Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 600615 times)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4400 on: August 31, 2022, 10:55:23 am »
Vicenzos again for us last night on Woolton road. Never had a poor meal there - oxtail ragu was excellent.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4401 on: August 31, 2022, 11:01:53 am »

Othello's --- out of town on Gateacre Park Drive was lovely as always, last week. Best Greek around and so much better than many Turkish restaurants I could mention.
Heading to Othello's in a couple of weeks. Used the takeout service through the lock downs to still get my fix of Othello's special lamb.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4402 on: September 20, 2022, 10:20:51 pm »
Vicenzos again for us last night on Woolton road. Never had a poor meal there - oxtail ragu was excellent.

It’s a lovely family run restaurant.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4403 on: September 28, 2022, 08:43:57 am »
First ever trip to Sanskruti later on tonight.

You guys have hyped it up on here so got high expectations :P

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4404 on: September 29, 2022, 12:37:00 am »
First ever trip to Sanskruti later on tonight.

You guys have hyped it up on here so got high expectations :P

How was it?

If you don't say amazing then you get banned, so....

I've not been for a year now (was my last meal before moving from Liverpool and not been near there since), but got a night booked in a few weeks and going there.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4405 on: September 29, 2022, 01:15:55 pm »
How was it?

If you don't say amazing then you get banned, so....

I've not been for a year now (was my last meal before moving from Liverpool and not been near there since), but got a night booked in a few weeks and going there.

Loved it. So tasty. Pani Puri, Chickpea Palak, rice and naan.

Biggest compliment I could give it is that adding meat to any of it wouldn't have improved how it tastes.

Would definitely go back.

Online KlurgenJopp

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4406 on: October 1, 2022, 07:23:49 pm »
Loved it. So tasty. Pani Puri, Chickpea Palak, rice and naan.

Biggest compliment I could give it is that adding meat to any of it wouldn't have improved how it tastes.

Would definitely go back.

The chickpea palak is one of the best things on the menu for me, I get it every time we order. The daals are really nice too. We often get the bread basket instead of just naan, the roti and methi thepla are great to scoop up curry with.
TWICE! TWIIICE!! TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: October 3, 2022, 01:06:46 pm »
Heading to Othello's in a couple of weeks. Used the takeout service through the lock downs to still get my fix of Othello's special lamb.

Must get around to visiting this place.

Worked in the building on a few occasions many moons ago when it was a Bank but have never been in since.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: October 4, 2022, 05:27:54 pm »

Worked in the building on a few occasions many moons ago when it was a Bank but have never been in since.

It's lovely. Be warned that it's cash only!

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4409 on: October 5, 2022, 01:20:39 am »

As above cash only and go hungry. My lamb dish has been eclipsed by Pork Selina.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4410 on: October 29, 2022, 05:40:59 pm »
Went to Rudys Pizza on Bold Street yesterday for the first time. Heard good things. Wasn't disappointed. Got the spicy Nduja sausage pizza and 2 pints of Poretti. Excellent pizza. Nice inside as well, good laid back vibes.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #4411 on: October 30, 2022, 12:30:10 pm »
Went to Rudy's yesterday as well but the Castle Street one. Been meaning to try their pizza for the last couple of years so was nice to finally get around to it. Had the Carni pizza which has Wild Boar Salami on it.

Was excellent and will deffo be back.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: October 30, 2022, 02:28:53 pm »
Popped into American Pizza Slice for a quick lunch today. 2 big slices, one a Chicago style (with sausage), and the other Chorizio and goats cheese. Always find it great value for money.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4413 on: October 31, 2022, 02:27:17 pm »
Popped into American Pizza Slice for a quick lunch today. 2 big slices, one a Chicago style (with sausage), and the other Chorizio and goats cheese. Always find it great value for money.
One of my favourite hangover cures which works a treat is the American hot.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #4414 on: November 1, 2022, 01:52:51 pm »
looking for a good 'classy' (hopefully they'll let me in) clean-looking restaurant either chinese or thai in or around (don't mind a half hour trip) liverpool

don't mind a bit pricy - my girl's birthday so i'll splash out - but nothing too silly  :wave

done a lot of trip advisor et al but i've done the same in the past only to be disappointed by poor food (despite 80-90% high customer ratings) and poor decor too (some were like walking into my nan's living room ffs)

any suggestions? and i promise i won't hold it against you :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #4415 on: November 1, 2022, 02:47:16 pm »
looking for a good 'classy' (hopefully they'll let me in) clean-looking restaurant either chinese or thai in or around (don't mind a half hour trip) liverpool

don't mind a bit pricy - my girl's birthday so i'll splash out - but nothing too silly  :wave

done a lot of trip advisor et al but i've done the same in the past only to be disappointed by poor food (despite 80-90% high customer ratings) and poor decor too (some were like walking into my nan's living room ffs)

