Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147518 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #2120 on: September 7, 2022, 07:47:19 pm »
Good to hear Spidey survived 👍

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2121 on: September 7, 2022, 09:09:30 pm »
Good to hear Spidey survived 👍
😊👍  🕷️
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2122 on: September 8, 2022, 09:29:04 am »
One in the shower this morning, not what i needed when slightly hungover after watching last nights shit performance

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #2123 on: September 8, 2022, 01:28:16 pm »
:)

I wouldn't hurt him. He was there first. I'm on his patch.

I operate a catch and release policy. 😀🕷️

I also operate a catch and release policy….unless it’s one of the big hairy ones that sprint across the floor and at first you think it’s a small mouse. In which case if it’s heading under the furniture I may have to reluctantly smash it with whatever is at hand. Sorry but I can’t carry on as normal if I know it’s hiding near me.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2124 on: September 8, 2022, 02:24:29 pm »
One huge fucker ran down the curtains right by my head last night while I was having my tea!
Managed to lasso it, throw a saddle on it, and ride it out to the garden  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: September 23, 2022, 11:19:33 pm »
It's that time of the year when they all emerge from random places and say hello, isn't it :)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: April 18, 2023, 10:14:33 pm »
Just gone up to bed and spotted a huge spider on the bottom corner of the bed which Paul had to remove.

I don't mind them, I'd quite happily have left it but Paul would have absolutely freaked out if he'd known or god forbid, crawled across his face during the night 😂

He had to get rid of one a couple of weeks ago from the extractor fan in the bathroom.  Again I'd have left it but Paul would have walked straight into it if he'd gone to the loo in the night 😂

He's just been moaning about why I always ask him to get rid of them when I know how terrified of them he is 🤷

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2127 on: July 21, 2023, 06:30:01 pm »
Do we have a type of funnel web spiders in the UK? 

We've seen loads of what look like their web structure on our evening walk earlier that I've not noticed before 🤷

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2128 on: July 21, 2023, 06:48:42 pm »
Used to date a lass who collected spiders, had them all over.

Corners, windows. Named them, the lot

I found it.. Difficult. Wasn't a deal breaker

I dunno man. I know people scared of them.

Not saying she was right but she had a point.

After four months in the new place I've yet to see a single spider. That's a plus to many but... Bloody little flies

Have to do the hard work myself

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: July 22, 2023, 10:59:17 am »
Do we have a type of funnel web spiders in the UK? 

We've seen loads of what look like their web structure on our evening walk earlier that I've not noticed before 🤷

Is it like this? This is the web of a labyrinth spider, found in coastal areas around Wales and the South of England

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: July 22, 2023, 11:05:06 am »
Is it like this? This is the web of a labyrinth spider, found in coastal areas around Wales and the South of England

Them's the ones Rob.  Dozens of them and I actually managed to get a decent pic of the spider emerging from their tunnel.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: July 23, 2023, 09:55:50 am »
It's that time of the year when they all emerge from random places and say hello, isn't it :)

They've been emerging since April this year.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2132 on: July 25, 2023, 10:47:06 am »
Used to date a lass who collected spiders, had them all over.

Corners, windows. Named them, the lot

I found it.. Difficult. Wasn't a deal breaker

I dunno man. I know people scared of them.

Not saying she was right but she had a point.

After four months in the new place I've yet to see a single spider. That's a plus to many but... Bloody little flies

Have to do the hard work myself

There was a poster on here who used to collect snakes/spiders etc and post the stuff on here.  Really interesting to see but not sure I'd have gone for a visit.  Think he was in the USA and his username reflected that and he had to get rid of his collection as he'd just had his 1st child.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: July 25, 2023, 11:06:41 am »
There was a poster on here who used to collect snakes/spiders etc and post the stuff on here.  Really interesting to see but not sure I'd have gone for a visit.  Think he was in the USA and his username reflected that and he had to get rid of his collection as he'd just had his 1st child.

GalaSupporter? He was deffo in the states when he started the thread, he mentions a place in Florida for anti-venom if he ever got bitten

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=233998.0

Them's the ones Rob.  Dozens of them and I actually managed to get a decent pic of the spider emerging from their tunnel.

Thought so, seen a few of them myself around beaches
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2134 on: July 25, 2023, 12:28:12 pm »

Reminded me that my old boss had a pet tarantula. She invited us a few of us round to hers once. Was triple checking the kid was on the tank the whole time! She also had a fucking toilet seat with tarantula prints all over it. At least I had an excuse for pissing all over the seat.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2135 on: July 26, 2023, 09:39:26 am »
GalaSupporter? He was deffo in the states when he started the thread, he mentions a place in Florida for anti-venom if he ever got bitten

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=233998.0

Thought so, seen a few of them myself around beaches

Cheers Rob, that's the bloke.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: September 6, 2023, 11:36:24 pm »
They're back. 🕷️🕸️

September is here and it's sexy time for spiders.

I've just had to catch and evict a monster.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2137 on: September 7, 2023, 02:30:03 am »
There's fucking loads of them about.....massive gits.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2138 on: September 7, 2023, 02:46:53 am »
They're back. 🕷️🕸️

They’re great. I let them be to catch the flies.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2139 on: September 7, 2023, 07:50:22 am »
They're back. 🕷️🕸️

It’s the most wonderful horrific time of the year!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2140 on: September 7, 2023, 09:46:31 am »
There's one on the ceiling in my office, directly above my head.  Hasn't moved for a day, maybe he's sleeping?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: September 7, 2023, 09:52:41 am »
I've only seen one decent sized spider in ages, this was running across the carpet the other day, but disappeared under the couch and I couldn't be arsed searching for it. We've loads of cellar spiders in the garage now, they also wander into the house, so I think these are killing the house spiders.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: September 7, 2023, 09:55:22 am »
They’re great. I let them be to catch the flies.
I'd have left it alone only the dog would have had it if I'd left it. He was already trying to get a crane fly. Spidey was on the carpet, so no chance if the dog investigates him, which he would have.

