Author Topic: A question to the players still at liverpool who got rid of Rafa  (Read 45312 times)

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
Re: A question to the players still at liverpool who got rid of Rafa
« Reply #120 on: October 3, 2010, 07:24:18 pm »
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.

A little late but  :thumbup  anyway.

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: October 3, 2010, 07:25:49 pm »
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa. I thought it was just about the football but only now can I see the full extent of what he was up against. He gave everything to a dying club and had it thrown back in his face by people not fit to smell his piss. He's a legend for sticking with us as long as he did.

This is not even about Roy v Rafa, both of them are good people who are taking the fall for those crooks at the top.

Fair play
£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #122 on: October 3, 2010, 07:27:11 pm »
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa. I thought it was just about the football but only now can I see the full extent of what he was up against. He gave everything to a dying club and had it thrown back in his face by people not fit to smell his piss. He's a legend for sticking with us as long as he did.

This is not even about Roy v Rafa, both of them are good people who are taking the fall for those crooks at the top.

Fair play mate , well in.

Offline redjohnnw

• Anny Roader
  • sos 6135 ynwa
« Reply #123 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »
Why?..we were on the slide last year..It was starting last year you could see it in how we were playing...off field problems,confidence something is really wrong

You're right and that's where a good board would have backed a manager over players any day.
"Never wrestle with pigs. You get dirty, and besides, the pigs like it".

Offline jonnyrich

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »
Days before player power. When your past it, its out the door you go that was Paisleys way.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #125 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »

is right.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 3, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

Well said. It's easier to say nothing than admit you were wrong about something, so fair play to you.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

hoonin

« Reply #127 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:42 pm »
didnt maddock say in his 'rafa sacked' article that it was player power that got him out?

Yes:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-sack-manager-Rafa-Benitez-article446441.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/How-the-power-of-top-Liverpool-players-Steven-Gerrard-Fernando-Torres-and-Jamie-Carragher-got-rid-of-Rafa-Benitez-article446529.html

Makes for embarrassing reading at the moment. Despite some obvious journalistic spin it's clear Maddock was being briefed by Purslow or someone else in the club. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise.

To his credit at least Maddock has begun to redeem himself.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 07:39:52 pm by Gareth »

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #128 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:43 pm »

Fair play mate, I think I've dissed you on this before, but fair play. It takes a man to admit he's wrong.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: October 3, 2010, 07:38:58 pm »
Spoilt brats.

Rafa made Carra, before he put him in the centre he was a average FB.

Now hes below average.

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite
« Reply #130 on: October 3, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »
What do you reckon the chances of Stevie and Carra coming on a fans forum or the like and explaining their sides of it? Maybe even defending themselves against the accusations?

The silence is defeaning......

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #131 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »
Just sounds a load of unsubstantiated rumour at the mo.  Anyway, at every club there will be players who don't get on with the boss.  Most fans don't get the pitchforks out.

"I will always be a fan. I keep in touch with a lot of people close to the club and many think the time has come for a new manager. I agree providing that process doesn't cripple the club financially in terms of pay-offs." Danny Murphy 27/1/10

"I didn't see his quote but I like Carra as a player"

"It's not true that I lost the dressing room. It was obvious that maybe some players were not happy but the majority of the players were very good professionals who were surprised by these stories in the same newspapers by the same journalists. Who was leaking them?"

Rafa Benitez 3/10/10

So let's see whose these Journalist's who continually outed Stories leaked from the dressing room.

Bascombe-  Carra ghost writer and confidente

Durham- Carra's new best mate Colleague and the Journo who remarkably knew about a certain England defenders incredible England call up days before anyone else.

Henry Winter- Gerrard's ghost writer, someone who really rated Benitez but suddenly turned and came out with gems like “Unlike Mr. Ferguson, Arsène Wenger, Mark Hughes, Martin O’Neill, Harry Redknapp, Carlo Ancelotti and David Moyes, Benítez is an incredibly difficult person to warm to. Too detached, too cold.”

