Author Topic: A question to the players still at liverpool who got rid of Rafa  (Read 45285 times)

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
Re: A question to the players still at liverpool who got rid of Rafa
« Reply #40 on: October 3, 2010, 05:57:27 pm »
Don't the mods usually lock threads like this?

Fanny.

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #41 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:00 pm »
If this is true then he needs shipping out. Legend but should be replaced in the team by Agger.
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:05 pm »
if you dont mind me asking what did he say?

torres said it was probably best he went because of the ownership situation

The night Rafa's sacking/mutually agreed departure/whatever you want to call it was announced Torres spoke on Spanish radio and sounded everything but happy about Benitez leaving. I don't know if any players pushed for his departure but I would be extremely surprised if Torres was one of them.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2010, 05:58:57 pm »
Why?..we were on the slide last year..It was starting last year you could see it in how we were playing...off field problems,confidence something is really wrong

How can a team be on the slide after one season?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 3, 2010, 05:59:01 pm »
"Carragher's use of "class and dignity" is instructive.
Those are the same words David Moyes used to describe Everton when responding to the former manager Rafael Benítez's description of his Merseyside rivals as "a small club".
George Gillett and Tom Hicks have brought financial turbulence to Anfield and supporters on to the streets.
Though Carragher refuses to mud-sling – "I'm not getting into why we lost that, but we do need to get back to it and I think we are" – it is clear he believes the American co-owners are not entirely responsible for Liverpool's recent soap opera.

"I just think that over the last few years people didn't like Liverpool.
Other managers didn't like us, we were always getting criticism in the press, obviously we were not doing well on the pitch so that comes with it, but everything was just negative Liverpool all the time."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/04/jamie-carragher-liverpool-testimonial

Offline wonderohthree

• Kemlynite
  • Fortress Anfield
« Reply #45 on: October 3, 2010, 06:00:30 pm »
This thread is pointless and should be locked
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say, 'We're Liverpool'.”

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 3, 2010, 06:02:25 pm »
I really couldn't care less if any one of the players left now. They've been good in the past, but I am totally sick of watching football this bad over and over again. It really wouldn't be a disaster if any one of them left, including Gerrard and Torres.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 3, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »

Why is that?

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #48 on: October 3, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »
if you dont mind me asking what did he say?
Put simply he said that he is still in touch with Carra and Gerrard and that he speaks to them both on pretty much a weekly basis. He said that Carra and Gerrard were pissed off with Rafa on an epic scale. This was just before Christmas if memory serves me right.

I posted it at the time mainly because I felt that it illustrated what a number of people on here could actually see for themselves and also because I had absolutely no reason to doubt Gary Mac's sincerity.
torres said it was probably best he went because of the ownership situation
Yes, Torres is quite the diplomat.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 3, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »
None of us know exactly what happened so this thread IS pretty pointless. I love Carra but if the accusations are true he has to go, it's unacceptable.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #50 on: October 3, 2010, 06:04:11 pm »
No player is bigger than the club, I don't care if your name is Jamie Carragher or Jean-Michel Ferri, if you go against the manager you should be out the door.

oh, and don't bothered to close the door on your way out :wanker:
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 3, 2010, 06:06:11 pm »
The night Rafa's sacking/mutually agreed departure/whatever you want to call it was announced Torres spoke on Spanish radio and sounded everything but happy about Benitez leaving. I don't know if any players pushed for his departure but I would be extremely surprised if Torres was one of them.

seriously? never heard of that before

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 3, 2010, 06:06:32 pm »

It isn't actually. It's far more relevant than the bullshit Rafa v. Roy threads around.

The fact is, over the last season and 20 games, the managers have been different yet the football and effort on the pitch has been disgraceful. It means something.

It's fucking stupid, quite frankly, that someone will want Roy out then the next minute go and post in the Gerrard thread and coo over a compilation reel on Youtube.

The manager wasn't the problem last season, and this season, he's not the big problem on the pitch either.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #53 on: October 3, 2010, 06:07:38 pm »
Well Carragher continues to play every game, even though he is a shell of his former self, and a liability to the team
The spot you have hit young Skywalker...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2010, 06:08:12 pm »
wtf were purslow and broughton doing interviewing the candidates?? and they get us hodgson? ridiculous.

