. This makes for a weird roster once Thompson returns, with three guards and only one plus defender among them, and no cap room to add frontcourt depth.

The Warriors can always move Russell for a piece in the future, but the death lineup is dead in Golden State, and every other playoff team in the West went to bed on Sunday feeling better about their futures, regardless of their own free agency.

The Utah Jazz probably feel best. Having already traded for Mike Conley, they signed Bojan Bogdanovic and Ed Davis, two of the more underrated players on the market. The sign-and-trade of Derrick Favors to New Orleans mitigates the Davis move a bit, but a starting lineup with Conley, Bogdanovic, Donovan Mitchell and Joe Ingles is a small-ball monster with Rudy Gobert mopping up on the back end.

The Los Angeles Lakers, who saw a lot of their contingency plans come off the board if they do not land Kawhi Leonard, will continue to feel good with LeBron James and Anthony Davis at the top of a roster with $32 million in cap space.

The Portland Trail Blazers lost Al-Farouq Aminu to the Orlando Magic, but will sign Damian Lillard to a super-max extension and keep Rodney Hood on a nicely priced two-year, $16 million deal after already swapping Evan Turner for Kent Bazemore.

Likewise, the Denver Nuggets did not make a big free-agent splash on Sunday night, but they retained Paul Millsap and extended Jamal Murray for big money.

The Houston Rockets also kept their core together. None of this leaves many open playoff spots, but now almost every team that gets in at least feels it has a chance.

The sign and trade
Long thought dead after the decision eight years ago to remove the fifth year from contracts for outgoing players, the sign-and-trade made a big comeback in 2019.

With teams either attempting to salvage something out of an outgoing asset or doing salary cap gymnastics to maximize incoming assets, the league’s increased player movement has opened the door for the revival of the sign-and-trade.

On Sunday night alone, the Celtics, Hornets, 76ers, Heat, Warriors and Nets agreed to blockbuster sign-and-trade deals respectively involving Terry Rozier, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Josh Richardson, Kevin Durant and D’Angelo Russell. Four All-Stars changed hands, and no team left empty-handed, although Charlotte may have gotten its pocket picked in committing three years and $58 million to Rozier.

Tampering
Before free agency even opened, Irving and Durant had already committed to the Nets, and Kemba Walker had been a Celtic for a few days. Horford opted out of Boston a week ago, knowing there was a four-year deal north of $100 million on the table elsewhere. And wouldn’t you know it: Butler’s sign-and-trade conveniently left $100 million available, and Horford was laying in wait without ever meeting with the 76ers. More than $3 billion worth of business was conducted before midnight.

Everyone knew how the dominoes would fall before the first one tipped. How this happened when teams were not permitted to recruit players before 6 p.m. is evidence that tampering is not only widespread in the NBA, but necessary to compete in the marketplace. Lakers fans will be quick to remind you that Magic Johnson was fined twice for less egregious violations of the anti-tampering rule.

LOSERS
James Dolan

In March, the Knicks owner vowed that players and their agents told him that they want to play in New York, giving hope to the NBA’s most downtrodden fanbase that Durant and Irving would come. In a way, he was right, since they went to Brooklyn.

Dolan also said then, “We are definitely going to pay them,” which didn’t go over so well when it turned out he reportedly did not want to offer Durant a max contract over concerns about his Achilles. Durant actually did take less to make room for ex-Knick DeAndre Jordan on the Nets, but the news that Dolan blinked on the max meant he was never in on KD or had a handy excuse for why he did not land him.

In the end, Dolan did pay his free agents — namely power forwards Julius Randle, Bobby Portis and Taj Gibson. They will make a combined $114 million over the next three years, or $26 million less in that same span than Kristaps Porzingis, the All-Star big man the Knicks traded to create max cap space for Durant and Irving.

The Knicks have to take a long look in the mirror after they lost out on a superstar pairing to the crosstown rival Nets — a franchise with less history and fewer fans behind it. Madison Square Garden is no longer the mecca, and that undoubtedly is on Dolan, whose fraught relationship with players from the organization’s last title contender is still impacting their ability to build a legitimate team two decades later. The choice is clear now more than ever: Either Dolan goes, or the Knicks suffer.

