Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 159900 times)

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #1040 on: May 13, 2018, 09:22:54 pm »
Check if it says that they have refunded them by going to your selling page,hover over the £ sign & it should tell you if they have paid him back or just embargoed the payment.

If you contact ebay they will tell you how long you will have to wait.Customer service number is  0800 358 6551.
Ta mate. Just states I was paid on 24th April when I hover over the pound sign. Will give them a call tomorrow. Can see me waiting for ages on some automated hotline until I get through....
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: May 13, 2018, 10:00:38 pm »
Looking at it,don't use that number go through the steps on this page so that you get given a pin number.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/customersupportguide/

Took me half an hour last time I had to ring them.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: May 14, 2018, 12:17:58 pm »
I wanted to sell some new, unworn trainers on Ebay but have heard stories of people buying them and sending fakes back.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: May 15, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »
Looking for a bit of advice here guys. I recently sold a pair of used trainers on eBay about three weeks ago. The buyer agreed to buy them after some bartering over the price and then decided to ask me for a picture of the insoles before sending over the money. I sent a photo of the insoles and he then paid me. After he'd received the trainers he sent me a returns request saying they weren't as advertised and weren't in a condition he'd been expecting to receive them in. The listing had multiple clear and good quality photos of the trainers from which he could make an informed decision as to whether he wanted to buy them or not. They were advertised as used as well. I also stated no returns on the listing. eBay have now deducted the money I was owed from the trainers after I'd asked them to step in and resolve the matter. He's not sent them back and I haven't had any correspondence from the buyer for nearly two weeks now so I assume he's now decided he's happy with them. I've not heard anything from him to suggest he's returning the item so I'm basically waiting for eBay to reimburse me. The guy simply had buyer's remorse. Will eBay eventually release my money after a period of time if the buyer doesn't prove he's sent them back? At the moment the transaction is just on hold when I go onto my PayPal account.

I had this a few months ago, buyer wanted to return item as he hadn't read the description properly. I said I wouldn't accept, he started the returns process and the money was frozen in my payapl account. He never returned the item and eventually about 4 weeks later I got the money back into my account.

Offline unclebob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • NEVER buy the s*n
« Reply #1044 on: May 15, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
Just bought 12 tickets for the Champions League Final in Kiev.......Fucking boss what you can get if you've got a few grand spare.
If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: May 15, 2018, 06:18:44 pm »
Just bought 12 tickets for the Champions League Final in Kiev.......Fucking boss what you can get if you've got a few grand spare.

;D

Offline manx_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #1046 on: May 16, 2018, 03:26:03 pm »
Desperately wanted a 17/18 home shirt before they all go. Left it too late. Can't find one anywhere in 'Large' - official store, usual sports outlets etc. All gone. Found these on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liverpool-Jersey-LFC-Mo-Salah-11/173318786492?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=472029526684&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

At this price it's got 'fake' written all over it, but the pictures look good...

I clutch at straws, hope for the best and await delivery... (if it even turns up)  :-\

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2018, 03:56:54 pm »
Desperately wanted a 17/18 home shirt before they all go. Left it too late. Can't find one anywhere in 'Large' - official store, usual sports outlets etc. All gone. Found these on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Liverpool-Jersey-LFC-Mo-Salah-11/173318786492?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=472029526684&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

At this price it's got 'fake' written all over it, but the pictures look good...

I clutch at straws, hope for the best and await delivery... (if it even turns up)  :-\

Chances are that the picture is of a real shirt,it is in Liverpool though so you could request a pick up.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:05 pm »
Some of the fakes are almost as good as the real ones nowadays, so you might be alright.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2018, 06:12:28 pm »
What I meant was that if they were selling fakes they would use a real one in the picture.

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2018, 07:05:32 pm »
Looking for a bit of advice here guys. I recently sold a pair of used trainers on eBay about three weeks ago. The buyer agreed to buy them after some bartering over the price and then decided to ask me for a picture of the insoles before sending over the money. I sent a photo of the insoles and he then paid me. After he'd received the trainers he sent me a returns request saying they weren't as advertised and weren't in a condition he'd been expecting to receive them in. The listing had multiple clear and good quality photos of the trainers from which he could make an informed decision as to whether he wanted to buy them or not. They were advertised as used as well. I also stated no returns on the listing. eBay have now deducted the money I was owed from the trainers after I'd asked them to step in and resolve the matter. He's not sent them back and I haven't had any correspondence from the buyer for nearly two weeks now so I assume he's now decided he's happy with them. I've not heard anything from him to suggest he's returning the item so I'm basically waiting for eBay to reimburse me. The guy simply had buyer's remorse. Will eBay eventually release my money after a period of time if the buyer doesn't prove he's sent them back? At the moment the transaction is just on hold when I go onto my PayPal account.
eBay are a pain in the ass when it comes to things like this, they will side with the buyer even if he burns your house down and kills your cat. My advice would be to pester them constantly and get on the phone asap. They might still be open, I think they close at 8pm. Just go the the help and advice page, contact us then follow the instructions from there. Hope you get your money back.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2018, 07:08:34 pm »
eBay are a pain in the ass when it comes to things like this, they will side with the buyer even if he burns your house down and kills your cat. My advice would be to pester them constantly and get on the phone asap. They might still be open, I think they close at 8pm. Just go the the help and advice page, contact us then follow the instructions from there. Hope you get your money back.

Yup. You're fucked if you're a seller with eBay and their just as evil twin, PayPal.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: October 11, 2018, 07:15:58 pm »
I've just bought a phone off ebay and the description reads
"Excellent condition iPhone X 64gb. Bought new from the apple store just under one year ago. Selling due to upgrade. Comes complete with original box, charger and cable but not earphones.