For Thai I'd recommend Lemongrass, Chaba Chaba or Tiger rock. All of them are on Smithdown/Allerton road. Not exactly what I would call classy but they're nice inside and the foods good. For Chinese I always like the Yuet Ben opposite the Chinese Arch.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: November 1, 2022, 05:42:15 pm »
For Thai I'd recommend Lemongrass, Chaba Chaba or Tiger rock. All of them are on Smithdown/Allerton road. Not exactly what I would call classy but they're nice inside and the foods good. For Chinese I always like the Yuet Ben opposite the Chinese Arch.

i've been to chaba chaba but i'll check the others out though cheers mate  :)

i'm deffo looking for something that's maybe a bit up from smart casual but not full bib and tucker if you see what i mean
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #4417 on: November 1, 2022, 05:59:56 pm »
i've been to chaba chaba but i'll check the others out though cheers mate  :)

i'm deffo looking for something that's maybe a bit up from smart casual but not full bib and tucker if you see what i mean

I think you'll struggle to find a Thai or Chinese restaurant in Liverpool that is that smart.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: November 1, 2022, 06:11:57 pm »
I think you'll struggle to find a Thai or Chinese restaurant in Liverpool that is that smart.

true - i have been to a few which are great - just want something a bit more special for her birthday

used to love the chaophraya until it closed down

so thai or chinese - and we've been to the matou, the chung ku and tai pan so want somewhere different if possible

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4419 on: November 1, 2022, 07:01:35 pm »
true - i have been to a few which are great - just want something a bit more special for her birthday

used to love the chaophraya until it closed down

so thai or chinese - and we've been to the matou, the chung ku and tai pan so want somewhere different if possible
If you want to travel, Ying Wah in Woolton and cocktails at the restaurant or  the Elephant/Liberty Tavern pub beforehand.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4420 on: November 1, 2022, 07:28:57 pm »

Personally don't like Thai food but there's one coming to Taggert Avenue for anyone around there. It's replacing 'The Great Wall' Chinese that was there for a good 20 years plus!

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4421 on: November 1, 2022, 10:54:11 pm »

Lu Ban? pretty smart and good food

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4422 on: November 2, 2022, 10:31:33 am »
cheers for the replies everyone  :wave i'll be checking them out

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4423 on: November 2, 2022, 04:44:29 pm »
Personally don't like Thai food but there's one coming to Taggert Avenue for anyone around there. It's replacing 'The Great Wall' Chinese that was there for a good 20 years plus!

I started going the Great Wall when it first opened , was called the childwall park restaurant then in about 1988 and was always a decent Chinese . Seen the sign fitted outside the new Thai but inside still looks a fair distance away .

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: November 3, 2022, 09:50:46 am »
Another vote for Tiger Rock on Smithdown here, I live nearby and it's probably my favourite local restaurant with some decent competition. It's a fairly casual place so might not be what you're looking for, but it's nice and the food is always great.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4425 on: November 3, 2022, 10:59:32 am »
Lu Ban? pretty smart and good food

Echo this, didn't like it that much myself but a lot people love it and it's more of your classier chinese restuarant.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: November 3, 2022, 11:49:35 am »
Been invited to the soft launch of Hawksmoor later this month. Can’t wait.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: November 3, 2022, 12:14:06 pm »

I see a chef from there is on this years Masterchef the pro’s. Head chef from Panoramic on this series too. https://confidentials.com/liverpool/liverpool-chefs-join-masterchef-the-professionals

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: November 3, 2022, 02:42:37 pm »
Been invited to the soft launch of Hawksmoor later this month. Can’t wait.

Was also invited, tried to book on and there was nothing available so I'm gutted

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: November 3, 2022, 04:42:49 pm »
Couple of recent ones, both Italian:

Casa Roni, corner of Mather Avenue and Heath Road. Went as a group of 10 plus a couple of kids a few weeks ago for my wife's birthday. Lovely place inside, staff great, food delicious. I had calamari, ribeye steak and profiteroles. Was about 50 quid a head each with everyone having a couple of drinks, mainly alcohol. Highly recommended and would go back again.

