Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by jillcwhomever on Today at 08:25:18 am »
People are overstating the pace thing. Salah hasn't been rapid for a couple of years at least. He had found a way to compensate for that and still be a really good attacker.

What we're seeing since his return from injury is something else entirely. He seems completely shorn of all confidence, is getting physically bullied in most games, honestly doesn't have any spark whatsoever. Our one decent performance in the past six weeks came when he was benched.

I don't think I've ever seen such a drop off, especially for such an extended period and at such an important time. Pace is only a small factor.

Of all the numerous opinions on Salah, I actually agree with this the most. His pace has gone off, but he's been clever in being able to adapt to allow for that in the last couple of seasons. But his confidence seems blown away at the moment, and that's the concern. It's also hard with how you deal with it, leave him on the bench and it gets no better. Play him and he is still struggling anyway, I don't know what the best solution is at the moment. Salah like all players will have their own fears about their futures as well, it will be an unsettling time for the players as well, as to where they fit in going forward.
You can say Everton were winning their duels but when they clattered our players nothing was given and when we challenged their players a foul was given almost every time. The ref gave Everton the licence to attack our goal with set piece after set piece.
I'm sorry but that just isn't a reflection of the full game at all. Quansahs tackle in the second half where he left a bit on (I think) docoure was the first time I saw someone putting something in that looked like they fucking meant it all game

So if we tried that first half then it’s a clear foul as we couldn’t go near them without them falling over.

Hopper was ignoring Klopp on sideline who was clearly questioning why the officiating was so inconsistent.

It’s also just cliched bullshit about ‘wanting it’. We should have been leading at HT if our strikers didn’t snatch at chances.
Too handy an option off the bench to settle for that. Get 40m for him and use it better this time. Someone would be willing to take a punt perhaps.

Agreed. But thats a loss on what we paid. Which I think will happen, as I think fees have come down since 2 yrs ago (I think this summer will bite hard on FFP etc)
But seems alot of posters are saying he is crap, so lets sell him fo 65M and start again. Which I think is very ambitious
He Is certainly much less in demand that he was 2 yrs ago when he was the hot thing in European football
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by johnathank on Today at 08:21:26 am »
The man looks and sounds absolutely finished and he has done for a number of weeks. He went from looking totally rejuvenated, freed by the promise of some time off on its way, to just looking like he can't wait for it all to end. I don't mean to criticise him but it can't have helped inspire the players for the run in.

I truly just hope everything is okay with him on a personal level and that it's nothing more than being tired. He doesn't seem close to being himself and it's very sad to see.

An absolute hero and total icon. One of our all time greatest figures. Everyone loves you, Jurgen.
As the year drags on, I can’t help but be awed by how much the man has sacrificed for us. It’s obvious to me that he needed a rest this season, but he refused to leave on the sour note of last year.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by deano2727 on Today at 08:21:16 am »
Another meaningless win for the cheats, please. Don''t want these shithouses or their fans anywhere near success.

Nobody cared when we were getting pipped to the title on the final day of the season by the cheats, now it's time for them to taste their own medicine.

We all know City's titles have a big dirty asterix beside them. Arsenal winning wouldn't. Plus, they'd be the only team to actually beat a City side led by Pep to the title in a title race to the end. No thanks.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Sharado on Today at 08:20:41 am »
But when we won duels, we were penalised.

They continually bundled players to the ground and no FK.

I'm sorry but that just isn't a reflection of the full game at all. Quansahs tackle in the second half where he left a bit on (I think) docoure was the first time I saw someone putting something in that looked like they fucking meant it all game
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Last post by kaesarsosei on Today at 08:20:14 am »
Konate has been awful in every single appearance since his last injury. This to me is the single biggest worry in our squad - we know Salah has problems but he's well past his peak and we are supposed to be getting 10 years of Konate just reaching his. He has been fucking brutal for 4-5 games now and actually should just be left out of the team for the rest of the season and hopefully we'll find out he's carrying something or just isn't right. Subbing a CB for non-injury reasons when chasing a game is basically unheard of.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 08:20:14 am »
Good luck to resident Gunners, I'll be glad if you win the title. Mostly because you deserve it, but also because your club isn't destroying football. You have learned a lot of lessons from last season, paired with some good luck with injuries and the step-up in efficiency and control has been exemplary. If you manage to do some smart business in the summer and add a ruthless finisher to this side - you could stay on top for years. Best of luck.  
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Curtis Jones
« Last post by Barryg21 on Today at 08:19:41 am »
He’s 22.

Don’t get the Jones hate, he’s basically being asked to keep possession and cover for Robbo and Diaz bombing forward, it’s a thankless task.

Yes he can improve, especially in being stronger in duels but he really isn’t the problem in the team.

Sorry, not hating. Just trying to understand what expectations are. As pre injury he was being talked off a a superstar in making, and getting in England 11
And now we talk about pressing, tidy, re cycle ball, maybe chip in with a goal (which reminds me of Lallana - who was a really solid pro, but never a superstar)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10