Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317025 times)

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: The Conservative Party. Actually chillingly evil.
« Reply #6040 on: June 16, 2022, 07:29:29 pm »
Far from it. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Excellent. :thumbup

I agree with most of your points. My point about profits flowing offshore is based on local experience talking to a few others that have solar installed. They seemed to have rented their roofs to overseas , european companies. Mainly Spanish I think.

There were a lot of PV-for-free/rent-a-roof schemes once people cottoned on to the fact that the tariffs were grandfathered. As well as the sharks, a lot of community energy and social housing groups were able to use the FIT income to install panels on some of the crappiest homes. Tenants were usually given the solar energy for free while and the additional income which they used to improve energy efficiency etc - so not all of it went overseas. :)

I can't agree with your 40% figure though. I'm sure the tech has improved vastly since we had ours installed, but even then I'd be sceptical of 40% even if I lived in the SW with an South facing roof. I might entertain the idea if you were to let me store the electricity but that is pricey too.

I wouldn't contradict your own experience obviously, but the proportion of self-consumption can be quite sensitive to the amount of time that people are at home.

I have seen figures for several hundred homes different sizes and different orientations, where self-consumption was about 36% based on assumption that homes on average were occupied about half the day. This could be improved by load shifting/using timers to make the most of daytime generation while batteries remain uneconomic for most small generators. As the penetration of EVs increases over the coming years we can expect to see this percentage increase considerably.

Panel load factors are broadly the same at around 10-11% but capacities have increased. A standard panel today is about 250 W (compared to maybe 180-200 W 10 years ago) so a typical semi could host a 12 panel installation giving 3 kW. In Sheffield (geographical centre of the UK), an unshaded, south facing installation like this should generate about 2,700 kWh a year.

I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot , as this makes 10 year payback seem even less likely. So maybe FIT should have stayed longer. Or argubly have been much larger early on to draw more people away from being dependent on energy imports and , like you say, encouraging the infrastructure to improve.

The tariffs were designed to give a ROI of around 7% and were degressed as installation/panel costs came down. At the time there was considerable uncertainty about the technology and 7% was seen as a sensible hurdle rate. If the tariffs had been too high at the outset we could have fallen foul of competition laws and would have been overpaying on early installations today. Poor quality government modelling meant that degression announcements were generally handled very badly and caused havoc in the trade as people rushed to get in before the tariffs dropped. The disruption affected supply chains causing shortages of everything from inverters down to the clips and rails used for fixing.

Ironically the whole concept of replacing upfront grants with a system of tariffs was supposed to prevent this kind of 'boom and bustiness' which is so damaging to industry and makes long term investment decisions really difficult. 

I will add that in my opinion it would have been better to keep reducing the tariffs but to keep them in place for longer. I think the graph below sums up pretty well what has happened to domestic PV. The 2016 cliff edge is when tariffs were slashed by about 70% renderering most small installations uneconomic, while the spike in 2019 is the last gasp before FITS were were binned altogether. Earlier spikes correspond to degression announcements and changes which complicated the scheme. There are similar graphs for other measures like insulation mostly due to the inadequacy of energy policies from 'Green Crap' Cameron and Osborne.

I haven't done the sums yet but the current energy prices are expected to be with us for at least a couple of years and combined with the increase in homeworking the economic arguments for PV are probably shifting. Unfortunately as we drift into recession the reduction in disposable income is likely to hit 'non-essential' expenditure on projects like PV and energy efficiency.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:31:39 pm by Red Raw »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6041 on: June 16, 2022, 07:55:16 pm »

:)
Living in a crap 1 bedroom flat in a bad area and voting Republican as they are on the side of people who get rich so they can carry on dreaming.
Am sure there's a lot of truth in that but I think the majority never stop to question the Republican scare storys, many are just selfish bas,,
Watched a Republican Obama care protest over 10yrs ago, interviewing protesters, some of their views are shocking. one woman in particular was scary  "If people want health care then they should pay for it themselves. am not having any god dam commie stealing money from my pay packet"
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6042 on: June 16, 2022, 09:41:25 pm »
:)
Living in a crap 1 bedroom flat in a bad area and voting Republican as they are on the side of people who get rich so they can carry on dreaming.
Am sure there's a lot of truth in that but I think the majority never stop to question the Republican scare storys, many are just selfish bas,,
Watched a Republican Obama care protest over 10yrs ago, interviewing protesters, some of their views are shocking. one woman in particular was scary  "If people want health care then they should pay for it themselves. am not having any god dam commie stealing money from my pay packet"
The US does go in a different direction to any other nation with which they might be reasonably compared. You are probably familiar with the phrase 'American Exceptionalism'. In regular usage, it is generally meant to indicate 'better' than any other nation. But, when originally coined (by a Frenchman), it was meant to convey that America operated 'differently' to other nations; that it is structurally and culturally distinct. I think this is correct - it is different in many ways, including a heightened culture of individualism (and self-reliance) when compared to other Western nations. I don't agree with the philosophy, but I understand it and even can appreciate its appeal. But this hyper-individualism is at odds with the regularly espoused views - very often by the same people - of 'Christian values'. But - speaking as an ex-Catholic - it is surely inevitable that hyper-individualism generally leads to a lack of humanity and is surely antithetical to Christian core doctrine. People - everywhere - are so wedded to their (micro-)culture, even when it is contradictory and makes absolutely no sense.

