Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 878667 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #12880 on: September 24, 2017, 10:24:32 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/momentum-labour-conference-brexit-motions-priority-ballot-fix-claim_uk_59c7602de4b01cc57ff2b51a?ir=UK+Politics&utm_hp_ref=uk-politics

The dangerous side of the Momentum app. Delegates should represent the wishes of their CLP, not the shadowy controllers of the app. Innovative apps are useful for campaigning. Instructing how to vote at conference is sinister.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12881 on: September 24, 2017, 10:27:39 am »
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/momentum-labour-conference-brexit-motions-priority-ballot-fix-claim_uk_59c7602de4b01cc57ff2b51a?ir=UK+Politics&utm_hp_ref=uk-politics

The dangerous side of the Momentum app. Delegates should represent the wishes of their CLP, not the shadowy controllers of the app. Innovative apps are useful for campaigning. Instructing how to vote at conference is sinister.
i could tolerate the likes of momentum if they were not about saving one persons arse all the time

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #12882 on: September 24, 2017, 10:31:00 am »
Who elects Momentum's leaders?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12883 on: September 24, 2017, 12:35:53 pm »

The undemocratic Labour Party.

It is really disgusting!  I hope people ignore it and vote for Brexit anyway.

I am truly appalled by the current state of the "opposition."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:40:09 pm by Red-Soldier »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12884 on: September 24, 2017, 01:29:41 pm »

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #12885 on: September 24, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #12886 on: September 24, 2017, 01:44:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/911928641814241282

Oh dear.

The new more democratic Labour party. All dissenting opinion is ignored or silenced.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12887 on: September 24, 2017, 01:46:13 pm »
Sorry, your point is? Guardian is a liberal paper.

How does that make it like the Sun newspaper?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12888 on: September 24, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »
The new more democratic Labour party. All dissenting opinion is ignored or silenced.

Shouldn't we at least know who this "Labour member" was before we write off the entire party?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12889 on: September 24, 2017, 01:51:21 pm »
How does that make it like the Sun newspaper?
I was thinking if your a Labour voter on the left you may well want to avoid it. I personally like it, but more for the comment section, as many of the commentors seem better informed  than the journalists.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #12890 on: September 24, 2017, 01:56:26 pm »
Nobody agrees with all of the pieces in the Guardian. That is the point.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12891 on: September 24, 2017, 03:04:00 pm »
I was thinking if your a Labour voter on the left you may well want to avoid it. I personally like it, but more for the comment section, as many of the commentors seem better informed  than the journalists.

I understand that many people on the Left - especially younger people - feel threatened or insecure when they come up against ideas they don't share or facts which challenge them. But, still, to compare the Guardian to the Sun seems very strange. It's almost as if the tweeter didn't understand the reason why Liverpool has boycotted the latter. 

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12892 on: September 24, 2017, 03:05:16 pm »
https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/911928641814241282

Oh dear.

Pretty gross equivalence to draw, painful in ignorance and lack of perspective, though unsurprising to hear given the fear of dissenting voices and the irrationality of so many of these momentum types.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12893 on: September 24, 2017, 03:12:05 pm »
Who elects Momentum's leaders?

So far as I know, these guys do battle reenactments recreationally. Lansman holds it now, but he could face a challenge. During a challenge one person dresses up as Trosky and the other as Stalin, usually chosen based on preference for which one of them look hotter in a uniform. They can bring one prop weapon, usually a sickle or an icepick, and whoever does the best job bigging up their fave, while simultaneously play fighting and fitting in real quotes, wins the day. Winner enjoys the privilege of talking to the weirdly subservient Momentum members

Might be wrong though

Offline Pensby

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Pub
« Reply #12894 on: September 24, 2017, 04:28:19 pm »
Labour Plans To End Period Poverty With Free Sanitary Products In Schools And Foodbanks
The party wants to do more to ‘empower women’.

