Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 387930 times)

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #5240 on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:30 pm »

Eugene and Rosita crossed into their territory when they wanted to set up the radio relay.

I know, but if it's been 7 years since the jump from when Rick left, you would think that someone from one of the communities would have crossed into the territory before. Anyway, it's a minor thing.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5241 on: March 28, 2019, 11:55:19 pm »
They kinda lobotomised Enid over the last two seasons I thought. She was interesting when first introduced before becoming kinda bland. Pretty poor writing.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5242 on: April 1, 2019, 02:28:08 pm »
That’s was certainly different for  a season ender. Also, different weather!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5243 on: April 1, 2019, 03:42:00 pm »
We watched for the bloodshed and got snowballs and a little bit of light bondage.

Still a good season though and I am looking forward to seeing the people on the other end of the antenna,supposed to be a really big community.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5244 on: April 1, 2019, 10:28:30 pm »
When's it return?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5245 on: April 1, 2019, 10:33:48 pm »
When's it return?

It's usually back around Halloween. FTWD is back in June or July.

BTW, I gave on on that after 4 episodes. DId it end up being any good?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5246 on: April 1, 2019, 10:36:52 pm »
It's usually back around Halloween. FTWD is back in June or July.

BTW, I gave on on that after 4 episodes. DId it end up being any good?
Cheers.

I like FTWD. It's improved as it's gone on. Certainly not worst thing on TV.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5247 on: April 1, 2019, 10:38:06 pm »
I use this to keep up to date with what and when stuff is airing .

https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

Fear is back on June 3rd.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5248 on: April 2, 2019, 08:11:14 am »
Utterly pointless episode.

Are we lead to assume that Alpha raided hilltop with her herd and thats how they a. kidnapped everyone and b. destroyed the gaff?
cyas

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5249 on: April 2, 2019, 09:23:05 am »

Are we lead to assume that Alpha raided hilltop with her herd and thats how they a. kidnapped everyone and b. destroyed the gaff?

I think they abandoned the kingdom a few months Alpha's raid because their heating system broke.

Negan "Father, not the father"  ;D

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5250 on: April 2, 2019, 10:33:29 am »
I think they abandoned the kingdom a few months Alpha's raid because their heating system broke.

Negan "Father, not the father"  ;D
I wasn't paying attention to the first 2 minutes to be honest, but the kingdom looked razed when they left I thought.

Really like Neagans story at the moment - although the set up for him to kill alpha is pretty obvious.
cyas

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5251 on: April 2, 2019, 11:22:58 am »
Not sure why they were so worried about getting lost in the storm as Alexandria has fencing all the way around,same with Dog,he couldn't get out of the compound.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5252 on: April 2, 2019, 11:18:36 pm »

Was half hoping for Rick to be on the radio at the end. That would have been a crafty turn.

Poor episode I thought, they should have ended it with the heads on the spikes scene last week.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5253 on: April 2, 2019, 11:36:21 pm »
Shockingly bad episode.

They could have saved some money by making last weeks episode the season finale and just forgetting this abomination of a 16th episode.

I think the producers got inspired by the GoT episode "Beyond The wall" and said "Let's do our version with zombies in the snow for the season finale".

Up there as one of the worst episodes in TWD history.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5254 on: April 3, 2019, 01:05:29 am »

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 5 Trailer...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XhDemiYIrnA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XhDemiYIrnA</a>

(returns on Sunday 2nd June in the US)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5255 on: April 5, 2019, 12:06:48 am »
Not sure why they were so worried about getting lost in the storm as Alexandria has fencing all the way around,same with Dog,he couldn't get out of the compound.

Exactly. Piss poor writing, but then again, it's TWD. Does something good, then sabotages itself with shite. I agree, the finale should have come the previous week, and ended it with a major character's head on a pike. Someone like Michonne (the actress wants out anyway and would have been a good send off and a decent switcheroo from the comic) or maybe Eugene. Let's face it, he's an annoying fat fucker that's had it coming for ages. Rosita should have been on there too, as her character has been reduced to some shite love triangle bollox. Instead they add an unnecessary scene, and continue on with a full episode of similar pointlessness that adds absolutely nothing to progressing the story. It was good to see snow for the first time, but that should have came way back early on in the series.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5256 on: April 5, 2019, 11:07:20 am »
Ive finally jibbed it, had the whole of the current season recorded, sat down to watch the first one where they were dragging that cart painfully slowly across the cracking glass, whilst standing on said glass, and thought fuck it i'm done. not been back. 