Piccola, Smithdown place where the old Neon Jamon/Berrington's was. Went here last weekend and was really disappointed. It hasn't been open all that long, and I think it was originally Italian small plates. They've reverted to a more traditional starter/main/sides/dessert now which is fine. Starter of calamari was tough with batter that was like cardboard. Main of beef ragu pasta was average, nicely cooked pasta but not a lot of flavour. Dessert of Tiramisu was to be fair really tasty. Service was great and all staff were lovely. 95 quid including tip for 2 of us, for 3 courses each, 2 beers and 2 wines. Don't think I'll go back which is a shame as I was looking forward to it, just plenty of far better options in the area.

Back to Pinion tomorrow to try their pre-theatre menu before we go to the new Shakespeare theatre in Prescot.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2022, 04:45:27 pm by gregor »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4430 on: November 3, 2022, 06:29:41 pm »

Casa Roni, corner of Mather Avenue and Heath Road. Went as a group of 10 plus a couple of kids a few weeks ago for my wife's birthday. Lovely place inside, staff great, food delicious. I had calamari, ribeye steak and profiteroles. Was about 50 quid a head each with everyone having a couple of drinks, mainly alcohol. Highly recommended and would go back again.

Piccola, Smithdown place where the old Neon Jamon/Berrington's was. Went here last weekend and was really disappointed. It hasn't been open all that long, and I think it was originally Italian small plates. They've reverted to a more traditional starter/main/sides/dessert now which is fine. Starter of calamari was tough with batter that was like cardboard. Main of beef ragu pasta was average, nicely cooked pasta but not a lot of flavour. Dessert of Tiramisu was to be fair really tasty. Service was great and all staff were lovely. 95 quid including tip for 2 of us, for 3 courses each, 2 beers and 2 wines. Don't think I'll go back which is a shame as I was looking forward to it, just plenty of far better options in the area.

Back to Pinion tomorrow to try their pre-theatre menu before we go to the new Shakespeare theatre in Prescot.

Back in the 60s Casa Roni was a Martin’s bank and I opened my first account there.

I passed it the other day going to my sisters and wondered what it was like. Hope it does well.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: November 3, 2022, 09:42:22 pm »

Absolutely love Pinion, every time I've been it has been just superb. To have somewhere of that quality in Prescot is massive and now with the theatre it should be booming

Will have to check out that 1st Italian you recommended, haven't been for a decent one in a while

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: November 4, 2022, 01:16:37 pm »
Another fan of Casa Roni. We were in last Sat. Excellent food, lovely place and the staff are excellent. Pizzas are amazing but so are their pasta and meat dishes. Love the duck.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #4433 on: November 4, 2022, 11:49:24 pm »
Was also invited, tried to book on and there was nothing available so I'm gutted

Same here,
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4434 on: November 9, 2022, 08:43:46 pm »
Any recommendations for somewhere with gluten free options, walkable from Hope Street?

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #4435 on: November 11, 2022, 06:25:16 pm »
I took Mrs Cigarettes to The Refinery yesterday and it was great.

They have a Wine & Dine offer on a Thursday, which is two courses and a bottle of wine per person for £22.95. On a Thursday, they also have a live singer in the evening.

It was nice to see that Diogo Jota is keeping himself busy.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: December 7, 2022, 07:24:14 pm »
Anyone been to either Gaucho or Hawksmoor yet? Looking forward to both.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: December 8, 2022, 09:32:24 am »
Anyone been to either Gaucho or Hawksmoor yet? Looking forward to both.

Booked in for lunch at Hawksmoor on Christmas Eve, can't wait for that.

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4438 on: December 8, 2022, 09:38:34 am »
Absolutely love Pinion, every time I've been it has been just superb. To have somewhere of that quality in Prescot is massive and now with the theatre it should be booming

Will have to check out that 1st Italian you recommended, haven't been for a decent one in a while

It was excellent last time around as well - the pre theatre option is great. Going to the Shakespeare North again tomorrow and couldn't get in to Pinion, so going for a pizza instead at The Oven.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: December 9, 2022, 09:53:34 am »
Booked in for lunch at Hawksmoor on Christmas Eve, can't wait for that.

Excellent. Rudys again last night. Quality as always.