Labour will end period poverty if it gets into power by handing out free sanitary products in schools, foodbanks and homeless shelters.

The party says it wants all women, regardless of age, social status or background, to be able to easily access the hygiene products they need.

Shadow women and equalities minister Dawn Butler will unveil the policy at Labour Women’s Conference in Brighton this Saturday.

She told HufffPost UK: “We are going to be announcing the Period Poverty Campaign.  We will be going through all the finer details, but the objective is to end period poverty in our lifetime. We will have a consultation to look at the number of ways we can work on making it a reality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-plans-to-end-period-poverty-with-free-sanitary-products-in-schools-and-foodbanks_uk_59c3f9ede4b06f93538d36cd
Oh ffs, is this now the new standard of political debate? This is, to me, purely a human decency issue (sorry), basic sanitary protection should be a free human right and provided as such. How any party could argue against this is beyond me.

It all just shows what political dwarves we have that now walk amongst us, this should be a given, we have far more to worry about
...if I have to explain, then you'll never understand...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12895 on: September 24, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »
So the momentum lot won and there’s no debate on Brexit at the conference, great work momentum you gang of thundercunts

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12896 on: September 24, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »
So the momentum lot won and there’s no debate on Brexit at the conference, great work momentum you gang of thundercunts

There is a debate about Brexit tomorrow morning but no vote.

The 8 policies being debated and voted on are housing, social care, the NHS, rail services, workers’ rights, investment and growth, public sector pay and the Grenfell Tower disaster.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:03:26 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12897 on: September 24, 2017, 06:01:45 pm »

What are the votes about and what exactly are they voting for?

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #12898 on: September 24, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »

Remember the unions also choose 4 and they didn't pick Brexit.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12899 on: September 24, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »
What? None of this will be forgotten when Brexit goes wrong.
Nick Clegg said something simple but true. "you cant end Austerity if you don't end Brexit."
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12900 on: September 24, 2017, 06:16:21 pm »
so the unions are c*nts just like momentum, my choice of not joining a union is totally justified

And dickhead Ed’s union auto enrolment is another dumb thing from this shitshow

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #12901 on: September 24, 2017, 06:16:52 pm »
I love that there was a claim that Momentum was choosing topics that people really care about, yes because there is so much more interest in Rail by the general public than there is in the ongoing Brexit shitstorm.

Good to see that so many check in any of their own opinions when they join Momentum.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12902 on: September 24, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »

The 8 policies being debated and voted on are housing, social care, the NHS, rail services, workers’ rights, investment and growth, public sector pay and the Grenfell Tower disaster.
grenfell can come under housing and zero need for rail services to be discussed

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12903 on: September 24, 2017, 06:23:37 pm »
Probably don't want to embarress Corbyn and co in their pro brexshit views. Weird there's going to be no votes on brexshit. Still it's not like it's the most important issue hte country has faced since the second world war, why vote on it?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12904 on: September 24, 2017, 06:24:22 pm »

There's a vote on the Greenfell fire? Why?

Great work from Momentum, helping the Lexit their messiah (and their millionaire owner) fancies. Yay for spoiling! Holding discussions and votes on disasters still under investigation, but not on the biggest constitutional and economic crisis in generations

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12905 on: September 24, 2017, 06:25:44 pm »
There's a vote on the Greenfell fire? Why?
they can get all high and mighty blaming Tory scum and centrist dads for that one

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12906 on: September 24, 2017, 06:29:47 pm »
they can get all high and mighty blaming Tory scum and centrist dads for that one
How can one be such an unthinking peon that they imagine shutting down discussions and votes on Brexit is good for the party. Especially when their cheerleaders pay lip service (lie) about democracy in the party

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #12907 on: September 24, 2017, 06:30:47 pm »

Disgraceful decision. When will somebody have the fucking balls to actually stand up to the gang of Tory c*nts?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #12908 on: September 24, 2017, 06:34:19 pm »

Well, it's just a minor issue. Not something that's going to dominate British politics for the next decade.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12909 on: September 24, 2017, 06:44:02 pm »
The Labour party is 'managed' by the current leadership every bit as much as it was under Blair. 'Tricky' subjects like Brexit, which if aired might cause dissent, are shoved to one side. Corbyn will be pleased. So will May. So will Farrage. Meanwhile the 48% (and growing) is not represented again.

