Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759441 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7960 on: July 22, 2019, 10:52:38 am »
Personally can't see him starting the first two league matches - think Origi takes his spot and he'll be eased in from the bench with a view to starting against Arsenal

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7961 on: July 22, 2019, 10:54:24 am »
Personally can't see him starting the first two league matches - think Origi takes his spot and he'll be eased in from the bench with a view to starting against Arsenal
Agree. That’s most likely
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7962 on: July 22, 2019, 10:56:08 am »

Hopefully Origi does well if that's the case. Our opponents won't be at full strength either very early on in the season.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7963 on: July 22, 2019, 12:24:46 pm »
i don't see the need to rush Mane back in, if anything i'd like to hope that we would have enough firepower to be able to deal with Norwich without having to call upon Mane, and ensure he gets a proper rest and pre-season.

I certainly think he is a key player for us though, and having him back soonest would be more beneficial, but i would certainly take holding him back at the beginning of the season and ensure he is fit for the remainder than playing him too early and risk him getting an injury, but that is kind of an obvious thing to say though really!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7964 on: July 22, 2019, 12:34:33 pm »
That doesn't mean he will start against Norwich, it means he'll make the bench at least.

Offline great power rising

• Main Stander
« Reply #7965 on: July 22, 2019, 01:08:22 pm »
the video of the senegal party is just class

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #7966 on: July 22, 2019, 01:46:16 pm »
I strongly believe he needs an extra week rest. But I hope "returns after that curtain raiser" means that he will just start slowly with basic training and won't be pushed yet. We all know Sadio gets fit pretty quick... so I'd be happier he's on the beach for another week. Me thinks Klopp may want him v Arsenal... so he would start sooner than I prefer (I know, I'm important to please) but then I believe Klopp will take option 2: which is instead of a 3 or 4 week rest, he will get just 2 weeks + sit out smaller games along the way. I prefer a full 3 week rest.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7967 on: July 22, 2019, 01:56:39 pm »
The club know what they are doing, I trust them to make correct decisions.

Yes they know what they're doing. However, if we really believed the squad was strong enough to cope then Mane wouldn't be rushed back after playing non stop for 12 months.

IMO players should get a statutory 3-4 week break every summer, fought for by the players' union (and ideally a month) but the ever increasing demands of international football with ever more competitions and games (Nations League every other year, Copa America every year, AFCON every other year, Euros, qualfiiers, World Cups, friendlies) means clubs suffer at the start of the season. And even if they do get a 3 week break, they're back in July traveling around America or Asia playing friendlies in stifling heat.

Klopp has a policy that he doesn't want to buy a player for the sake of a few weeks, which makes perfect sense, but the net result is Mane is rushed back and not given a proper rest.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:58:49 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7968 on: July 22, 2019, 03:58:07 pm »
Didn't he have a break before Afcon started anyway? He played his first match 26 days after the Champions League final and 14 days after the Copa America started. Pretty sure that'll be why we aren't insisting on the usual 3-week break.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7969 on: July 22, 2019, 04:13:37 pm »
Didn't he have a break before Afcon started anyway? He played his first match 26 days after the Champions League final and 14 days after the Copa America started. Pretty sure that'll be why we aren't insisting on the usual 3-week break.

Imagine he was training and playing practice games for at least a couple of weeks?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7970 on: July 22, 2019, 04:17:50 pm »
Imagine he was training and playing practice games for at least a couple of weeks?

They didn't go with the national side right away. He also didn't play the first game as he was suspended.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7971 on: July 22, 2019, 04:20:49 pm »
He’ll be fine, these lads are well used to this being practically a year long profession.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7972 on: July 22, 2019, 04:52:33 pm »

They only played one (non-official) friendly which was on June 16th and I cannot find any record of Mane playing in that.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #7973 on: July 22, 2019, 04:54:12 pm »
I strongly believe he needs an extra week rest. But I hope "returns after that curtain raiser" means that he will just start slowly with basic training and won't be pushed yet. We all know Sadio gets fit pretty quick... so I'd be happier he's on the beach for another week. Me thinks Klopp may want him v Arsenal... so he would start sooner than I prefer (I know, I'm important to please) but then I believe Klopp will take option 2: which is instead of a 3 or 4 week rest, he will get just 2 weeks + sit out smaller games along the way. I prefer a full 3 week rest.

Luckily the club has got a sports science department that is paid to plan all this stuff out. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Mane will get the rest he needs so that he can participate fully in the entire season. We wouldn't rush him back for the sake of Norwich or the Super Cup. He might be introduced into the season gradually. He might just come back and play straight away. Any decision will be dictated by the sports science assessments of a player through the raft of data they generate on players fitness and physical and mental capabilities.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7974 on: July 22, 2019, 05:10:17 pm »
You would think that the club and the staff that monitors every player's fitness and diet, and has individual programs for each one, would know what's best for each player.

