Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589224 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3920 on: November 4, 2019, 01:15:49 am »
We didn't offer Sturridge a new contract but looks like we will be with Lallana.

Which again proves how much Klopp values him. He may be taking a paycut as well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3921 on: November 4, 2019, 01:29:25 am »
Klopp disagrees and this is where your credibility runs out.

Why would he not accept an extension at the best club in the country, Europe and the world? Ridiculous sentiment. He can pick up a good wage, look after his body as he won't be needed every single week, and win oodles of medals. In fact he'd be daft to turn an extension down unless its a ludicrous wage reduction.

And it would be.

As for my credibility,we will see but he has shown nothing to suggest he could be a success for us in that role,we also have some great youngsters coming through that will give us more than an aging and physically unreliable Lallana.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3922 on: November 4, 2019, 08:56:56 am »
If people keep repeating this will be Lallana's last season, they're going to be right eventually.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3923 on: November 4, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
Before the game i was wondering if he was the right choice for Villa away....would have preferred Keita or Ox personally but as the game went on he did quite well to be honest. I don't think he looked out of place at all and was helping to bring the front 3 into play often

decent performance and much needed minutes taken up by somebody outside of the usual set of players. win-win
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3924 on: November 4, 2019, 09:04:07 am »
I doubt he'll accept a wage reduction.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3925 on: November 4, 2019, 09:18:48 am »
I doubt he'll accept a wage reduction.

Well, he probably wont get offered the same wage elsewhere, so it will be a reduction no matter what.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 12:01:58 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3926 on: November 4, 2019, 09:27:21 am »
Which again proves how much Klopp values him. He may be taking a paycut as well.

Thought it was quite telling recently that in an interview that Milner mentioned Lallana and Lovren as 2 of the leaders and senior figures in the dressing room.

Very obvious that despite some fans not rating Lallana, he is very highly thought of by the manager and his team mates. People talk about contribution on the pitch over the last few years, and admittedly it's been limited, but I wonder how much he does off the pitch to help the dressing room culture. He is also still a talented player so he's not just being kept as a cheerleader.

In saying all that, I didn't;t think we'd offer him a new contract. I thought we may want to make space for a younger player to grow into that role. Even if we offer Lallana a contract I'm not sure he'll sign. Suspect he may want to see what other offers are out there since it's probably his prime opportunity to get 1st team football, 1 last big contract and/or try another league.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3927 on: November 4, 2019, 09:30:16 am »
Apparently we can trigger a one-year extension in any case, though I doubt we'd keep him against his will if he were determined to go. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3928 on: November 4, 2019, 12:25:04 pm »
Definitely a good option there when we're playing teams who'll surrender possession, but he doesn't have the defensive instincts of Fabinho, or the ability to cover ground to fill in the gaps like the Brazilian.  Not that many do.

Don't disagree with much of that (his positioning for Willock's goal in mid-week was certainly questionable), but he did make five tackles vs Villa which is worth briefly noting. He's not strong, but he is tenacious and he does have an impressive leap for a smaller player.

I don't think it's something we'll see very often in a tough away game to be honest - but it was the right decision not to risk Fabinho ahead of City.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3929 on: November 4, 2019, 12:31:50 pm »
Don't disagree with much of that (his positioning for Willock's goal in mid-week was certainly questionable), but he did make five tackles vs Villa which is worth briefly noting. He's not strong, but he is tenacious and he does have an impressive leap for a smaller player.

I don't think it's something we'll see very often in a tough away game to be honest - but it was the right decision not to risk Fabinho ahead of City.
11 ball recoveries in total, same as Fabinho vs Spurs.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3930 on: November 4, 2019, 02:11:35 pm »
trigger the extension and get a fee for him?

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3931 on: November 4, 2019, 02:49:31 pm »
As a 6, he has the ability the break the first line of press in a way which Fabinho, Gini and Henderson can't/don't seem to be able to do. Against Villa, he received the ball in very tight spots on several occasions, and while he can feed to the wings like everyone else can, he has very quick footwork and swivelled past the first player on a few occasions which then opened up the pitch for him (and us). Horses for courses, as always, but I do believe he brings something different to our play.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3932 on: November 29, 2019, 02:00:28 pm »
Deserves another shot in the six tomorrow - Gini and Hendo tend to slow us down a bit too much there imo

If he does well I'd use him there in the three Saturday games we have coming up, and Gini in the two tougher midweek games
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:02:46 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: November 29, 2019, 03:07:40 pm »
He doesn’t have the speed to cover is my concern

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: November 29, 2019, 03:36:44 pm »
He doesn’t have the speed to cover is my concern

He did extremely well at Villa.

