Author Topic: Adam Morgan  (Read 87490 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Adam Morgan
« on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:08 am »
Guys, hope it´s ok to start this thread for the player who scored his first goal for the club and first goal for our new coach, maybe first for new era of this great club...

despite the goal being made by Sterling, i belive a striker needs to know where to stand in right time and Morgan did his job very well... Seing the interview i feel happy for him as it must be dream come true...

i look forward to see him play another game..

Rogers about Morgan:

Brendan Rodgers believes Liverpool have a natural goalscorer in Adam Morgan.

The 18-year-old scored from close range as the Reds opened their pre-season campaign with a 1-1 friendly draw against Toronto FC in Canada.

His celebration included a hug for the manager.

Afterwards Rodgers said: "He's a really, really good kid. He's come in, he's taken everything on board that I've talked about.

"He's technically good, he's got a natural eye for a goal - if he doesn't arrive at that moment, the goal doesn't go in because the defender would have got to the line to defend it.

"He's got that natural instinct to score but I was also pleased with the cleverness in his pressing. He pressed the ball really well. That forced them into some mistakes.

"It was a great moment for him. His father flew in this morning from Liverpool, so to get here and to see the goal would have been a special moment."

A total of 23 players featured at the Rogers Centre for Liverpool and Rodgers was pleased that some of the tactical messages from training had been taken on board.

He said: "We've still got a long way to go. It's very important that we dictate games, we control games, we dominate games. You saw for large parts of the game we forced Toronto back.

"It's just that penetration that will get better as time goes on, because possession is no good on its own.

"Some of the movement patterns were very good and it'll get better."

Raheem Sterling provided the assist for Morgan's goal and reporters asked the boss what he made of the 17-year-old's performance.

"I thought he did very well," he said. "Raheem is very persistent. He doesn't get knocked over easily, he shows great courage and bravery on the ball. His strength for the goal was impressive - that was the thing that surprised me for such a slight guy.

"He was in a good position to intercept, he then went on the outside of the defender, worked his space and got his shot across goal, and obviously young Morgs tapped it in."

One player not involved was Daniel Agger, whose pre-season started later than the rest of the squad due to his participation in Euro 2012.

Rodgers explained: "He's just joined the group on Monday and had his first training session on Tuesday. It was just too early for him because he's had four weeks off.

"I didn't want to put him in that situation because others had been back for a couple of weeks.

"Daniel will have some involvement against Roma on Wednesday."

More than 30,000 fans watched the game at the Rogers Centre - and afterwards the Liverpool manager thanked those who came to show their support.

"I thought it was phenomenal," he said. "You travel this far away from Liverpool but it's been like home.

"I'd like to say on record a massive thank-you to them because that's why we do it - for the supporters, for the badge, the pride, the club."[/b]
http://www.lfctour.com/news/boss-morgan-is-natural-finisher-1

he is a true supporter living his dream, hope he will continue scoring in future for us..

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Adam Morgan
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:55:01 am »
Good to see him getting a chance to impress the manager. Good luck to him in kicking on from here and getting himself around the first team for the competitive matches.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:37:46 am »
Loved the article about him and his dad. A special moment for both of them they'll no doubt both remember for the rest of their lives.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline demontorres

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:46:57 am »
I went out in Adams Morgan in Washington DC last night so I feel like his goal was at least 10% my doing.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:50:11 am »
So pleased for the lad.Good luck to him for the future

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 06:53:36 am »
A year back he was banging them in for fun in the U18's and ressies.. Had a bit of bad form and I think an injury but hopefully he's better for it, hopefully he can get a few games this season.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 06:58:12 am »
So excited to see Morgo develop. Think he could be a great poacher for us.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 07:06:02 am »
I thought he was only 17 but hes 18 now so he should get some games in the cups and europa league this season, he has more potential than Eccleston and is a lot younger. Hope he makes it as hes a true local lad and he will work his ass off whenever given the chance, thats for sure.

Made me get a bit emotional reading the bit about him and his dad.

Good Luck Adam Morgan!

Offline yankee doodle red

• Kemlynite
  • LFC Atlantan
Adam Morgan
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 07:37:55 am »
Well in, Adam. Pleased for him and looking forward to seeing him get some more involvement this pre-season against higher quality opposition.

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:56 am »
I like his passion. He worked his sock off in pressing defender. A natural goal poacher indeed. Lovely celebration when he hugged Carra and his dad. Is this his first senior appearance?

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 11:14:38 am »
Hope he makes it here. Great lad with a great attitude and a lifelong red, you can just see the passion he has for the club! Keep banging them in, Morgo!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 12:21:12 pm »
I like his passion. He worked his sock off in pressing defender. A natural goal poacher indeed. Lovely celebration when he hugged Carra and his dad. Is this his first senior appearance?

I believe so

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »
Think he's the next scouser to make it!
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »
I loved reading about his Dad coming over and him scoring his first senior goal...I'm starting to like the feel of this pre-season with the chances being given to the young ones, but this lad looks like he could break through in a couple of years, may need to go on loan as I think the ressie league is holding some of our young ones back...