You would think that the club at this level are capable of doing this without being questioned like they're amateurs.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7975 on: July 22, 2019, 05:13:29 pm »
You would think that the club and the staff that monitors every player's fitness and diet, and has individual programs for each one, would know what's best for each player.

You would think that the club at this level are capable of doing this without being questioned like they're amateurs.

You would think that. But clearly it’s not true. The club is in shambles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7976 on: July 22, 2019, 06:59:02 pm »
You would think that. But clearly it’s not true. The club is in shambles.

Clueless the lot of them

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7977 on: July 22, 2019, 07:03:55 pm »
The world cup final was on 15th July last year and many of the Spurs players were back for the start of the season. Probably a similar schedule that the likes of De Bruyne, Hazard and the Spurs lot had.

Offline great power rising

• Main Stander
« Reply #7978 on: July 22, 2019, 08:58:10 pm »
relax, take it easy!

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7979 on: July 23, 2019, 01:48:07 pm »
Actually, the issue about the lack of rest on players is not about telling the club they are not qualified. I have a number of people working under me. I'm quite aware that they're overworked and that the world is going crazy, despite of being aware of this fact, where we are today overrides several managers and admin's personal hopes... we all just got to keep working, working, seeing less of our children and families... To pretend that we are all professionals and have qualifications to deal with that is missing a big point, which we are not saying the club is not aware of... but we're saying... why such things are said, cos it's a forum... why such things are said on a forum when there are people already in positions making decisions ahead of us? Cos we can. Should people stop complaining about being overworked? No.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7980 on: July 23, 2019, 02:26:07 pm »
Actually, the issue about the lack of rest on players is not about telling the club they are not qualified. I have a number of people working under me. I'm quite aware that they're overworked and that the world is going crazy, despite of being aware of this fact, where we are today overrides several managers and admin's personal hopes... we all just got to keep working, working, seeing less of our children and families... To pretend that we are all professionals and have qualifications to deal with that is missing a big point, which we are not saying the club is not aware of... but we're saying... why such things are said, cos it's a forum... why such things are said on a forum when there are people already in positions making decisions ahead of us? Cos we can. Should people stop complaining about being overworked? No.

Ultimately it's not LFC or Mane's fault that he/his team-mates are overworked.

There's too many games, too many competitions. Take away international football (i.e. Milner) and the rest time is there. The two combined (club game and international game) and it's far too much if your club and national team is successful. AFCON and Copa Americas seemingly every year don't help either.

Of course scrapping international football/easing the load would only encourage the club game to expand their competitions. It's a 12 month sport now for players and they get a token couple off weeks off during their pre-season if they're successful in an international tournament. Then back to their clubs to start another 12 month season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7981 on: July 23, 2019, 02:36:44 pm »

Except yoour job with all due respect is not revolved around maintaining the health of your workers under you. A football club is different, you're comparing apples to oranges. Managing fitness and injuries is a daily part of the job.

For you and your line of work [or any of us who aren't involved in sports] is not something that is a priority.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #7982 on: July 23, 2019, 07:03:49 pm »
The club (no club) should be put in this position in the first place.

The idea that clubs potentially can't field their best players in games at start of season or end up with players only having very short breaks because of the international calendar is absurd IMHO.

The powers that be should get their heads together and work it out so no international tournament ends less than a month before the start of the major leagues seasons.

The PL aren't helpul here either - why the PL season needs to start a week earlier than La Liga and two weeks earlier than Serie A i really don't know and can't see any justification for.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:12:48 pm by an tha »

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7983 on: July 23, 2019, 08:11:31 pm »
Except yoour job with all due respect is not revolved around maintaining the health of your workers under you. A football club is different, you're comparing apples to oranges. Managing fitness and injuries is a daily part of the job.

For you and your line of work [or any of us who aren't involved in sports] is not something that is a priority.

I know what you're saying but I disagree. There are scientists involved in the health, physical and mental, of the worker whether you're in sport or not. Of course this is more visible in places where human and workers rights is respected better. The various scientific and psychological departments then connect to the legal department. You will find there are people higher up in the industries flirting with the limits, and in many cases manipulating to ignore these warnings.

Now, there's people who say "Hey, they're getting paid to play football." But hey, you will also hear people tell you, "Don't have sex for 5 hours in a row, it's bad for your heart and this and that." But hey, we do it anyway, cos I want to win the trophy for the wife.

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7984 on: July 24, 2019, 07:27:47 am »
So, despite Jurgen Klopp and his team of scientists already doing their perfect job that I 100% support, here he comes and gives the same type of speech that I give to the money-men directors who are out of touch with the labour force, and which many others give:

“We sit here and it sounds like I am having a moan or whatever. It is just the situation, in the long-term, is not acceptable,” Klopp said.

“It looks like nobody can imagine a week without football in the year. When did that happen? A game again, a game again.

“It is difficult, difficult for the boys. Everything will be fine this season. But in the long-term? We have to change it.

“There must be breaks. Come on, let them go. Be brave. Don’t treat every game like it is the last of a decade.”

“Sadio Mane’s season, after he played the [Afcon] final, will be 13 months. A 13-month season, that is how it is,” he said.