Having said all that, I think things are changing there. I think this generation of younger people are looking towsards a more collective nation. I think! Assuming the lunatics are prevented from turning the nation into dictatorship in the nearer future, I have to believe things there will get better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

I am rambling and probably talking a load of bollocks. I am not even drunk. Consume with a pinch of salt.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6043 on: June 16, 2022, 11:08:51 pm »
The US does go in a different direction to any other nation with which they might be reasonably compared. You are probably familiar with the phrase 'American Exceptionalism'. In regular usage, it is generally meant to indicate 'better' than any other nation. But, when originally coined (by a Frenchman), it was meant to convey that America operated 'differently' to other nations; that it is structurally and culturally distinct. I think this is correct - it is different in many ways, including a heightened culture of individualism (and self-reliance) when compared to other Western nations. I don't agree with the philosophy, but I understand it and even can appreciate its appeal. But this hyper-individualism is at odds with the regularly espoused views - very often by the same people - of 'Christian values'. But - speaking as an ex-Catholic - it is surely inevitable that hyper-individualism generally leads to a lack of humanity and is surely antithetical to Christian core doctrine. People - everywhere - are so wedded to their (micro-)culture, even when it is contradictory and makes absolutely no sense.

Having said all that, I think things are changing there. I think this generation of younger people are looking towsards a more collective nation. I think! Assuming the lunatics are prevented from turning the nation into dictatorship in the nearer future, I have to believe things there will get better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_exceptionalism

I am rambling and probably talking a load of bollocks. I am not even drunk. Consume with a pinch of salt.
Am sure your right. if you went by polling on different issues then the US would have more stricter gun laws and a caring Welfare service and NHS type health service but other issues come into play when elections are held . from the VOX pops ive seen the situation in the US is similar to the UK, many Republican voters know  sod all about the people they vote for as they all live in their bubble getting their bias confirmation news off Fox news etc etc. all been covered, from Trump to Qanon CTs.
It's going to be a big few yrs for the US. the bookies seem to think the Republicans will gain control of the House and the Senate over the next few yrs.
I had given up on justice for Jan 6th riots. todays news from the Jan6th Committee seemed far more positive. hopefully scares the crap out of many Republicans including Trump.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6044 on: June 17, 2022, 11:15:48 am »
Starmer is preparing to axe Labour’s commitment to scrapping tuition fees, according to the FT: https://ft.com/content/44df4156-c035-4b0f-b576-b79fdd13b23c

Scrapping tuition fees was another one of Keir Starmer’s pledges when running for the Labour leadership.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1537721912062771200

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6046 on: June 17, 2022, 11:49:05 am »
Didn't even know there were any pledges left intact to break to be honest.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6047 on: June 17, 2022, 12:01:51 pm »
He needs to lower the interest rate then.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6048 on: June 17, 2022, 12:08:44 pm »
I will add that in my opinion it would have been better to keep reducing the tariffs but to keep them in place for longer. I think the graph below sums up pretty well what has happened to domestic PV. The 2016 cliff edge is when tariffs were slashed by about 70% renderering most small installations uneconomic, while the spike in 2019 is the last gasp before FITS were were binned altogether. Earlier spikes correspond to degression announcements and changes which complicated the scheme. There are similar graphs for other measures like insulation mostly due to the inadequacy of energy policies from 'Green Crap' Cameron and Osborne.

I haven't done the sums yet but the current energy prices are expected to be with us for at least a couple of years and combined with the increase in homeworking the economic arguments for PV are probably shifting. Unfortunately as we drift into recession the reduction in disposable income is likely to hit 'non-essential' expenditure on projects like PV and energy efficiency.

