Author Topic: Champions League Final 2019: Fabinho is going to Madrid.  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Final 2019: Fabinho is going to Madrid.
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »

Messi felt the power of the telescopic leg minutes into the second (unextended) leg at Anfield. Instead of powering his way into the Kop goalmouth with the ball stuck to his left foot, as he’d wanted to, Messi struck the deck instead. Fab’s gadget had nicked it away. And then Andy Roberston ran past the prone Messi, rearranged his hairstyle, and shouted “Telescopic fucking leg mate.” No wonder Messi was confused.   

Someone, anyone, please create a gif having all this in it. It all makes sense now. Poor Messi. GOAT or not, what chance do you have against telescopically modded opponents?
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2019, 09:04:39 pm »
Great OP.

Fabinho's becoming my favourite player, Mascherano was my favourite under Rafa.

And in the 90's, Redondo was my favourite non Liverpool player, i guess i have a soft spot for the destroyers in the middle of the park.

Mascherano was tenacious and a bulldog who snap on someone's heels and never let go.

I think Fabinho is more like Lucas. A player with some flair to his game and glides around the turf pinging balls into the feet of team mates.

Not quite Alonso yet but who is?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:34 pm »
Now that you guys mention it, he does look a little like Inspector Gadget.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2019, 10:24:46 pm »
I love how we have so many players who just clearly WANT to be here. 

Yes it's normal to have players who have a natural desire to move on at some point, but all these players we have are great and want to be here NOW, with no intention of leaving.  It's how truly great teams are built.  You can't get anywhere if, for every good player you buy, you lose one.

The way we nailed Fab so early on and how quickly he has settled has been a major key to our success this season.  Not the only one by any means - it just highlights how important the team is over the individual, but how critically important it is to have the RIGHT individuals in the first place.  And this is just his first season.  He's going absolutely nowhere.  It's amazing.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho is going to Madrid.
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 10:28:49 pm »
He did, and it is titled: "An Ode to Fab's Gadget"

:lmao

Great read. Easy to forget he barely played a minute until mid-late October.

Has to start on Saturday for me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 10:30:13 pm »
Mascherano was tenacious and a bulldog who snap on someone's heels and never let go.

I think Fabinho is more like Lucas. A player with some flair to his game and glides around the turf pinging balls into the feet of team mates.

Not quite Alonso yet but who is?

Not quite but he's not far off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:52 pm »
Great read Yorky. Always had you down as more of an Old Peculier kind of guy.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2019, 11:48:57 pm »
I love how we have so many players who just clearly WANT to be here. 

Yes it's normal to have players who have a natural desire to move on at some point, but all these players we have are great and want to be here NOW, with no intention of leaving.  It's how truly great teams are built.  You can't get anywhere if, for every good player you buy, you lose one.

The way we nailed Fab so early on and how quickly he has settled has been a major key to our success this season.  Not the only one by any means - it just highlights how important the team is over the individual, but how critically important it is to have the RIGHT individuals in the first place.  And this is just his first season.  He's going absolutely nowhere.  It's amazing.
I completely agree and your post got me thinking, are we the most exciting club in Europe for both players that are already here and possible new signings? I think we probably are.

The top clubs in Europe who've had recent success (Barcelona, real Madrid, juventus, Bayern etc.) are declining. Of course they've all got world class players and a lot of money to spend but they have ageing squads and money doesn't guarantee success as man United have found.

As for PSG, ignoring the immoral way that they've bought their team which I doubt is a factor for potential signings, most players want to play in a competitive league so the French League probably isn't appealing. They also don't really look close to success in Europe so there doesn't seem much point playing for them and just walking the domestic competitions and struggling in Europe.

That leaves us and city, who I'd say are probably the best two teams in Europe (again ignoring their corrupt funding). We seem to be the two clubs with the most pull for potential signings. I think that where we have the advantage in that players see European nights at Anfield and want to be a part of that. I doubt anyone sees playing in a half empty ground as a very attractive prospect.

What this shows is how far we've come from the days when we couldn't sign certain players because bigger clubs were in for them and we couldn't compete. We're at the top of the good chain now and any player would be crazy to want to leave.

Anyway, I've gone a bit off topic. As for Fabinho, he's becoming one of my favourite players in the squad. Every game, when I think about who stood out, he seems to always come straight to mind. I love the way he can tackle someone who seems miles away but he's also got a great passing range. A complete player is how I'd describe him.

I also love how he's settled in at the club. It was great seeing him with the rest of the players in front of the Kop singing YNWA and he seems to have formed a really good connection with the club for someone who's only just joined. That could be down to the way Klopp gets players to connect with fans but he can also take some credit (along with his wife of course!)
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 1, 2019, 08:59:33 am »
Brilliant Yorky mate, as are all of this weeks contributions.

Thank you all.