Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3300581 times)

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
Re: The Anfield Wrap....
« Reply #240 on: September 5, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »
What's football weekly? The Mac has been at the garage for months being looked at by the whoppers at Apple, but TAW is my first podcast subscription. I still don't know how it all works, I'm just glad that all my music hasn't gone. I'm hoping I get some sort of notification from iTunes or summat.

But I'm absolutely sure that TAW fellas will be delighted that one listner..no, subscriber, pressed pause a while in to listen to Radio 5's, Monday Night Football Fun Club, with Motty and Claridgy et al, because, bath time for child happened, and he turned on radio 5 upstairs and there was Capello talking about Carroll and I was like you fucking what?! I was Mr Indignation. It's on pause till tomorrow morning... a bonus to find one this week tho. 

We prefer the term 'user', makes it sound like you're addicted then
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #241 on: September 6, 2011, 07:15:48 am »
Glad this seems to be taking off for you guys. Really been enjoying the articles on the website too. Finally getting chance to catch up with the new podcast. Makes for a good start to the week.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 5yearplan

• Main Stander
  • If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans
« Reply #242 on: September 6, 2011, 06:52:30 pm »
Just finished listening to this weeks musings on the transfer window, Arsenal, Harry and the up coming Stoke Game, not to mention of course some well needed publicity for the "Don't buy the Sun" concert  and I would like to say - Excellent

Informed, thoughtful and just plain good listening.
Download it, you wont be sorry  8)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #243 on: September 6, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »
i love it.  a lot of football related joy given that its an international break. 

i know you have to keep it focused but i'd be up for the discussion going wider. 

please keep it up its brilliant.

Offline CaptainBeefheart

• Vliet of foot - in fact he is fast and bulbous
  • Anny Roader
  • S.O.S.
« Reply #244 on: September 6, 2011, 08:51:39 pm »
Another thumbs up for the podcast.  I look forward to it on a Monday now.

It's basically a more civilised version of a bunch of reds down an alehouse (that serves cake).

Well in.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 6, 2011, 09:34:01 pm »
Can I just listen to podcasts on my comp without fiddling with the ipod?
Yes mate.

Offline Stevie07

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: September 6, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »
It's great having a regular Liverpool focused podcast, look forward to hearing this each week now.

As a side note it's good to hear reds talk about players/tactics as opposed to owners trying to rip the heart out of the club. It feels like the club as moved on so much in the past year.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #247 on: September 6, 2011, 09:54:00 pm »
It's great having a regular Liverpool focused podcast

Yep, fills a niche that needed to be filled.

Good work lads.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #248 on: September 6, 2011, 10:41:44 pm »
Can I just listen to podcasts on my comp without fiddling with the ipod?

Yes. Every week you can "Download Directly" and it will be stored in which ever folder you downloaded it too. Just double click and listen on the PC - that's what I've been doing. Alternatively if you have iTunes you can subscribe and download it automatically each week, but navigate to "podcasts" and then load up the Anfield Wrap and double click the latest one.

Hope that helps.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #249 on: September 6, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
We prefer the term 'user', makes it sound like you're addicted then

Id imagine its not at the top of your 'to-do' list mate, but did you find out any details regarding the Mic's used to record the podcast ?
Cheers.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #250 on: September 6, 2011, 10:55:59 pm »
The only suggestion I can give, which is a bit of a pedantic one, is to give the episodes a standardised name, three different types of name so far. Just makes it look a bit more professional (e.g how they are named in iTunes)
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 6, 2011, 10:56:45 pm »
It is going to be interesting to see where the uber pumped up Gerrard is going to 'fit in' indeed. Interesting point about him taking over Dereks minutes... I'd be surprised by that I have to say... am sure there will be lots of switching, some games he plays wide, some central, but I think it'll mostly be central. I'd really enjoy seeing him on the right again I have to say... but it is very near that corner flag, so that's a worry,and I thought we'd bought someone to cure us of all that. (smiley)

'TMS for the underclass'? Where are the pigeons? Where are the buses? TMS my arse.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 7, 2011, 07:40:41 am »
Id imagine its not at the top of your 'to-do' list mate, but did you find out any details regarding the Mic's used to record the podcast ?
Cheers.

I asked, alas our usual studio guy wasn't in but I've dropped him an email
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 7, 2011, 07:41:36 am »
The only suggestion I can give, which is a bit of a pedantic one, is to give the episodes a standardised name, three different types of name so far. Just makes it look a bit more professional (e.g how they are named in iTunes)

We had a chat about that this week, we've settled on a format now, just essentially tinkering with a few things to find out what is best fit

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #254 on: September 7, 2011, 09:50:15 am »
This weeks was a good one, no doubt. Started brilliantly with the Savage rant and went on from there. The last couple were a little 'vanilla' imho but this one had some insightful views and lively well thought out debate.

I do think less is more regarding numbers. Great stuff lads.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 7, 2011, 02:47:14 pm »
What's football weekly?

Football Weekly is The Guardian's podcast. I've listened to it a few times and it's pretty good.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #256 on: September 7, 2011, 02:55:24 pm »
I asked, alas our usual studio guy wasn't in but I've dropped him an email

Genuinely nice of you to do that mate.
Thanks.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 7, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »
Genuinely nice of you to do that mate.
Thanks.

No worries mate

In other news, just had a quick look at the charts, not bad for four lads and an idea eh?

Nice one to everyone who keeps it going by downloading and listening

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 7, 2011, 03:22:42 pm »
No worries mate

In other news, just had a quick look at the charts, not bad for four lads and an idea eh?

