Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181536 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #120 on: September 3, 2018, 10:41:34 pm »
Might be a bit culturally impolite? ;)

Not all Turks are devout & not all Turks are Muslim.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 3, 2018, 10:47:49 pm »
Harry Wilson - Derby - Missed out for a fifth game in a row with an injury, although he has been included in the Wales squad. Quote on his fitness “I think Tom Huddlestone is pushing, Harry Wilson is still not close enough, and nor is Curtis Davies, but they are all improving."
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Played the full game as Rangers were beaten 1-0 away at Celtic.
Ryan Kent - Rangers - Was subbed off after 87 mins in the same defeat.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Played an hour in Gent's 2-0 loss away at Bordeaux which eliminated them from the Europa League, wasn't in the squad for Gent's 3-0 win away at Brugge, not sure if injury or just rotation.
Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Wasn't registered for the Europa game and not in the squad for the win at Brugge.
Allan - Frankfurt - Frankfurt lost 2-1 at home to Bremen, Allan wasn't in the squad.
Shamal George - Tranmere - Continued on the bench as Tranmere drew 1-1 away at Northampton.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Full 90 in Hibs' 2-1 loss at Livingston.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - Sheff Utd's early form continued with a 4-1 win at home to Villa, Woodburn was an unused sub.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Another 90 mins for Kane as Doncaster became the first side to stop Peterborough from winning, with a 1-1 draw away from home.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - As posted above Grujic started and played the whole game in Hertha's 2-0 win at Schalke, he gave a pen away for a handball in the first half which was missed.
Connor Randall - Rochdale - Not in match day squad.
Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Made his debut in a 1-1 draw away at Bursapor. Doesn't cover himself in glory for the goal, also picked up a yellow for time wasting.
Corey Whelan - Crewe - Not in the squad yet.
Sheyi Ojo - Reims - They were beaten 1-0 at home by Montpellier, Ojo came on for his debut in the 78th minute.

Aside from Ejaria everybody has gotten off to pretty quiet starts so far

We have quite a few on loan! Hopefully many of the younger guys do well this season.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #122 on: September 3, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
Not all Turks are devout & not all Turks are Muslim.

Well the Turkish government maintain that 99% of the population are Muslim.

Whether they are telling the truth us another matter. But the majority of Erdogan's supporters are devout so over half of Turkey's population of 80m are likely to be devout.

So a good looking German needs to watch his social media profile, particularly if the models in question are Fenerbache or Galatasry supporters.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 4, 2018, 02:52:00 pm »
Well according to Wikipedia only 83% of Turks are Muslims.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 4, 2018, 04:13:24 pm »
I've found it's a pretty secular country to be honest. Especially the younger generations.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 4, 2018, 08:50:48 pm »
I've found it's a pretty secular country to be honest. Especially the younger generations.
And I can say as a Turk myself, you are totally right.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #126 on: September 4, 2018, 10:21:36 pm »

But isn't Erdogan's trying to overturn Ataturk's secular reforms?

Anyway this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #127 on: September 6, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »
Do you think Karius knows who Ataturk is? :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #128 on: September 6, 2018, 02:28:02 pm »
Do you think Karius knows who Ataturk is? :)

He's probably already messaged them privately on Instagram
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #129 on: September 6, 2018, 03:44:07 pm »
And I can say as a Turk myself, you are totally right.

Been to Istanbul a few times and I think I'm right - or what I gauged -  in saying it's very split up in it's religious areas. Like around Beşiktaş, also going up to the small levent area I found to be very European and very secular but then towards Uskudar (?) I think is still quite strong in how it's displayed, or at least that's what I thought last time around.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 7, 2018, 05:58:04 pm »
Statsbomb with a tweet on how herbie kane is doing

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1038037198204018689?s=19

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 7, 2018, 07:42:32 pm »
Randall out for 12 weeks with a fractured cheekbone. His loan is only until January so it doesn't seem like he'll get much game time if any there now.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/315629-connor-randall-injury-liverpool-rochdale

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 7, 2018, 07:47:25 pm »
Woodburn didn't make the Wales team did he?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2018, 04:29:43 pm »
Another 90 mins for Marko Grujic today.

Hertha BSC draw 2-2 away to Wolfsburg.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
Woodburn didn't make the Wales team did he?

Both Wilson and Woodburn were on the bench.

Regarding Wilson, not sure how long he is out for. He made the bench for Wales, but he was reported as injured by Lampard a while back and is not getting a look in yet.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2018, 10:11:31 pm »
Both Wilson and Woodburn were on the bench.

