Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 65252 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #120 on: August 5, 2019, 07:55:07 pm »
Sunday 7pm is no good for me for the draft, i'm not at home & busy elsewhere then, & i hate auto picking. :(
#Sausages

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #121 on: August 5, 2019, 07:55:48 pm »
You'll set your own picks either during the live draft or before and then the system will select for you based on who is available and based on your list if you're not able to be there live.

Ok so it's not like the RAWK draft where we're waiting for people to pick...

Cool cool

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 5, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
Ok so it's not like the RAWK draft where we're waiting for people to pick...

Cool cool

No it's a window on the site, picks happen in real time with a 60 second limit.

Can everyone post their timezone and Defacto edit it into the signup post? I'm MDT (UK -7 hours), we can take all this into consideration when drawing up leagues (I'm with Gerry though).
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 5, 2019, 08:10:03 pm »
I can always change it, but we need to come to an agreement on what time suits most of us. I'm flexible that day so I don't mind changing it.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #124 on: August 5, 2019, 08:18:34 pm »
Could we not do a RAWK style off line draft?

Just an idea but has some positives.

We’ve got a few weeks before the season starts and it would save auto picks.

Then it suits everyone’s time zone too and someone would just have to enter the teams in.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 5, 2019, 08:42:52 pm »
Could we not do a RAWK style off line draft?

Just an idea but has some positives.

We’ve got a few weeks before the season starts and it would save auto picks.

Then it suits everyone’s time zone too and someone would just have to enter the teams in.

I'm open to it, if the majority are, I have no idea how it's done as I've never done an offline draft via NFL. So will need guidance in terms how to set it up properly

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 5, 2019, 08:44:42 pm »
A RAWK version would take 18 months to do!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 5, 2019, 09:11:34 pm »
A RAWK version would take 18 months to do!

It’s only 150 picks which is shorter than the usual 16 team draft that normally takes a couple of weeks.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: August 5, 2019, 09:39:34 pm »
It's up to the masses.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 5, 2019, 09:42:51 pm »
I'm against it, sorry it would be far far far too much research into a subject I know very little about.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 5, 2019, 09:46:21 pm »
I'm against it, sorry it would be far far far too much research into a subject I know very little about.

You’re going to have to make the picks anyway you know? Just gives everyone longer than a minute.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 5, 2019, 09:52:34 pm »
You’re going to have to make the picks anyway you know? Just gives everyone longer than a minute.

That's why if you do the pre-rankings you already have an idea who you are targeting.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #132 on: August 5, 2019, 10:04:04 pm »

I second (week) that emotion!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 5, 2019, 10:22:20 pm »
That's why if you do the pre-rankings you already have an idea who you are targeting.

Oh don’t worry I know fully well who I’m targeting each round. Wasn’t to help me as such, just seemed a good solution to time zone issues / trying to get enough people online at once.

Also how do we assign draft order?
« Last Edit: August 5, 2019, 10:26:33 pm by mikey_LFC »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 5, 2019, 10:32:57 pm »
Oh don’t worry I know fully well who I’m targeting each round. Wasn’t to help me as such, just seemed a good solution to time zone issues / trying to get enough people online at once.

Also how do we assign draft order?

It's mostly randomized by the NFL website, although the built in FuckClaus software seemed to be working last year.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 5, 2019, 10:41:22 pm »
It's randomized by the website 30 minutes before the draft goes live. Its impossible to accommodate everyone time wise but everyone is open to let me know what is the best time and we'll work something around that time

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 5, 2019, 10:44:03 pm »
It's randomized by the website 30 minutes before the draft goes live. Its impossible to accommodate everyone time wise but everyone is open to let me know what is the best time and we'll work something around that time

On UK time but got a busy couple of weeks so I’ll fit around whenever anyone else can do it

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #137 on: August 6, 2019, 12:51:38 am »
I took last spot in league 1

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 6, 2019, 01:11:55 am »
2 questions at the mo fella's

1. What is PPR?  (apart from my initials)

2. What is/are keepers?

Edit: forget it I googled both terms and I'm cool  :wave
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 01:22:12 am by Buck Pete »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 6, 2019, 01:12:55 am »

Oh right, it's already been sorted?

Who you got in there?

Who is in league 2 with me?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 6, 2019, 01:28:52 am »

No you didn't  ;D

There are still 4 spots left
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 01:36:16 am by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 6, 2019, 01:29:44 am »
Oh right, it's already been sorted?

Who you got in there?

Who is in league 2 with me?

League 2 is not up yet,

but there are still 4 spots in league 1

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin?leagueId=7630021
League ID: 7630021
League Password: anfield
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 01:36:26 am by deFacto »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 6, 2019, 02:01:33 am »
2 questions at the mo fella's

1. What is PPR?  (apart from my initials)

2. What is/are keepers?

Edit: forget it I googled both terms and I'm cool  :wave

Answer #1

PPR is an acronym used in fantasy football that means points per reception. It refers to a league that gives points or half-points to players for each reception they make. PPR leagues have become more popular as FF owners look more intriguing and fun ways for players to score points.