So if Rafa is to be believed most of the Players were unhappy about certain individuals leaking stuff that should of stayed within the confines of the dressing room.

Sort of explains why the morale has got a whole lot worse since certain senior players got their wish regarding the club's manager.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #132 on: October 3, 2010, 07:43:37 pm »
The silence is defeaning......

What exacty does that even mean? Are you suggesting that if they don't respond that it makes them guilty. Jesus. Bunch of old wives in this thread,
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 3, 2010, 07:47:34 pm »
Henry Winter- Gerrard's ghost writer, someone who really rated Benitez but suddenly turned and came out with gems like “Unlike Mr. Ferguson, Arsène Wenger, Mark Hughes, Martin O’Neill, Harry Redknapp, Carlo Ancelotti and David Moyes, Benítez is an incredibly difficult person to warm to. Too detached, too cold.”

and the funny thing is that in kenny's book, ghostwritten by winter, he portrays a very different picture

and regarding carragher, i get the feeling that if he gets his wish we will lose some players that genuinely care about lfc (nando, pepe, agger) as that shithouse gets his wish to turn lfc into a club for his mates

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #134 on: October 3, 2010, 07:51:29 pm »
What exacty does that even mean? Are you suggesting that if they don't respond that it makes them guilty. Jesus. Bunch of old wives in this thread,

When the shitstorm was going down last season neither Carra or Gerrard said anything in support for Rafa unlike Torres and Reina.  Then you throw in Gerrards half ass phone it in attitude last season along with his very public and damaging reaction to Torres' sub against Birmingham.  Add in Carras interview about O'Neil and Bruce at his testimonial and you can see that they were unhappy with Rafa.

Then you have people like Maddock who was Cecil's personal stooge in the press talking about how Rafa was forced out by player power.  He said that our world class players were unhappy with Rafa and they would leave if he stayed.  I'm assuming that would be Gerrard/Reina/Torres and Masch.  Reina and Torres came out in public in support of Rafa, Masch is gone so that leaves Gerrard.

Offline StiffieGee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: October 3, 2010, 07:53:38 pm »
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/How-the-power-of-top-Liverpool-players-Steven-Gerrard-Fernando-Torres-and-Jamie-Carragher-got-rid-of-Rafa-Benitez-article446529.html
There was a thread a while back about your worst moment as a supporter in the last whenever; it didn't post, but for me, it was that substitution in Birmingham.  Gerrard flashing a What the fuck? at Torres, as if to say Says who?  And Torres signaling a very public Fuck if I know; ask the gaffer.

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite
« Reply #136 on: October 3, 2010, 07:54:11 pm »
Not at all but it doesn't help the old rumour mill much does it? Since Rafa left a few players have made diplomatic statements when pushed by the media about it, except Gerrard and, until recently, Carragher, and Carra's latest statement isn't going to quash any of the gossip either.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #137 on: October 3, 2010, 07:54:18 pm »

We are talking about the fella who rang up Adriam Durham live on air when he called him a bottler.

We are talking about the fella who rang Paul Tomkins and said just because his Dad and his brother were actively campaigning to have Benitez removed, it didn't mean Carra necessarily agreed with them.

What happened when Durham and Collymore started openly saying that Gerrard and Carra had lost faith in Benitez.

Carra invited Talkshite down to his bar to do a show, agreed to work for them during the World Cup and then when he was called up he gave them a fucking huge exclusive days before anyone else.

What do people want video's and signed confessions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
« Reply #138 on: October 3, 2010, 07:55:05 pm »

In that article he quotes Mascherano as part of the shites that wanted Rafa gone.

Find that very surprsiign given the way Masch spoke of Rafa when he wanted to leave us.

Very true what he says about the look on Gerrard's face during the Birmingham game. If he fancies the job so much then maybe he should stop playing and give it a go. The ego has well and truly landed.
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 3, 2010, 07:55:24 pm »
Sigh, can you lot get over this whole fucking "i told you so" bollocks.