Regarding Wilson, not sure how long he is out for. He made the bench for Wales, but he was reported as injured by Lampard a while back and is not getting a look in yet.

I read earlier that he was back in full training now but because he hasn't played for a month isn't fit enough to play, they have 3 games in a 7 day period from the 18th-25th though including the League Cup vs Utd so he should get back into action over that period hopefully

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:33 pm »
I read earlier that he was back in full training now but because he hasn't played for a month isn't fit enough to play, they have 3 games in a 7 day period from the 18th-25th though including the League Cup vs Utd so he should get back into action over that period hopefully

Think they had a forward player sent off today too so hopefully a chance to get in again

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2018, 10:47:55 pm »

Thanks for that, mate.

Btw, Kent has scored for Rangers. Looks like it's his first for them.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2018, 10:48:26 pm »
Kent scored for Rangers today. First goal. Gerrard spoke very highly of him post-match

Edit: Beaten to it
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »
I randomly saw that highlights of Beşiktaş' game from today were available so I wanted to see how Karius was getting on.

He made a few decent stops but then seemed to recklessly come out and close a player down for no apparent reason at all which led to a goal. Beşiktaş still won though.

http://hoofoot.com/?match=Besiktas_2_-_1_Yeni_Malatyaspor_2018_09_15

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2018, 06:25:02 pm »
Harry Wilson - Derby - Back in full training after a month out but not fit enough to play, should hopefully get his chance to get back in the team when Derby play 3 games from the 18th-25th.
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Missed the game yesterday with a minor knock but Stevie says he'll be back quickly. "It's a small niggle he got yesterday in training, he felt a bit of hip flexing,” said Gerrard. “It's days, he should be available for Thursday, worst case for the weekend.”
Ryan Kent - Rangers - Scored his first goal after completing 65 minutes as Rangers beat Dundee 4-0 at home. Up next for him and Ejaria are Villarreal in the Europa League.
Allan - Frankfurt - No place in the squad for Allan as Frankfurt lost 3-1 away at Dortmund.
Shamal George - Tranmere - Tranmere picked up a 2-0 win away at Carlisle as George continued on the bench, although he did make a start for them and make a couple of costly errors in a Checkertrade Trophy defeat to Crewe.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Started as Hibernian won 3-2 at home to St Johnstone.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - A 1-0 defeat away at Bristol City for Sheff Utd, Woodburn was an unused sub.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Doncaster won 4-1 away at Walsall with Kane completing another 75 minutes.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - Hertha made it 7 points out of 9 with a 2-2 draw away at Wolfburg, Grujic completed the full 90 and managed to contribute to his impressive collection of yellow cards
Connor Randall - Rochdale - Out until December. Rochdale picked up a 3-0 home win in his absence.
Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Posted above
Corey Whelan - Crewe - Completed the full 90 as Crewe drew 0-0 away at Cheltenham.
Sheyi Ojo - Reims - Played the final 17 minutes of Reims' 0-0 draw with Nantes.

Still to play:

Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - On the bench for Gent's game tonight.
Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Not in the squad for the game tonight.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2018, 03:34:57 pm »
Wilson returned from injury for Derby on Tuesday as a 69th minute sub in the 0-0 home draw with Blackburn.

Woodburn also came on for the final 13 minutes of Sheff Utd's 0-0 home draw with Birmingham

Rangers play in the Europa League at 6pm, BBC say Ejaria will miss out

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2018, 05:19:51 pm »
Wilson back in the starting line up after his injury and getting on the scoresheet today.

Video of goal - https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/9i03jv/harry_wilson_goal_for_derby_not_great_quality/?utm_source=ifttt

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2018, 08:52:14 pm »
Grujic subbed off with what could be a bad injury.

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1043587270505320448?s=19
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2018, 09:34:26 pm »
Grujic subbed off with what could be a bad injury.

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/1043587270505320448?s=19

ankle ligament rupture according to Hertha BSC's official twitter  :(

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2018, 10:53:15 pm »
ankle ligament rupture according to Hertha BSC's official twitter  :(

Usually, these injuries last for a month or two right?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2018, 11:17:55 pm »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2018, 11:29:43 pm »
https://streamable.com/rdltm

Yellow card ::)

shocker that is.

Poor Marko.

Just reading some comments from Hertha fans about him, they are very upset at this, and how it happened. He's settled in nicely, and they really seem to like him.

