Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181437 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #520 on: December 7, 2018, 03:02:19 pm »
I think last season (maybe) Kent came back here and turned out for the U23's and looked much more physically developed than when he left. Think the rest of the season at Derby will benefit Wilson no end, he could be a great backup for the front three next season, can play any of the positions and is fast, shut up! he is

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #521 on: December 7, 2018, 03:14:53 pm »
Why don't we just wait and see. There is no right or wrong with either argument at this point.

The coaches here, the people running the club now, are making far more right than wrong decisions these days with players, be it signings, selling, or in which young players have what it takes to make the step up, or who needs to be on loan. The chances are is they are making the right decisions and choices with Wilson too.

If he makes it, great, if he doesn't, he'll just be another in a long line of promising and often very hyped talents who can't take it to the next level. It's only a very small percentage of younger players who do end up making it to the very top after all.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: December 7, 2018, 05:10:55 pm »
I’ve watched him from u18’s I know what type of player he is, if you don’t think he’s a goal scorer then please stop talking about him because you’ve missed the most consistent part of his game since before he was 16.

LOL?  You've watched him at youth player so that overrides what he has done at Derby.  Ok then..

I think there's probably a happy medium where people don't think he's already doomed to fail, but on the flip side don't think that he's already good enough to get into a team which has been performing as one the top 2/3 sides in Europe for a good 12 months now. He deserves an opportunity to see if he can maintain the form he's been showing at a good level, but its certainly not the guarantee certain posters seem to think it is. There's a few other young attacking midfielders, like Grealish or Harvey Barnes, who are also performing very well and have done previously in the Championship but then Grealish was strongly linked with Spurs over the summer for £20 million plus so again, Wilson is definitely worth a crack and hopefully he grabs it and saves us a load of money.

Wilson is nothing like Grealish, don't know enough about Barnes.  He's not a midfielder, he'd be a sub for Salah or Mane and in that regards he doesn't have the skills we need in my mind.  Does that mean he's shit?  No.  But like any other thread on a player on this forum there is no in between for most posters.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #523 on: December 7, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/Blades_analytic/status/1071061933426728961?s=19

Herbie Kane as the stats stand out for league one mids.

Think he might be best off sitting out jan to july and signing elsewhere mind. Hard to see us doing anything but sending him out on loan again next season.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #524 on: December 7, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »

He's not a midfielder

Probably not, but the advanced one in a 433 is often an ex forward who we might not have expected there - ox, lallana.  Kloppo has said he wants him here next year and I believe he would only say that as he thinks he has a chance, so let us see...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: December 7, 2018, 05:30:33 pm »
Probably not, but the advanced one in a 433 is often an ex forward who we might not have expected there - ox, lallana.  Kloppo has said he wants him here next year and I believe he would only say that as he thinks he has a chance, so let us see...

Ox and Lallana were never forwards.  Like I said, would be happy to be proved wrong.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: December 7, 2018, 07:12:25 pm »
And Mahrez is the opposite, so now what? Lazy argument two different players, tactically or technically there has always been a great disparity between the two.
Well yeah, there's plenty of late developers.
Jamie Vardy, Ian Wright, Andy Robertson...

That doesn't prove that Harry Wilson is going to be a first team regular for us.

We'll see what happens. If his goals for Derby mean we get a good fee, then great. If he comes back and plays games for us, even better.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: December 8, 2018, 09:18:39 am »
Love the way Wilson strikes the ball. Could watch it all the time.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: December 8, 2018, 04:00:07 pm »
It comes from the correct perception that he's quick with the ball at his feet.
Opinions and all that, but I don't think he is personally, at least for the wide position in our system. If you mean he's almost as quick with the ball as he is without it then I'd agree, and that's pretty rare in a footballer and indicative of good technique, but that to me does not necessarily a quick player make. Maybe that's an incorrect perception, but I've watched every game he's played for Wales and I just don't see it.

Not saying he won't make it with us (though I'm not sure it'll happen myself, even though I'd love to see a Welsh first teamer at Liverpool) as he has several other strings to his bow, but I still reckon he might be better centrally although it would negate the impact of him cutting in from the right, which he does beautifully. Had one cleared off the line today, apparently. Be great if he keeps up his hot streak.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: December 8, 2018, 04:33:35 pm »
Hertha BSC at home to Eintracht Frankfurt today. Marko Grujic starts.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #530 on: December 8, 2018, 05:35:27 pm »
Hertha BSC at home to Eintracht Frankfurt today. Marko Grujic starts.

You mean Wilson?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: December 8, 2018, 06:13:32 pm »
And Marko scores  ;D  Really good header too!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: December 8, 2018, 07:37:39 pm »
Marko Grujic's goal:
https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/1071470275668140033

He played very well. He looks like a real leader out there in the middle, and Hertha are such a better team for having him in.  Strong in the tackle and interception, strong in the air.
Some stats to back up how much better Hertha are with him in the team:
With Marko the have averaged 2.2 points and 2.6 goals a game, but those 8 games without him they just managed 1.13 points on average and 1 goal a game.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: December 8, 2018, 09:05:27 pm »
Marko Grujic's goal:
https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/1071470275668140033

He played very well. He looks like a real leader out there in the middle, and Hertha are such a better team for having him in.  Strong in the tackle and interception, strong in the air.
Some stats to back up how much better Hertha are with him in the team:
With Marko the have averaged 2.2 points and 2.6 goals a game, but those 8 games without him they just managed 1.13 points on average and 1 goal a game.
Nice to hear. Still feel there's a player in there. Doubt it'll be with us, but you never know. That mix of physical and technical attributes is pretty rare.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: December 8, 2018, 10:52:59 pm »
Nice to hear. Still feel there's a player in there. Doubt it'll be with us, but you never know. That mix of physical and technical attributes is pretty rare.

yeah, never say never!  He's 22 I think now? But is on a long contract here.  Milly is 32 now, Lallana is 30 (31 by next season) and has had a few injury troubles, we will need another midfielder in a year or two.

Maybe ideal senario is if he stays where he is for this season and next. Of course a lot can change, so we'll see! But they love him at Hertha. Their coach Pal Dardai was saying after the game today that he's the best midfielder they've had there in years. He just becoming a real star and leader in that team.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #535 on: December 8, 2018, 11:38:16 pm »
It'll be interesting to see who Klopp brings into the squad next season from youth/loan. We still have brewster and solanke here who havent had a go this season because of injuries and the squad still settling and then there's wilson and awoniyi on loan. I personally dont think Wilson is still quite ready for the level we need. He'll need one more season in loan, preferably in the premier league or one of the decent top division clubs in Europe to really get there. Dont think Awoniyi will make the cut. I do have high hopes from Dom and Brewster though. Both could make the cut.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #536 on: December 9, 2018, 11:16:46 am »
Klopp has said that he will be here next season. I would assume he therefore intends to give him some game time and it would then be up to Harry

He seems to be making good progress at Derby, and you would imagine the pressure of a Championship play-off/promotion race would do him the world of good.

That being said, if we do end up in the Europa League then I could see us looking to rest some players in at least the round of 32 and 16 to focus on the PL, so that would be at least four games.

I'm personally hoping we beat Napoli and get through and the lad stays out at Derby.

If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #537 on: December 9, 2018, 12:40:09 pm »
It'll be interesting to see who Klopp brings into the squad next season from youth/loan. We still have brewster and solanke here who havent had a go this season because of injuries and the squad still settling and then there's wilson and awoniyi on loan. I personally dont think Wilson is still quite ready for the level we need. He'll need one more season in loan, preferably in the premier league or one of the decent top division clubs in Europe to really get there. Dont think Awoniyi will make the cut. I do have high hopes from Dom and Brewster though. Both could make the cut.

He'll have had 18 months out on loan by the summer, assuming he sees the season out at Derby.

He doesn't need another season out on loan after this one, the club will have seen more than enough of him to know whether he has a long-term future at Liverpool.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: December 9, 2018, 01:16:12 pm »
a bit of update on Grujic

not sure he have a future here. but scored the winner for Hertha vs Frankfurt. and seem to be a regular in the squad.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #539 on: December 9, 2018, 02:44:49 pm »
Hertha Berlin manager Pal Dardai, who described Marko Grujić as "the best midfielder we've had in 20 years".

The praise came after Grujić scored a towering header for the Berlin club to beat Eintracht Frankfurt at the Olympiastadion, sealing back to back wins.

In just his seventh appearance for the Bundesliga club, Dardai spoke in glowing terms about the Serbian midfielder after a dominant performance.

“Marko is the best midfielder we have had in the last 20 years. The club is doing everything to make it last longer,” the manager told reporters after the game - a very humble admission from the man who played in midfield for Hertha for 14 years.

Grujic has become one of Hertha's most important and most popular players already, with centre-back Fabian Lustenberger telling herthabsc.de that “Marko has everything: offensive quality, defensive stability, strength and footballing ability.”

“You often talk about a complete player and you need a lot to fulfil all the criteria as a central midfielder. We are glad that he is fit with us and again,” Lustenberger said.

Unfortunately for them, he is only on a season long loan from Liverpool. However, given the competition to break into Liverpool's midfield - Naby Keita is struggling for starts - don't be surprised to see Grujić make the move permanent come the summer.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: December 9, 2018, 03:54:43 pm »
Ovie Ejaria trending on Twitter, seemingly due to how poor he's been. Rangers fans don't appear to be particularly enamoured by him. Has anyone here been watching the lad?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: December 9, 2018, 03:59:30 pm »
Ovie Ejaria trending on Twitter, seemingly due to how poor he's been. Rangers fans don't appear to be particularly enamoured by him. Has anyone here been watching the lad?

Seen a bit and he’s done ok

Gerrard seems to pick him for the big games so that tells me something

He started on the bench today so expect he’ll start their must win match Thursday

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: December 9, 2018, 04:01:55 pm »
Was due to a passage of play that ended badly, got the ball edge of the box, faked to shoot twice and lost the ball as he turned 

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #543 on: December 9, 2018, 04:23:53 pm »
Hertha Berlin manager Pal Dardai, who described Marko Grujić as "the best midfielder we've had in 20 years".
My man Grujic doing bits for Hertha. That is some incredible praise from the manager. Marko is gonna be a top,top player.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: December 9, 2018, 05:44:19 pm »
My man Grujic doing bits for Hertha. That is some incredible praise from the manager. Marko is gonna be a top,top player.

Unbelievable praise from both manager and player

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: December 9, 2018, 05:46:33 pm »
He's still got a future here I think

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: December 9, 2018, 06:03:50 pm »

I’d think so

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: December 9, 2018, 06:18:24 pm »
He is playing in 2 in 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation. Will be definitely useful next season.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: December 9, 2018, 10:07:02 pm »
Grujic's first goal+all touches by MrBoywunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRsCzb-1wmw

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: December 9, 2018, 10:50:16 pm »
Sell Grujic with a very low buy back clause? Or let him have one more year on loan?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2018, 12:34:44 am »
Sell Grujic with a very low buy back clause? Or let him have one more year on loan?

See how it goes in the pre-season, and then back on loan maybe. He's on a long deal here, no huge rush to sell him. 

That article above saying they reckon Hertha will buy is just a fan article and likely wide of the mark. They are not a 'big club' as it where, they don't spend much on transfers (most they have ever spent is about 7 mill), but he's adding a lot of value the way he's playing right now. I really don't see they'd rush to sell unless it was a good offer from somewhere.  And if a loan is needed again - send him back to Berlin!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: December 10, 2018, 12:50:16 am »
Impressive game. He's improving, for sure. Dominant on headers, decent passing and ballhandling, and he's certainly not afraid of getting stuck in. Not the most fleet of foot but he's a big unit. I wonder if the club eyeballs him as the potential longterm replacement for Henderson or Milner?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:57:41 am by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2018, 01:27:22 am »
Where’s serbian36 when you need him.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2018, 01:51:33 am »
Where’s serbian36 when you need him.
:D Haha, come to think of it we need a Swiss36 for Shaqiri too.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #554 on: December 10, 2018, 10:14:41 am »
Tricky one with him, looks like the most likely 'first teamers' that we'd be losing over the next few years would be the likes of Sturridge, Milner, Lallana, Clyne and even Hendo (probably Moreno and Mignolet too) so the majority being British and homegrown means we'll need to be thinking more about quotas and might not have space for a back up foreign CM.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2018, 04:32:57 pm »
Camacho will replace clyne eventually. Ejaria or wilson might find a place.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: December 11, 2018, 12:27:31 am »
He doesn't even play rb for the u23s. No chance this happens. Hoover the next in line it seems.
Camacho will replace clyne eventually. Ejaria or wilson might find a place.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #557 on: December 11, 2018, 10:33:09 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QrJuKst6TbE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QrJuKst6TbE</a>

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
Marko Grujic is getting no luck with injuries  :(

He's picked up an ankle ligament injury and won't be back till after the winter break. So he misses 3 Hertha games.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2018, 04:50:45 pm »
Marko Grujic is getting no luck with injuries  :(

He's picked up an ankle ligament injury and won't be back till after the winter break. So he misses 3 Hertha games.

A shame that

If he was here he’d miss about 14 games in that time though ;D