Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Mogg will be my Portillo moment, watching that odeious stuck up nanny's boy get the boot will be pure joy
It's possible if people vote tactically. add Reform and it could happen. will be brilliant watching his face when the results announced.
I wont be that disappointed because again I really dont know what I am getting with Amorim and I am amazed people have been so invested in him. At least Alonso, who has his own issues, has done it in a league that we know somewhat.

The only manager I would be pissed off with is Nagelsman because on top of being an average manager, he is a prized twat as well. After that, is a collection of meh.

I think we all agree that the Managerial market isn’t the strongest right now but if rumours of Xabi being our first choice followed by Amorim then there are obviously reasons for that.

If neither choose to come here then you’re probably onto De Zerbi etc.

It’s very difficult to say how someone like Amorim would fare here but it’s right to say he’s done a very good job at his current club against two teams who historically have been better then them.

We’re taking a huge gamble whoever comes in but it would be good to at least get someone in with a title under their belt.
I'm certainly not going to defend privatising water as I think I pointed out my view on the absurdity a few months ago. But we can't necessarily say nationalised industry is good either. The NHS and education are in dire need of investment and they are government run.
Yep, the old choose in the box option.

I see why Amorim excites people. Lisbon is a hot house of football and it is impressive that he got Sporting to win the league. But his achievements end there and whilst he is challenging this season, seeing Porto barely get a kick in two games against Arsenal I question the quality of his rivals.

Maybe he is the one, maybe he isn't. I've frankly always been quite tempered by him because his performance in Europe wasn't brilliant and Portugal is Portugal frankly. But the other choices are bad.

I think the most apt comparison to me is Ten Hag - you can look as impressive and dominant in a league like Holland or Portugal, and then when you come up to the top leagues it shows you where you really stand, and it may be below the exciting expectation
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Larry Lloyd dies aged 75
« Last post by kesey on Today at 10:07:15 pm »
He certainly did , macmanaman is the only other one I can think off
Shouldnt think it’s a long list but there are a few. Xabi, Mascherano & Suarez, as good as they were for us they won more elsewhere

But for that time and at a club like Forest he achieved a lot.

I did think of Stevie Mac and knew there would be more . I think Duvvas last comment is what I was on about .
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by Garlic Red on Today at 10:06:56 pm »
Read our history mate.

His hero was Lombardi.

For me, the 4 Liverpool players that had the worst injury luck were, Rob Jones, Jamie Redknapp, Jari, and Thiago.

Only 3 of them played hurt and were constantly begging to be sent back in.

Are you suggesting Thiago hasn’t played with an injury or tried to?

He’s had hip surgery, have a read about the effects of that on some athletes and realise how bizarre you sound. He played through the injury last season and it was decided surgery would help him become available this season. It obviously hasn’t happened. We owe it to the player to aid him in his recovery because he’s got the injury playing for this club and we aren’t being run by Mike Ashley.
They are only 4 points worse off than they were at this stage last season and this is while dealing with Europe and injuries.

Yeah he's weirdly underrated in here, not that I'm massively keen but where the hell do people think Brighton should be if 8th is him doing awful and under pressure?! They've been ravaged by injury, fucked up replacing their midfield and had Europe, 8th is really good I'd say.
I think if you’re one of the players, Klopp being replaced by a manager with some pedigree in the game (such as Alonso) softens the blow, but to see him replaced by De Zerbi or Amorim… not sure it makes the contract offers any more convincing.
I don’t like De Zerbis head.
They are only 4 points worse off than they were at this stage last season and this is while dealing with Europe and injuries.

He was midtable then and he is midtable now

And he got embarrassed in Europe. No problem losing to Roma but 5-0, that's a massive red flag as a manager.

Feels like a Rodgers - he will play one way, and if it doesn't work you need to play it better or lose. We'll win nothing like that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10