Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195128 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1760 on: December 13, 2021, 03:07:17 pm »
The Domino's Pizza adverts that are still on 4 Player, especially the fucking yodelling one.

Absolute shite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1761 on: December 13, 2021, 03:15:45 pm »
Picture the scene , 3 models in a field dressed in white gowns with flowers in their hair , looking beautiful. Then what comes next is horrendous

‘’ DURZY DURZY DURZY DURZY HUR HUR HUR HAR HUR “ with what sounds like they’re laughing with men’s voices to fuck knows what ROFL ARF HUR HUR HUR DURZY DURZY DURZY DURZY LOLZ

Give me fucking strength

:lmao

Haha that one is fucking awful.

I can see you pitching ideas for an advertising agency now you mention it though.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1762 on: December 13, 2021, 03:31:58 pm »
:lmao

Haha that one is fucking awful.

I can see you pitching ideas for an advertising agency now you mention it though.
Hahaha I was sat at my brothers Saturday morning. My brothers in the kitchen making a brew so I’m sat there with my missus, my brothers wife and my mum and that advert c9mes on. I basically said exactly the same thing as I’ve typed out there. I asked them to sit there in silence and watch it after rewinding it back. After it ended I asked them all “ What the fuck is that all about?” They all sat there looking at me and my brothers wife did the “CUCKOO! CUCKOO!” gesture as if to say I’m fucking crackers after they saw how angry I was. Like I’m the one who’s got something wrong with me? The cheeky bastard

I wish people could read the room better because inside I was fuming and her cuckoo noises were basically the same as diluting the Hulk

I’m sat here now and my legs going like the fucking clappers just thinking about that cuckoo dig

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1763 on: December 16, 2021, 09:32:44 am »
Hahaha I was sat at my brothers Saturday morning. My brothers in the kitchen making a brew so I’m sat there with my missus, my brothers wife and my mum and that advert c9mes on. I basically said exactly the same thing as I’ve typed out there. I asked them to sit there in silence and watch it after rewinding it back. After it ended I asked them all “ What the fuck is that all about?” They all sat there looking at me and my brothers wife did the “CUCKOO! CUCKOO!” gesture as if to say I’m fucking crackers after they saw how angry I was. Like I’m the one who’s got something wrong with me? The cheeky bastard

I wish people could read the room better because inside I was fuming and her cuckoo noises were basically the same as diluting the Hulk

I’m sat here now and my legs going like the fucking clappers just thinking about that cuckoo dig

Which ad is this - i now need to see it

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: December 16, 2021, 10:22:10 am »
Which ad is this - i now need to see it

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IaEZ3VAF3Bo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IaEZ3VAF3Bo</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1765 on: December 16, 2021, 10:30:12 am »
Picture the scene , 3 models in a field dressed in white gowns with flowers in their hair , looking beautiful. Then what comes next is horrendous

‘’ DURZY DURZY DURZY DURZY HUR HUR HUR HAR HUR “ with what sounds like they’re laughing with men’s voices to fuck knows what ROFL ARF HUR HUR HUR DURZY DURZY DURZY DURZY LOLZ

Give me fucking strength

I don't watch tv much to be honest, so never seen that.

Sounds mad though :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: December 16, 2021, 06:56:46 pm »
Kenco Cofficiando. Seeing it a dozen times a day is grating.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1767 on: December 16, 2021, 07:02:34 pm »
Kenco Cofficiando. Seeing it a dozen times a day is grating.
Grinding you down is it?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1768 on: December 19, 2021, 10:23:45 pm »
They've updated the Mr Kipling one. The one where the lad provokes a lynching by taking a cake at the party. Now just after the sister barks her hate at him he walks out and turns the light out.

I thought I'd get angry at adverts instead of football as there is more honesty in the advertising world.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1769 on: December 19, 2021, 11:23:55 pm »
They've updated the Mr Kipling one. The one where the lad provokes a lynching by taking a cake at the party. Now just after the sister barks her hate at him he walks out and turns the light out.