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #55 on: October 3, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »
I'll say it then, because it needs to be said,
carra certainly had a hand in it.
the fucker should be shipped out to some champinship side where he belongs.
I don't care about what he's given the club over the years, that's fucking history, today is today.
player power my hole, I didn't see any fucking player power on the pitch today.
certain players there are living on past glories and think they're untouchable, it's embarrassing having our manager pander to the c*nts
in order to make them stay.
shanks or paisley would of have them out on their arses before they knew what fucking day it was.
Isn't this exactly what fans of the likes of Chelsea say about our 5 European cups and 18 leagues? :P

On a serious note, I agree that he isn't good enough any more, and I think that he's only in the starting 11 because of what he represents. And if he really had a hand in the sacking of the previous manager, he needs to be put in his place. Which is a team in the lower regions of the Premier League. Oh wait!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: October 3, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »
If the obvious two had a hand in Benitez's sacking, a couple of seasons on the reserve bench would do them good. Carragher has fuck all resale value, and Gerrard's contract doesn't run out for a while. Couple of utter c*nts if the rumours are true, regardless of what they've done for us in the past.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:01 pm »
I recall being told something along these lines late last year. I was laughed at from a few mates for even suggesting such a thing.

Player power in this day and age? No way! Yes fucking way.

Offline miroa12004

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: October 3, 2010, 06:10:40 pm »
My ex Girlfriend is such a classless person, I'm happy I left her, imagine buying her the Ferraris and Lambourginis, spending unforgettable time at the five star hotels of Istanbul, Cardif, Athens, Madrid, Barcelona and even at Manchester where we had great times, I even went as far as buying her a palace in the Champions street, when her highest ambition was a small flat there, and after all that she dumped me because she felt I didn't show her the love required, she said that I wasn't the man she wanted when few years ago I was the best man in the world, apparently she wanted someone who'd rather put his arm round her shoulder, than someone who is dedicated and does whatever she says but somehow cold in his persona.

Fortunatly for me, once she dumped me, I got a call from Miss Europe, she says that she wanted me for years, apparently what was preventing her is me showing enough dedication to my ex, I can't be happier, not only is she more smart and organizied than my ex, she is Miss Italy as well so she is fit as fuck.

Did I need to say whats happened to my ex, she got someone who don't stop putting his arm round her shoulder, but it turned out he was a wanker, he took all her money and told her he'll buy her a palace like mine in the Champions street, but he bought her a small flat in the Championship street, she may be trying hard to hide her depression saying that her boyfriend needs more time to show his commitment but it is apparent that she'll go down with him to be fucking skint.

Me? I'm enjoying my time having less shouts and pressure from ex, and more blowjobs from Miss Italy and Europe.
Quote from:  HBK
It is good to be pissed of than to be pissed on

Quote from: Chris McCandless
Rather than love, than money,
than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.

Quote from: Matt Damon at Rounders
If you're too careful, your whole life can become a fuckin' grind.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 3, 2010, 06:11:49 pm »
Yeah, it's definitely wasn't Torres or Reina. They were both upset that Rafa had left
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 3, 2010, 06:12:20 pm »
didnt maddock say in his 'rafa sacked' article that it was player power that got him out?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #61 on: October 3, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »
well we saw it at Chelsea under Scolari, why not at Liverpool under Benitez?

and both coaches are two from different ends of the spectrum, Scolari bemoaned the fact that he couldnt act paternally over his chelsea players like he did with his brazilian and portuguese national sides
whilst Rafa was moaned at for not being paternal.

So you could be saying Chelsea's players were arrogant sods who knew how they wanted to play and the way they wanted to win, and that our players are just a bunch of pussies who needed the arm round the shoulder type just to tell them that they were good and that the adulation of 45,000 a week wasnt good enough.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 3, 2010, 06:12:53 pm »
Of course they had a fucking hand.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

If we were any kind of proper football team anymore they should both have been sold in the summer.

AMEN
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #64 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:31 pm »
didnt maddock say in his 'rafa sacked' article that it was player power that got him out?

Yes, but he alluded to more than Carra and Gerrard.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #65 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:45 pm »
My ex Girlfriend is such a classless person, I'm happy I left her, imagine buying her the Ferraris and Lambourginis, spending unforgettable time at the five star hotels of Istanbul, Cardif, Athens, Madrid, Barcelona and even at Manchester where we had great times, I even went as far as buying her a palace in the Champions street, when her highest ambition was a small flat there, and after all that she dumped me because she felt I didn't show her the love required, she said that I wasn't the man she wanted when few years ago I was the best man in the world, apparently she wanted someone who'd rather put his arm round her shoulder, than someone who is dedicated and does whatever she says but somehow cold in his persona.