Only Leicester a good counter attacking team with pace we will playing up until the new year.

Gini isn't blessed with a load of pace neither is Fab really.

Think we would have to trust him and Klopp if he gets picked.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:44:06 pm by Fordy »

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3935 on: November 29, 2019, 05:41:14 pm »
His career at Liverpool has been unreliable and unproductive thus far. His record suggests he’s not the guy we want to be relying on for a solution in the midst of a title race (especially at 6 - nothing at all in his career to suggest he can perform that role to a high level), but let’s hope he can pull something out of the hat.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3936 on: November 29, 2019, 05:45:46 pm »
He did extremely well at Villa.

Only Leicester a good counter attacking team with pace we will playing up until the new year.

Gini isn't blessed with a load of pace neither is Fab really.

Think we would have to trust him and Klopp if he gets picked.

I'd say the lack of out and out pace is Fabinho's biggest (only?) weakness. The rest of his game more than makes up for it.

Lallana isn't that slow, and has a great engine on him. He'll do a fine job in that role, especially against the likes of Brighton.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3937 on: November 29, 2019, 05:55:38 pm »
His career at Liverpool has been unreliable and unproductive thus far. His record suggests he’s not the guy we want to be relying on for a solution in the midst of a title race (especially at 6 - nothing at all in his career to suggest he can perform that role to a high level), but let’s hope he can pull something out of the hat.
He’s been injured a fair amount so I’ll give you unreliable, but unproductive is a bit of a stretch to say the least. Had a great 16/17 before the injuries kicked in, and has done well this season when he’s been seen against Villa and Man U.

He’s a really good player and can still play his part for us the next few months when called on
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3938 on: November 29, 2019, 06:18:40 pm »
He’s been injured a fair amount so I’ll give you unreliable, but unproductive is a bit of a stretch to say the least. Had a great 16/17 before the injuries kicked in, and has done well this season when he’s been seen against Villa and Man U.

He’s a really good player and can still play his part for us the next few months when called on

He’s scored 1? goal since 2016. He looked decent for a bit in a side which hobbled to fourth place. It’s now a team who are European Champions and all the rest - which he has played no part in, despite being a member of the squad. Says a lot. Doesn’t fill you with hope that he may be our go to guy.

That said, let’s hope.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #3939 on: November 29, 2019, 06:22:07 pm »
Deserves another shot in the six tomorrow - Gini and Hendo tend to slow us down a bit too much there imo

If he does well I'd use him there in the three Saturday games we have coming up, and Gini in the two tougher midweek games

Would much prefer Henderson back at 6 for a while.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3940 on: November 29, 2019, 08:33:06 pm »

I'm not sure about that. His career has been earmarked by compliments on his workrate, tactical intelligence, tenacity, pressing actions, and skill in tight spaces - all qualities needed at #6. Only question mark should be about his height (because Klopp likes height in there), and his robustness over time.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3941 on: November 29, 2019, 08:56:05 pm »
It's Henderson's recovery speed versus Lallana's positional intelligence I'd have thought. Both are lousy in the air. Henderson is bigger but mistimes his jumps.

But Lallana has these advantages over Hendo. He knows how to press and to dispossess an opponent who is dithering on the ball. He's better on the turn. His passing is superior. He breaks lines. He is much better at receiving the ball under pressure and nullifying an opponent's press. He can turn both ways, being the most two-footed player in the entire Premier League.

Both are super-fit, with Lallana maybe second only to Milner in doing the hard yards. But Hendo must be more match fit at the moment.

