Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 219063 times)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2018, 08:56:31 am »
Stevie calling Rio a liar after he claimed Kane is currently better then Suarez was hilarious

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2018, 08:40:33 pm »
Why is he doing tv work tonight when he’s got a big game tomorrow?? Not exactly setting a good example there

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 1, 2018, 06:28:13 am »
Why is he doing tv work tonight when he’s got a big game tomorrow?? Not exactly setting a good example there
They won that game. Why do you care?

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2018, 07:44:02 pm »
Interview with Jurgen and Stevie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=How9beoenZU

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2018, 08:01:56 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:47 pm »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2018, 01:15:41 am »
Any truth in the rumours of Gerrard becoming the next Rangers managers?

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2018, 07:45:45 am »
Wow, in talks with my club Rangers supposedly to become the new manager, was not expecting this!

What do you guys who know him more reckon?

Massive gamble from our part that the board can't afford to get wrong!

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2018, 07:51:57 am »
Gerrard vs Rodgers battle should be great, should Rodgers remain at Celtic. Massive step up for Steven, wish him the best. Become anything, but don't become a Neville mate.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2018, 08:20:16 am »
Gerrard vs Rodgers battle should be great, should Rodgers remain at Celtic. Massive step up for Steven, wish him the best. Become anything, but don't become a Neville mate.
If he goes there, it will be a big mistake in terms of his development.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:05 am »
The source of the story is the Scottish S*n.  That being said Dave King Rangers’ chairman was at Anfield on Tuesday and SG was at a recent Old Firm game at Ibrox.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2018, 09:17:38 am »
That is a very harsh spotlight to step into first up. Would be a mistake IMO. Plus, wrong side of Glasgow fella.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2018, 11:05:32 am »
Taking over Ranger is a bit like going to Everton.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2018, 12:16:56 pm »
It would be fascinating to see if he could break the stranglehold Celtic have on the title and would bring some much needed renewed interest to Scottish football. Gerrard vs Rodgers.

Shame there is so little money in Scottish footy ... I miss the days when it was a noteworthy league.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2018, 12:24:36 pm »
dodgy choice stevie lad

could use you in our midfield for the remaining league games anyway! how old was scholes when he came out of retirement? 45?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2018, 12:25:35 pm »
Wow, in talks with my club Rangers supposedly to become the new manager, was not expecting this!

What do you guys who know him more reckon?

Massive gamble from our part that the board can't afford to get wrong!

Well, he was advised to start at the bottom....
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2018, 12:26:45 pm »
It would be fascinating to see if he could break the stranglehold Celtic have on the title and would bring some much needed renewed interest to Scottish football. Gerrard vs Rodgers.

Shame there is so little money in Scottish footy ... I miss the days when it was a noteworthy league.
unless rangers get bought by some billionaire there is no chance of him doing better than second with the odd cup and maybe a Europa group stage

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2018, 12:30:18 pm »
I know bugger all about Rangers. Are they in any way capable of stepping up and challenging Celtic? Is there any suggestion they can compete with them? I know Celtic aren't exactly throwing shit tones of money around but I suspect they are financially in a strong position regards paying far better wages and fees than anyone else in Scotland.

IF Rangers can't even begin to compete with that, I don't see the point of him going there. Be on a bit of a hiding to nothing. If he wants to go into managment, there surely has to be better options, although staying another season at Liverpool would likely be the best one and then making a move!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2018, 12:40:55 pm »
I know bugger all about Rangers. Are they in any way capable of stepping up and challenging Celtic? Is there any suggestion they can compete with them? I know Celtic aren't exactly throwing shit tones of money around but I suspect they are financially in a strong position regards paying far better wages and fees than anyone else in Scotland.

IF Rangers can't even begin to compete with that, I don't see the point of him going there. Be on a bit of a hiding to nothing. If he wants to go into managment, there surely has to be better options, although staying another season at Liverpool would likely be the best one and then making a move!

The gap between the two has dropped from 37 points last season to 10 this season.   Massive pressure on any new appointment because Celtic have just won 7 in a row and will be looking to get 10 ( both Rangers and Celtic have won 9 in a row).   Support is there with 50000 every week but massive challenge for anyone who is inexperienced.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »
Could potentially be a very good move from him if he gets them up challenging with Celtic but it feels too soon, would prefer to see him with our youth team for another season first.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »
What are Rangers' finances like compared to Celtic - they able to spend similar amounts on wages/transfer fees?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »
I hope he swerves this

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2018, 01:45:07 pm »
Could potentially be a very good move from him if he gets them up challenging with Celtic but it feels too soon, would prefer to see him with our youth team for another season first.