I think I am misunderstanding your 40% . Are you saying 40% of solar electricity (can) be used by the householder. OR that the solar provides 40% of the electric needed.  The first figure seems reasonable.
The second is badly skewed for us as we have an electric car too :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6049 on: June 17, 2022, 12:25:07 pm »
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1537721912062771200

"The creatures outside looked from Tory to Labour, and from Labour to Tory, and from Tory to Labour again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #6050 on: June 17, 2022, 12:27:10 pm »

"The creatures outside looked from Tory to Labour, and from Labour to Tory, and from Tory to Labour again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

If I wanted to spend money in this country axing tuition fees wouldn't be close to the top of the list, to be honest if I wanted to spend the money on education generally it wouldn't be top of the list.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6051 on: June 17, 2022, 12:31:56 pm »
If I wanted to spend money in this country axing tuition fees wouldn't be close to the top of the list, to be honest if I wanted to spend the money on education generally it wouldn't be top of the list.

It's just another step toward apeing Tory policy, though, on the major/radical topics.

All we need now is a pledge to stick to Tory tax and spending budgets for the first three years of any Labour government...
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6052 on: June 17, 2022, 12:39:52 pm »

It's just another step toward apeing Tory policy, though, on the major/radical topics.

All we need now is a pledge to stick to Tory tax and spending budgets for the first three years of any Labour government...

I'm not sure it is a major topic, I would like to see lower interest rates on student debt and more assistance for those from poorer backgrounds and those who go on to work in public services after their degree. But universal free university education is largely a bung to the middle classes. Would rather spend on early years education/collapsing NHS/ social care/ etc etc.

Right now we have escalating taxes and shitty public services through underfunding, its only going to get worse with an aging population, you need to pick your priorities.

Just my opinion and I know its not a popular one on here!

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6053 on: June 17, 2022, 12:42:16 pm »

oooh, a literary reference I get :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6054 on: June 17, 2022, 12:45:41 pm »
I'm not sure it is a major topic, I would like to see lower interest rates on student debt and more assistance for those from poorer backgrounds and those who go on to work in public services after their degree. But universal free university education is largely a bung to the middle classes. Would rather spend on early years education/collapsing NHS/ social care/ etc etc.

Right now we have escalating taxes and shitty public services through underfunding, its only going to get worse with an aging population, you need to pick your priorities.

It may not the number one priority topic but it's certainly one of huge symbolic importance. The Lib Dems still haven't recovered from breaking their pledge on tuition fees. Don't agree that it should be either/or as well.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6055 on: June 17, 2022, 12:45:54 pm »

I was thinking the other day. We are going to have to accept our "standard of living" falling. Essentially less money in our pocket , mostly as a consequence of global events, in a way that no party can fully shield us.
Is now the right time to look at what constitutes "standard of living"? Better to have clean air, ambulances that people don't die waiting for, good basic education for all, public service employees that feel valued. Or do we continue down the path where a new car every three years, a skiing trip and the latest iphone are what makes us happy.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6056 on: June 17, 2022, 12:47:53 pm »

Brexit has wrecked the economy, the pound is tanking and the Tories have stolen all the public money for their mates.
Its only going to get worse between now and any election as Johnson ramps up his criminal behaviour.
Labour are going to have a real shit show to fix if they get into power. Student loans won't be top of the agenda.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6057 on: June 17, 2022, 12:53:17 pm »
If I were Labour, my priority would be to figure out how to grab a major slice of the money and assets hidden through the 'UK Financial Spiders Web' in places like Cayman, Virgin Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Belize, etc.

A punitive 'windfall tax' - ideally around 50% - on all assets, in lieu of all the tax dodged over the years would theoretically raise Łhundreds of billions.

Finding a way to do so would be the tricky part  8)

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6058 on: June 17, 2022, 12:55:05 pm »

I agree with plenty of that but current Labour never actually outline what they want to do about this or any other issue, so it's left to the imagination of the individual as to what it is they're standing for (whatever the focus groups tell them, if I'm being cynical) - it's just a load of vague nothingess, plus past policies and possibilities being taken off the table as being unattainable/impossible/can't be arsed mate.

At some stage they'll have to show what they're actually for rather than coasting on the "I'm not Corbyn (even though I pretended to be to win my job)" angle.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6059 on: June 17, 2022, 12:57:25 pm »
If I were Labour, my priority would be to figure out how to grab a major slice of the money and assets hidden through the 'UK Financial Spiders Web' in places like Cayman, Virgin Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, Belize, etc.

A punitive 'windfall tax' - ideally around 50% - on all assets, in lieu of all the tax dodged over the years would theoretically raise Łhundreds of billions.

Start by saying we are going after russian assets. And just see what's discovered en route. I suspect though it will be moved out of reach before we even get close ☹️

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6060 on: June 17, 2022, 01:06:51 pm »

Starmer (or any leader) would have an unfortunate accident, possibly auto-erotic based, if he ever proposed and got near to pulling that off.
That money is worth trillions to the kind of people who don't give anything away.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6061 on: June 17, 2022, 01:06:56 pm »
I agree with plenty of that but current Labour never actually outline what they want to do about this or any other issue, so it's left to the imagination of the individual as to what it is they're standing for (whatever the focus groups tell them, if I'm being cynical) - it's just a load of vague nothingess, plus past policies and possibilities being taken off the table as being unattainable/impossible/can't be arsed mate.