Obviously I'd go for Lallana every time, but I can see the case for Hendo. Especially if you're a little bit nervous and want to play safe.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #3942 on: November 29, 2019, 10:45:58 pm »
Adam is a good boy. Lallana will get a chance in December.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3943 on: November 29, 2019, 10:55:35 pm »
I hope he plays against Brighton, probably in the 6, the most naturally gifted MF we have.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3944 on: November 30, 2019, 03:55:56 am »
I'd have to say, I'm not on the "Lallana No.6 bandwagon". But he is one of the options we have. Hendo is another, and I'd prefer him there, but he's been far better as No.8. Gini, same thing, even more so. Miler, I don't think he'd ever play the holding role unless we are down to our bones. I'd give Lallana a chance, but he's more creative than defensive...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: November 30, 2019, 05:11:35 pm »
Lallana did some superb running when we went down to 10 men, that was a horrible situation to be in.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3946 on: November 30, 2019, 06:59:57 pm »
I can see the logic in Klopp bringing him on for Mo, trying to get a bit more control in midfield, but it caused us to drop a bit too deep without Mo's pace in behind to worry Brighton.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3947 on: November 30, 2019, 07:38:30 pm »
I can see the logic in Klopp bringing him on for Mo, trying to get a bit more control in midfield, but it caused us to drop a bit too deep without Mo's pace in behind to worry Brighton.

He also got bumped off the ball quite easily several times.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3948 on: November 30, 2019, 07:50:13 pm »
He did but the game changed shortly after he came on with the sending off. Brighton went from dropping off to heavily pressing and with the man less we didn’t have time on the ball.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3949 on: December 2, 2019, 07:11:36 am »

He always does..

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3950 on: December 2, 2019, 11:36:15 am »
Will probably start on Wednesday

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3951 on: December 2, 2019, 11:45:55 am »
I hope so.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3952 on: December 2, 2019, 11:56:30 am »
It's Henderson's recovery speed versus Lallana's positional intelligence I'd have thought. Both are lousy in the air. Henderson is bigger but mistimes his jumps.

But Lallana has these advantages over Hendo. He knows how to press and to dispossess an opponent who is dithering on the ball. He's better on the turn. His passing is superior. He breaks lines. He is much better at receiving the ball under pressure and nullifying an opponent's press. He can turn both ways, being the most two-footed player in the entire Premier League.

Both are super-fit, with Lallana maybe second only to Milner in doing the hard yards. But Hendo must be more match fit at the moment.

Obviously I'd go for Lallana every time, but I can see the case for Hendo. Especially if you're a little bit nervous and want to play safe.
I thought the Villa game was a bit of a vindication for you in terms of Lallana as a 6. Yes, there are problems with his physicality that will see Henderson brought in if Klopp anticipates a battle but in a game where the opposition come to sit behind the ball (and credit Potter: his Brighton are not that) then the qualities which you describe that Lallana brings to the table are very useful indeed. I thought he had a big part to play against Villa in terms of keeping them pinned back. By which I mean - of course they came to defend deep, but there's a difference between defending deep with the play in front of you and defending almost around your own box under constant pressure and with no relief and no outball. Lallana kept it moving, kept it moving into space and kept it moving quickly. His two footedness and willingness to pass without taking a touch makes it much harder for defensive lines to readjust - just that little bit of extra space which can make so much difference.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3953 on: December 13, 2019, 08:57:36 pm »
Speaks volumes that James Pearce tweeted Lallana would leave at the end of the season, and yet this thread was still at the bottom of the second page.

He was a good servant for 2 years, and arguably our best player in one of them, but he has been a complete non-factor for 2.5 seasons now. Hope he can find his right level wherever that is (I really think he would suit La Liga).

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3954 on: December 13, 2019, 09:02:13 pm »
Speaks volumes that James Pearce tweeted Lallana would leave at the end of the season, and yet this thread was still at the bottom of the second page.

He was a good servant for 2 years, and arguably our best player in one of them, but he has been a complete non-factor for 2.5 seasons now. Hope he can find his right level wherever that is (I really think he would suit La Liga).

Where's the tweet?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: December 13, 2019, 09:09:28 pm »
I still think he can do a job as a no.8 for us, he doesn't have gini's physicality, but he has a lot going for him

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #3956 on: December 13, 2019, 09:09:39 pm »
Was on one of JPs articles in the Athletic that lallana was LIKELY to leave in summer . He didn’t say it was for certain he would leave .
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3957 on: December 13, 2019, 09:51:27 pm »

Wouldn't say complete non factor, that's harsh.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3958 on: December 13, 2019, 10:57:34 pm »
Mini me

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3959 on: December 13, 2019, 11:32:39 pm »
always happy to see him on pitch, he is quality...