Author Topic: Survivors: Talk about it, share it, we'll try to help  (Read 209724 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Survivors: Talk about it, share it, we'll try to help
« Reply #560 on: April 15, 2023, 12:16:16 am »
https://theathletic.com/4400658/2023/04/14/hillsborough-97-remembered-the-athletic-special-project/?source=twitteruk

The 34th anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster.

To mark it, we are telling the stories of some of the Liverpool fans who died through the words of those who loved them.

This is Hillsborough - the 97 remembered.

All of these articles are free to read.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2023, 09:30:32 am »
Hello All. This is just to say God Bless you all who lost their lives at Hillsborough, supposedly watching a football match. Absolutely fucking unbelievable and unacceptable 34 years on.

Fuck the liars, cover up merchants and all who supported them in any form.

Fuck Openshaw, and all the rabble of masonic cranks who deemed their mates protection more important than bare justice and decency. Fuck your imposed silence for 3 years of our lives. Never again.

Hello Angel, hope you're still here.

RIP the 97 and all who followed.❤️
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #563 on: April 15, 2023, 11:35:13 am »
I found this. I wasn't sure where else to post it. Apologies if inappropriate or previously shared. I share mostly because they've developed a Hillsborough specific therapy to help survivors.

https://www.hsa-us.co.uk/

Just donated today, thank you x

Offline grrth1314

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #564 on: April 12, 2024, 05:02:07 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68663955 article from notts forest fan perspective...

Offline seanbren

• Main Stander
« Reply #565 on: Yesterday at 02:47:25 am »
Hi all. Just after a bit of counselling on something please. I'm a survivor and this date always is always challenging for me.
I watched the Palace match and received comfort as always with the mosaic and impeccable silence. Couldn't help but notice that several of our players were not wearing the black armbands though - Szoboszlai came off the bench not wearing one (surely he should have asked for one, surely SOMEBODY should have checked he was wearing one) and Salah and Konate seemed to have taken theirs off at half time. Not good enough in my opinion, not too much to ask for a united front on this is it?

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #566 on: Yesterday at 10:33:09 am »
Hi all. Just after a bit of counselling on something please. I'm a survivor and this date always is always challenging for me.
I watched the Palace match and received comfort as always with the mosaic and impeccable silence. Couldn't help but notice that several of our players were not wearing the black armbands though - Szoboszlai came off the bench not wearing one (surely he should have asked for one, surely SOMEBODY should have checked he was wearing one) and Salah and Konate seemed to have taken theirs off at half time. Not good enough in my opinion, not too much to ask for a united front on this is it?

Yeah, that's disappointing, a club our size should have someone making sure something as important as this is observed impeccably. As you say, not good enough.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #567 on: Yesterday at 10:35:56 am »

Strange from Dom. I actually saw him passing an armband to a sub that was about to go on. Perhaps they were just “runkled” up when on the field?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: Yesterday at 11:53:28 am »
Hillsborough disaster: Nottingham Forest consider installing memorial at City Ground

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68790535

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: Yesterday at 12:06:59 pm »
I Still can't talk about it after 35 years it's all bottled up inside still
I still have nightmares leading to sleepless nights /Flashbacks / Paranoia /
I breakdown every time I hear You'll never walk alone
I'll leave it there as it is even hard to type about it
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:27:20 pm by Boston Bosox »

Offline Craig67

• Main Stander
« Reply #570 on: Yesterday at 09:24:33 pm »
I Still can't talk about it after 35 years it's all bottled up inside still
I still have nightmares leading to sleepless nights /Flashbacks / Paranoia /
I breakdown every time I hear You'll never walk alone
I'll leave it there as it is even hard to type about it

I know there is not much I can say that will help, but it took until the publication of the HIP report for me to accept I needed to do something...... I guess I always knew, but it wasn't until the aftermath of the HIP report I accepted it. Eventually got to see a, I guess, psychologist or something like that.

I think most people on here realise how hard it is to verbally talk about things - even though played them through in your mind millions of times, actually saying them out load to someone else, was unbelievably difficult. You try and speak, but no sound comes out.

Anyway, sorry.... waffling here - I did find it helped after. I am not for a moment saying it makes everything go away, and there aren't still difficult times, and I don't know if it's right for everyone.... but if you haven't had that kind of help, it might be worth a try.

Really hope you find something that helps with this.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: Today at 08:08:27 am »
Thank You
L do have good days so grateful about that