“Ask him how much holiday he has had. He’s played pretty much every game for Senegal. He’s played each game for us. Every international break, he is away. Ask him.

“The pressure is everywhere. We need to calm this down. We need proper breaks, then you will get world-class performances. Then you can enjoy these boys in the long-term and it will be easier for the younger ones to come through.

“We have to win pretty much every game. So where is the space for development?

“We have to make sure all together that there is enough space for the boys to recover and then to go again. Like it was in the good old times, by the way.”

Despite, now Klopp expectedly adding to this, I'm quite sure there will be people saying everything is going to be okay and our scientists will make sure of that.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7985 on: July 24, 2019, 11:12:38 am »
Chill out! Everything will be ok and out scientists will make sure of it!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7986 on: July 24, 2019, 11:28:29 am »
I suspect that he will miss an international break or two with a ‘niggle’. Leave him at home during the club World Cup add in a mid season break and there are opportunities to rest him plenty during the season and keep him fresh.

There’s no World Cup or AFCON next year, we just need to manage his rest more carefully than last year. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7987 on: July 24, 2019, 11:56:13 am »
I suspect that he will miss an international break or two with a ‘niggle’. Leave him at home during the club World Cup add in a mid season break and there are opportunities to rest him plenty during the season and keep him fresh.

There’s no World Cup or AFCON next year, we just need to manage his rest more carefully than last year. 

We've tried to pull that before and they usually get called up anyway.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7988 on: July 24, 2019, 12:32:08 pm »
Isnt it this season that the PL have factored in a 2wk winter break?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7989 on: July 24, 2019, 01:47:31 pm »
Isnt it this season that the PL have factored in a 2wk winter break?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, the break is in February.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7990 on: July 24, 2019, 03:50:07 pm »
I still think Mane is under-rated by lots of the footballing world and maybe even by some of our own fans! IMO he was our best attacking player last season - he's added everything to his game now; heading, assists, chips, good finishes. He's also our most unpredictable player. At times he's like Suarez was - when he receives the ball you know he's probably going to make something happen and defenders are shitting it.

I think the plan will be to give him some minutes either at the end of the Norwich game depending on the score or in the Super Cup with a view to maybe 60 minutes Vs Southampton.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7991 on: July 24, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
I still think Mane is under-rated by lots of the footballing world and maybe even by some of our own fans! IMO he was our best attacking player last season - he's added everything to his game now; heading, assists, chips, good finishes. He's also our most unpredictable player. At times he's like Suarez was - when he receives the ball you know he's probably going to make something happen and defenders are shitting it.

I think the plan will be to give him some minutes either at the end of the Norwich game depending on the score or in the Super Cup with a view to maybe 60 minutes Vs Southampton.

On paper he wasn't our best attacking player . He was very good, as was Salah, but one thing Mane didn't have is assists.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:56:25 pm by deFacto »

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #7992 on: July 24, 2019, 04:42:09 pm »

I can't see him playing in the super cup. He'll probably be back for Southampton imo.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7993 on: July 27, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »
I can't see him playing in the super cup. He'll probably be back for Southampton imo.
Yep, hopefully back by then but it won't be much of a rest really

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7994 on: July 27, 2019, 07:24:31 pm »
Does Senegal have any matches during the annual international break? If not, he should be able to get some rest then surely? It's almost two weeks between Burnley and Newcastle on either side of the break.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7995 on: July 27, 2019, 07:47:34 pm »
Yep, hopefully back by then but it won't be much of a rest really

How much rest would he need if his body is healthy,is there an ideal time frame ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7996 on: July 27, 2019, 08:05:01 pm »
How much rest would he need if his body is healthy,is there an ideal time frame ?
Well on this page a few posts up you can see what Jurgen has said regarding Mane, his concern is the long term impact

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7997 on: July 27, 2019, 08:08:47 pm »
Well on this page a few posts up you can see what Jurgen has said regarding Mane, his concern is the long term impact

I'm not disputing it,just wondered what the ideal resting period is.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7998 on: July 28, 2019, 02:28:36 pm »
On paper he wasn't our best attacking player . He was very good, as was Salah, but one thing Mane didn't have is assists.

Funny, I was watching back our goals from last season and whilst he doesn't have a lot of official assists - one is it, for Salah at Watford? -  the number of goals he was heavily involved in/played a crucial part in were significant - Against Arsenal at the Emirates he put the cross from the left in that led to Milner's goal, against them at Anfield he won the ball in midfield for Firmino's second, at Wembley he set up Firmino from the left and did the same at Anfield against Man Utd for Shaqiri. Admittedly they're not assist because there were deflections in there but it's him causing chaos for the opposition. He was terrific last season and he's been getting better and better for us season after season, looking forward to this one :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #7999 on: July 28, 2019, 03:34:46 pm »
I hope he sleeps for 2 weeks, wakes up and then starts getting back into training straight away.

After he's brushed his teeth of course. You can never have enough PH.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family