He's gone, get over it.

You don't get it really, do you?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 3, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »
So was Torres in on it or not? Maddock seems to think so.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #141 on: October 3, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »
You don't get it really, do you?

I come to realise that its pointless to debate with these people. They'll choose to ignore 10-20 pages of considerable debate just to post a "i'm-better-fan-than-thou-cause-i-give-the-new-manager-time-after-asking-the-last-one-to-fuck-off" shit. Then rinse and repeat in every thread.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 3, 2010, 07:58:53 pm »
I'll say it then, because it needs to be said,
carra certainly had a hand in it.
the fucker should be shipped out to some champinship side where he belongs.
I don't care about what he's given the club over the years, that's fucking history, today is today.
player power my hole, I didn't see any fucking player power on the pitch today.
certain players there are living on past glories and think they're untouchable, it's embarrassing having our manager pander to the c*nts
in order to make them stay.
shanks or paisley would of have them out on their arses before they knew what fucking day it was.

is there any more to any of this except for rumor ??

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #143 on: October 3, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »
When the shitstorm was going down last season neither Carra or Gerrard said anything in support for Rafa unlike Torres and Reina.  Then you throw in Gerrards half ass phone it in attitude last season along with his very public and damaging reaction to Torres' sub against Birmingham.  Add in Carras interview about O'Neil and Bruce at his testimonial and you can see that they were unhappy with Rafa.

Then you have people like Maddock who was Cecil's personal stooge in the press talking about how Rafa was forced out by player power.  He said that our world class players were unhappy with Rafa and they would leave if he stayed.  I'm assuming that would be Gerrard/Reina/Torres and Masch.  Reina and Torres came out in public in support of Rafa, Masch is gone so that leaves Gerrard.

I'm not making a judgement either way based on what I read in the rags.
For too long, I've known not to trust what I read, so I'm not going to start selectively believing some rumours just because they are in tune with the state of the club now.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 3, 2010, 07:59:35 pm »

torres' comments when rafa was getting sacked say no (see ceros' post a while back)

and anyone get the feeling that cecil may have promised g&c that he'd get rid of rafa if they didnt speak out on the owners like pepe and nando repeatedly did?

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 3, 2010, 08:00:50 pm »
Really don't think Torres was involved in this
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #146 on: October 3, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »
and the funny thing is that in kenny's book, ghostwritten by winter, he portrays a very different picture

and regarding carragher, i get the feeling that if he gets his wish we will lose some players that genuinely care about lfc (nando, pepe, agger) as that shithouse gets his wish to turn lfc into a club for his mates
Carra deserves criticism but he sure as fuck isn't a 'shithouse'. Lawro is a shithouse. Sir Fuckchops is a shithouse c*nt, while Ronaldo is a shithouse c*nt diving tranny, by way of comparison. Carra's a decent bloke I reckon, but his greatest strength, his ruthless will and unbelievable competitive instinct in terms of gaining and keeping a place, are exactly the same things that led to him attacking the wrong causes when he felt that place under threat.

It's not his fault the club didn't deal with him the way Utd did Keane - phasing him out and then getting rid completely when he was still playing 'Mr Utd' to the detriment of the team. What Keane did doesn't make him a shithouse, nor does it Carra, or Gerrard for that matter.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #147 on: October 3, 2010, 08:05:09 pm »
Player power is a cancer, and i've always said if its true they ultimately had some part in trying to get rid of Rafa then any sensible club would have broken them up and told them to get the fuck out.

Tail wagging the fucking dog.

It would be barely forgiveable if then after getting what they wanted that they looked to play with passion unfettered from Rafa's overly 'controlling' tactics and management. But clearly they're all horseshit
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #148 on: October 3, 2010, 08:07:11 pm »
Carra deserves criticism but he sure as fuck isn't a 'shithouse'. Lawro is a shithouse. Sir Fuckchops is a shithouse c*nt, while Ronaldo is a shithouse c*nt diving tranny, by way of comparison. Carra's a decent bloke I reckon, but his greatest strength, his ruthless will and unbelievable competitive instinct in terms of gaining and keeping a place, are exactly the same things that led to him attacking the wrong causes when he felt that place under threat.