At some stage they'll have to show what they're actually for rather than coasting on the "I'm not Corbyn (even though I pretended to be to win my job)" angle.

I would imagine all we will see is pretty soundbites anytime soon, I doubt anything will be fleshed out too strongly pre manifesto, to stop the Tories nicking anything half decent and passing off as their own, but I totally agree they need a better more compelling narrative, they have struggled with that for a long time though.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6062 on: June 17, 2022, 02:05:20 pm »
Something's happening with Boris. He's just canceled an appearance at a "Red Wall" conference with Northern Tories at the last minute. Apparently, we're going to find out why in the next couple of hours.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6063 on: June 17, 2022, 02:06:53 pm »
Something's happening with Boris. He's just canceled an appearance at a "Red Wall" conference with Northern Tories at the last minute. Apparently, we're going to find out why in the next couple of hours.
Probably a Pimm's party at #10

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6064 on: June 17, 2022, 02:31:36 pm »
Probably a Pimm's party at #10

More likely he’s announcing appointing himself as the new Ethics adviser. Cuts out the middle man.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6065 on: June 17, 2022, 02:39:25 pm »
More likely he’s announcing appointing himself as the new Ethics adviser. Cuts out the middle man.
;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6066 on: June 17, 2022, 03:03:24 pm »

Probably trying to abolish ever having elections

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6067 on: June 17, 2022, 03:05:26 pm »
Maybe he's dead

:scarf

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6068 on: June 17, 2022, 03:17:25 pm »

It's his birthday on Sunday, probably off on a short break to the Med.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6069 on: June 17, 2022, 03:40:17 pm »
It's his birthday on Sunday, probably off on a short break to the Med.

He's gone to Kiev, probably on instruction from his Russian backers to try and convince Ukraine not to join the EU.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6070 on: June 17, 2022, 03:51:06 pm »

Anthony McGrath has some experience as an Ethics adviser.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6071 on: June 17, 2022, 04:21:34 pm »
One Tory MP at the Northern Research Group conference - where Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson failed to turn up - utterly furious

Says they were being told Johnson “was on the train to Doncaster” this morning

“This is the first test of outreach to his colleagues and he’s failed it”, they said

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1537812897866436608

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6072 on: June 17, 2022, 04:42:56 pm »
A cynical stunt as he thinks Ukraine is a prime positive for his own image, whereas a visit to the crumbling red wall would play out badly for him.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6073 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:03 pm »
Probably going to burn a few fifty pound notes in front of Zelensky to cheer Putin up.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6074 on: June 17, 2022, 04:50:32 pm »
The fat, corrupt, lying c*nt just preferred a photo op in Ukraine, to having to talk with northern oiks.

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6075 on: June 17, 2022, 05:11:28 pm »

Yep.

Axing tuition fees is probably one of the least progressive things you could do in the short term. It's putting a phenomenal amount of money towards people who've been well served by the school system and who will only ever pay it back if they have high graduate outcomes.

The actual progressive move would be to increase the repayment threshold (so mid income grads don't start paying it off until they're on a decent salary).

Always worth remembering aswell that the majority of young people still don't go to University - and for a lot of those students their path is very clearly set before they've stepped foot in a primary school.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #6076 on: June 17, 2022, 05:11:54 pm »
I think I am misunderstanding your 40% . Are you saying 40% of solar electricity (can) be used by the householder. OR that the solar provides 40% of the electric needed.  The first figure seems reasonable.
The second is badly skewed for us as we have an electric car too :)
Yes, apologies if I typed it out wrong, ~40% is a reasonable estimate for the proportion of self-consumption for a typical roof mounted array. Gov used to work on a figure of 50% because it was cheaper than forcing everyone to get a separate export meter.

With an EV though (if you can charge at home) you should be quids in! :)

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6077 on: June 17, 2022, 05:12:34 pm »
The fat, corrupt, lying c*nt just preferred a photo op in Ukraine, to having to talk with northern oiks.

The way he's using Ukraine is gross.

I mean as a positive - every time he fucks up he decides to give more money/aid/support to them - which is good I guess, but it's fucking gross.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6078 on: June 17, 2022, 05:17:49 pm »
European leaders were in Ukraine this week so Boris can’t appear to be on the outside looking in, so who cares about ‘levelling up’.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6079 on: June 17, 2022, 05:26:55 pm »
Missed this last week so apols if posted. Billions up in smoke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61749657