Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135090 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #760 on: August 9, 2019, 10:02:04 pm »
Such an annoying pundit. Really awful pundit. Legend he may be but I can't stand his commentary.

Agreed, him and Tyler were both awful tonight
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: August 9, 2019, 10:10:28 pm »
Is a fucking cockwomble.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: August 9, 2019, 10:12:01 pm »
What did he do?

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #763 on: August 9, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »
What did he do?

Tries too hard to be objective and it is so forced. Wants to be friends with everyone and was eulogising about Everton away trips to Norwich... pure arsehole.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: August 9, 2019, 11:20:32 pm »
I'm not usually one to join the pile-on on Carra, he's a Liverpool legend in my eyes, I grew up watching him leave everything on the pitch for us year upon year upon year. But he was chatting some rare shit tonight. "Liverpool would've lost this against better opposition" is such a fucking lazy observation, we wouldn't have been playing like that against better opposition. We knew the game was won and just allowed complacency to creep in.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: August 11, 2019, 11:06:04 am »
Absolutely terrible pundit, cringe every time he has something to say.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: August 11, 2019, 12:31:12 pm »
Always tends to happen with ex players when they go into media, they try and compensate for their natural bias, and then swing completely the other way and develop an agenda against their former team(s).

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #767 on: August 11, 2019, 03:28:46 pm »
In fairness to Carra he's a terrible pundit even when we are not involved...

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2019, 04:15:38 pm »
He’s awful and tries way too hard.

Would prefer him off my screen these days.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2019, 05:33:07 pm »
When he said he was 'delighted' Noriwch got a goal I thought 'oh oh Twitetr will hang him'. Tbf you could argue they did 'deserve' one for actually trying (which many better sides will not do this season) but he shouldn't have said it with such enthusiasm.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #770 on: August 11, 2019, 05:35:21 pm »
Think he's clearly been told not to come across too biased, and imagine if you heard him commentate as the fan he is then he'd be very different.

Can't have too much of a go at him for that, as must be hard to hide such bias and will no doubt sometimes mean some clangers.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #771 on: August 13, 2019, 12:23:36 pm »
The bloke's a toatal fucking legend.

End of.
Why was my post deleted?

Offline CaptainBeefheart

• Vliet of foot - in fact he is fast and bulbous
  • Anny Roader
  • S.O.S.
« Reply #772 on: August 13, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »
Liverpool legend, seems like a top fella too.

Commentates on us like the worst kind of main stand moaner tho, probably too close to it

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #773 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:25 pm »
They have hired him for Swedish TV last couple of years as a pitchside pundit for our Champions League games and there he's as pro-Liverpool biased as humanely possible when he's in with a foreign audience. Everyone keep calm.
Linudden.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: August 13, 2019, 03:34:09 pm »
Taking away the pro-Liverpool stance he should have or the anti-Liverpool stance he does have, the real issue is that he just isn't a good co-commentator. Even in games not involving us, he constantly reads the play wrong and seems oblivious to what is happening in front of his eyes. Doesn't seem to really understand the tactical side of things away from MNF, when he obviously has time to prepare or may even get things fed to him.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:36:29 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: September 2, 2019, 12:34:46 am »
Maybe I was a bit harsh on him a few weeks ago, but man he was pants in his co commentary for the Norwich game. Seems to have settled in a bit into the season and giving more balanced, better quality contributions.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2019, 06:37:45 am »
Patrice Evra: Jamie Carragher apologises for Luis Suarez T-shirts
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50133876

Ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has apologised to Patrice Evra for wearing T-shirts in support of Luis Suarez after the Uruguayan racially abused the Frenchman in 2011.

After a two-month investigation, Suarez was given an eight-game ban by the Football Association on 21 December.

A day later, Liverpool wore 'Suarez 7' T-shirts in the warm-up before their Premier League game against Wigan.

Carragher said the club "got it massively wrong".

The former England defender was working in his role as pundit on Sky Sports on Monday alongside ex-Manchester United full-back Evra.

Carragher said: "There is no doubt we made a massive mistake; that was obvious. We got to the ground, had our lunch and then had a team meeting - I don't know if it was the manager [Kenny Dalglish] or [coach] Steve Clarke - asking one of the players if he was still wearing the shirt, and that is the first I had heard of it.

