Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596487 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22160 on: July 5, 2020, 11:36:19 am »
the arrogance to say that a manager who is on the slide, with a club who are on the slide, that have no winning mentality whatsoever, WILL win a trophy at least i just find mental.
It’s a hell of a brand for him to exploit isn’t it.  Mourinho --> guarantees trophies.  Other managers —> no guarantees.  I mean, it’s not even totally untrue, historically, it’s just ... it gets said as if there’s no other factors in the equation.  As if you can take a failing, ageing team with massive structural problems and no money to spend - but add Mourinho and just watch those trophies pile up.

I don’t even care about Spurs, in fact I quite like them, I just hate him forever.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22161 on: July 5, 2020, 03:05:03 pm »
Have the sports pages restarted the pleas for "Harry Kane to move to somewhere where he can finally win trophies but especially Man Utd please" yet?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22162 on: July 5, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
Levy's been after Mourinho for ages, since he left Chelsea the very first time. Only Mourinho was too hot a property to go to Spurs at that time. Mourinho is now shit enough to join Spurs, but Levy is not smart enough (footballwise) to see that that the time to go for him as manager has passed.

He might be great at finance etc but his footballing nous is perhaps a bit lacking
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22163 on: July 6, 2020, 09:08:41 am »
If it's going to be difficult to prise trophies away from two teams you should only concentrate on the one I think, I suggest Manchester City - you know it makes sense!

It seems this might be a good strategy!   ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22164 on: July 6, 2020, 10:05:55 pm »
Great win today to get some breathing room over Everton for the mid table mediocrity trophy.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #22165 on: July 6, 2020, 10:21:42 pm »
They are genuinely awful to watch. I wonder if Kane and Son will be looking for a new club when the window opens up. Poor career choice for Lo Celso and Bergwijn, although Lo Celso didn't realize what he was getting into last summer when he signed with them.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22166 on: July 6, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
Living the dream.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #22167 on: July 6, 2020, 11:58:21 pm »
Living the dream.

Smell the cheese...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22168 on: July 7, 2020, 04:12:03 am »
Time for Kane to leave now.
Believer

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22169 on: July 7, 2020, 04:30:13 am »
Someone needs to save Son.  He's wasted there. 

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22170 on: July 7, 2020, 06:18:15 am »
They are genuinely awful to watch. I wonder if Kane and Son will be looking for a new club when the window opens up. Poor career choice for Lo Celso and Bergwijn, although Lo Celso didn't realize what he was getting into last summer when he signed with them.

Both Lo Celso and Bergwijn will outlast Shitcoat, that is the main culprit of their dire football. If he gets the boot and Kane goes (which he won't), I can see the others thriving.

Someone needs to save Son.  He's wasted there. 

Has anyone ever said he would fit in here?  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22171 on: July 7, 2020, 06:29:22 am »

He's going no where. he's the new Le Tissier and to be fair he didn't do too badly out of his status. He's on Sky a lot.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #22172 on: July 7, 2020, 06:34:35 am »
No one is going to buy him at a Levy price in the current climate.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22173 on: July 7, 2020, 06:38:47 am »

Even without covid they would never have gotten what they'd ask,it's as obvious as a boil on the tip of a snout that his injuries & the fact Kane himself has always rushed back that he has lost what little pace he used to have,the game has moved on and left him behind ino.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22174 on: July 7, 2020, 06:54:04 am »
I got a news alert on my phone saying that Kane had been identified as the man to replace Firmino due to his scoring woes...

...by Curtis Woodhouse
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22175 on: July 7, 2020, 07:33:25 am »
I got a news alert on my phone saying that Kane had been identified as the man to replace Firmino due to his scoring woes...

...by Curtis Woodhouse

Seems legit.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22176 on: July 7, 2020, 07:37:02 am »

...by Curtis Woodhouse

Careful. He knows where you live.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #22177 on: July 7, 2020, 09:12:07 am »
Mourinho doing what he does best, producing shit sandwich football.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #22178 on: July 7, 2020, 09:26:06 am »
Mourinho doing what he does best, producing shit sandwich football.
Did I mishear him, or did he really say on Sky Sports that he wanted his players be angry « with each other » and to « blame » each other? Never gets the tone or the message right that one.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #22179 on: July 7, 2020, 10:11:49 am »
I don't see a team Kane goes into (that could afford him) and improves.

