Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 127255 times)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #480 on: March 4, 2019, 06:25:33 am »

And panties will be falling off all over the place.

..."So I leave the bridge and go down to Councillor Troy's cabin.  I walk in and she's just gotten out of the shower.  She's naked.  She tries to cover herself up, but it's too late.  I've seen everything.  I've seen it all"
« Last Edit: March 4, 2019, 06:30:56 am by Darren G »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #481 on: March 4, 2019, 07:20:27 am »
Welcome to the world of Graeme Souness
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #482 on: March 4, 2019, 11:03:30 am »
Getting into DS9, currently watching the episode where Kira and Bashir have crossed over to the mirror universe, I like how they referenced the original series where Kirk crossed over.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #483 on: March 9, 2019, 12:48:52 am »
Thought the opening to tonight's episode of discovery was brilliant...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #484 on: March 9, 2019, 01:21:46 am »
Discovery is really good at the moment.
And by coincidence, The Orville has really stepped up a level too.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #485 on: March 9, 2019, 10:45:04 pm »
i concur with the above, both have thrown up some curve balls in different ways, and esp like Star Trek coming full circle to the 60s original series pilot - was awesome
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #486 on: March 9, 2019, 10:47:00 pm »
Watched Galaxy Quest again tonite...funny as fuck...if you haven't you should.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #487 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:15 pm »
The amount of lens flare on Discovery is driving me fucking insane.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: March 12, 2019, 09:45:38 am »
The amount of lens flare on Discovery is driving me fucking insane.

Yeah, they've gone full JJ Abrams this season.  Boss episode though. Episode 8 was one of (if not the) best in the series so far in my opinion. 

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2019, 01:23:49 am »
Season 2 is definitely much better. More episodic than the first. But it's still jarring with me overall. Star Trek doesn't suit being all dark and moody. And I really don't like all the Section 31 guff. Pike is good though.

I hope the Picard series has a different tone. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #490 on: March 15, 2019, 03:39:25 am »
Season 2 is definitely much better. More episodic than the first. But it's still jarring with me overall. Star Trek doesn't suit being all dark and moody. And I really don't like all the Section 31 guff. Pike is good though.

I hope the Picard series has a different tone.

Tonights episode moved the story on a bit.Really enjoyed this season to be honest.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #491 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:12 am »
That took a dark turn.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: March 17, 2019, 12:43:08 pm »
Finally up to date with this.  Mostly enjoyed Season 2 of Discovery so far but the writing sometimes feels a bit sloppy.

For instance, the whole chess callback to get away from the mines.. When the earlier scene was only 5 minutes ago it feels too contrived.

And I find it a bit weird that section 31 well by the whole crew here but when they are on DS9 no one has ever heard of them.

Spoiler
They finally flesh out Lieutenant Commander Reaction-shot, only to immediately kill her off. Could have been so much more powerful if they had used her more earlier.   

Or that they know Spock is innocent from a lie detector test, but immediately afterwards assume Voq's guilt..  hey why not test him!

[close]

Maybe I'm being too fussy but it annoys me a bit while I'm watching. Still, there are plenty of strong points. The balance of the red angle story arc whilst letting each episode have it's own story to tell feels about right. I'm definitely interested enough to keep watching. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:49:14 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: March 17, 2019, 02:06:28 pm »
Finally up to date with this.  Mostly enjoyed Season 2 of Discovery so far but the writing sometimes feels a bit sloppy.

For instance, the whole chess callback to get away from the mines.. When the earlier scene was only 5 minutes ago it feels too contrived.

And I find it a bit weird that section 31 well by the whole crew here but when they are on DS9 no one has ever heard of them.

Spoiler
They finally flesh out Lieutenant Commander Reaction-shot, only to immediately kill her off. Could have been so much more powerful if they had used her more earlier.   

Or that they know Spock is innocent from a lie detector test, but immediately afterwards assume Voq's guilt..  hey why not test him!

[close]

Maybe I'm being too fussy but it annoys me a bit while I'm watching. Still, there are plenty of strong points. The balance of the red angle story arc whilst letting each episode have it's own story to tell feels about right. I'm definitely interested enough to keep watching.

I think that's the point,can't you remember when she first saw the black badge ? and didn't the Admiral bring the tech to test Spock with her and they then had a few other things to do,as he said,Voq was going nowhere.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:12:54 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 31, 2019, 11:01:08 pm »
Fucking hell

Michael Burnhams mum is Virgil Van Dijk.  Didn’t see that coming to be honest.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: March 31, 2019, 11:08:08 pm »
Fucking hell

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 1, 2019, 11:28:12 am »
Fucking hell

There really isn't anything he can't do
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #497 on: April 1, 2019, 12:13:03 pm »
There really isn't anything he can't do

The Red Angel indeed.....

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 6, 2019, 09:11:25 am »
Fucking hell

:lmao Brilliant!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #499 on: April 6, 2019, 09:45:22 am »
"A rare mineral, time crystals"  :lmao  :lmao  :lmao  :lmao

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 6, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »

I know.  It's kinda depressing that people got paid for writing this shit. 

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: April 6, 2019, 04:58:13 pm »

That's not very fair! They're an established part of the lore. It'd like making fun of all the goofy shit in GOT.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 6, 2019, 05:00:51 pm »
That's not very fair! They're an established part of the lore. It'd like making fun of all the goofy shit in GOT.

Yeah tbf that is the English translation from Klingon.It has been a solid season imo.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 6, 2019, 05:12:15 pm »
Yeah tbf that is the English translation from Klingon.It has been a solid season imo.