"I am not lying and saying I wasn't part of it because as the club we got it wrong, and I was vice-captain. I am not sure who was actually behind it. I don't think it had anything to do with the manager Kenny; I think it was the players who were close to Luis in the dressing room, who really wanted to support their mate.

"Maybe I have to look at myself now and say I did not have the courage as an individual to say 'I am not wearing it'. I don't think everyone within Liverpool Football Club thought what we were doing was right but I do think as a football club, or you as a family, your first reaction is to support them even if you know that they are wrong, and that is wrong."

Evra added: "When I saw it I was like, this is ridiculous. This is unbelievable. You put your own club in danger when you do those things. You always have to support your player because he is from your team but this was after the ban. If it was before and we were waiting for the sanction, I would understand.

"What message do you send to the world? Supporting someone being banned because he used some racist words."

What happened between Suarez and Evra?

In November 2011, Suarez was charged by the Football Association with racially abusing Evra in a 1-1 draw between Liverpool and Manchester United at Anfield one month earlier.

On 20 December, Suarez was banned for eight games following a six-day hearing, during which Suarez was accused of using "insulting words", which included reference to the colour of Evra's skin. The ban was suspended pending an appeal. One day later, Suarez started in a 0-0 draw against Wigan, a game in which he and his team-mates wore T-shirts with Suarez's name and picture on during the warm-up, in a display of support for the Uruguayan.

Liverpool backed the player in the dispute, saying: "We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone.

"No-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United team-mates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth."

Suarez told media in Uruguay that he "called [Evra] something his team-mates at Manchester call him".

Evra made his claims immediately after the match and was quoted as telling French television station Canal Plus: "There are cameras, you can see [Suarez] say a certain word to me at least 10 times."

The Football Association's report into the incident, released at the end of December 2011, stated that, after being tackled by the Uruguayan, Evra asked Suarez why he had kicked him, to which the forward replied in Spanish: "Because you are black."

When Evra challenged him to repeat the answer and said he would "punch him", Suarez said: "I don't speak to blacks."

Suarez is said to have used the term "negro" seven times in around two minutes.

On 3 January 2012, Liverpool decided not to appeal against the verdict, but the club maintained Suarez was innocent.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2019, 06:44:45 am »
Genuinly don’t think he had much option but to say that. Pretty stitiched up by Sky to have Evra there when they are doing a big push on racism and then this being brought up.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2019, 08:42:24 am »
Whilst I didn't agree with the t-shirt idea, I dont think there is anything to apologise for. It was a pathetic attempt by the club to support a player who, for all his talents, was just accused of being a racist. They could've shown solidarity in 1000s of other ways, and this t-shirt was not even among the 100 worst ideas. And yet it was done. But whats done is done.

Having said that, fair dos Carra. It takes one to identify a mistake, leave alone apologise. On live telly.

But that doesn't absolve Evra of the c*nt player that he was.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2019, 09:10:14 am »
Carragher is an absolute embarrassment these days. Should've been a club legend, instead he's just a Rupert Murdoch puppet.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2019, 09:19:53 am »
Carragher is an absolute embarrassment these days. Should've been a club legend, instead he's just a Rupert Murdoch puppet.
When has he been any different lad, kept his mouth shut when the club nearly went under and helped shaft Rafa just so he got himself a nice new contract when he should have been bombed out of the club earlier. Sickening to hear him , Evra has pulled that race card a few times so I would have serious doubts about his side of events . Should his true form assaulting that fan but makes loads of videos acting the nice guy so he must be right? If I was on the board I would be pulling him aside and warning him if he keeps up his shite he won’t be stepping inside Anfield again. 

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:26 am »
He was an embarrassment on Sunday. Neville and Tyler spent the whole 90 minutes laying into us; we needed Carragher to give it back to them but instead he not only allowed it to continue but he got involved, started some elements of the criticism and egged them on.

This Evra thing is no different. He's not saying his opinion, he's just saying what Sky want him to.

Instead of apologising for wearing t-shirts, he should have asked Evra to apologise for licking and sucking a fucking uncooked turkey.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:41:12 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2019, 09:54:30 am »
He was an embarrassment on Sunday. Neville and Tyler spent the whole 90 minutes laying into us; we needed Carragher to give it back to them but instead he not only allowed it to continue but he got involved, started some elements of the criticism and egged them on.