Answer #2

Keeper leagues refer to a league that is set up for a longer term competition.  For example, if one of our 10 in the promoted league wins the league, they may want to keep up to 3 players for the following year draft.  In this case, it might be the drafters top QB, RB, WR.  So these three players would not be eligible for the next year's draft.  They are called keeper leagues.

Since this is the second year of this league, typically they are done with people who always commit, where the numbers are the same, and the drafting is a huge interest ---- i.e. they follow college and high school football and want to draft for the future etc.  Not something, that most leagues do in the first few years

Hope this helps!

Edit: Nevermind, I read your full post :)

Trend
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 6, 2019, 02:22:47 am »
Cheers Anyway Trend. :)

Ok I've dived into league A but if anyone wants to swap at a later date so they can renew rivalries with mates etc just let me know.

3 spots left

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 6, 2019, 03:33:47 am »

Ok I've dived into league A but if anyone wants to swap at a later date so they can renew rivalries with mates etc just let me know.

3 spots left

The Men!!! :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #145 on: August 6, 2019, 08:12:26 am »

3 spots left

I just joined, then realised i said i could set up the second league.

Numpty.

Shall i leave?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 6, 2019, 11:46:01 am »
I just joined, then realised i said i could set up the second league.

Numpty.

Shall i leave?

No worries Claus will set up the other league

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #147 on: August 6, 2019, 11:57:11 am »
Bugger! Been planning to join this competition for a few days now, only to manage to come here and see there are no longer any available spots  ;D

As a result, I pledge all of my support to Chakan, since he is (apparently) the only other guy supporting Panthers  ;)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 6, 2019, 12:32:02 pm »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 6, 2019, 12:38:37 pm »
https://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/football/mock-draft-simulator/

Give this a go. You can pick your settings and try out drafting quickly to get the hang of it. Plus you get a grade at the end to see how you improve, and see how other teams graded too so you can see what they did that you can learn from.

Just having a go at this lads.

Are we having a snake draft?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 6, 2019, 12:40:22 pm »
Just having a go at this lads.

Are we having a snake draft?

Yeah

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #151 on: August 6, 2019, 12:42:20 pm »
Joined the league, what's next?

Edit - Just seen the draft is scheduled for Sunday night when I'll be on a flight so I might be wasting a spot for someone else
« Last Edit: August 6, 2019, 12:44:51 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 6, 2019, 12:47:56 pm »
Guys can I suggest people change their display name (not team name) to their RAWK username so we know who has which team

Some team names make it obvious who they belong to (ChakAttack) but others don't (Miami Scousers)

No biggie just a thought :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 6, 2019, 12:50:48 pm »
Lads the draft doesn't have to be sunday, we can change it, that's just something I put down,we have plenty of time before the season starts, we just need to find what is the best day for most of you.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 6, 2019, 12:55:21 pm »
Bugger! Been planning to join this competition for a few days now, only to manage to come here and see there are no longer any available spots  ;D

As a result, I pledge all of my support to Chakan, since he is (apparently) the only other guy supporting Panthers  ;)

I feel bad taking someones spot. If you want to join mate I don't mind giving up a spot.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 6, 2019, 12:59:24 pm »
I feel bad taking someones spot. If you want to join mate I don't mind giving up a spot.

Me as well Jetmir.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 6, 2019, 12:59:33 pm »
Group A is filled, so Claus when you get a chance please make Group B :)

Also everyone please let me know what is the best day that suits you for the draft.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 6, 2019, 01:00:22 pm »
Just playing with a mock draft and I see that the overall round 1 expert pick suggestions are made up entirely of RB and WR with a few TE thrown in

Please forgive my ignorance but i take it these positions are usually the biggest FF scorers?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 6, 2019, 01:27:05 pm »
Group A is filled, so Claus when you get a chance please make Group B :)

Also everyone please let me know what is the best day that suits you for the draft.

Can you guys (or one of you) already in please write "GROUP A" next to your name on this list? Just helps keep track to make sure we don't accidentally mess up, or miss anyone out when making B.

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
5 - DeFacto GROUP A
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
10 - Buck Pete
11 - Trend
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 6, 2019, 01:37:54 pm »
Can you guys (or one of you) already in please write "GROUP A" next to your name on this list? Just helps keep track to make sure we don't accidentally mess up, or miss anyone out when making B.

1 - KillieRed
2 - Gerry Attrick
3 - mikey_lfc
4 - Claus
5 - DeFacto GROUP A
6 - Classycarra
7 - mc red 22
8 - red viper
9 - statto red
10 - Buck Pete
11 - Trend (GROUP A - TIND TO WIN)
12 - MR F
13 - Stoa
14 - God's left boot
15 - Rob K
16 - LFC 1981
17 -  Conchis
18 - Jedimaster
19 - Wayne38941
20 - Chakan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: