Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2056385 times)

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #14560 on: May 27, 2020, 05:06:28 pm »
The club could have spared us all of this nonsense if they had just engaged their brains for once and made a decision about the credits and released that info in the communication about the refunds.

Ultimately whatever they do will end up pissing someone off, I just hope it isn't me. The people calling for loyalty to be based off more than one seasons worth of games only do so because it won't impact them.

Yours - a member of 10 years, with 12 credits from this season (13 if you count Villa) and 6 from the season before. No guesses for what I want to happen but more than anything else I'd just like the club to put is all out of our misery  :wave
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline JoeKopite

• Kemlynite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #14561 on: May 27, 2020, 05:33:28 pm »
How this is a good idea?  They can keep the credit for the last 4 games, but if they decide not to do that, 15 games are enough to decide. They can just lower the credits or the next season (+10 or +11).
I bought for my 8 years old son 17 tickets this season (I didnt buy the ticket just fo Everton and Chelsea) Some in the bulk sale, some in the  local sale and I even spent loads of money for few hospitality. 2 years ago he didnt have any because he was too young. Why should  he miss out next season?

Definitely agree mate. I'm in the same boat, this season managed to get 16 tickets out of 19 and attended 13/15 games.
In my view 15 matches are enough for making a sale scale next season

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14562 on: May 27, 2020, 05:52:24 pm »
The club could have spared us all of this nonsense if they had just engaged their brains for once and made a decision about the credits and released that info in the communication about the refunds.

Ultimately whatever they do will end up pissing someone off, I just hope it isn't me. The people calling for loyalty to be based off more than one seasons worth of games only do so because it won't impact them.

Yours - a member of 10 years, with 12 credits from this season (13 if you count Villa) and 6 from the season before. No guesses for what I want to happen but more than anything else I'd just like the club to put is all out of our misery  :wave

It's going to be a year or so before anyone is allowed at a game. Given the fact nobody knows exactly when fans will be allowed back to games, how do you expect them to release details of how they'll implement selling criteria?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14563 on: May 27, 2020, 05:54:35 pm »
How this is a good idea?  They can keep the credit for the last 4 games, but if they decide not to do that, 15 games are enough to decide. They can just lower the credits or the next season (+10 or +11).
I bought for my 8 years old son 17 tickets this season (I didnt buy the ticket just fo Everton and Chelsea) Some in the bulk sale, some in the  local sale and I even spent loads of money for few hospitality. 2 years ago he didnt have any because he was too young. Why should  he miss out next season?

Just because it isnt fair on you as an individual, it doesn't mean it isnt a good idea. There will be literally hundreds of people that wont be happy regardless of whatever decision is made. It's simply impossible that everyone will be satisfied.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14564 on: May 27, 2020, 06:05:47 pm »
It's going to be a year or so before anyone is allowed at a game. Given the fact nobody knows exactly when fans will be allowed back to games, how do you expect them to release details of how they'll implement selling criteria?

Yeah that's a fair comment. They could have commented on the credits relating to games being played behind closed doors bit mind.

Dunno. Just want an answer really so I can get on with my life.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #14565 on: May 27, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »
Just because it isnt fair on you as an individual, it doesn't mean it isnt a good idea. There will be literally hundreds of people that wont be happy regardless of whatever decision is made. It's simply impossible that everyone will be satisfied.

I know that not everyone will be satisfiesd, no matter if you give the credits or not for the last 4 games. But in case they won't, 15 are enough to make a decision for how many credits you need for next year. I could understant to take into consideration the season that we played 2 years ago if we would have played 3 or 4 for games but not if we've played 75% of our home games

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14566 on: May 27, 2020, 06:14:32 pm »
I know that not everyone will be satisfiesd, no matter if you give the credits or not for the last 4 games. But in case they won't, 15 are enough to make a decision for how many credits you need for next year. I could understant to take into consideration the season that we played 2 years ago if we would have played 3 or 4 for games but not if we've played 75% of our home games

It might be enough, it might not be. No one knows.

Offline JoeKopite

• Kemlynite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #14567 on: May 27, 2020, 06:18:09 pm »

I think that 10+ for the first step of members sale would be quite fair for both historic members with criteria and those who could get full credits only this year. But obviously every kind of decision can be criticised

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14568 on: May 27, 2020, 06:20:41 pm »
How is that cheating? It's the club who set the criteria and he's done nothing wrong.

its not cheating but I can see where he’s coming from as it’s a different class of ticket and the loyalty should be based on the class of ticket

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14569 on: May 27, 2020, 06:27:35 pm »
I think that 10+ for the first step of members sale would be quite fair for both historic members with criteria and those who could get full credits only this year. But obviously every kind of decision can be criticised

We've no idea how many members have 10+. If 5k is held over for the guaranteed sale, they need to make a decision based on the lowest they can go to to guarantee everyone a ticket. That could even be 14 given that its possible more people are on 13 now than last season.
Regardless, we're likely months away from having any information about sales criteria for when supporters are allowed back in the stadium.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #14570 on: May 27, 2020, 07:10:58 pm »
We've no idea how many members have 10+. If 5k is held over for the guaranteed sale, they need to make a decision based on the lowest they can go to to guarantee everyone a ticket. That could even be 14 given that its possible more people are on 13 now than last season.
Regardless, we're likely months away from having any information about sales criteria for when supporters are allowed back in the stadium.

Been at least 70% of the tickets sold in the first sale (13+) in the last 2-3 seasons. The 50% did only apply on the first 1-2 seasons!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #14571 on: May 27, 2020, 07:24:19 pm »
do you actually think there's a couple thousand on 10-13, especially considering some of the late sales have been torture, it'll be a couple hundred at most and all would've been accommodated had they got to 13, the fact thats been taken away from them isn't fair

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14572 on: May 27, 2020, 07:25:21 pm »
its not cheating but I can see where he’s coming from as it’s a different class of ticket and the loyalty should be based on the class of ticket
it's not cheating because the club allow it but in theory they really shouldn't

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14573 on: May 27, 2020, 07:26:04 pm »
Ahhh I’ve missed arguments over theoretical sale and credit criteria.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14574 on: May 27, 2020, 07:26:40 pm »
the issue is that if they don't give credits for the last 4 there will be people who might have 9 but had the last 4, thats why 9 seems like a reasonable number but it all depends on the actual ticket figures which no one even has a clue on

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14575 on: May 27, 2020, 07:27:23 pm »
Ahhh I’ve missed arguments over theoretical sale and credit criteria.
I can see this going round and round in circles for the next couple months, we won't know for ages

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14576 on: May 27, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
it's not cheating because the club allow it but in theory they really shouldn't
yup, them the rules as they say but they’re shit rules and I can’t blame anyone for taking advantage of it if they can afford some corporates as the hassle of getting tickets is a massive arse

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #14577 on: May 27, 2020, 07:55:08 pm »
I can see this going round and round in circles for the next couple months, we won't know for ages

Exactly. This is the thing doing my head in more than anything.

At least with the constant refreshing you felt like you were building towards an outcome. This waiting around is a right ballache

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14578 on: May 27, 2020, 08:14:56 pm »
do you actually think there's a couple thousand on 10-13, especially considering some of the late sales have been torture, it'll be a couple hundred at most and all would've been accommodated had they got to 13, the fact thats been taken away from them isn't fair

As I said, we've no idea how many people are on 10+. There is no guarantee any single one of them would've got any more tickets to take them to 13.
Isn't fair? A few hundred thousand people dying over the last 6 months isn't fair. Some people will lose out on being guaranteed tickets. Boo fucking hoo. They're still alive aren't they?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14579 on: May 27, 2020, 08:23:08 pm »
Alright, no-ones comparing getting tickets to people dying ffs

Chill it out

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14580 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »
Alright, no-ones comparing getting tickets to people dying ffs

Chill it out

Oh, the boss has spoken. Sorry. Will ask for your permission what can be posted in future.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14581 on: May 27, 2020, 08:25:41 pm »
yup, them the rules as they say but they’re shit rules and I can’t blame anyone for taking advantage of it if they can afford some corporates as the hassle of getting tickets is a massive arse
spot on, club should close this avenue soon

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14582 on: May 27, 2020, 08:26:02 pm »
Oh, the boss has spoken. Sorry. Will ask for your permission what can be posted in future.

Are you ok?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14583 on: May 27, 2020, 08:27:44 pm »
As I said, we've no idea how many people are on 10+. There is no guarantee any single one of them would've got any more tickets to take them to 13.
Isn't fair? A few hundred thousand people dying over the last 6 months isn't fair. Some people will lose out on being guaranteed tickets. Boo fucking hoo. They're still alive aren't they?
fucking come off it mate, if you were in my situation on 12 and having to decide where to live the rest of your life, you'd be fighting this argument too, no one is talking about life and death here ffs, tickets kers are so hard to come by, reaching the guaranteed number is a ticket for life too, it means a fucking lot

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14584 on: May 27, 2020, 08:30:03 pm »
Exactly. This is the thing doing my head in more than anything.

At least with the constant refreshing you felt like you were building towards an outcome. This waiting around is a right ballache
yes there was always a new game coming up or something new happening, with this it's just a waiting game until well we really don't know

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14585 on: May 27, 2020, 08:34:54 pm »
fucking come off it mate, if you were in my situation on 12 and having to decide where to live the rest of your life, you'd be fighting this argument too, no one is talking about life and death here ffs, tickets kers are so hard to come by, reaching the guaranteed number is a ticket for life too, it means a fucking lot

I certainly wouldn't be making a decision on where to live for the rest of my life based on whether I can watch a game of football.
Thousands of people have died because of a global pandemic, and you're saying it's not fair that you didn't get the opportunity to get a ticket to a game of football. It's ridiculous.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14586 on: May 27, 2020, 08:35:27 pm »
Are you ok?

Yes boss. I'm fine thank you. If I need anything I'll be sure to ask.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14587 on: May 27, 2020, 08:45:15 pm »
I certainly wouldn't be making a decision on where to live for the rest of my life based on whether I can watch a game of football.
Thousands of people have died because of a global pandemic, and you're saying it's not fair that you didn't get the opportunity to get a ticket to a game of football. It's ridiculous.
yes on the "members sale" part of a football forum I will complain lol but anyway I can't live in Northern Ireland and go to 25 games a year, not apologising for trying to enjoy literally the only tying I find enjoyment in
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:52:51 am by TeddyTime33 »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14588 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:32 pm »
Yes boss. I'm fine thank you. If I need anything I'll be sure to ask.

You dont seem ok. Please do, if somethings eating you. PMs are always open

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #14589 on: May 27, 2020, 10:11:02 pm »

At least 6 months or more...

I wonder if they'll lift sporting event viewing restrictions gradually.  Like limit the amount of people allowed in a ground, don't allow over 60's, spacing between people (almost impossible to manage at a football ground!).  If that happens then that'll cause all sorts of issues with peoples credits!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14590 on: May 28, 2020, 01:54:04 am »
At least 6 months or more...

I wonder if they'll lift sporting event viewing restrictions gradually.  Like limit the amount of people allowed in a ground, don't allow over 60's, spacing between people (almost impossible to manage at a football ground!).  If that happens then that'll cause all sorts of issues with peoples credits!
if you halfed the Anfield capacity you'd barely get all the STH in, but it's something the club will have to consider if that's a route thats allowed, I think it should be full stadium or behind closed doors though

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14591 on: May 28, 2020, 08:09:29 am »
He's already on +17, and even withouth the last 4 games, he will be on +14 anyway. I don't think it'll be fair if he misses out next season. I don't get it why they should count credits from 2 years ago, as someone suggested in this post

Ok.... so someone who has been on 13+ for lets say 2/3/4/5/6/7 years, has 13 or 14 credits this season but that includes all 4 remaining games

The club can't drop it down to 9, 10, or 11 because there simply is not enough seats available to accommodate the number that will qualify and leave some left over for the ballots, yet most on 13+ from previous seasons will have bought 14 or 15 of the current games so far as they were guaranteed them except Sheffield

The club cant then honor everyone's tickets bought so far, because then people on 12 credits missing the 4 remaining ones will kick off that they have not had the chance to try get it up, and they cant 'give them the benefit of the doubt' and give them credits for them on the off chance they secure one

People will miss out for sure, i just hope its not the ones who have been in the 13+ club for a while when there will be others will get in because they took advantage of the hospo loop hole (thats not your fault its there and this has happened, i did the same for CL) but those 13+ 'veterans' need looking after, which is why i suggested over 2 seasons as they do with cup competitions

Basing it off the two seasons doesn't benefit me at all I will have my ticket regardless, in fact it hinders most of the people i go to the match with but i think it is the fairest option overall

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14592 on: May 28, 2020, 09:27:30 am »
Don't think we'll hear anything on credits until well into the new year to be honest. There's no rush from the clubs perspective as there's currently no renewals and who knows under what circumstances supporters will be permitted back to Anfield. Until the latter is clear, there's nothing to be gained from the club jumping the gun.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14593 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33:04 am »
They work out credits when they need to. At the moment they don't need to. I'd not expect any form of update unless they get badgered.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14594 on: May 28, 2020, 09:37:39 am »
They wont be able to give any answers until they know when and how many games of the season there will be fans allowed in for.

If you’re basing your living arrangements off it I understand the urgency, otherwise I’m just taking the positive of my credit card having a rest for a while.

If I’m not guaranteed after the last couple of years when it comes to it then I’ll sack it off altogether until my unborn kid wants to start going to be honest

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #14595 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:15 am »
If you’re basing your living arrangements off it I understand the urgency, otherwise I’m just taking the positive of my credit card having a rest for a while.

I'm loving it, saving a fortune!

Averaging about 50 games a season. Food, drink, buses, taxis, trains, planes and tickets average out at about £120 a game over the season and that's with Young Adult tickets, got to pay adult from next season  :butt

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14596 on: May 28, 2020, 10:11:51 am »
I'm loving it, saving a fortune!

Averaging about 50 games a season. Food, drink, buses, taxis, trains, planes and tickets average out at about £120 a game over the season and that's with Young Adult tickets, got to pay adult from next season  :butt

My costs average out around £100 a game, and I only live 45 minutes away!

Wow, you're a lot younger than I thought then, haha.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14597 on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:53 am »
They wont be able to give any answers until they know when and how many games of the season there will be fans allowed in for.

If I’m not guaranteed after the last couple of years when it comes to it then I’ll sack it off altogether until my unborn kid wants to start going to be honest
you reached 13 mate I wouldn't worry about it

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14598 on: May 28, 2020, 11:16:20 am »
Over 2 seasons looks to be the fairest on paper and can see it being the one they go with, doesn't help me at all BTW, being 1 game off would be a kick in the teeth but maybe its life trying to tell me something, if they do same with UCL I'd be very annoyed then, if I could stay on cup ladders it's at least some consolation

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14599 on: May 28, 2020, 11:21:07 am »
you reached 13 mate I wouldn't worry about it

But only 12 the year before and 0 year before that.

I know I should be ok, but if they do start using multiple season's worth of credits I might be in trouble.