Author Topic: Andy Carroll  (Read 115271 times)

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Andy Carroll Loan Watch
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »
Absolutely embarrassing SKY commentary yet again. They really are a gang of fucking Muppets.

Yes he has had a decent game and a few knockdowns but Barcelona won't be coming knocking anytime soon.

I want Andy to do well but if he had played the exact way for us as he did today the 'pundits' would be bemoaning his lack of goal scoring prowess.

spot on. and his better performance was largely down to the way that west ham played. If we were to play that way consistently, people would be throwing their seats onto the anfield pitch in protest. He is the type of forward he is, and all we can hope for is a decent showing from him, so we get a higher price.

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2012, 04:23:26 pm »
I want Andy to break the Premier league scoring record and have teams across Europe hankering for his Zlatan like skills.  The more and better goals he scores, the more we will get back for him.  Come on you Irons.

EDIT: Don't want them to finish above us though.
I sincerely hope PSG decides to sign him for 40 million pound during Janurary transfer window after scoring bags for West Ham..I really do hope for it,..

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 1, 2012, 04:26:16 pm »
Judging from some match reports it sounds like he was a colossus, look at how prolific he became in front of goal the instant we let him go!

What's that you say?  He didn't score or get an assist?

Yeah, definitely no media bias against us...

"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #83 on: September 1, 2012, 04:36:13 pm »
I don't think it's bias at all. Of course they aren't looking as far into it as comparing the differing styles of play, but he had a good game, brought people into play and while he didn't get an assist I felt he played an important part in at least two of their goals.

Peter Crouch didn't either in his debut, or for a few games but we appreciated what he contributed to the cause.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2012, 04:37:53 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2012, 04:37:46 pm »
Judging from some match reports it sounds like he was a colossus, look at how prolific he became in front of goal the instant we let him go!

Embarrassing.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2012, 04:48:34 pm »
I don't think it's bias at all.

I stopped reading there.

Embarrassing.

What?  The fact that your life is so empty that you post 40 times a day on a single Internet forum?  I agree.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #86 on: September 1, 2012, 04:51:05 pm »

That's the problem about match reports, he effectively made the first goal after two minutes with a knock on and did the same 8 minutes later when they hit the bar. He was in the mix for the other two goals as well.

I've recovered a bit now and apologies for my outburst before, I've had a nap now but I've spent weeks listening to people who said we should cash in and get one or two 'better' replacements that match our style. Well his replacement was that outstanding striker fucking thinario. So that's not Brendan I'm having a pop at and I'm not sure who it is actually.

We'll see how the season progresses but if Suarez gets an injury (or whatever) then those people who think that 'lesser' teams like West Ham are not are rivals might get a shock. I was pleased with many of the buys/sells this year and last week's City game and look forward to our play outside the last third but I honestly think we were stronger enough, whilst Arsenal and Spurs were struggling, to get 4th place which would effectively give us the money we crave for Andy.

Margins make things happen, our margins have shrunk. A lot of people are in awe of a particular style of football but I'll tell you what when the going gets tough for Chelsea they hoofed the ball for Terry, Ivanovic and Drogba and they are European champions as a direct result. It's about having tools in your bag and I've yet to have it proved to me that one single way of playing will get you through every type of game, and you know what, that includes Barcelona who everyone strives to emulate, with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi (unmatchable at what they do) who fell to Real and Chelsea last year.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2012, 04:57:43 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 1, 2012, 04:56:52 pm »
spot on. and his better performance was largely down to the way that west ham played. If we were to play that way consistently, people would be throwing their seats onto the anfield pitch in protest. He is the type of forward he is, and all we can hope for is a decent showing from him, so we get a higher price.

Yeah, shit being 3-0 up at half time, I can hear the boos already. Do you remember the last time we were 3-0 up at Anfield at half-time, I'll tell you, Chelsea, it was awful was it not, I remember how pissed the fans were when they were getting their pies. How the hell did we manage that one eh?

