Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304385 times)

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #19840 on: January 5, 2019, 03:06:15 pm »
Mel Reddy....  :butt

Same tune year in year out, same tune podcast after podcast "Liverpool were OUTSTANDINNNG" "Salah is AMAZINNNG" Constantly on about how Pep is afraid of klopp and how City are afraid of Liverpool, just sound bite after sound bite, Prefer the likes of Paul Senior and Mike Neven who talk rationally about a game, the good and the bad bits
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19841 on: January 5, 2019, 03:19:43 pm »
First afq of the year is a belter. Great line up
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #19842 on: January 5, 2019, 04:23:30 pm »
Thought the Pink was better than The Pint this time.

Don`t think we played very well at all. Think Klopp chose the wrong midfield and got more wrong than usual.

We`re still in it, but it was still very much a wasted opportunity.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19843 on: January 5, 2019, 05:09:20 pm »
First afq of the year is a belter. Great line up

Only heard as far as the time travel question so far but that cracked me up.

“Bollocko” should definitely be used more in day to day conversation!

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
  • With a Liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #19844 on: January 6, 2019, 03:42:24 am »
Mel Reddy....  :butt

Same tune year in year out, same tune podcast after podcast "Liverpool were OUTSTANDINNNG" "Salah is AMAZINNNG" Constantly on about how Pep is afraid of klopp and how City are afraid of Liverpool, just sound bite after sound bite, Prefer the likes of Paul Senior and Mike Neven who talk rationally about a game, the good and the bad bits
Have to say I’m on Paul Seniors side. While we didn’t get the rub of the green, I don’t think we played well - our passing was poor, City were the better team and probably deserved it.

TAW has focused too much on how we affected City, how worried they were, how hard they worked, the fucking grass, how they didn’t play their usual slick football. It’s like this is some kind of victory in itself. Whatever City did, it worked and they won.

I get trying to take some positives out of it, but there are two sides. Maybe some analysis of the selection of Milner, why none of our midfield moved right to stop the overload, how well Robertson and Fabinho played, etc., as in more about LFC.

Mel Reddy is too predictable on there now, it’s like she’s afraid to criticise anyone in case she loses her Klopp access.

I like the pod, but I’ve a few friends who don’t think it’s balanced anymore. Gutmann and Senior are the only ones who dare to suggest it didn’t work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19845 on: January 6, 2019, 09:16:45 am »
Have to say I’m on Paul Seniors side. While we didn’t get the rub of the green, I don’t think we played well - our passing was poor, City were the better team and probably deserved it.

TAW has focused too much on how we affected City, how worried they were, how hard they worked, the fucking grass, how they didn’t play their usual slick football. It’s like this is some kind of victory in itself. Whatever City did, it worked and they won.

I get trying to take some positives out of it, but there are two sides. Maybe some analysis of the selection of Milner, why none of our midfield moved right to stop the overload, how well Robertson and Fabinho played, etc., as in more about LFC.

Mel Reddy is too predictable on there now, it’s like she’s afraid to criticise anyone in case she loses her Klopp access.

I like the pod, but I’ve a few friends who don’t think it’s balanced anymore. Gutmann and Senior are the only ones who dare to suggest it didn’t work.

54/63 points this season means it’s been record breakingly good. The positive assessment by many contributors is a reflection of the wonderful season Liverpool are having. What balance are you looking for against this stunning backdrop? It’s an unparalleled start to a season. Are your friends hoping for additional negativity?

Thursday’s game against City was fascinating due to City’s approach and the fact Pep adjusts more than usual when playing Liverpool. This is worthy of comment as it indicates what a threat Liverpool are to Pep’s team. While City edged the game it was a victory of small margins. This reflects most contributors’ assessment. I personally thought Senior was too strong with his Trent analysis. Gutmann was a lot more circumspect and Neil was prodding the discussion along sensibly. It was just the Pink so expecting a more detailed analysis of key elements is unlikely.

On a broader point, the first genuine setback of the season has been met quite badly by certain sections of the fanbase.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #19846 on: January 6, 2019, 09:19:02 am »
Any reason why Anfield Wrap removed their latest 'Final Take' Youtube video?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19847 on: January 6, 2019, 09:20:56 am »
Any reason why Anfield Wrap removed their latest 'Final Take' Youtube video?
Pretty sure because it went viral after some City fans made hay with the long grass comment.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19848 on: January 6, 2019, 09:21:32 am »

On a broader point, the first genuine setback of the season has been met quite badly by certain sections of the fanbase.

Did anyone think it wouldn't?

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #19849 on: January 6, 2019, 09:23:46 am »
Pretty sure because it went viral after some City fans made hay with the long grass comment.

Yeah, that's what I heard as well.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19850 on: January 6, 2019, 09:26:33 am »
Did anyone think it wouldn't?
You’d think the 54/63 points thing would afford the team a bit more leeway, even amongst the whoppers.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19851 on: January 6, 2019, 10:44:30 am »
Spot on...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19852 on: January 6, 2019, 10:53:27 am »
Saw Robbo and the Johnno twins on the posy match pint and agreed totally, Fan base is split between those that saw it as a pre ordained disaster because of Klopp playing the wrong midfield three and those who understand football.

