Author Topic: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: ZEBRA CROSSING WEBCAM IS ON  (Read 150820 times)

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fulham FC v Liverpool FC - 12th February - k/o: 20.00
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
Small-time gobshites can't even spell "thieves" correctly when trying to insult us. Hope we cock them 2000-0 and they plummet through the leagues, the mimsy fucking clunges.

:lmao

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:56 pm »
c*nts, will be nice seeing them in the championship next season, hopefully they don't come back for a good while.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2014, 10:45:15 pm »
This has seriously got you worked up hasn't it?  :D

I'm calm, man.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2014, 10:46:44 pm »
It may well be a sack of shit, and very poor planning on the part of Fulham, but I would think we can all agree that if the ground is not properly manned to ensure spectator safety, that we of all fans would welcome the right decision being made.... :)

Of course.

If they were making every reasonable effort to make sure the grounds are properly staffed.

Which they aren't.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »
Of course.

If they were making every reasonable effort to make sure the grounds are properly staffed.

Which they aren't.

25000 at Fulham, 60000 at Arsenal.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2014, 10:50:06 pm »
c*nts, will be nice seeing them in the championship next season, hopefully they don't come back for a good while.

They won't, they'll be in league 2 in a few years.

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2014, 10:52:55 pm »
I'd laugh so much if tube strike was postponed for 48 hours - just so game can go ahead!

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #607 on: February 10, 2014, 10:54:40 pm »
What's really annoying me here and it might just be the way the BBC has reported it, is that it looks like it's just up to Fulham to decide if the game goes ahead with no input from the FA or us. Really hope the FA tell them to get the stewards there or kiss goodbye to the points, you cannot just have teams deciding when they want to play games, it makes a mockery of the whole league.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: February 10, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »
I'd laugh so much if tube strike was postponed for 48 hours - just so game can go ahead!

It won't be, local news has reported that talks have not gone well, and as a kind of ITK in this particular due to where I work I can tell you that there is very little chance of the strike being called off.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #609 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »
It won't be, local news has reported that talks have not gone well, and as a kind of ITK in this particular due to where I work I can tell you that there is very little chance of the strike being called off.

Is there some particular problem getting to Fulham for the stewards as opposed to uptown park or emirates?

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #610 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:22 pm »
What's really annoying me here and it might just be the way the BBC has reported it, is that it looks like it's just up to Fulham to decide if the game goes ahead with no input from the FA or us. Really hope the FA tell them to get the stewards there or kiss goodbye to the points, you cannot just have teams deciding when they want to play games, it makes a mockery of the whole league.

Considering your username mate, why don't you just volunteer and take a few flags they wouldn't allow hidden under your jacket :)
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #611 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »
Fucking hell i got tickets for this too.

It's time Ayre and Rodgers came out and started to speak up !

Online Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:18 pm »
Can see other relegation fighting clubs kick off a fuss. People go to work all the time in these strikes. They don't want a game, plain and simple.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #613 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:19 pm »
Finding a taxi in London on a strike day? More chance of Jacko resurrecting. And a tenner would take you from Fulham to Putney Bridge in bad traffic.
From what I understand most of their stewards are eastenders rather than west Londoners hence the problem. And if they are at their daytime jobs or uni/college which I imagine most would be at, then it just isn't that simple - these are largely temporary seasonal workers or agency staff who really won't give a shit.

Re the flooding - there is almost certainly going to be some more flooding on the Thames in Surrey. Residents in Chiswick (2 miles away) will be crapping themselves at the moment, and there have been problems with SW Trains and Great Western trains today due to the floods in Surrey and Berkshire. All of these things will make it tougher for the Met and Hammersmith & Fulham Council to sanction the game.

I would love to see it played as I am sure we will twat them on Wednesday, but there is no avoiding some of the practical issues.   
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #614 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:06 pm »
Can see other relegation fighting clubs kick off a fuss. People go to work all the time in these strikes. They don't want a game, plain and simple.

Good point, hadn't even considered that angle.

Offline Catnip645

• Main Stander
« Reply #615 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
The strikes are now an FA conspiracy?

Sometimes I wonder why I read this forum...

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: February 10, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »

This is exactly what is so vexing to me—the statement released by Fulham suggests that they are the sole arbiter in this situation, which, if true, would set a dangerous precedent in which clubs can conveniently rearrange their own schedules to their benefit given the correct set of circumstances (illusory though they may be).

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #617 on: February 10, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »
Finding a taxi in London on a strike day? More chance of Jacko resurrecting. And a tenner would take you from Fulham to Putney Bridge in bad traffic.
From what I understand most of their stewards are eastenders rather than west Londoners hence the problem. And if they are at their daytime jobs or uni/college which I imagine most would be at, then it just isn't that simple - these are largely temporary seasonal workers or agency staff who really won't give a shit.

Re the flooding - there is almost certainly going to be some more flooding on the Thames in Surrey. Residents in Chiswick (2 miles away) will be crapping themselves at the moment, and there have been problems with SW Trains and Great Western trains today due to the floods in Surrey and Berkshire. All of these things will make it tougher for the Met and Hammersmith & Fulham Council to sanction the game.

I would love to see it played as I am sure we will twat them on Wednesday, but there is no avoiding some of the practical issues.   

How did the staff make it in for the game against Sheffield United then?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #618 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:29 pm »
The strikes are now an FA conspiracy?

Sometimes I wonder why I read this forum...