Yeah I'm not a huge Star Trek fan but it's nice having some big budget sci fi to watch.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #504 on: April 6, 2019, 11:42:52 pm »
I don't know anybody IRL who is still watching this. Is it time to admit it only exists to sell subscriptions to CBS all-access?

Still a couple of S2 episode of the Orville to go btw. If you want actual Star Trek style TV, that is.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: April 7, 2019, 12:09:01 am »
I don't know anybody IRL who is still watching this. Is it time to admit it only exists to sell subscriptions to CBS all-access?

They just added Twilight Zone too, which isn't very good so far but again - sci fi!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #506 on: April 7, 2019, 01:20:19 am »

Still a couple of S2 episode of the Orville to go btw. If you want actual Star Trek style TV, that is.

Watching it on Netflix in the U.K.

I would not pay anything extra for it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 7, 2019, 09:14:09 am »
I’ve really enjoyed it
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #508 on: April 7, 2019, 09:35:34 am »
I’ve really enjoyed it

Yeah me too, much better than first series and stupidly charismatic Pike helps loads

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 7, 2019, 11:49:09 am »
They're an established part of the lore.

They are? I didn't remember hearing of them outside of discovery. It felt a bit too "on the nose" for star trek.

They should be expecting a visit from Temporal Investigations soon!

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 7, 2019, 11:58:29 am »
I haven't really watched much of other Star Trek TV series just all the movies but is this series leading to Control becoming the Borg?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 7, 2019, 12:34:23 pm »
I haven't really watched much of other Star Trek TV series just all the movies but is this series leading to Control becoming the Borg?
Oooh. Good idea
W

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 7, 2019, 01:21:41 pm »

Doesn't the Borg Queen in 'First Contact' say something about them being originally organic and adding the synthetic element over time though?

God, I really hate that I know this stuff.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #513 on: April 8, 2019, 03:16:17 pm »

That's been my thought for a couple of episodes now.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #514 on: April 8, 2019, 03:45:32 pm »
I was thinking more or less the same..

I wonder if there's a relationship between the two.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #515 on: April 8, 2019, 11:42:41 pm »
I was thinking more or less the same..

I wonder if there's a relationship between the two.

Are you setting up a dodgy video with a Giorgio Moroder soundtrack?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 8, 2019, 11:50:36 pm »
The motivation in this case doesn't seem to line up very well for it to be the borg origin, they have been about improving through the races they assimilate.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: April 9, 2019, 11:39:09 am »
I've had a feeling the Borg would come into this, and the timeline sort of fits in. If Control somehow get's jettisoned across to the Delta quadrant, that gives it what, 100 years to get going and get involved in the Next Generation timeline?

In general, Discovery is up and down. The stuff with the spore drive, Stamets & his relationship is fucking horrendous (and no not because he is gay, but because its boring AF). Burnham is IMO not a great central character, and am still wondering how they can tie her existence into 50+ years of Star Trek cannon with no mention of Spock's sister (unless via more alternative timeline shenanigans) although I think the actress is fine. The human/Klingon guy was getting tiresome but they've eased off that conflict a bit.

Pike is the highlight and his scenes in Episode 12 were for me some of the best in the history of Star Trek. The look of the show is also good (esp now the Klingon's seem to be starting to look like cannon-Klingons), and I don't mind the general over-arching plot of Season 2.

If they could do a soft-reboot of this with Pike as the focus, no fucking spore drive, and Burnham as a capable human raised by Vulcan's but NOT Spock's sister, the show could be vastly improved IMO. In fact, make it TOS in the years before Kirk took over.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #518 on: April 9, 2019, 12:06:16 pm »

I actually like Discovery and think S2 has been solid, Mount as Pike makes a big difference for me, he has "gravitas" as they say... very good actor at least in this role, I've not seen him in anything else.

I've had a feeling the Borg would come into this, and the timeline sort of fits in. If Control somehow get's jettisoned across to the Delta quadrant, that gives it what, 100 years to get going and get involved in the Next Generation timeline?

The Borg Collective already exists in Discovery timeline unless this ends up being alternate universe stuff but if not, canonically they already exist - 2063 was when they went back in TNG episodes to try and assimilate humans.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2019, 12:12:00 pm by PhilV »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 9, 2019, 05:03:39 pm »

In general, Discovery is up and down. The stuff with the spore drive, Stamets & his relationship is fucking horrendous (and no not because he is gay, but because its boring AF). Burnham is IMO not a great central character, and am still wondering how they can tie her existence into 50+ years of Star Trek cannon with no mention of Spock's sister (unless via more alternative timeline shenanigans) although I think the actress is fine. The human/Klingon guy was getting tiresome but they've eased off that conflict a bit.

Pike is the highlight and his scenes in Episode 12 were for me some of the best in the history of Star Trek. The look of the show is also good (esp now the Klingon's seem to be starting to look like cannon-Klingons), and I don't mind the general over-arching plot of Season 2.

If they could do a soft-reboot of this with Pike as the focus, no fucking spore drive, and Burnham as a capable human raised by Vulcan's but NOT Spock's sister, the show could be vastly improved IMO. In fact, make it TOS in the years before Kirk took over.

I think the actress who plays Burnham is good 90% of the time but is just fucking weird the other 10%. The scene where she hits the baldy twice for the death of her parents is some of the worst overacting I've seen in years.

I think she's going to save her mom who in turn saves herself and her dad and the timeline adjusts so she never meets Spock.

Hey Claus, fuck off.