This Evra thing is no different. He's not saying his opinion, he's just saying what Sky want him to.

Instead of apologising for wearing t-shirts, he should have asked Evra to apologise for licking and sucking a fucking uncooked turkey.

Weird take this. We fucked up with the T-shirts and our stance on it. Evra Came accross well last night and Carragher did the right thing and even took blame on himself personally.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: October 22, 2019, 09:55:05 am »
He's completely right about the Evra stuff and it's embarrassing that people on here still can't see it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #784 on: October 22, 2019, 10:11:11 am »
Right or not, he really didn’t have much of an option.

Sky forced him into a corner, and could you imagine if he came out defending that in the wake of recent events? He’s have been absolutely slated left, right and centre in the press.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2019, 10:21:52 am »
He was a big moaner on the pitch. Remember him blaming Enrique for everything when his legs were gone.

Now he just moans about Liverpool on commentary all the time too.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2019, 10:31:32 am »
He's a grade A plonker.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #787 on: October 22, 2019, 10:32:58 am »
I think the episode cast a dark cloud over the club and I'm glad Carragher has admitted we got it wholly wrong. I remember feeling completely at unease about it at the time: the pseudo RAWK lawyers, the lip reading experts, the false "negrito" narrative and the Uruguyan grannies - all muddied the waters and the t-shirt fiasco only compounded matters. My non-Liverpool and indeed non-football fans were dumbfounded by our stance. Suarez would do anything to gain an advantage, to win at all costs. I don't doubt he would say something to a player from a fierce rival to rile them up and provoke a reaction and get them sent off - we saw similar with the ear biting, the play acting, etc.

A lot of people turned a blind eye to his dubious character flaws to defend the indefensible - it's only since hes left us and acted a c*nt that there seems to be broader revision amongst our fanbase.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: October 22, 2019, 10:35:57 am »
Wonder what his problem with Trent is? The 3 of them seem to loathe him and every commentary is relentless snide digs, if Robbo makes a mistake, Trent gets the stick  ;D Meanwhile barely a peep from yet another woeful bit of defending from Bissaka costing Utd a goal, that's about 5 this season but apparently he's a rock defensively.

Agree with this- there is a weird narrative forming around Trent from the media as a whole. He is (just) 21, double Champions League finalist, part of the best defence in the country but anyone listening to these would think he was a liability. Even his ability on the ball is not praised as highly as it should be

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: October 22, 2019, 10:36:44 am »
He's completely right about the Evra stuff and it's embarrassing that people on here still can't see it.
Absolutely. Says it all about where we all stand with racism. Carra rightly pointed out Sterling and Mendy conveniently turning a blind eye to it when it suited their team mate too. We're all bad hypocrites. Particularly those that still defend our actions back then.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #790 on: October 22, 2019, 10:38:50 am »
I think it was always going to be brought up once Evra was on particularly with Racism rearing its ugly head again

at least he admitted he got it wrong, there was plenty of people backing it up at the time (and at the time im sure i did)

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284323.0

including that joke of a post "our suarez is a friend to all colours"

i think we were all a bit pissed our best player got suspended but lets face it the club handled it terribly
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: October 22, 2019, 10:40:06 am »

100%. Amazed at some of the takes in this thread today.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: October 22, 2019, 10:43:01 am »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #793 on: October 22, 2019, 11:16:30 am »
i think we were all a bit pissed our best player got suspended but lets face it the club handled it terribly

Exactly. Carra was pointing this out in his discussion with Evra. People have to understand this.

I dont like Evra. But I do think he was right in pointing it out. And Carra did the right thing, given the circumstances.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #794 on: October 22, 2019, 11:17:18 am »

My thoughts exactly. Backed into a corner last night, he could have said his views had changed and left it at that, as by definition you can bet the rest of the squad at the time will get bombarded with it and all the publicity will be bad for the club again.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #795 on: October 22, 2019, 11:34:39 am »
United handled it badly when Peter Schmeichel racially abused Ian Wright but they never apologised.

Evra abused Suarez's heritage and family to start it off so he wasn't the innocent victim he is portrayed as.