I agree.

I think it's probably one of the better high(ish) level jobs he could go for, but think he'd be better with another full season with the youths first (perhaps even a step-up to the U23's instead of U18's depending on other staff).

They don't have the same money as they used to, but Klopp has shown that there are other ways. Could Stevie do the same? Who knows really. Maybe he could work with Klopp to give some of our youngsters some game time too.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2018, 02:00:28 pm »
He will go to Klopp for advice, and I am not sure if he is ready just yet. Would it not be ideal to take at least one more season inside the academy? Maybe the U-23 or something?

He seems to be taking this serious and are building up his experience. He seems also very humble that he does not know that much about managing, and he needs experience.

Going to Rangers, with the expectations and pressure that are there... Would be potential pretty difficult.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2018, 04:36:36 pm »
The hubris of English ex-pros to not serve any decent apprenticeship, and to go into "big" jobs ASAP.

I think this will be a bad move for him if he takes it. There was nothing wrong with sitting at Liverpool, learning the trade with the kids, learning how to ACTUALLY coach that way, and then being in a good position to move up to the first team staff, and then eventually the manager's seat, where he'd have experience, knowledge, and real coaching ability to do the job.

Instead, if this is true, he gets impatient, and wants to strike out on his own and be "the man".

And with a bloated, mutinous and largely untalented squad, in a league dominated by one club that has two season's worth of Champions League money to play with.

If he does the job and wins the SPFL, he'll be a legend. But the odds are that Celtic will carry on, as will Aberdeen, and Hibs are getting stronger, so if he fails in a 3-way battle for 2nd place, he'll never lose the stain of it - just like Neville is now stained with his Valencia failure.

He should reconsider, and stay at Liverpool and learn the trade properly. Otherwise, he's on a hiding to nothing.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2018, 05:04:24 pm »
The hubris of English ex-pros to not serve any decent apprenticeship, and to go into "big" jobs ASAP.

I think this will be a bad move for him if he takes it. There was nothing wrong with sitting at Liverpool, learning the trade with the kids, learning how to ACTUALLY coach that way, and then being in a good position to move up to the first team staff, and then eventually the manager's seat, where he'd have experience, knowledge, and real coaching ability to do the job.

Instead, if this is true, he gets impatient, and wants to strike out on his own and be "the man".

And with a bloated, mutinous and largely untalented squad, in a league dominated by one club that has two season's worth of Champions League money to play with.

If he does the job and wins the SPFL, he'll be a legend. But the odds are that Celtic will carry on, as will Aberdeen, and Hibs are getting stronger, so if he fails in a 3-way battle for 2nd place, he'll never lose the stain of it - just like Neville is now stained with his Valencia failure.

He should reconsider, and stay at Liverpool and learn the trade properly. Otherwise, he's on a hiding to nothing.

Also wouldn't hurt to make more coaching contacts, which takes time, find his Krawietz and Buvac, so to speak. Jurgen is pretty open about the important role those two play.

Gerrard, Carragher and Garcia, you know it makes sense... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »
Someone stop him...someone, anyone!

The only benefit is that the league is shite and a blind monkey could lead rangers to a top 3 finish at this point. But in terms of development...oh no, Stevie no!

After Pep, too many thinks they can go the same route. Its flawed thinking and someone needs to lock Stevie in a room.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:58:25 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2018, 08:15:08 pm »
Oh no, absolutely the wrong choice. If he wanted to cut his teeth in the Scottish league then a team like Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would be a much better bet. Not as high profile as the Old Firm, and without the toxic nastiness that surrounds it. Swerve at all costs Stevie, and that's no offence to any Rangers fans out there. It'd be the same as when Digger went to Celtic.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2018, 08:54:19 pm »
Would be a poor choice I think.

One one hand if he succeeds in toppling Celtic, he will be a legend and learn some valuable lessons, get European experience maybe etc

On the other hand it's a massive job in terms of internal pressure from rangers and it's a huge step up from the reserves and expectations.