Lol you pillock, I've seen one person say that, so perhaps you shouldn't bother here if you're selective as that.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:01 pm »
How did the staff make it in for the game against Sheffield United then?

He said before the strike that day apparently started after the game kicked off.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:39 pm »

It's not like it's a last minute hitch. They've known about the strike for at least a week. They have enough money to provide private transport. They are avoiding the game.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #621 on: February 10, 2014, 11:05:50 pm »
Two words....Mick Hucknall
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: February 10, 2014, 11:07:52 pm »
Is there some particular problem getting to Fulham for the stewards as opposed to uptown park or emirates?

Not that I am aware of, Hammersmith is well served by buses and not a huge walk from craven cottage, there are a couple of overground stations not too far away and if the strike is anything like last week it will be a reduced service, not a complete shut down. I caught the district line on Wednesday (line that runs nearest to that part of town) with no trouble during the strike.

Also as mentioned earlier, it's a small stadium so they won't need many stewards, and secondly their support is very localised (unlike Arsenal who have support all over London) and since most stewards are supporters they should find it easier then most to get to the stadium. Like I said, we should offer to bus down our stewards early on Wednesday, give them a your of the stadium, evacuation points etc and see what excuses Fulham come up with next.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: February 10, 2014, 11:08:03 pm »
Sorry if this has already been answered, but realistically what would happen if Fulham want to postpone it and we refuse?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: February 10, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »
Sorry if this has already been answered, but realistically what would happen if Fulham want to postpone it and we refuse?

The answer my friend.....Is blowing in the wind.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: February 10, 2014, 11:09:14 pm »

Bit dramatic.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:30 pm »
Putney station, served by trains from Waterloo, is about a 25 minute walk from the ground. No need for this game to be cancelled. 100% it's Fulham not wanting to play, nothing at all to do with transport issues.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #627 on: February 10, 2014, 11:11:41 pm »
 Fulham can fuck right off, the small time twats. There is absolutely no excuse to postpone this. As for wanting them to go down - nah, I hope they stay. I like the six points they give us every year.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Not too Xabi

• for Rachel!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #628 on: February 10, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »

Then play it at a neutral venue. QPR, Millwall, Charlton all have unused grounds on Wednesday night.
"Winning trophies has made me put on weight"  - Rafa Benitez

Offline RedJim

• Nickname Thief!
  • Kopite
  • Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #629 on: February 10, 2014, 11:13:09 pm »
Who is this Greek that they're banging on about like he is a world beater who is going to make the difference? It doesn't matter whether we play them this Wednesday, next Wednesday or whenever, these lot are absolutely toilet and I'd fancy us to slot 5 past them. Hope Suarez has Hangelands trousers down for the full 90 (or whatever other yard dog they play there), put the kibosh on their premier league stint.

The sooner these amateurs are sent plummeting down the football league the better  :wanker

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: February 10, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »
If Fulham really are this shambolically run, then it's just as well that this will be their last ever season in the premier league.
It'll only be a reduced service, not a full out strike, plus there'll be extra buses running. For a wealthy premier league club, none of the piss poor excuses that they've come up with are good enough.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #631 on: February 10, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »
Then play it at a neutral venue. QPR, Millwall, Charlton all have unused grounds on Wednesday night.

That's the most ludicrous idea, where would all the fans sit with their tickets for the match for the various areas of Fulham's ground?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:18 pm »
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that Premier League Stewards go through the same training/certification/background checks more or less for each club?

If so, Liverpool should offer to bus down as many of the Anfield staff as is needed.

Essentially, we should call their bluff.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #633 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »
I'll happily volunteer to steward on Wednesday. Got a couple of friends who are reds fans that would gladly show up to assist.

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #634 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »
This is utter madness.  I will be fuming if this farce is allowed to go through. 

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #635 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:03 pm »
The question that must be asked of Fulham is once the potential for a tube strike arose did they take reasonable action to address issues and raising concern of available safety staff is fine, not attempting to address that in anyway ( hiring coaches etc) is not.

The fact that nearly everyone , including their own fans , is linking it to oppurtunisim due to tiredness of their players/Liverpool on fire cant be lost on the FA/Premiership. Cancelling a game other than the ref due to inclement weather is not treated lightly.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #636 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »
Anyone thinking the tube strike has anything to do with it is delusional
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #637 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:19 pm »
Of course.

Which they aren't.

And you know that for a fact? Despite the posts made in here by numerous London based Liverpool fans, pointing out that it might not be as easy as it looks?

In any case they have until tomorrow at 3pm to figure it out - lets not rush to judgment, we wouldn't want to be hypocrites now would we? ;)

Offline Not too Xabi

• for Rachel!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #638 on: February 10, 2014, 11:21:20 pm »
That's the most ludicrous idea, where would all the fans sit with their tickets for the match for the various areas of Fulham's ground?

Ok, it wasn't the most serious of suggestions, I just think we should refuse to take this lying down and try to call their bluff, so to speak. Perhaps offer to lay buses on for their staff?!
"Winning trophies has made me put on weight"  - Rafa Benitez

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: February 10, 2014, 11:23:18 pm »
A premier league game with 25,000 fans, several thousand staff, hundreds of Police, and no doubt several hundred of other ancillary hangers on.  And you think it's organised from scratch at a moments notice?

Shitehawks Fulham may be, but changing venues and reorganising a game takes weeks at the least, and several weeks at that. Not 48 hours.   ::)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:26:03 pm by Big Red Richie »