As you can see I've got excited again, will need another nap soon.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 1, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »
2 assists from what the news is saying. I reckon he will do well there and as first games go not a bad start for the lad.

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Noble Nayudu

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: September 1, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »
Leave all the bitterness against Andy at the door, lads. Its fucking embarrassing.

They forget that Andy is still a liverpool player. They think criticising him and saying he is poor and will continue to struggle would make the decision of not signing a replacement seem better.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #90 on: September 1, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »
Andy is due to pull out of England squad duty - pulled leg muscle I believe

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #91 on: September 1, 2012, 06:12:10 pm »
What?  The fact that your life is so empty that you post 40 times a day on a single Internet forum?  I agree.
Could be worse I could be posting 40 times a day on an Internet Singles forum. :'(
But seriously, media bias against us because they said Andy Carroll played well?
Good Lord. :-[

Andy is due to pull out of England squad duty - pulled leg muscle I believe
I think someones having you on there mate. ;)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2012, 06:33:52 pm »
I like Andy and I hope he does well at West Ham. But the way Sky went on about him today was pathetic. He basically played the same way he plays every week.

Not suggesting there's an agenda against us, just think the press are lazy and like to follow a narrative. When we paid 35m, he was always going to be an expensive flop. Now he's a shrewd loan signing by Big Sam. The truth is he wasn't THAT bad for us and he probably won't be THAT good for them.

How they gave him 2 assists though is beyond me. Even for the first goal there was a lot to do after his knockdown.

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2012, 08:07:08 pm »

The more good games he has the more it provces we were right to send him there rather than watching his value plummet further on our bench. Wish it would have worked out for him here as he's unplayable on his day but it wasn't to be.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Online Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 1, 2012, 10:59:01 pm »
Seriously the commentators on MOTD were creaming themselves over him all game, then afterwards Shearer and Droopy both made out that he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Amazing how quickly he has morphed from "Ł35M Liverpool flop" into "Best big man in the League".
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Equilibrium

• Anny Roader
  • Only a select few achieve greatness...
« Reply #95 on: September 1, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »
Carroll never scored which is our problem! Can't these pundits see that! :butt
Vidal, Ronaldo, Neymar, Falcao, Veratti.

Mourinho, Klopp, Conte, Prandelli,Diego Simeone.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #96 on: September 1, 2012, 11:01:47 pm »
Lot of people in denial now here saying fatsam soccer is shit well, I don't care where goals come from I prefer watching British football to Spanish football to be honest, West had much more about them in the first half than we did against Hearts all game.  People saying they'll take points off our rivals with Carroll, wake up, they are our rvals, we're 5 points behind them already. Really pissed about this.

We are 8 points behind Chelsea, so we are still in the title race if results go our way...

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 1, 2012, 11:05:13 pm »
Still fuming about this loan deal.  Andy was forever doing those flick ons which got Nolan that 1st minute goal but no one had the brains to get on the end of them.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 1, 2012, 11:10:42 pm »
Hope he does well there, with a team set up to play to his strength's he should do. The fact that he no longer plays for us is already hyping up his profile.

Hopefully we might get some of our money back. Eventually.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »
Seriously, are we cured? You just know that he's going to go there and become a hero to West Ham fans.

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 1, 2012, 11:14:14 pm »
Also if Andy does well at West Ham I'd rather have him back in centre forward than selling him for 20 million if I'm being honest.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 1, 2012, 11:18:05 pm »
Seriously, are we cured? You just know that he's going to go there and become a hero to West Ham fans.