Giannis Antetokounmpo
The Milwaukee Bucks retained All-Star wing Khris Middleton and signed veteran center Brook Lopez to a sizable extension, but they also lost rising guard Malcolm Brogdon over a price tag. Rather than retain a key piece of a title contender around the NBA MVP, the Bucks opted not to match the Indiana Pacers offer of four years and $85 million for Brogdon, instead signing-and-trading him for a few draft picks.

The Bucks also kept George Hill and added Robin Lopez to back up his twin brother, but losing Brogdon is a massive blow. His ability to play on or off the ball, space the floor and defend multiple positions opened up so many options, most notably the ability to mask Eric Bledsoe’s playoff failures. He was at times their third-best player behind Antetokounmpo and Middleton, and they lost him for cash.

It is not as though the Bucks could not afford Brogdon. Their owners are billionaires who split the bill for Milwaukee’s new arena with the city’s taxpayers. If ever they were going to pay into the luxury tax, it is now, when you have a contender led by a transcendent player in his prime, two years removed from his own free agency. We shall see if this decision comes back to bite them when Antetokounmpo’s contract ends in 2021, but it certainly makes his road to a championship tougher today.

Boston Celtics
When the news came down that the Celtics were signing-and-trading Rozier for Walker, it appeared as though Boston might be making a play to retain Horford. It would have required even more salary cap machinations, but there was a moment where making one last pitch to their All-Star center seemed a real possibility.

Then, Horford left for the rival Sixers. The Celtics did add Walker, avoiding complete disaster, but they lost Irving, Horford and Rozier. It is still unclear which midlevel exception Boston will have to spend on a replacement center, but a number of their options at $5 or $9 million went elsewhere on Sunday. Even if they land one of the top bargain bigs left, matching up with Horford and Embiid is a logistical nightmare.

If the Celtics believed, as was probably the case, that they were not a title contender with Walker and Horford, offering Horford $109 million over the next four years probably was not a prudent move. Still, the Celtics are less talented today than they were last season, even if the locker room may be a happier place.

Orlando Magic
The Magic spent $154 million on Nikola Vucevic and Terrence Ross, keeping together the core of a roster that finished 42-40, captured the seventh seed in the East and lost in a five-game first-round series to the eventual champions.

The Vucevic deal is a curious one, since they locked him in for the remainder of Mo Bamba’s rookie contract. It is unclear who they were bidding against. How they plan to develop one center while paying the other $25 million annually is a difficult question to answer, unless they now view Vucevic as a trade asset down the line.

The Magic did swipe Al-Farouq Aminu from the Blazers for three years and $29 million, which gives them depth on the wing, where again they are paying Aaron Gordon $20 million and trying to develop Jonathan Isaac. These moves seem to have been made with an eye toward prioritizing mediocrity over development.

Los Angeles, for now
The only move either L.A. team made was the Clippers retaining Patrick Beverley for $40 million over the next three years. Both teams remain in a holding pattern as they await Kawhi Leonard’s free-agent decision. At least one will whiff with its max cap space, and there is a chance both do, should Leonard return to the Raptors.

Every other top free agent on the market is now committed elsewhere, which destroyed the Clippers’ dream of pairing Leonard with another max-salaried free agent — like Butler or Horford. The biggest star name left is DeMarcus Cousins, and he is not going to sway Leonard’s decision. The Clippers are now left to sell last year’s roster as being one two-time Finals MVP away from title contention.

Meanwhile, the Lakers are pitching a super-team of never-before-seen proportions, grouping three of the league’s best five talents. If they cannot convince Leonard to join LeBron and Davis, their alternative plan to spend $32 million in cap space on a trio of players got a little tougher on Sunday night. Many of the guys who could have provided depth — Ross, Beverley and Darren Collison, to name a few — are no longer available. They could be looking at scraps if Leonard keeps them waiting.

It is increasingly likely that whatever team lands Leonard will be the title favorite in 2020, so one L.A. team’s fortunes could change at any moment. But on the first night of free agency, at least, the Lakers and Clippers are hanging in the balance.
I dont get 6ers as winners at all. like how paying a lot for back up 4/5 doesnt make sense.