I live in hope that eventually there's an almighty backlash against the political class.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12910 on: September 24, 2017, 06:45:02 pm »
Well, it's just a minor issue. Not something that's going to dominate British politics for the next decade.
Brexit is the biggest issue by far, it's going to cause a lot of damage to this country, so why do Corbyns supporters want to stop any debate on Brexit, they know Corbyn has other priorities.
Brexit will bring down any government who supports it, Brexit will cause a lot of bitterness when things go wrong.
May will be forced to resign and the fallout will destroy Corbyns chances of taking power as he supported this Brexit.
Any speeches on ending Austerity and poverty are just to win over the mugs, he's shown his priorities and ending poverty is not high up on his list.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12911 on: September 24, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »
Richard Burgon: "If you think the smears in the media have been bad you ain't seen nothing yet"

Good to see this man has a platform to spout the products of his rectum this week, from a morning star fringe event as well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:09:23 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12912 on: September 24, 2017, 07:15:20 pm »
Richard Burgon: "If you think the smears in the media have been bad you ain't seen nothing yet"

Good to see this man has a platform to spout the products of his rectum this week, from a morning star fringe event as well.

What is he referring to? More attacks on Corbyn?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12913 on: September 24, 2017, 07:15:58 pm »
Brexit is the biggest issue by far, it's going to cause a lot of damage to this country, so why do Corbyns supporters want to stop any debate on Brexit, they know Corbyn has other priorities.
Brexit will bring down any government who supports it, Brexit will cause a lot of bitterness when things go wrong.
May will be forced to resign and the fallout will destroy Corbyns chances of taking power as he supported this Brexit.
Any speeches on ending Austerity and poverty are just to win over the mugs, he's shown his priorities and ending poverty is not high up on his list.

Who would be the alternative?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12914 on: September 24, 2017, 07:22:06 pm »
Fucking insanity
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12915 on: September 24, 2017, 07:22:37 pm »

Well.. it's an improvement on comparing Corbyn to Martin Luther King, which he did last year on one of the rare occasions he removed his tongue from Corbyn's arse

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12916 on: September 24, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »
Well.. it's an improvement on comparing Corbyn to Martin Luther King, which he did last year on one of the rare occasions he removed his tongue from Corbyn's arse
haha, not as bad as fat lens Gandhi and Mandela comments

What is he referring to? More attacks on Corbyn?
yup, plays well amongst the morning star lot that

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12917 on: September 24, 2017, 07:33:25 pm »
No one seems interested in properly developing Brexit policy.  Tomorrow they are discussing the policy..  but the policy that was discussed at the last conference that is no longer party policy.

They’re rather cover the odious man’s arse than actually have a democratic debate. Shameful. 

This is my kids future they are all fucking up.  The fool deluded  Corbyn, the malicious narcissist Johnson.  Same bollocks, different threads.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12918 on: September 24, 2017, 07:42:00 pm »

It's a f*cking disgrace!!

If any of the other candidates won the leadership contest I firmly believe we wouldn't be in this mess.

I find it difficult to stomach, seeing the Labour Party being lead and controlled like this.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12919 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
It's a f*cking disgrace!!

If any of the other candidates won the leadership contest I firmly believe we wouldn't be in this mess.

I find it difficult to stomach, seeing the Labour Party being lead and controlled like this.
Do you know what?  We might be.

But it’s still a fucking disgrace, as are the Tories policies on Brexit.

Shameful spineless fuckwits the lot of them.
W