Good

Might add Ł10 million to the price

Like Torres and the rest, you have to move on.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 1, 2012, 11:19:45 pm »

Was never going to work out with us for a number of reasons that we'll just have to accept. The better he does there, the better it is for us.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
Andy Carroll Loan Watch
« Reply #103 on: September 1, 2012, 11:25:54 pm »
Could be worse I could be posting 40 times a day on an Internet Singles forum. :'(
But seriously, media bias against us because they said Andy Carroll played well?
Good Lord. :-[
I think someones having you on there mate. ;)
There IS a media bias against us-especially SKY,the likes of Jeff Stelling,Merson,Le Tissues and Nicholas pretend it's all just a bit of banter towards Thommo but in reality it is bitter,bitter venom.How can you think that there is no media bias against us after the Suarez/Evra Terry/Ferdinand coverage? It is a controlled campaign led by Rupert Murdoch in the same manner that SKY manipulates the viewer with their coverage of elections.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Swansea Red

• Stuck in no mans land
  • Kopite
  • Leave Swansea Red alone!
« Reply #104 on: September 1, 2012, 11:57:49 pm »
There IS a media bias against us-especially SKY,the likes of Jeff Stelling,Merson,Le Tissues and Nicholas pretend it's all just a bit of banter towards Thommo but in reality it is bitter,bitter venom.How can you think that there is no media bias against us after the Suarez/Evra Terry/Ferdinand coverage? It is a controlled campaign led by Rupert Murdoch in the same manner that SKY manipulates the viewer with their coverage of elections.
Oh dear.  Paranoia at its finest.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 1, 2012, 11:59:40 pm »

Don't confuse media bias against us with people laughing at us. Yes there are those that actively dislike this club and I am more than conscious that Murdoch does exert some control but I think he personally has got better things to do. If we seriously think that everything that happened last year from Evra to the Daily Mirror was a conspiracy involving all parties then that way lies the paranoia clinic. Any big club that falls from grace is open to ridicule, just look at Arsenal. It is made worse when fans delude themselves that we either deserve or will achieve success anymore than Newcastle, Swansea, Everton or Fulham.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 2, 2012, 12:11:26 am »
Yea I'd agree with that, we are sometimes overly paranoid. It is cringey to read some things on here sometimes, some on this forum don't realise that the team is currently a mid table team, and when spoken in the same breath as Fulham, Everton etc they get annoyed as it seems like its beneath us but until those people cop on to reality there will still unfortunately be plenty of ammo for 'Rawk goes into meltdown' type fanpages.

Also, we spent 35m on Carroll, 14m or so on Henderson, 20m on Downing and we don't expect a litle bit of media bashing?? Come on....if the boot was on the other foot we would (and do) hurl plenty of shit at our rivals.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2012, 12:13:03 am by Shannon »

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 2, 2012, 12:14:57 am »
Media doesn't win or lose games. Even if there was for what wages these blokes are being paid are you serious? Media reporting never won or lost a game. For me the whole media thing is a cop out.

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #108 on: September 2, 2012, 12:20:55 am »
Yea I'd agree with that, we are sometimes overly paranoid. It is cringey to read some things on here sometimes, some on this forum don't realise that the team is currently a mid table team, and when spoken in the same breath as Fulham, Everton etc they get annoyed as it seems like its beneath us but until those people cop on to reality there will still unfortunately be plenty of ammo for 'Rawk goes into meltdown' type fanpages.