Kloppp put a bit of energy in the midfield to keep it tight then was going to bring the  creativity on when city had punched themselves out, but fine margins between two fantastic teams meant an Aguerro wonder goal,  a ball coming off the post and then being 12mm from being a goal and luckily going through Salahs legs meant, it wasn't a Klopp masterclass but a Guardiola one. The Sane goal was when we were in the ascendancy and going for a second and could of easily bounced out, Fine margins decide that game, thought we played it well

The main thing to take out of this, is last year we had to raise our game to beat them, this year they had to raise their game to beat us. It's not about 43642 or any random tactical numbers,  That game shows we are their peers now, don't bottle it and the league is ours.

Don't get the mel Reddy nonsense either, love listening to her, just because you're miserable doesn't mean your analysis is spot on, not with this team, we're improving with every game, Klopps rope a dope nearly came off blaming a bent City post has as much credibility than any pseudo tactical bollocks ;)

Exactly how I saw it as well, fine fine margins decided the game.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19853 on: January 6, 2019, 11:08:51 am »
*Bookmarks page for the next time someone says everyone agrees all the time on The Anfield Wrap*

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19854 on: January 6, 2019, 11:36:09 am »
*Bookmarks page for the next time someone says everyone agrees all the time on The Anfield Wrap*
Ha.

I think some believe discord should be more overt rather than individuals giving different perspectives. ‘Balance’ must manifest itself in two opposing sides taking swipes. In truth, disagreements on TAW often emerge subtly from discussions without a handbag in sight.

This isn’t TalkSPORT or Twitter where ‘winning’ the argument is an end in and of itself.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19855 on: January 6, 2019, 12:12:59 pm »

Best thing to do with long grass I guess.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19856 on: January 6, 2019, 12:21:43 pm »
As if. I heard there are two camps who barely speak to one another and it goes off  regularly if certain individuals are on the same show.  Never mind the PR who do you have to keep apart?

Ignore blue taxi drivers.
No time for caution.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19857 on: January 6, 2019, 12:55:23 pm »
Best thing to do with long grass I guess.
I set them up, you...

;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19858 on: January 6, 2019, 01:38:03 pm »
That review show was absolutely excellent..

Rodgers gave some really interesting insights...  good to see Gutmann compare it, you need some positivity after the result..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
« Reply #19859 on: January 6, 2019, 05:33:41 pm »
You’d think the 54/63 points thing would afford the team a bit more leeway, even amongst the whoppers.
In the context of the season, yes of course. There is no division there. The context here was the review of this game.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #19860 on: January 7, 2019, 12:33:05 pm »
Anyone else find it strange when opposition fans refer to their team as 'they' or 'them'.  There's a few that do it but Dave Mooney did it quite a lot when previewing the City game, just find it odd.  Some of the local journalists do it which makes sense if they cover a team they might not support, but for fans to do it just doesn't seem right.

Whenever I talk about Liverpool it's 'us', 'we' etc, as do the majority of the contributors.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19861 on: January 7, 2019, 12:45:22 pm »
Anyone else find it strange when opposition fans refer to their team as 'they' or 'them'.  There's a few that do it but Dave Mooney did it quite a lot when previewing the City game, just find it odd.  Some of the local journalists do it which makes sense if they cover a team they might not support, but for fans to do it just doesn't seem right.

Whenever I talk about Liverpool it's 'us', 'we' etc, as do the majority of the contributors.

It strikes me as being desperate to look neutral and balanced.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19862 on: January 7, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »

Fitzy agrees that this is odd, he doesn't care for this type of detachment.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19863 on: January 8, 2019, 09:18:44 am »
Is The Rider not coming back then?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19864 on: January 8, 2019, 02:47:54 pm »
I definitely need to watch more of the video content. Adam Melia and Ben Johnno brilliant today  ;D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19865 on: January 8, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »
I definitely need to watch more of the video content. Adam Melia and Ben Johnno brilliant today  ;D

Johnno referring to Mignolet/Moreno/Lovren as "the Axis of Evil"  ;D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
« Reply #19866 on: January 8, 2019, 04:30:22 pm »
Credit where it’s due. Great analysis it the post match show last night. It’s like therapy after a disappointing result.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #19867 on: January 8, 2019, 05:27:10 pm »
Everyone lost their heads over Neil's grass comment!

Even some reds think he was blaming the grass! I thought it was a bit tongue in cheek myself
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19868 on: January 8, 2019, 10:10:47 pm »
This business with the grass is only like the 5th stupidist think Neil has said this season, can't believe how it's kicked off ;D Thank fuck that pink where we won 4-1 and everyone kicked off is behind a paywall!

Seriously though this is a good example of how football fans are getting a bit weird these days, I think we're all guilty of it at times.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19869 on: January 8, 2019, 10:22:01 pm »
Stu Brennan is a fucking weird red manc prick. Imagine supporting Liverpool but being a full time reporter and propaganda machine for Everton.