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 12:31:14 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=273933.msg8531318#msg8531318

:wave

Like the lad a lot. Hope he doesn't go the way of Nemeth.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 12:33:01 pm »
Think he's the next scouser to make it!

Think we've got a few. Robinson, Flannagan, Coady and Morgan are all scousers aren't they?
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »
Made up for him :)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 12:34:49 pm »
Think we've got a few. Robinson, Flannagan, Coady and Morgan are all scousers aren't they?

Didn't know Robinson was scouse. Morgan may have competition. :P

Coady and Flannagan have too many players to compete with and are way below the pecking order imo.

Saying that, they're all great talents and hope they all do well in the future.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 12:36:35 pm »
I think he has the right character, hunger and desire to succeed here.

He also has that nack of being in the right place at the right time, which can't be taught really - it is a Fowler-esq instinct knowing where the ball should land or go.

He has a lot going for him - works hard, can finish and is decent on the ball.  Think he should be the first choice striker in the reserves next season.

Offline Mingle

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • I believe...
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »
I've been watching out for his perfrmaces over last 18 months or so.. probaly like everyone else to be fair!

I've a srong feeling about this lad, based on noting more than what ive seen and the fact he my name sake...

I hope to dig out all my Morgan shirts from the last 20 years very soon! ;D

well done son...
At the end of a storm, Theres a golden sky...Believe in Brendan

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »
A year back he was banging them in for fun in the U18's and ressies.. Had a bit of bad form and I think an injury but hopefully he's better for it, hopefully he can get a few games this season.

A summer off will do him good. Like a few others an under 17 World Cup last summer in Mexico probably affected him for parts of last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 03:33:48 pm »
Needs more games against the Mancs. Needs more 5 finger salutes.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 03:39:13 pm »
I've go high "apple pie in the sky" hopes for this lad.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »
Needs more games against the Mancs. Needs more 5 finger salutes.

Always scores against them lot. He loves them.

Do wonder how many of the people willing to talk him up now were the same ones who started talking him down around December time when he couldnt find the back of the net if he had a map. There was more than a few.

He's the same player he was when he had that sticky spell after all.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »
Like Brendan said, if he's not on his toes and there, that defender clears it off the line.  That sort of instinct we missed badly last season. 

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 04:42:09 pm »
Would love him to make it, and won't know until he is given a fair chance in the first team. He's really at a stage now where he needs game time in the first team but doubt we will have enough time to give him that chance. He'll definitely have a career as a goal scorer, just who for. Hope we consider a loan by Jan for him if he doesn't play much.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 04:51:54 pm »
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=273933.msg8531318#msg8531318

Like the lad a lot. Hope he doesn't go the way of Nemeth.

Adam Morgan is the next starlet at Liverpool, think he is only 11 though

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:13 pm »
I can see him getting his chance under Rodgers, albeit later on in his development. His mentality and the style of striker he is will compliment Brendan's approach. He's local and that will undoubtedly count in his favour as well.

Equally, Craig Lindfield used to bang them in for fun at U18/Res level, scored a bicycle kick in pre-season I seem to remember. You never know with these young lads, but I think Morgan will get more of a chance to make an impression of Liverpool sides to come.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 05:21:52 pm »
Will be my favourite player if he makes it, and a great piece of judgement from 7777. :D

'Kin Mancs. He shut them up for a bit.

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 05:37:20 pm »
Showed great enthusiasm when tracking back and seems to get into good positions. Looks a good player!

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 05:42:12 pm »

Bloody hell to even remember that quote...

hats off.

Made up for the fella, I like the fact he's not flash and he doesn't really stand out he just puts the ball in the net like he's putting out the bins, something we've been needing for a while.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »
Got high hopes for this one, although I have not seen him in the flesh...

Everyone needs to do the lad a favour and not start comparing him to certain natural finishers from recent years  :-X

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »
Was delighted for him last night.. Hope we see him get chances ahead of Eccleston too as the experience will be great for Morgan.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 05:55:37 pm »

What's next weeks lottery numbers and when will we next win the league?  ;)

Delighted for him and hope he can make it here.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »

Just read the OP of that thread you made the post in   :'( :'(

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 06:18:00 pm »
A player who genuinely loves the club. Think he should get a few minutes in the senior side this season. Nothing over the top but a few appearances, to show what he can do. Knows where to be in the box, if he turns out to be one fifth as good Fowler we'll have an excellent player on our hands.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 06:31:32 pm »
Just read the OP of that thread you made the post in   :'( :'(
Miki Roque. He's at Bilbao now isnt he? Wow. Seems like a lifetime ago that thread. It's only been, what, 7 years?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2012, 06:36:27 pm »
Miki Roque. He's at Bilbao now isnt he? Wow. Seems like a lifetime ago that thread. It's only been, what, 7 years?

Miki Roque passed away this summer due to cancer mate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2012, 06:37:26 pm »

He passed away mate. :/

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 07:01:47 pm »

Sadly died. It's Mikel San Jose you are referring to.