Author Topic: Kolo Toure  (Read 166626 times)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kolo Toure
« Reply #760 on: September 21, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »
He is clearly not a righ-back, but he gave it a bloody good go. He even made some bursts into the box at times. He is an absolute model pro and well on his way to becoming a legend in the mould of McAllister. How I wish he were 10 years younger!
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline LFC Jim

• Kopite
« Reply #761 on: September 22, 2013, 05:54:14 am »
Anyone see him bulldoze some saints player on one of his forays forward. Was hillarious.
Bring Back Sami.

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #762 on: September 22, 2013, 09:28:29 am »
Can someone give me the words to his song, sounds brilliant on tele.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: September 22, 2013, 09:34:31 am »
Just about the only one who looked like they gave a fuck today.

Him and Mignolet.

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: September 22, 2013, 11:14:19 am »
Telling Gerrard to hurry up to take the corner summed up our game and his mentality yesterday.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:49 am »
Just about the only one who looked like they gave a fuck today.
yep

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #766 on: September 22, 2013, 11:23:05 am »
Just wish we had more players with his mentality
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #767 on: September 22, 2013, 11:39:41 am »
When he forced his way into the box, really just charging in without any thought but getting that goal we needed... We could do with another ten of him.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: September 22, 2013, 02:04:12 pm »
When he forced his way into the box, really just charging in without any thought but getting that goal we needed... We could do with another ten of him.

Yep. If he could bring his brother with him that would be alright. Are there any more Toure brothers? Do they have an kids old enough to stick on the pitch.

Kolo is clearly limited going forward as a right back, but he bloody went for it because he is a winner and put in a great shift. Glen has twice the attacking talent and is important to the way we play, but if had even half of Kolo's application he would be unplayable.

Offline Blackwater Park

• Kemlynite
« Reply #769 on: September 22, 2013, 04:09:27 pm »
Should be playing every game as a CB IMO.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #770 on: September 22, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

Massive ;D.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #771 on: September 22, 2013, 08:44:04 pm »
Has the right mentality required for a club our size. He is infectious and Brendan should try and bottle his enthusiasm and winning mentality and give it to the rest of the squad. Led by example yesterday and played like he was our leader and captain.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #772 on: September 22, 2013, 09:09:30 pm »
I love Kolo...it's not just the attitude...his performances have also shown he is not paying lip service to his ideals.

I hope he is pencilled in as CB for the next match.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #773 on: September 22, 2013, 09:57:12 pm »
He's quality.  Always want to see his name on the team sheet.

Offline jkred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #774 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:14 pm »
The team should want to win for this guy, given he seems to be the only player who demonstrably sees it as crucial for this club

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: September 22, 2013, 10:35:53 pm »
Glad he's here, we need a leader on the pitch not afraid to shout and motivate the others when needed.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: September 22, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/145494-toure-how-do-we-react-to-setback

Great comments by him there.

He seems to be a really likable guy with a great attitude and outlook on the game - I hope it's rubbing off on some of the player's around him. I've taken to Kolo quite quickly, I said after the friendlies that he'd turn out to be the bargain of the summer in the league - very positive signs so far.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #777 on: September 22, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »
After the Stoke match, someone on here asked tentatively "Kolo's our best defender isn't he?" and they were right. Absolutely brilliant player and our best centre back too. Was decent at right back but we need him badly in the centre.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #778 on: September 23, 2013, 12:07:28 am »
For me he has been bang average, great enthusiasm but very little else. he was shocking yesterday and gave the ball away far too often. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #779 on: September 23, 2013, 12:11:07 am »
That burst into the box was a real highlight for me.

Its a framed picture because of his age, and what hes accomplished in the game, and what he was trying to do under the circumstances that had befallen him and the team. The fact that he did fairly well at it even as a square peg in a round hole is just icing on the cake.

However, he should not be forced to play right back.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: September 23, 2013, 10:17:18 am »
The team should want to win for this guy, given he seems to be the only player who demonstrably sees it as crucial for this club

Call me crazy, but I would make this guy captain. He has only been here 5 mins, but he always gives his all, and is desperate to win. When he had a go at Gerrard who was dawdling over a corner I thought "Hang on shouldn't this be the other way around. Surely our long-standing captain should be the one getting others up for the fight"

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: September 23, 2013, 10:29:29 am »
For me he has been bang average, great enthusiasm but very little else. he was shocking yesterday and gave the ball away far too often. 

Not sure if joking but very harsh.

I didnt see the game on Saturday.  It doesnt sound like anyone played to their ability, although many are saying that the only players to come out of the game with some sort of pride were Toure and Mignolet.