It's not his fault the club didn't deal with him the way Utd did Keane - phasing him out and then getting rid completely when he was still playing 'Mr Utd' to the detriment of the team. What Keane did doesn't make him a shithouse, nor does it Carra, or Gerrard for that matter.
That's a really good post. I just cannot believe that Rafa didn't reign them in.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 3, 2010, 08:08:53 pm »
This shite is unbelievable... i wish whoever it was would come out, hold his hands up and admit it. Accept being benched for the rest of the season, and i guess they'd be happy to be sold anyway. But get it out of they so the rest of the players can pull together and try turning our season around.

We really need unity among the players, the fans and ideally the manager at the moment to get the cancers out of the club.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 3, 2010, 08:08:54 pm »
What amazes me about this story is why Rafa, famed for being a ballbreaker who takes no shit from anyone, didn't say play where I tell you or don't play at all.
Because he said, he wouldn't play if he was put there. And so Skrtel volunteered to play it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #151 on: October 3, 2010, 08:10:34 pm »

Fair play to you mate.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #152 on: October 3, 2010, 08:11:26 pm »
Player power is a cancer, and i've always said if its true they ultimately had some part in trying to get rid of Rafa then any sensible club would have broken them up and told them to get the fuck out.

Tail wagging the fucking dog.

It would be barely forgiveable if then after getting what they wanted that they looked to play with passion unfettered from Rafa's overly 'controlling' tactics and management. But clearly they're all horseshit

The problem is that a team includes 11 players not two, Carra and Gerrard can play with as much passion as they want. The simple truth is the other 9 players know what happened to the last manager and know that as soon as some of Carra and Gerrard's mates become available they will be fucked off as well.

How can you have team spirit with the two players who should be leading by example looking after themselves.

They only have to look at what has happened to Danny Agger, how many team mates think Carra should be playing ahead of Agger. Gerrard and Cole ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2010, 08:11:33 pm »

I would hardly think so. I think his name was clubbed in as he was one of the two biggest stars the club was afraid of losing; and somehow got mixed as one of those who would walk if Rafa wasn't replaced.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2010, 08:13:44 pm »
That's a really good post. I just cannot believe that Rafa didn't reign them in.
As anyone who knows me on here knows I'm massive and unashamed Rafa fan - but how he dealt with Gerrard and Carra last season was something I was critical of, and I think his failure to deal with Carra in partiular may end up as his Liverpool tombstone, so to speak.

But then again fans, media and the board all played a part in putting Rafa in a position where he never felt strong enough to be ruthless about such a draconian decision - that and I think some of his own unpragmatic approach to Liverpool (falling in love with your work in a job like this carries risks, I think he almost had a fan's desire to see our 'scouse heartbeats' win the league). But put into perspective that the kind of reaction that 0-0 draw to West Ham got, a match that took us top of the league, and you can see what Rafa might have been fearing had he been ruthless with those players. Had results not gone in his favour...

Then again that goes back to the board. A top manager who knows he'll have money to replace such players, especially all the money they may bring in if sold, a manager who has full support from the board, is also able to take risks in terms of the fans too - just look at Fungus with Queiroz and the big tactical shift they took that made them better than ever - that they've gone back to more Fungus like tactics is, along with their own toxic board, one of the reasons they're 'struggling' at the moment too.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »

Said before, I can't fault Carra for fighting for his place in any way he can. I wish he'd see the bigger picture and understand that it's better for the team when he's taking a step back.

What i really don't get, i always thought he's got football knowledge and a bit of brains. How can he not see that what we're doing now is completely wrong? If there's a time for players to stand up and tell the manager he's getting it wrong, it wasn't last season, it's now.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 3, 2010, 08:15:10 pm »
Fair play to you mate.
Agreed, well said.