Author Topic: Forum layout  (Read 3918 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Forum layout
« on: May 23, 2019, 04:30:24 am »
I was wondering if there were any possibilities at some point to implement an option, to have a darker version of the forum layout [ie the background color]  :)

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Forum layout
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 05:12:29 am »
No
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:34:16 am »
No
Good, I like it just fine as it is.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:32 pm »
A dark mode would be really nice, mostly because when I wake up and check the social medias RAWK is the only site without one, so it's like looking into the sun first thing!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 08:50:06 pm »
You do know this place is run by people who've got jobs and lives?

And every c*nt moaned last time so fuck off.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 08:55:26 pm »
 ;D
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:00:00 pm »
I was wondering if there were any possibilities at some point to implement an option, to have a darker version of the forum layout [ie the background color]  :)

Sunglasses can achieve the same effect.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24:06 pm »

Were you talking to me? if so why the hostility? You act like I'm pulling your teeth out and your toenails at the same time

I'm not aware of the last time, I'm not the three eyed Raven of RAWK to know every time a change was made in the past.  ;D and I mentioned as an option not the default view.

You know Claire you've just blown my mind, without you I wouldn't been able to discover the concept of having a life and having a job, or people having that in general, despite me having that myself, you've just opened a whole new world to me.

But in anycase, it was just a question.

:)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:33:43 pm by deFacto »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24:51 pm »
A dark mode would be really nice, mostly because when I wake up and check the social medias RAWK is the only site without one, so it's like looking into the sun first thing!

This is mostly the reason, my eyes are killing me.  :D

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 09:36:15 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 11:23:41 pm »
No

The voice has spoken.

:lmao

This is why we love you .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 03:05:34 am »
The voice has spoken.

:lmao

This is why we love you .

Nice and to the point  :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 07:54:29 am »
Were you talking to me? if so why the hostility? You act like I'm pulling your teeth out and your toenails at the same time

I'm not aware of the last time, I'm not the three eyed Raven of RAWK to know every time a change was made in the past.  ;D and I mentioned as an option not the default view.

You know Claire you've just blown my mind, without you I wouldn't been able to discover the concept of having a life and having a job, or people having that in general, despite me having that myself, you've just opened a whole new world to me.

But in anycase, it was just a question.

:)

:wanker

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Forum layout
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 01:02:55 pm »
Think this sounds like a great idea.

On the subject of the layout, whenever I follow links to other forums I’m always reminded of how much better looking and easier to use RAWK is. Everything else is an eyesore.

Online liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 01:43:33 pm »
Think this sounds like a great idea.

On the subject of the layout, whenever I follow links to other forums I’m always reminded of how much better looking and easier to use RAWK is. Everything else is an eyesore.

I think that based on some of the modly responses its rather unlikely. Claire and others got dogs abuse last time there was a change, why do it again?
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 01:54:05 pm »
I like the forum as it is, simple & easy to use/read, also other forums can be can be very distracting when they allow banners as signatures.
#Sausages

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 01:55:22 pm »
I think that based on some of the modly responses its rather unlikely. Claire and others got dogs abuse last time there was a change, why do it again?
There's been a switch to dark mode before, or do you mean other visual changes? Can't say I remember too many.

In any case it's a very small issue. Like I said, on the whole this forum works so much better than almost every other site I visit daily. So those in charge clearly know more than I do.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

That's fair enough, I've been on here 10 years and I can't remember when that happened. I was more thinking as an option to have it, I'd even donate money for it to be set up if need be, rather than having as the default version.

It takes time to get that done, I can relate, I used to run websites and forums.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
Dark forum theme
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 09:16:26 am »
Just wondering if colour themes are possible for the board?  Not sure if there is an existing module that could be enabled or how much work it would be but thought I would check.  As much as I love red and white staring at white background websites just burns my eyes like crazy and limits how much I read on sites.

Either way.. many thanks for the effort in running the site.  It's one of the very few football sites I can handle!

Cheers

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dark forum theme
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 09:28:43 am »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
Re: Dark forum theme
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2020, 09:34:01 am »
Cheers.  Seems my search abilities are lacking.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 02:25:05 am »
We could have two principle colours as a theme - how do red and white grab you? ;D :wave

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 06:25:46 pm »
I think people need to assess their monitor settings, particularly brightness and contrast.

Site isn't even white.