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #5257 on: April 5, 2019, 12:18:19 pm »
Ive finally jibbed it, had the whole of the current season recorded, sat down to watch the first one where they were dragging that cart painfully slowly across the cracking glass, whilst standing on said glass, and thought fuck it i'm done. not been back. 
I'd give the season a go. Yes there are the odd episodes that are a bit shit, but on the whole I thought it was a good season.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5258 on: April 5, 2019, 12:20:25 pm »
That was a pile of shit.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5259 on: April 5, 2019, 02:57:55 pm »
I'd give the season a go. Yes there are the odd episodes that are a bit shit, but on the whole I thought it was a good season.

Don't know if I can get dragged in once I'm out mate

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #5260 on: April 6, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »
Don't know if I can get dragged in once I'm out mate

I'm extremely jealous of your ability to let go of a series.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5261 on: April 7, 2019, 01:53:48 am »
Anyone else feel like the episode before the season finale was more of a season finale than the actual season finale?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5262 on: April 7, 2019, 02:52:15 am »
Anyone else feel like the episode before the season finale was more of a season finale than the actual season finale?

I don’t think either were season finales in the typical WD sense. The previous one had the mad scene at the end, the actual seemed like just another episode. But as many complaints as their half season Enders and season Enders get, I can see why they went for something different.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5263 on: August 30, 2019, 10:34:34 am »
Literally having to watch the 9th series in 10 min chunks as it's so fucking dull.....is there any point at all in trying to get to the end of this season to see if some fat bald unscary chick gets done in????

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5264 on: September 30, 2019, 09:14:41 am »
Back again. Hopefully they step it up.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5265 on: September 30, 2019, 10:21:29 am »
Just curious as I gave up 3 episodes into season 8.. did it ever regain an ounce of quality in the past 2 seasons or is it on its last legs?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #5266 on: September 30, 2019, 10:23:23 am »
Just curious as I gave up 3 episodes into season 8.. did it ever regain an ounce of quality in the past 2 seasons or is it on its last legs?

The penultimate episode of the last season was excellent. Probably better stuff out there to watch though if you gave up in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:27:29 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5267 on: October 6, 2019, 01:20:46 pm »
Does the new series start tonight?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5268 on: October 6, 2019, 02:48:19 pm »
Yup

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5269 on: October 6, 2019, 04:24:36 pm »
Does the new series start tonight?

Is it the last ever one?

Online Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5270 on: October 6, 2019, 05:00:13 pm »
Haha, no chance.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5271 on: October 7, 2019, 03:48:22 am »
Holy shit, what a clanger.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5272 on: October 7, 2019, 02:10:44 pm »
This shit only gets my time now cause there's not much else on. The opening scene on the beach last week with the roman military tactics almost had me fucking it off instantly, though, and the satellite crashing was just...ah, I dunno. It is what it is. Pure shite. The worst thing about it all is there are no clues, hints or plot threads for an end game. It's a TV equivalent of what Limbo is like.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5273 on: October 7, 2019, 03:17:12 pm »
This shit only gets my time now cause there's not much else on. The opening scene on the beach last week with the roman military tactics almost had me fucking it off instantly, though, and the satellite crashing was just...ah, I dunno. It is what it is. Pure shite. The worst thing about it all is there are no clues, hints or plot threads for an end game. It's a TV equivalent of what Limbo is like.

I gave up and just read the ending of the comic series online

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5274 on: October 7, 2019, 05:30:37 pm »

I couldn't believe how bad the writing was in this one, even with the low standards they have set. And it was the showrunner, Angela King, who wrote it. Usually I just roll my eyes and absorb it, because I don't have the strength to stop watching, but fuck's sake was this ever bad.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5275 on: October 7, 2019, 05:34:05 pm »
I gave up and just read the ending of the comic series online
Yeah, and that was absolute dog shit in it's own right too. Like the writer just said "I have no clue what I'm doing here. I've made my millions. I'm bored now, and I can't be arsed. I'll pull a fast one and end it just like this to subvert expectations! It worked for my mate Rian." I literally laughed out loud when I realised that what I was reading was the end. Kirkman's a fraud.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5276 on: October 8, 2019, 10:15:45 pm »
So that was a montage episode of what they've been up to.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #5277 on: October 9, 2019, 01:33:09 am »
Its like Tenko now but with bus stop pensioners (The Zombies)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5278 on: October 9, 2019, 08:27:53 am »
I watched the first few episodes of season 1 and that's about it, the fact it is still going on makes me glad I stopped watching it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #5279 on: October 10, 2019, 01:25:11 pm »
Its like Tenko now but with bus stop pensioners (The Zombies)

Tenko was excellent