Fortunatly for me, once she dumped me, I got a call from Miss Europe, she says that she wanted me for years, apparently what was preventing her is me showing enough dedication to my ex, I can't be happier, not only is she more smart and organizied than my ex, she is Miss Italy as well so she is fit as fuck.

Did I need to say whats happened to my ex, she got someone who don't stop putting his arm round her shoulder, but it turned out he was a wanker, he took all her money and told her he'll buy her a palace like mine in the Champions street, but he bought her a small flat in the Championship street, she may be trying hard to hide her depression saying that her boyfriend needs more time to show his commitment but it is apparent that she'll go down with him to be fucking skint.

Me? I'm enjoying my time having less shouts and pressure from ex, and more blowjobs from Miss Italy and Europe.

great post, you should mail it to F365 :P
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline miroa12004

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66 on: October 3, 2010, 06:13:49 pm »
Yeah, it's definitely wasn't Torres or Reina. They were both upset that Rafa had left

I remember seeing Gerrard and Carra on the same day Rafa was sacked, getting out of the England's plane and smilling their asses off, they were so happy during this time, and I'm sure it wasn't because of accompanying Rooney and Terry at South Africa.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:20:08 pm by miroa12004 »
Quote from:  HBK
It is good to be pissed of than to be pissed on

Quote from: Chris McCandless
Rather than love, than money,
than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.

Quote from: Matt Damon at Rounders
If you're too careful, your whole life can become a fuckin' grind.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 3, 2010, 06:14:56 pm »
Put simply he said that he is still in touch with Carra and Gerrard and that he speaks to them both on pretty much a weekly basis. He said that Carra and Gerrard were pissed off with Rafa on an epic scale. This was just before Christmas if memory serves me right.

I posted it at the time mainly because I felt that it illustrated what a number of people on here could actually see for themselves and also because I had absolutely no reason to doubt Gary Mac's sincerity.Yes, Torres is quite the diplomat.

Really makes me sad to read that, because both players have been such fantastic servants for the club, obviously both local boys so they're idolized on the kop even more so, but I mean seriously, if that is true, fuck off the pair of 'em.

Feel good that you don't have to play in positions you don't like, even if it's where the team will benefit the most? Feel good that you don't have to worry about slowly being rotated out of the side, even when you're clearly on the decline? Feel good that you've played a role in getting rid of the man most capable of keeping us competitive while the ownership issues were sorted? Well done lads, stellar job you've done.

IF it's true, neither of them would look out of place in that picture of Rafa as Julius Caesar, with G+H, Broughton and Purslow in the background sticking the knife in. Reputations forever tarnished in my mind, sure I'll coo over every Gerrard belter, or applaud Carra's last ditch tackles; but when the game's over, and I look at them, I'll remember what they did, and I won't feel the same adoration that I once did.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:18:32 pm by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #68 on: October 3, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »
From PT:

had it confirmed to me by someone in the know that Carra refused to play at right-back at Boro – as most knew – but said in front of everyone “it’s your fault for buying shite in summer”

This one from PT, gives enough point for discussion if it is true.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 3, 2010, 06:21:55 pm »
"We've had situations like Martin O'Neill and Steve Bruce criticising Liverpool and they were right," Carragher said. "We shouldn't be getting involved with stuff like that. Everyone else should look at Liverpool and say they have dignity, class. I mean, like the way people look at Arsenal."

It was unfortunate timing as Arsene Wenger then spent the next month fighting with everyone, including match officials.

"I didn't see his quote but I like Carra as a player and he has to keep focusing on doing things well for Liverpool. Maybe he has an opinion but I don't think Shankly would agree with him. For me the manager of Liverpool Football Club has to defend the club and his players against everyone. The name of the other manager doesn't matter. If you know the story inside you will understand why these managers are talking and I think for our fans it's very clear.

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 3, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »
Just my opinion but I cant use rumour and speculation from people who havent always been truthful as a way to hang 2 of the best servants we've had for this club.

I know people are angry with where we are as a club right now but I dont think that venting that anger at these 2 players in question is the way to go. They dont sign the cheques, assign the roles and they dont ask for the loans. They shouldnt be blamed for the decisions of a few people that are currently at the head of our football club.