Also, we spent 35m on Carroll, 14m or so on Henderson, 20m on Downing and we don't expect a litle bit of media bashing?? Come on....if the boot was on the other foot we would (and do) hurl plenty of shit at our rivals.
wonder what Rafa would have done with $70m ?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
Andy Carroll Loan Watch
« Reply #109 on: September 2, 2012, 12:31:01 am »
Don't confuse media bias against us with people laughing at us. Yes there are those that actively dislike this club and I am more than conscious that Murdoch does exert some control but I think he personally has got better things to do. If we seriously think that everything that happened last year from Evra to the Daily Mirror was a conspiracy involving all parties then that way lies the paranoia clinic. Any big club that falls from grace is open to ridicule, just look at Arsenal. It is made worse when fans delude themselves that we either deserve or will achieve success anymore than Newcastle, Swansea, Everton or Fulham.
The word 'conspiracy' is a whole lot different than 'bias' and I was referring to a post that claimed there was no media bias against us,which is untrue.
There is absolutely no way that,had an Arsenal player (a team that you used as an example) been in the exact situation that Luis Suarez was in regarding the Evra affair,they would have been villified in the same manner.
There are a lot of Liverpool haters outside of Liverpool believe it or not,it only takes one to take a peep into any other English teams forum to realise that-we are responsible for the  English club european ban,all seater stadiums,Englands crap performance in every single tournament post '66 and are all thieves from what I've read so I've no doubt that many journalists hanker these views also.
As for Rupert Murdoch,I've no doubt that he has much more important issues than hindering LFC (molesting gimps etc) but I'm sure that he created a 'template' so to speak with regards to how his personal dislikes are treated in his publications (Royal family etc)
Anyway,rant over and back on topic.......that Andy Carroll bloke is a world beater for West Ham isn't he?
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 2, 2012, 12:35:19 am »
The word 'conspiracy' is a whole lot different than 'bias' and I was referring to a post that claimed there was no media bias against us,which is untrue.
There is absolutely no way that,had an Arsenal player (a team that you used as an example) been in the exact situation that Luis Suarez was in regarding the Evra affair,they would have been villified in the same manner.
There are a lot of Liverpool haters outside of Liverpool believe it or not,it only takes one to take a peep into any other English teams forum to realise that-we are responsible for the  English club european ban,all seater stadiums,Englands crap performance in every single tournament post '66 and are all thieves from what I've read so I've no doubt that many journalists hanker these views also.
As for Rupert Murdoch,I've no doubt that he has much more important issues than hindering LFC (molesting gimps etc) but I'm sure that he created a 'template' so to speak with regards to how his personal dislikes are treated in his publications (Royal family etc)
Anyway,rant over and back on topic.......that Andy Carroll bloke is a world beater for West Ham isn't he?

I think it was also related to the fact that Suarez is not a popular character in the first place, I think it might have been a little different had it been another LFC player.

As for Andy Carroll, some people saying it suited because it was a long ball game, early assist came from a defensive header on the half way line flicked on to a two small, fast mobile forwards. Plan A/B

I also note that Swansea have added Michu who offers good aerial power to their team. 10 goals in 3 this year, 44 in 38 last year.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2012, 12:37:12 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2012, 12:38:43 am »
Fuck me, just watched MOTD, you'd think that Andy Carroll actually scored the goals. For the first one, he flicks it on and vaz te sets up Nolan. Vaz te got mentioned once in the commentary, it was all about Andy's flick on.

Don't get me wrong. I'm delighted for andy and he was probably the best player on the pitch, but if he did that flick on for us, it would go unmentioned.

Andy will be a good player in the future, but he just can't be a good player for us.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #112 on: September 2, 2012, 12:43:20 am »
Fuck me, just watched MOTD, you'd think that Andy Carroll actually scored the goals. For the first one, he flicks it on and vaz te sets up Nolan. Vaz te got mentioned once in the commentary, it was all about Andy's flick on.

Don't get me wrong. I'm delighted for andy and he was probably the best player on the pitch, but if he did that flick on for us, it would go unmentioned.

Andy will be a good player in the future, but he just can't be a good player for us.

He is already a good player.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Shannon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 2, 2012, 12:44:33 am »

That's because none of our players would have the brains to foresee the flick on and knock it into the onion bag!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2012, 12:44:43 am »

I think that's one of the things that people miss about Carroll (and Drogba for that matter) these players create space for others and disrupt defences. Toshack used to do this and Keegan picked up the pieces, it's just something that the statistics don't pick up. The facts are that we scored more goals per minute when Carroll was on the pitch last year than Suarez despite Carroll being poor most of the year and Suarez being a better player. You can dazzle all you like but it doesn't matter how messy the end results are it's the goals that count.

If you remember the Chelsea game he didn't score then either, that's not what matters.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 2, 2012, 12:53:28 am »
I think that's one of the things that people miss about Carroll (and Drogba for that matter) these players create space for others and disrupt defences. Toshack used to do this and Keegan picked up the pieces, it's just something that the statistics don't pick up. The facts are that we scored more goals per minute when Carroll was on the pitch last year than Suarez despite Carroll being poor most of the year and Suarez being a better player. You can dazzle all you like but it doesn't matter how messy the end results are it's the goals that count.