Great work lads!
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 7, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »
Great to see it's doing so well. Just listened to the latest episode today. As always, excellent.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #260 on: September 7, 2011, 03:58:00 pm »
Brilliant!  Superb stuff from all involved.  Enjoyed every one so far.

Keep up the good work ;D
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #261 on: September 7, 2011, 04:24:52 pm »
great work lads - like a few other have said when they saw it was an hour long i thought it may drag on a bit - but if anything the opposite is true and you want a bit more :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Johnny C

• Kopite
« Reply #262 on: September 7, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »
TAW quickly became required weekly listening for me on this side of the pond.  Really great format (including the duration).

If I had one suggestion it would be to help listeners figure out who is who when everyone is talking.  Personally I can't understand who is saying what, but it's all good.  Maybe a brief Audio file under the names on the website would help us get familiar with the voices.  Maybe a very brief description of the conversation and who is raising which points would be helpful.  Anyway, just a thought...

For what it's worth I particularly liked this week's podcast (9.5.11).  It was the best so far.  Among other things, it was refreshing to hear you guys mix it up a bit and talk about Arsenal (even though one of you took the easy way out and segued into a play-to-the-crowd Hicks comparison and simply blamed the greedy Americans for all the Gunners' woes).  It was a solid discussion and brought up some v good questions (i.e. behind the scenes mystery issues) and points (i.e. Wegner losing it after Dean left).

*  And IMO the discussion about Gerrard coming back and his role(s) should be required listening for everyone on RAWK.

Keep up the great work...  ~  JC

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 7, 2011, 09:25:00 pm »
Great stuff this, thoroughly enoyable! Wish it was twice a week like Football weekly!
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 7, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »
boss podcast this, regular listening for me from now on

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #265 on: September 7, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »
Best one so far this week lads. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the Savage rant at the start had me in stitches!

Can understand why people are suggesting putting names to voices but I reckon regular listeners would pick them up over time, I can definitely tell a number of them after a few weeks listening.
......and could he play!

royhendo

« Reply #266 on: September 7, 2011, 10:28:10 pm »
Number 2 in the hit parade now. Amazing!

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 7, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »
Incredible, really. Someone pinch me?

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
« Reply #268 on: September 7, 2011, 10:40:38 pm »
Top class podcast. Loved every single one but I thought this one was the best. Really enjoy the interesting views and the humour involved. It's so refreshing. Also diggin' the scouse accent.  ;D

royhendo

« Reply #269 on: September 7, 2011, 11:12:27 pm »
It needs more varied accents really ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #270 on: September 7, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »
It needs more varied accents really ;D

With all due respect Roy, I hardly think anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club really wants to hear a Scottish accent do you?

Great work all of you - fantastic to see it doing so well. What kind of numbers does it take to get up to number 2?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #271 on: September 8, 2011, 12:33:56 am »
With all due respect Roy, I hardly think anyone connected with Liverpool Football Club really wants to hear a Scottish accent do you?

I want to hear Roy and his mellifluous Tayside tones. 'Fans all over the world' remember.

No, it's a good show. Brilliant that it's taken off like this. Such little disagreement though! It ain't like being down at the pub in that respect.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 8, 2011, 12:40:11 am »
Number 2 in the hit parade now. Amazing!

Incredible, really. Someone pinch me?

Brilliant work lads, what's the "hit parade"?

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
« Reply #273 on: September 8, 2011, 01:33:19 am »
It's actually unreal...

I didn't want it to end. Complete heaven as I impatiently await the match on Saturday.

Rawk is great,

but having such top top contributors chatting about the pool for a full hour is just a joy. So professionally done, well hosted, great banter, I could go on. A definite for me every week for the season.

:scarf

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #274 on: September 8, 2011, 01:47:49 am »

Brilliant work lads, what's the "hit parade"?

Whats the Hit Parade ?
So Young.

Offline Semaphore

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: September 8, 2011, 02:43:42 am »
A lifelong red, I went to live in Oz 4 years ago.

I love a really good football podcast, and The Anfield Wrap is now my firm favourite.
I also like Football Weekly and The BBC's World football phone-in. (Tim Vikery and Andy Brassell talk with genuine knowledge)

Thankfully I no longer have to listen to the crap "Matter of Life and Death" podcast. A group of men who seemingly know very little about Liverpool, or football in general for that matter, spending an hour talking about themselves and 5 minutes talking about Liverpool stuff they've read in the papers!!!

If I was to suggest a minor tweak to TAW podcast, it would be this:
Because there are many voices talking at once it can be hard to follow. Perhaps increasing the role of the moderater in the debate would improve the sense of order and direction. And like the guy above said, occasionaly mentioning the name of the person when asking the question would be helpful while we all try to learn the different voices and accents.

These are just minor points though, because it's by far and away the best thing available at the moment.

Thanks for making it

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 8, 2011, 02:54:12 am »
Its enjoyable and I now understand almost 90% of the accents!

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #277 on: September 8, 2011, 03:26:06 am »
Glad to see this taking off as I'm probably guaranteed to hear more episodes. Delightful to hear that Scouse accent on my commute into New York City in the morning.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 8, 2011, 04:07:09 am »
thoroughly enjoyed that.  will have to listen to the first four to catch up.  well done to all involved. 

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #279 on: September 8, 2011, 05:02:58 am »
No worries mate

#2 in the charts AND The La's on the playlist!
We are Liverpool!