The two opening league games where he played centre back though......he's been very impressive.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:03 am »

Well you tried to blame Mignolet for our terrible performance in the post-match thread, I'm going to guess your analysis isn't upto much.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: September 23, 2013, 11:22:11 am »

Thank god you have no credibility in your analysis.  ::)

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:37 am »

i thought he wasa shocking at right back too.

centre back is a different kettle though.

he is easily our best player there....by some way too
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #785 on: September 23, 2013, 11:35:06 am »
Well you tried to blame Mignolet for our terrible performance in the post-match thread, I'm going to guess your analysis isn't upto much.

When you can't keep the ball and resort to hopeful long balls then for me you look at the players who failed to keep possession and those that played hopeful long balls.

Mignolet 50% pass completion, Toure 66% pass completion and 29 long balls between them of which only 6 found their target. That simply isn't acceptable when you are playing with Aspas, Sturridge and Moses upfront.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:52 am »
When you can't keep the ball and resort to hopeful long balls then for me you look at the players who failed to keep possession and those that played hopeful long balls.

Mignolet 50% pass completion, Toure 66% pass completion and 29 long balls between them of which only 6 found their target. That simply isn't acceptable when you are playing with Aspas, Sturridge and Moses upfront.

tbf some of the blame has to be put on rodgers who clearly had no answers to southamptons pressing game.

they forced us to knoc it long.....well mainly because our two less defensive mids (gerarrd and henderson arent as adept at playing the pass and move game as we would think....the moving bit epsecially.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #787 on: September 23, 2013, 11:41:19 am »

Mignolet doesn't/shouldn't be hitting long to the strikers though. When he kicks it 'long' it should be when we are being pressed in defence and he should be aiming for the full-backs.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Kop10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: September 23, 2013, 11:44:59 am »
Mignolet doesn't/shouldn't be hitting long to the strikers though. When he kicks it 'long' it should be when we are being pressed in defence and he should be aiming for the full-backs.

I was thinking this is the reason he started with 2 centre backs at Full Back. We knew Southampton were going to press us high, so the idea was Mignolet to lob the ball to the FB's who would then head it on and allow Moses and Sturridge to break.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too. One year we came second." - Bob Paisley

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #789 on: September 23, 2013, 11:49:40 am »
I was thinking this is the reason he started with 2 centre backs at Full Back. We knew Southampton were going to press us high, so the idea was Mignolet to lob the ball to the FB's who would then head it on and allow Moses and Sturridge to break.
That is probably as good an explanation as I have seen, although we would have had a centre back playing right full back whether it was Kelly, Wisdom or Toure. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #790 on: September 23, 2013, 11:58:10 am »
tbf some of the blame has to be put on rodgers who clearly had no answers to southamptons pressing game.

they forced us to knoc it long.....well mainly because our two less defensive mids (gerarrd and henderson arent as adept at playing the pass and move game as we would think....the moving bit epsecially.

To be fair though Sakho was making his Anfield debut in a pretty unfamiliar position yet made the most passes of anyone in the team, had an 84% completion rate and hit only two long balls both of which found their target. He refused to take the easy way out and found a red shirt time and time again. I think we are going overboard in regards to Toure for me he has been good at centre back and poor at full back, yet a few weeks ago we had people saying we had no chance against United without him.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: September 23, 2013, 12:02:31 pm »

Lucas and Skrtel with the best passing rate completion? This can´t be true, there has to be something wrong with this stat... 8) ;)

Toure with 8 long balls and Gerrard with 12 don´t give an indication of having the will to play it short and simple though.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: September 23, 2013, 12:08:04 pm »

Why is this though? Because we have reverted to a 2/1 instead of a 1/2 in midfield - we no longer have split center halves with the "1" dropping in to make the angle for pass. The fullbacks aren't pushing on so Mignolet doesn't have the ball over the winger option (sometimes) you'll find a lot of this is down to the tactics employed rather than the personel.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #793 on: September 23, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
Call me crazy, but I would make this guy captain. He has only been here 5 mins, but he always gives his all, and is desperate to win. When he had a go at Gerrard who was dawdling over a corner I thought "Hang on shouldn't this be the other way around. Surely our long-standing captain should be the one getting others up for the fight"
I was thinking this too when he was rallying the team in the 88th minute, I thought that it's no surprise that he was in a team that went through a whole season unbeaten, couple more players with his attitude and we're challenging.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #794 on: September 23, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »
More apt to follow Carragher then I could have ever imagined.
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #795 on: September 29, 2013, 05:47:53 pm »
Hero

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #796 on: September 29, 2013, 05:50:08 pm »
He is just boss, that's all there is to it.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #797 on: September 29, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »
He is just boss, that's all there is to it.

Our best signing in the off season by a country mile.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: September 29, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »
Fucking brilliant performance.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: September 29, 2013, 05:52:54 pm »
Immense performance. Him and Sakho were really, really good.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."