It's 'English week' in the bundesliga this week too - meaning they have midweek league games too, so losing him now of all times is even worse. And Hertha BSC have had a fantastic start to the season too so being without him is a blow.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2018, 11:33:02 pm »
Usually, these injuries last for a month or two right?

The internet tells me this correct, but take that with a pinch of salt.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2018, 11:36:13 pm »
Feel for Marko especially after he'd settled well. I hope he recovers soon.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2018, 01:45:36 am »
That was a yellow card? What you have to do to get a red?

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2018, 05:31:09 pm »
Harry Wilson - Derby - Got his first start after returning from injury and scored his first goal for Derby in a 3-1 win vs Brenford, he completed 83 minutes. Goal posted above
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Returned from injury as a 56th minute sub as Rangers beat St Johnstone 5-1 to move above Celtic and into 2nd in the table.
Ryan Kent - Rangers - Kent continued his run in the side playing 71 minutes. He hit the bar which fell down for Arfield to score the 3rd goal.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Gent were beaten 4-0 at home by Club Brugge with Awoniyi starting on the bench again, he came on in the 68th minute. Been a very disappointing start to the season for him after he ended last season so strongly.
Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Not in the match day squad.
Allan - Frankfurt - Not in the match day squad. Only been on the bench once so far and not played a minute yet.
Shamal George - Tranmere - Tranmere lost 1-0 at home to Newport with George continuing on the bench.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - A clean sheet for Bogdan as Hibs won 3-0 away at Dundee.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - They kept in touch with those at the top with a 3-2 home win over Preston but Woodburn remained on the bench.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Doncaster won 2-1 at home to Bradford as they continued to climb the table, moving up to 4th. Kane completed the full 90 and assisted the 2nd goal.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - As posted above picked up a pretty bad injury in Hertha's 4-2 home win against Gladbach.
Connor Randall - Rochdale - Injured.
Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Won 3-1 in the Europa League on Thursday, Sarpsborg scored in the 94th minute to prevent Karius from keeping his first clean sheet.
Corey Whelan - Crewe - Crewe were beaten 1-0 at home by Port Vale with Whelan playing the full 90.
Sheyi Ojo - Reims - Ojo made his first start as Reims picked up their second consecutive 0-0 draw, at home to Dijon. He played for 59 minutes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2018, 06:32:22 pm »
Allan coming on for the last 20 minutes for Frankfurt in their game at home to Leipzig.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2018, 05:10:16 am »
Allan coming on for the last 20 minutes for Frankfurt in their game at home to Leipzig.

Great. Did you watch the match? If so, how did he do?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2018, 12:27:50 pm »
Comments from Loris Karius on his loan. Seems to have his head on straight, and says only positive things about LFC. :)

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3645016/liverpool-never-told-me-to-leave-after-champions-league-final-loris-karius
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2018, 12:38:38 pm »
Great. Did you watch the match? If so, how did he do?

Played quite defensively as you'd expect, but also made one very good long switch out wide that almost set up a goal. All in all, he did fine, those where his first minutes of the season.

Frankfurt are in the middle of a very busy spell now, having played Europa league game on Thurs, then yesterday, and now 2 league games this week on Wednesday and Sunday, and then back to Europa week after. So hopefully he'll see some more minutes in these games!

Comments from Loris Karius on his loan. Seems to have his head on straight, and says only positive things about LFC. :)

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3645016/liverpool-never-told-me-to-leave-after-champions-league-final-loris-karius

That's very cool, and great to hear about how the boss kept in touch with him so much too. Karius always comes across as a good lad, can only wish him the very best.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:40:13 pm by Dië Nullfuenfer »

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2018, 07:05:53 pm »
Karius. Link to his game tonight.

http://www.dubs.to/football/
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2018, 12:51:35 pm »
Nice words from Grujic's manager. :)
Hertha’s midfield really has legs, with teenage academy product Arne Maier paired with Liverpool loanee Marko Grujić. “Marko is an exceptional player in midfield,” said Dárdai. “I’ve never said that about anyone since I was coach here. It’s not normal for us to be able to get him.” Unfortunately for Hertha, Grujić will miss several weeks with ankle ligament damage following a dreadful challenge by Patrick Herrmann, which elicited only a yellow card, though the winger was suitably apologetic afterwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/sep/24/impressive-hertha-berlin-finally-start-to-catch-the-imagination
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2018, 01:44:35 pm »
Hope to see Wilson start tonight

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2018, 01:46:00 pm »