They're everywhere just now. I was washing the car yesterday and even had one that kept trying to attach its web from a bush to my wing mirror even though I broke it each time I walked past. I go to put something in the bin and get a face full of spider web. Do some work in the garden .. face full of spider web.

They're having a ball out there. 🕷️🕸️

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2143 on: September 7, 2023, 12:43:33 pm »
I've only seen one decent sized spider in ages, this was running across the carpet the other day, but disappeared under the couch and I couldn't be arsed searching for it. We've loads of cellar spiders in the garage now, they also wander into the house, so I think these are killing the house spiders.

I still don’t know how that’s logistically possible! Puny little twats.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2144 on: September 11, 2023, 02:26:20 pm »
Found what I think is a big zebra spider (Are these common around the UK?), massive web next to the garage. It couldn't stay there as I needed to get the bins past, so I moved him to a new spot just outside on of the windows I open a lot, as flies always come in. Hoping he does his job and webs it up well enough to catch them.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: September 11, 2023, 06:03:57 pm »
Found what I think is a big zebra spider (Are these common around the UK?), massive web next to the garage. It couldn't stay there as I needed to get the bins past, so I moved him to a new spot just outside on of the windows I open a lot, as flies always come in. Hoping he does his job and webs it up well enough to catch them.

Found mainly in England, they're only tiny though, 5 to 9mm.  They're jumping spiders, they look like they are twitching when they move, we get them in the house

If its bigger than the 9mm max and spinning huge webs, its probably a banded garden spider - we have them in our garden, the spin massive webs between the bushes and other things, they're about 20 to 25mm in size
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:45:45 pm by rob1966 »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2146 on: September 12, 2023, 09:46:09 am »
Painted the wooden trim around the extension yesterday before the weather set in, pair of huge harvestmen came out from under the gutter. Must have been a good 6 inches legspan. Hope they waited till the gloss had dried before they went back home.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2147 on: September 12, 2023, 10:05:30 am »
Love them...vital in regulating your domestic ecosystem...just leave them to it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2148 on: September 12, 2023, 10:30:41 am »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2149 on: September 12, 2023, 11:05:02 am »
What’s Alberto Aquilani got to do with this?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: September 12, 2023, 11:22:05 am »
Love them...vital in regulating your domestic ecosystem...just leave them to it

Those, my good man, are the ramblings of a lunatic.

I would gladly leave them to it, as long as I dont have to look at the terrifying fuckers.

And the domestic ecosystem in our living room needs no regulating, thank you very much.

So i will continue to bravely tuck the bottom of my kecks into my socks, and exterminate the eight legged freaks by any means that does not require me to be within 5 feet of them at the time of their demise.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2151 on: September 12, 2023, 02:37:37 pm »
Those, my good man, are the ramblings of a lunatic.

I would gladly leave them to it, as long as I dont have to look at the terrifying fuckers.

And the domestic ecosystem in our living room needs no regulating, thank you very much.

So i will continue to bravely tuck the bottom of my kecks into my socks, and exterminate the eight legged freaks by any means that does not require me to be within 5 feet of them at the time of their demise.

;D they honestly don't bother me mate....have always happily shared my gaffs / cars with them........mozzys and wasps on the other hand
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2152 on: September 12, 2023, 03:30:46 pm »
;D they honestly don't bother me mate....have always happily shared my gaffs / cars with them........mozzys and wasps on the other hand

Is there a size that makes you think “too big”? I don’t mind anything up to about the size of a 50p (including legs!)…but I’d there’s something bigger than that in the same room as me, one of us has to leave through a window (normally me).

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2153 on: September 12, 2023, 04:10:09 pm »

I usually leave them to it as well, they're great for snagging small flies and bugs.  Although the little woodlouse graveyard one my spider bros has left in the corner of the hallway really needs sorting.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: September 12, 2023, 04:12:24 pm »

Weirdo  ;D

If a spider were to make an appearance in my car, I would happily drive at full tilt into a line of queuing toddlers, if it would ensure the ejection of the arachnid from the vehicle. The kids would be acceptable collateral damage, as far as I'm concerned.

And this exchange has genuinely just reminded me that last week I gallantly killed a giant fucker in the living room with the wet end of a mop that I was too panicked to have wrung out first. Following my usual "belt and braces" approach to such matters, the corpse was then weighted down underneath a very heavy floor lamp, just in case the sneaky twat was playing dead.

Just remembered it must still there. Fucking hopefully.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2155 on: September 12, 2023, 04:17:20 pm »
New species of trapdoor spider found a few months back.  worra fucker that is

Offline Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: September 12, 2023, 04:19:11 pm »
New species of trapdoor spider found a few months back.  worra fucker that is I am for posting such an horrific image

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2157 on: September 12, 2023, 04:47:55 pm »
I’m off to Sydney over Christmas…already working myself into a frenzy about what I might come across. Don’t go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and don’t turn any lights on when it’s dark is my motto.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2158 on: September 12, 2023, 04:58:59 pm »
I’m off to Sydney over Christmas…already working myself into a frenzy about what I might come across. Don’t go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and don’t turn any lights on when it’s dark is my motto.

So you'd rather just have the feel of whatever is crawling on your back...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: September 12, 2023, 04:59:38 pm »
New species of trapdoor spider found a few months back.  worra fucker that is

Oh just fuck off, why did the bastards need to create a new species?