Don't get me started on City's excuses for doing shit in Europe in recent times. Talk about conspiracies. :lmao

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19870 on: January 8, 2019, 10:24:20 pm »
Stu Brennan is a fucking weird red manc prick. Imagine supporting Liverpool but being a full time reporter and propaganda machine for Everton.

Don't get me started on City's excuses for doing shit in Europe in recent times. Talk about conspiracies. :lmao
Hang on, he supports United?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19871 on: January 9, 2019, 09:33:27 am »
This business with the grass is only like the 5th stupidist think Neil has said this season, can't believe how it's kicked off ;D Thank fuck that pink where we won 4-1 and everyone kicked off is behind a paywall!

Seriously though this is a good example of how football fans are getting a bit weird these days, I think we're all guilty of it at times.
It's possibly not a great thing to articulate in the toxic cesspit of Football-Twitter / Social Media, but what's wrong with discussing the grass? Teams keep pitches dry, water them, over-water them for a variety of reasons. You sometimes see sprinklers on at half-time to get the surface really slick.

Because Liverpool lost the game, such a discussion can come across as bitter and excuse-making, but it's perfectly feasible that Pep saw an advantage in letting the grass grow. Saying this stuff triggers fanboy trolls, but beyond that it's quite an interesting observation, even if it might not have been the case.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19872 on: January 9, 2019, 09:34:37 am »
He's a United fan, who somehow got the gig to cover City for MEN, so has taken to getting their fans on side by slagging LFC off and seemingly winding a few of ours up.

Can't believe he can call himself a professional. But that's the level of the MEN. Gutter press.

I assume he's fuming behind the keyboard like.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19873 on: January 9, 2019, 11:21:43 am »
It's possibly not a great thing to articulate in the toxic cesspit of Football-Twitter / Social Media, but what's wrong with discussing the grass? Teams keep pitches dry, water them, over-water them for a variety of reasons. You sometimes see sprinklers on at half-time to get the surface really slick.

Because Liverpool lost the game, such a discussion can come across as bitter and excuse-making, but it's perfectly feasible that Pep saw an advantage in letting the grass grow. Saying this stuff triggers fanboy trolls, but beyond that it's quite an interesting observation, even if it might not have been the case.

I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the grass, perfectly legitimate tactic that managers have confirmed they've used in the past, although in this case it's probably a bit wide of the mark. Just think it's a bit weird that this particular thing got blown up when there's probably loads of other things the TAW guys have said thay was stupider over the years. Anyone who talks for several hours a week on the same topic is going to come out with some howlers every now and then, especially now they're doing it on YouTube instead of behind the paywall.

Reminds me of Paul Tomkins going viral a few years ago for writing a book about the season we finished second. He writes a season review book every year but for some reason everyone kicked off that time.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19874 on: January 9, 2019, 01:31:35 pm »
I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the grass, perfectly legitimate tactic that managers have confirmed they've used in the past, although in this case it's probably a bit wide of the mark. Just think it's a bit weird that this particular thing got blown up when there's probably loads of other things the TAW guys have said thay was stupider over the years. Anyone who talks for several hours a week on the same topic is going to come out with some howlers every now and then, especially now they're doing it on YouTube instead of behind the paywall.

Reminds me of Paul Tomkins going viral a few years ago for writing a book about the season we finished second. He writes a season review book every year but for some reason everyone kicked off that time.
All valid. Fanboy ‘bantz’ can be very tiresome/horrible

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #19875 on: January 9, 2019, 01:47:38 pm »
Free show yesterday had my favourite TAW lineup by far. Ben Johnson elevates every show with his presence and tend to agree on a lot of his football takes.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #19876 on: January 9, 2019, 01:53:36 pm »
Free show yesterday had my favourite TAW lineup by far. Ben Johnson elevates every show with his presence and tend to agree on a lot of his football takes.

His Mignolet "who's going to look after this line lad?" Or something to that degree about Mignolets inabilty to leave his line, had me in stitches on the train.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19877 on: January 9, 2019, 10:59:38 pm »
Today’s Wildcards was brilliant, one of the funniest TAW shows in a while, particularly the Carol Konchesky chat. Not what you’d expect when the topic was supposedly ‘LFC past’ but great nonetheless.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19878 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:17 am »
Paul Senior watched a different game to me.

He watched it in the stadium which made the Pink quite good I thought – a fresh take from being at the game. That said, I totally disagree with everyone on the Pink's take on the details of the game, and how we performed, but that's just how it is sometimes, especially when I watched it on telly and they were in the ground.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19879 on: January 10, 2019, 07:53:11 am »
What show was the grass thing on? I'm getting confused now. There was no normal Anfield Wrap show after the City game, right?

Also, Mo and Gutmann did a transfer show video that was a replica of their Gutter show... what's the point of that? I still reckon you could ditch half the content and still be doing an excellent job lads.