He is best going to a mid table championship club and developing his own team their and fight for promotion
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2018, 11:36:55 pm »
Stevie don't do this. Would be a bad bad move.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2018, 11:38:56 pm »
Would be a poor choice I think.

One one hand if he succeeds in toppling Celtic, he will be a legend and learn some valuable lessons, get European experience maybe etc

On the other hand it's a massive job in terms of internal pressure from rangers and it's a huge step up from the reserves and expectations.

He is best going to a mid table championship club and developing his own team their and fight for promotion

It's a Micky mouse league and it's not taken seriously with one club miles better than the rest.

Gerrard would learn nothing going there at this time of his career. Bad move he takes it.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2018, 11:50:58 pm »
No idea why Stevie would even consider taking the rangers job. They’re an actual and utter shambles on and off the pitch. He’ll be working on a tight tight budget- probably mostly loans and free agents.

Been on rangers forums to see what they think of him and they’re already against the appointment and most are saying it’s going to be a disaster. They’re making slipping jokes and would have preferred Frank lampard as their manager over Gerrard. They’re also not wanting another unproven manager after this murty was their reserves manager and they’re hoping for experience like warnock  ::). They’re also really obsessed with stopping Celtic get to 10 in a row.

Bad career move if he takes that job!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2018, 12:17:54 am »
He should go be an assistant at Celtic if he want's to move up to Scotland.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2018, 12:25:54 am »
Would be a bad move for Gerrard, if he wants the Liverpool job, he should stay here, learn everything he can off Klopp and Buvac and look to be in the mix when Klopp leaves. Like the bootroom that produced so many of our greats.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2018, 12:30:58 am »
This will end in tears. Brendan and Celtic are and would be light years ahead of Rangers and Gerrard. Gary Mac mentioned as an assistant. He needs to stay where he is and continue to learn. I have my doubts about how much he is invested in the coaching side with the whole BT gig on the side. I think he just wants to be a manager as soon as possible. The being a great player doesnt mean shit. He has to be able to coach and motivate seasoned pro's. It will be interesting to see if he continues with the BT gig when he becomes a manager. I would imagine he is on a massive salary for BT but it would be farcical if he continued while being a manager. I think its a joke now while he is a youth coach for us.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36:39 am »
Don't think it's a good move, or the right club for him at this stage of his coaching career but the best of luck to him if he thinks he's up to it - Rangers aren't overhauling Celtic any time soon so whoever gets the job there has a pretty thankless task ahead of them.

He's done a very good job with the Under-18's this season - the development of players like Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho and Adam Lewis over the last few months have been a testament to that.

If he does go, I'd like to see Michael Beale back in a senior role at the academy.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2018, 12:37:35 am »
dont do it, such a toxic role. You’re either a hero or a joke at those Glasgow clubs. Rodgers and Celtic are in such a stronger position and it’s way too big a role for a rookie like Gerrard.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2018, 03:08:54 am »
He's on a hiding to nothing if he goes up there. I can understand him wanting a big job, but he's far better off staying where he is and continuing to learn his trade. Plus, he'd have to uproot his family again which is more disruption, and the pressure to win the league would be unbearable for a manager in his first major role.

He's only 37, he's got plenty of time to learn his trade. This has got Barnsey at Celtic written all over it.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2018, 08:09:57 am »
I cannot see how this ends other than badly. They are miles behind celtic who have won the league I think 7 seasons in a row. I just don`t think it is either the right club or time for him. I actually think that in the next few years a club like Tranmere would be perfect for him. Learn the trade, make a name for himself with real possibilities of promotion because you are on an equal footing financially and he is close to home.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2018, 08:35:46 am »
No idea why Stevie would even consider taking the rangers job. They’re an actual and utter shambles on and off the pitch. He’ll be working on a tight tight budget- probably mostly loans and free agents.

Been on rangers forums to see what they think of him and they’re already against the appointment and most are saying it’s going to be a disaster. They’re making slipping jokes and would have preferred Frank lampard as their manager over Gerrard. They’re also not wanting another unproven manager after this murty was their reserves manager and they’re hoping for experience like warnock  ::). They’re also really obsessed with stopping Celtic get to 10 in a row.

Bad career move if he takes that job!

Warnock would be a better choice tbf.

Gerrard is not ready end this is the wrong move for him. He turned down MK dons previously which made me sense so to go there would be daft

It’s a shame Ipswich operate a shoe string budget because that would be a great move