I thought I'd get angry at adverts instead of football as there is more honesty in the advertising world.
The odd thing with that ad is they've 'updated' an ad that is donkeys years old. So all they've really done is leave in a part that was cut from the original.

Anyway, I always disliked that ad because everyone is horrible to the young lad, but at least he gets his own back in the 'updated' version.  ;D

Mind you, he did go on to smash up Billy's piano on Coronation Street, so I went off him for that.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: December 19, 2021, 11:31:48 pm »
The odd thing with that ad is they've 'updated' an ad that is donkeys years old. So all they've really done is leave in a part that was cut from the original.

Anyway, I always disliked that ad because everyone is horrible to the young lad, but at least he gets his own back in the 'updated' version.  ;D

Mind you, he did go on to smash up Billy's piano on Coronation Street, so I went off him for that.  :)

:) yes I much prefer this version. Like you say, why cut it from the original? Think it just reignited my hatred of the old version.

I cant comment on Billy's piano as I havent seen it since Hilda Ogdens days :)

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1771 on: December 28, 2021, 11:20:35 pm »
The Chanel No. 5 advert has a cover of Lorde's Team which is like a small child trying to sing along. It's horrible.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1772 on: December 29, 2021, 06:06:35 pm »
The Smile tooth straightening one with the bloke spinning around and whooping on a treadmill. I hate it.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: January 3, 2022, 09:52:47 am »
James Corden walking round a supermarket talking to actors posing as members of the public, talking about the WW app, because presumably it's now offensive to fatties to call it Weight Watchers so it's been rebranded to just WW. Set it all on fire.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: January 3, 2022, 11:15:25 am »
The Smile tooth straightening one with the bloke spinning around and whooping on a treadmill. I hate it.

Perhaps they could show Tyson Fury straightening his teeth for him.  ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: January 4, 2022, 03:52:57 pm »
The Lloyds bank one, starting walking learn to run one needs fucking off now
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: January 4, 2022, 04:23:32 pm »
Surprised I've not seen the Experian Credit Score radio ad on here yet.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: January 6, 2022, 10:50:54 am »
There is an ad on at the moment for a magazine you buy monthly and collect pieces to build your own Titanic model. The first issue is £1.99, after that, it is £9.99 and only 140 issues to collect.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1778 on: January 6, 2022, 12:17:17 pm »
There is an ad on at the moment for a magazine you buy monthly and collect pieces to build your own Titanic model. The first issue is £1.99, after that, it is £9.99 and only 140 issues to collect.

What’s the scale? 1:1?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #1779 on: January 6, 2022, 12:26:38 pm »

can you play with it in the bath?

For just £1140 (roughly...) you can sink your own Titanic
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1780 on: January 6, 2022, 11:00:04 pm »

It'd take 140 weeks for a domestic freezer to make a big enough ice cube.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: January 7, 2022, 10:04:21 am »

They do some great looking models, but they end up costing neck end of £1000, which is ridiculous
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: January 7, 2022, 01:00:05 pm »
There is an ad on all over the place from some car insurance company and it is like an Indiana Jones rip off and the fella says "we have possibilities to ponder" or something shit but the way he says it is highly, highly irritating.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1783 on: January 14, 2022, 03:41:59 pm »
It's not an ad that I hate; just one that can't be unheard on Greatest Hits radio.
They are plugging their app, ​and the ad is spoken by a woman with a fake French accent.
"Waffle waffle waffle waffle waffle Greta's Tits."
 ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: January 15, 2022, 09:10:48 am »
Had an ad on spotify for the national lottery. They say how much money they give to good causes like community sport. "If we all play the lottery a little bit, good things happen." They're basically making me think I'm a selfish dickhead for not playing the lottery. WTF?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: January 15, 2022, 10:48:17 am »
The amount of cancer donation ads during the day/night is getting on my tits now. It's not like I'm unaware they need money, its not like I've not lost at least 10 family and friends to cancer, but I don't want to be fucking constantly reminded of the fucking disease.