If you remember the Chelsea game he didn't score then either, that's not what matters.
Good point but it doesn't change the fact that Rodgers is putting huge emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground, negating Carrols huge strengths. We shouldn't change a game plan for one player. If you saw us against city, as soon as andy came on, hoof ball began. That's fine, it's what he's good at, but it's not what we are aiming to achieve. I don't know why we bought him in the first place really. Even last season, we barely played to his strengths. West ham used him better to his strengths than we ever did or probably ever will do. He fits in perfectly with them. The only problem for Andy is, not many TOP teams will play to his strengths, as the best teams usually keep the ball on the ground and only are limited in passing it long, and when they do, it's usually to the wingers who are in space. I think the best team Andy can hope to go to is Newcastle whomI doubt will match West Ham's offer at the end of the season which I fully expect them to make.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 2, 2012, 01:04:37 am »
Good point but it doesn't change the fact that Rodgers is putting huge emphasis on keeping the ball on the ground, negating Carrols huge strengths. We shouldn't change a game plan for one player. If you saw us against city, as soon as andy came on, hoof ball began. That's fine, it's what he's good at, but it's not what we are aiming to achieve. I don't know why we bought him in the first place really. Even last season, we barely played to his strengths. West ham used him better to his strengths than we ever did or probably ever will do. He fits in perfectly with them. The only problem for Andy is, not many TOP teams will play to his strengths, as the best teams usually keep the ball on the ground and only are limited in passing it long, and when they do, it's usually to the wingers who are in space. I think the best team Andy can hope to go to is Newcastle whomI doubt will match West Ham's offer at the end of the season which I fully expect them to make.

I like seeing the ball on the ground and in the air as well, Chelsea do as well when it matters and City also (Kompany, Dzeko and Toure)

Swansea play on the ground but needed a header to draw today. The thing that Carroll also offers is those flick on's which essentially are passes to good ball players and can have the same impact as 20 passes. Ultimately I like variety, Barca's one dimensional approach was found out last year in the absence of David Villa.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 2, 2012, 01:14:08 am »
I like seeing the ball on the ground and in the air as well, Chelsea do as well when it matters and City also (Kompany, Dzeko and Toure)

Swansea play on the ground but needed a header to draw today. The thing that Carroll also offers is those flick on's which essentially are passes to good ball players and can have the same impact as 20 passes. Ultimately I like variety, Barca's one dimensional approach was found out last year in the absence of David Villa.
He offers variety, agreed. But are we prepared to pay 80k a week for variety when plan a doesn't work? And who's to say when he comes on and try's to provide that variety that it will work? Because lets be honest, we are hardly going to be practicing playing long balls in training and coaching that sort of thing when Rodgers is still trying to drill plan a into the team. If we're trying to provide variety, I'm sure there's other ways than the long ball game

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #118 on: September 2, 2012, 02:11:27 am »

Jesus, turn it up, 'one dimensional approach' being 'found out'. So they were 'found out' coming second to a side who dropped only 14 points over the entire season. Real would have won the league any year it has been played with that total. I hardly think Barca coming second to a dominant Real when they had injuries to key players is having one of the greatest sides of all time 'found out'. If anything it's more an indictment of their 'one dimensional' approach that, despite these setbacks, they were able to amass a total that would generally have won the league.

The approach is and has been the cornerstone of their success. Whilst their exact approach won't suit us, it gives us the pattern (as does that of virtually all great sides in history) for us to base our future success on - that your own individual approach is the cornerstone of your success and is the one indelible constant.

Andy Carroll does not fit Brendan's approach. He simply doesn't have the passing and interplay abilities, which regardless of his other strengths are enough to rule him (or any other player lacking such) out.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 2, 2012, 03:56:08 am »
Don't West Ham have a fixed price for him if they want it? If so, all this talk of him driving his value up is pointless.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.