I wish Carrragher got sacked coz he's over compensating for spitting at that fan and sucking up to the Mancs. Cant stand him, hes a backstabber anyway. He loves United anyway. If you read his book he says how much he loves Ferguson and he grew up a blue. He's not one of us.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:37:11 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #796 on: October 22, 2019, 11:35:05 am »
It is amazing how time affects people's opinions. The only hypocrites here are those going back on their opinions at that time, quite possibly because Suarez is no longer in their good books. If you supported him then and not now, there is only one explanation.

The media agenda is as prevalent as ever and for people not to see it is fascinating. They are bullies who were called out last year quite rightly by Sterling, and like all bullies do, they backed down when confronted. They then pull a 180 and portray Sterling as a hero figure, but haven't called out his hypocrisy on Bernardo Silva either. He was out for himself, as most are.

The changing of opinions on this is the same as politicians towing the party line, saying whatever suits their current position, pretending it is based on their principles instead of realising it is their current self-interest driving their new position. It is the same as people suddenly disliking Suarez after we played them last year. He hasn't changed, your perspective has because of his new position in relation to you.

I was fine with getting on Suarez's back during the game, after all, it is all healthy competition, but those who kept a grudge and saw his reptuation as somehow tainted after that game are the people who need to re-evaluate their basis for forming opinions. Again, Suarez hasn't changed.

The same is true of Carragher now. He is still the same person as he has always been. His apology isn't from a new found revelation in his life, it is based on his new self-interest. If he didn't believe in the shirts then, he should have said something then, otherwise this apology just comes from the same place, being put in a position and going along with it. Which is exactly the type of behaviour that allows racism to go unchecked in the first place. People not wanting to stand out, not wanting to risk confrontation, going along with something to avoid any awkwardness that may arise.

Nobody in the situation is doing anything noble or progressive. It is just easier now to go along with that narrative as it is has less of an impact on the reputation of present day Liverpool FC and its players, and provides a guise for having evolved and learned from a situation. My guess is that a similar situation happens today and everyone backs our player (as happened with Firmino not too long ago).

Backing our player isn't morally wrong either as it all depends on context, evidence and the situation itself. Those aspects are still the same on the Suarez case as they were then, so the points being made at the time are still valid, and if it is racist now, then it was racist then, and those who defended him, who have now reversed their opinions defended what they consider racist behaviour, which is clearly morally wrong.

Defending him wasn't the easy or popular path of least resistance, so whether it was foolish, it was brave of Liverpool to take that stand. As far as I can see, everyone else has opted now for that path of least resistance. We all had the same facts then as we do now, and I don't remember many, if any, voices speaking against the club then despite the criticism we were getting from those outside. But maybe that was again just sheep going along with the herd, the same behaviour that is now driving the reverse opinion.

Have whatever opinion you want, but to jump on your high horse now, given the opinions some of the same people had then is laughable.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:48:28 am by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #797 on: October 22, 2019, 11:41:17 am »
Wonder what his problem with Trent is? The 3 of them seem to loathe him and every commentary is relentless snide digs, if Robbo makes a mistake, Trent gets the stick  ;D Meanwhile barely a peep from yet another woeful bit of defending from Bissaka costing Utd a goal, that's about 5 this season but apparently he's a rock defensively.

Who? The ex-United RB who had an ounce of the talent of Trent, the ex-LFC RB/CB who maybe had even less....and Martin Tyler? No idea ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #798 on: October 22, 2019, 11:50:45 am »
Can't stand Carragher these days, but the whole Suarez t-shirt thing was just a shitshow. This probably wasn't the way anyone should have had to apologise though (should have happened a long time ago anyway, if that is what Evra was after), but Sky will have loved doing it like this. So good for him for it in that sense, not that he had any choice.

One thing it doesn't change though is the fact that Patrice Evra is one of the snidest, nastiest pricks in football. 

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #799 on: October 22, 2019, 11:55:42 am »

Weird take this. We fucked up with the T-shirts and our stance on it. Evra Came accross well last night and Carragher did the right thing and even took blame on himself personally.

Wasnt he captain on the day? He can hardly shirk responsibility, he could have easily stopped it (or Kenny).

Didnt help that Teflon Ayre was running the club at the time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season