Just shut the fuck up about it.

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: January 27, 2022, 08:39:19 pm »
Thortful online cards. Two people with loads of teeth making dolphin noises at each other in a cafe.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: February 1, 2022, 05:48:10 pm »
Thortful online cards. Two people with loads of teeth making dolphin noises at each other in a cafe.

Just seen this, what utter c*nt came up with that fucking thing? :butt  The woman looks like an alien too :puke

I just switched to BBC1 as it was doing my head in.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1788 on: February 1, 2022, 06:44:48 pm »
Just seen this, what utter c*nt came up with that fucking thing? :butt  The woman looks like an alien too :puke

I just switched to BBC1 as it was doing my head in.
👽

I just saw it. It's terrible.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: February 1, 2022, 06:52:12 pm »
👽

I just saw it. It's terrible.

At least the new verisure ad has the blokes talking this time ;)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: February 1, 2022, 06:58:47 pm »
At least the new verisure ad has the blokes talking this time ;)
Verisure have been reading this thread and introduced a token 'males actually having a voice' ad. No doubt the next one will be full of confident, strident females and dumb males looking on as they make all the decisions without consulting them.  ;)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: February 1, 2022, 07:19:12 pm »
Verisure have been reading this thread and introduced a token 'males actually having a voice' ad. No doubt the next one will be full of confident, strident females and dumb males looking on as they make all the decisions without consulting them.  ;)

And they will buy the wrong alarm ;)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1792 on: February 1, 2022, 08:17:05 pm »
And they will buy the wrong alarm ;)
Lets just hope that they don't pop to the shops in their Audi to buy it   :-X

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: February 1, 2022, 08:18:36 pm »
Lets just hope that they don't pop to the shops in their Audi to buy it   :-X

Ignoring every red light along the way while texting their mates ;)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1794 on: February 2, 2022, 02:47:24 pm »
Hmmm..... Getting a bit sexist in here 🤔🙄

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: February 2, 2022, 04:15:48 pm »
Hmmm..... Getting a bit sexist in here 🤔🙄

The verisure ads are very sexist. The two women stand there talking, but look like they don't have a clue about the alarm system, so will buy any old shite and the men are relegated to just standing there like spare parts, not allowed to give any input.

And you know that women drivers are in the main crap  :D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1796 on: February 2, 2022, 04:38:35 pm »

There was another version in between the original and the 'light-off' one, where she's obviously touched by his gesture and they share a look that is a bit alarming in a 'that was so nice of you, we'll do that incest thing again if you want' kind of way.

A bit sinister like the Wrigleys one with the girlfriend's dad.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1797 on: February 2, 2022, 05:06:59 pm »

There was another version in between the original and the 'light-off' one, where she's obviously touched by his gesture and they share a look that is a bit alarming in a 'that was so nice of you, we'll do that incest thing again if you want' kind of way.

A bit sinister like the Wrigleys one with the girlfriend's dad.
*Thread takes dark turn*  :o

:D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: February 2, 2022, 05:11:59 pm »
The verisure ads are very sexist. The two women stand there talking, but look like they don't have a clue about the alarm system, so will buy any old shite and the men are relegated to just standing there like spare parts, not allowed to give any input.

Apart from their ads being generally shite and amateurish, the sexism really rubs me up the wrong way.

I simply can't bear the cack-handed approach to addressing sexism against females ... by being sexist towards males instead.  ::)   :butt

The answer to that is to portray human beings in a decent, respectful light regardless of their sex, not by making one sex look ridiculous in order to big-up the other.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: February 2, 2022, 05:19:43 pm »

Don't know them Rob I try to avoid watching adverts.  Agree on the driver's though 👍