Regardless of how either of them may or may not have felt. Their opinions dont mean for much at all and if certain people did allow them to, then they are the people who the anger should be targetted at...IMO.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 06:24:35 pm by b_joseph »

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #71 on: October 3, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »
"Carragher's use of "class and dignity" is instructive.
Those are the same words David Moyes used to describe Everton when responding to the former manager Rafael Benítez's description of his Merseyside rivals as "a small club".
George Gillett and Tom Hicks have brought financial turbulence to Anfield and supporters on to the streets.
Though Carragher refuses to mud-sling – "I'm not getting into why we lost that, but we do need to get back to it and I think we are" – it is clear he believes the American co-owners are not entirely responsible for Liverpool's recent soap opera.

"I just think that over the last few years people didn't like Liverpool.
Other managers didn't like us, we were always getting criticism in the press, obviously we were not doing well on the pitch so that comes with it, but everything was just negative Liverpool all the time."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/sep/04/jamie-carragher-liverpool-testimonial

What I love most about Carra's views is that he has some.  however he's not always right and I don't agree with him here. Rafa branded everton a small club after we drew with them 0-0 at home, we needed to win to put pressure on man u on the top, albeit a slight pressure, and Everton parked the bus.  We had one chance that Crouch couldn't convert and Rafa out of anger mentioned that Everton a  small club or showed a small club mentality. Can't remember which.

Anywho, I thought I remember Moyes mentioning before that the Heysel disaster was one of the main reasons  Everton couldn't kick on and develop.

For what it's worth Hodgson has showed class and dignity through out his career and most of his early Pool press conferences but look whats it translated to on the pitch.

Carra also mentioned the universal praise Arsenal get for their way of conduct.  Arsenal are one of the few big clubs who have gone longer without anysort of a  trophy than we have. They seldom threaten seriously in the title race despite the technical excellence of their players and Fergie, the daddy of switching from class and dignity to mud slinging manc fucker, can't stop praising Wenger because of it.

Class and dignity is dependent on the stability that success brings but more so who ever is gawking at it. Also in the last 10 years or so I can never remember us getting great coverage. Those so many spiteful hacks who remember seeing Liverpool dominate the 70's an 80' s they can't resist getting the dig in. 
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline KSra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: October 3, 2010, 06:23:24 pm »
Respect for the likes of Carra and Gerrard is rapidly disappearing.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 3, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »
Just my opinion but I cant use rumour and speculation from people who havent always been truthful as a way to hang 2 of the best servants we've had for this club.

I know people are angry with where we are as a club right now but I dont think that venting that anger at these 2 players in question is the way to go. They dont sign the cheques, assign the roles and they dont ask for the loans. They shouldnt be blamed for the decisions of a few people that are currently at the head of our football club.

Regardless of how either of them may or may not have felt. Their opinions dont mean for much at all and if certain people did allow them to, then they are the people who the anger should be targetted at...IMO.

You're deluded.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 3, 2010, 06:28:53 pm »
You're deluded.
That I may be. But I just dont like this type of talk that is happening in this thread and I just had to get it off my chest before I turn around and the thread is 50 pages long.

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 3, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »
Rename the thread to all the FANS who got rid of Rafa. And the media. Mind you, those 'fans' just saw their team beat Arsenal 2-0 didn't they. ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline ceros

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 3, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »
seriously? never heard of that before
Yes, in his subtle Torres way (he isn't outspoken) but he wasn't pleased like it's been sometimes suggested in the UK. He added something like "but I'm happy for him after everything he's had to go through". I remember telling a Scouser friend of mine at the time that I thought he was going to leave Liverpool. Torres didn't say he was thinking about leaving, don't get me wrong, but sounded fairly down about the whole thing so I remember telling him to prepare himself for a Torres-less team this season.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 3, 2010, 06:33:11 pm »
I think Carra has realised his abilities are dwindling but still wants to play CB for Liverpool so he has devised a diabolical plot to get us relegated, to a level where he will be comfortable and suits his style :)
Carra has turned to the dark side, don't worry his son will bring balance to the force, till then the Hicks empire will persecute all, and then the New Anfield will be formed.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline smokez

• Boys Pen
« Reply #78 on: October 3, 2010, 06:36:03 pm »
I know you're angry and all but you don't even know who to direct your fury at which makes this thread kinda pointless.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 3, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »
I know you're angry and all but you don't even know who to direct your fury at which makes this thread kinda pointless.

Hi Jamie