He's an old fashioned goalscorer, maybe Chelsea's system would work for him but they have other targets and options they are happy with. Everyone else seems to be set up using a more mobile striker, and I don't think Kane can play that role.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22180 on: July 7, 2020, 10:22:31 am »
I don't see a team Kane goes into (that could afford him) and improves.

He's an old fashioned goalscorer, maybe Chelsea's system would work for him but they have other targets and options they are happy with. Everyone else seems to be set up using a more mobile striker, and I don't think Kane can play that role.

Maybe going abroad to, say, Italy perhaps? Never going to happen though.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #22181 on: July 7, 2020, 10:26:59 am »
Maybe going abroad to, say, Italy perhaps? Never going to happen though.

I could see how he could fit in at Juventus, but I can't imagine that happening either.

He's basically forced into Englands set up now too.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #22182 on: July 7, 2020, 11:00:15 am »
Yes, he did a good job in taking Spurs from an occasional Champions League team to a regular Champions League team, but also didn't do as good a job as he could have frankly, missing that golden opportunity in the year Leicester won, when all Spurs’ major competitors where either not that good, or in a season on major change. That Spurs team was an excellent team, and it looks like the stars where aligning for them, but they chocked.   
Agree with your overall assessment but its harsh to say they choked in 2016. I would argue they were never really in the title race at all.

That team was still very early in their development and kinda just fell into 2nd place when all the rest failed. They were always a good number of points behind Leicester, I'd say they did pretty well that season they just fell off as they just were not ready. If anything, it was Arsenal who threw a golden chance of a title challenge away (they were the only ones with a stable team).

Spurs downfall is traced back to 2018 - they had fallen slightly from their 2017 points total and that was the time to invest - they didn't and the rest is history.

We always have to be mindful of this and invest when it is possible to do so. Of course we have a much stronger squad and coaching set up so we are in a far better position.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22183 on: July 7, 2020, 11:45:59 am »
No one will pay what Levy demands so he's stuck there  ... I think he's happy being the big fish at Spurs as he signed a new 5 year contract recently. You will notice the likes of Mbappe and Neymar are running their contracts down as to become more 'affordable' (whatever that means) to potential suitors in the future.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #22184 on: July 7, 2020, 11:49:00 am »
Agree with your overall assessment but its harsh to say they choked in 2016. I would argue they were never really in the title race at all.

That team was still very early in their development and kinda just fell into 2nd place when all the rest failed. They were always a good number of points behind Leicester, I'd say they did pretty well that season they just fell off as they just were not ready. If anything, it was Arsenal who threw a golden chance of a title challenge away (they were the only ones with a stable team).

Spurs downfall is traced back to 2018 - they had fallen slightly from their 2017 points total and that was the time to invest - they didn't and the rest is history.

We always have to be mindful of this and invest when it is possible to do so. Of course we have a much stronger squad and coaching set up so we are in a far better position.

whether it’s harsh or not - the whole point is - they should have been in the title race that season - Leicester won it for goodness sake  ;D  That’s the point, it was the prefect storm.

As for early development, not sure I agree with that, plus - you can counter that with the ‘but Leicester won it for goodness sake’ argument, what sort of development where they in, with a coach who’d been there less time than Pochettino had at Spurs.   Spurs had the likes of Lloris, Eriksen, Walker, Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, most of them had been at Spurs for at least a couple years, most of them experienced players in their prime. As well as Kane, Alli, Son, Dier of course. They had a really good settled squad with a settled manager / coach

It was a massive missed opportunity.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22185 on: July 7, 2020, 12:45:31 pm »
Can't believe you missed the opportunity to say ''No one is going to buy him at the price Spurs would Levy'' #punsneedwork
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22186 on: July 7, 2020, 02:04:41 pm »
Mourinho sounds like a pundit now in his post match interviews.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22187 on: July 7, 2020, 02:47:49 pm »
some "news" outlets are going with this story:

"Spurs CL hopes are still alive after victory over Everton."

yeah.....what? They are a point behind arsenal and not even Claude thinks Arsenal are getting CL. They are 7 behind Ole the Genius and 4 behind Wolves with 5 to play. That's a lot of points to make up.

I mean, I suppose they still have a chance.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22188 on: July 8, 2020, 05:24:56 am »
some "news" outlets are going with this story:

"Spurs CL hopes are still alive after victory over Everton."

yeah.....what? They are a point behind arsenal and not even Claude thinks Arsenal are getting CL. They are 7 behind Ole the Genius and 4 behind Wolves with 5 to play. That's a lot of points to make up.

I mean, I suppose they still have a chance.

They're shite, and articles should never be talking up their chances. The one thing they have going for them though is that their fixtures are favourable. Bournemouth up next, which is as much a gimme as anyone could wish for at the moment, and they play both Arsenal and Leicester at home.

4th is pretty impossible, but due to everyone's inconsistency, they do still have an outside chance of 5th. But they'd have to win every game, which I don't expect and anyway there are no guarantees 5th even gives CL.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #22189 on: July 8, 2020, 07:15:27 am »
4th is pretty impossible, but due to everyone's inconsistency, they do still have an outside chance of 5th. But they'd have to win every game, which I don't expect and anyway

While also hoping for others to drop lots of points...

Leicester’s form is pretty poor right now but even so, they’d have to completely tank to finish behind Spurs.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22190 on: July 8, 2020, 11:06:46 am »
Eric Dier has the next 4 games off for heading up into the stand and having a few words with one of their fans. Which, as you remember, happened some time in 2017.

Though If I was him I'd be gutted it wasn't 5 games so I could have the rest of the season off.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #22191 on: July 8, 2020, 11:10:30 am »
Eric Dier has the next 4 games off for heading up into the stand and having a few words with one of their fans. Which, as you remember, happened some time in 2017.

Though If I was him I'd be gutted it wasn't 5 games so I could have the rest of the season off.

I was a little surprised to read this bit in the Guardian's report on it:

Dier has been in excellent form since the Premier League’s restart in his preferred centre-half position.

I may need to revisit the opticians.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22192 on: July 8, 2020, 11:11:36 am »

Dier has been in excellent form since the Premier League’s restart in his preferred centre-half position.

Has he ever been in excellent form? Christ remember when all the Ingurlunders thought he was better than Hendo...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22193 on: July 8, 2020, 11:24:32 am »

Amazing what a british passport will get you! Christ he's woeful. Spurs fans should be upset it wasn't five games, so they can make a push to qualify for europe (somewhere in the top 7/8 should do it)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22194 on: July 8, 2020, 11:26:08 am »
A suspended Eric Dier should give Spurs a big boost as they attempt to achieve their ultimate ambition of finishing above Arsenal.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22195 on: July 8, 2020, 11:54:36 am »
Has he ever been in excellent form? Christ remember when all the Ingurlunders thought he was better than Hendo...

I vaguely remember him scoring some good goals from free kicks, but apart from that he's been pretty average whenever I've watched him play.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #22196 on: July 8, 2020, 12:02:01 pm »
I vaguely remember him scoring some good goals from free kicks, but apart from that he's been pretty average whenever I've watched him play.

He's like a slower Tom Huddlestone

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22197 on: July 8, 2020, 12:03:22 pm »
Amazing what a british passport will get you! Christ he's woeful. Spurs fans should be upset it wasn't five games, so they can make a push to qualify for europe (somewhere in the top 7/8 should do it)

There does seem to be some sort of criticism force field around this club at times. None of their players have ever dived; they never try to injure an opponent, it's just a clumsy tackle; they've never bottled it when they're close to winning a trophy, just been unlucky; etc.

And if Kane is still England captain after Hendo has captained his club team to four trophies in 12 months, then Southgate needs a good slap.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22198 on: July 8, 2020, 12:04:46 pm »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #22199 on: July 8, 2020, 02:05:02 pm »
The Special Once doesn't like this ban for Dier, his chances to get the sack and another large payout diminish.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.