The phone was always in a case and always has a screen cover on

I will leave the screen protector on."

However when I've received the phone, before even opening it there is a sticker on the parcel stating

Tested for Key Function/R2 ready for resale
Does this mean that its been refurbished at some point? From what I read online, this could constitute "Equipment that has passed hardware tests for key functions, but that has missing components, hardware issues of secondary functions, or repairable cosmetic damages".

So I need to ask the seller if its simply cosmetic damages or something has happened internally?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:08 pm »
I don't mind buying refurbished stuff,that being said I would be pissed off if I were you & would send it back just because he lied.

Make sure that he agrees to pay for return postage as well.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: October 11, 2018, 07:30:39 pm »
I don't mind buying refurbished stuff,that being said I would be pissed off if I were you & would send it back just because he lied.

Make sure that he agrees to pay for return postage as well.
Yeah I think i will. Its more that they haven't disclosed it rather than they have lied.

I bought a refurbished iphone 6 the other week and there was a gap between the bezel and the front cover so dust/moisture could have got in. I returned it straight away.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1055 on: November 19, 2018, 03:00:09 pm »
I just sold an appliance on Ebay and the c*nts are withholding the buyer's Paypal payment for 21 days because I'm not a regular seller basically. What a load of balls.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1056 on: November 19, 2018, 03:02:12 pm »
I just sold an appliance on Ebay and the c*nts are withholding the buyer's Paypal payment for 21 days because I'm not a regular seller basically. What a load of balls.

Law unto themselves those two shitehawk companies (eBay & Paypal), utter utter c*nts the both of them.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: November 19, 2018, 03:57:14 pm »

They will release it before so long as the buyer leaves + feedback.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: November 19, 2018, 04:20:07 pm »

Hope so, what I'm expecting given it's ebay is that the perfect item I sold will be reported as malfunctioning and they'll ask for a refund or something.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: November 19, 2018, 04:34:16 pm »
Hope so, what I'm expecting given it's ebay is that the perfect item I sold will be reported as malfunctioning and they'll ask for a refund or something.

If it works and they got a bargain you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: November 22, 2018, 11:37:55 am »

I called and spoke to an Ebay customer service rep on the phone and she said she'd expedite it once feedback was left. Still a silly system mind.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1061 on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:14 pm »
15% all manner of things things today using PRESENTS discount code.

15% Off the below listed categories, £20 minimum spend, £50 maximum discount.

Code can be used against multiple items in your basket across multiple sellers, however it's a single use code so anything you want must be completed in a single transaction.

Furniture
Video Game Consoles
Laptops & Netbooks
Video Games
Computer Components & Parts
Men's Clothing
Men's Shoes
Heating, Cooling & Air
Camera Lenses & Filters
Women's Clothing
Women's Shoes
Smart Watches
Computer Monitors, Projectors & Accs
Skiing & Snowboarding
Camcorders
Fireplaces & Accessories
Celebrations & Occasions
Scooters
Virtual Reality
Toys & Games.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: December 30, 2018, 11:04:26 pm »
Tried to use Paypal on Steam today, wouldn't accept my password. Turns out I had an email on Boxing Day that a new email account had been added to my Paypal account - 4 days later, my actual email account seems to have been removed from the Paypal account. Bank account seems okay, unless there's stuff pending I can't see yet.

Start trawling through emails to unlink Paypal from various websites and it appears Ebay is the source of the hack, as the associated paypal account name has been changed to the unknown email address on Ebay (and only on Ebay).

FYI. Never used it much anyway. Closed the Ebay account. I'll ring Paypal tomorrow but having dealt with them once before, not expecting much joy in getting back control of 'my' account.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: December 30, 2018, 11:15:06 pm »
Tried to use Paypal on Steam today, wouldn't accept my password. Turns out I had an email on Boxing Day that a new email account had been added to my Paypal account - 4 days later, my actual email account seems to have been removed from the Paypal account. Bank account seems okay, unless there's stuff pending I can't see yet.

Start trawling through emails to unlink Paypal from various websites and it appears Ebay is the source of the hack, as the associated paypal account name has been changed to the unknown email address on Ebay (and only on Ebay).

FYI. Never used it much anyway. Closed the Ebay account. I'll ring Paypal tomorrow but having dealt with them once before, not expecting much joy in getting back control of 'my' account.

What did ebay say when you told them ?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: December 30, 2018, 11:18:52 pm »

What did ebay say when you told them ?
Not really told them anything. When closing, you select a reason and I picked 'Identity Theft Concern' and they give you the same platitudes every site gives, about password strength etc. Which is fine, if I trusted any IT department to actually secure data properly :). I've used ebay about 5 times in the last decade, so it's no great loss to me. Paypal is going to be annoying - and I'm more annoyed with them.

It's quite possible ebay wasn't compromised, and that they just have closer integration with Paypal via account number, and it automatically refreshed the 'new' email address. But I'm half expecting not to use Paypal any more, so removing all links to it anyway. And if ebay was a possible 'hole', it's not useful enough (to me) to keep.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:31:26 pm by redmark »
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1065 on: September 18, 2019, 11:57:18 am »
looking for a bit of help here. I sold some stuff on ebay recently and when i went to lodge it to my bank they changed it to euros and back to sterling which cost me a few quid. thats done

however ive a more substantial amount now in my paypal account and i want this in sterling but again its going to euro then to sterling when i try withdraw from paypal to my bank.

The account i want to use is my revolut account which should accept it in sterling but if i convert it which it keeps trying to do itll mean im down about 8 quid.

I emailed paypal yesterday and nothing yet, i rang them and used their automated call back option, i did get a call back and was straight away put on hold for 15 minutes so i just hung up

is there a setting where you can change the currency you want? I have changed setting to have sterling as my preferred option but it still tries to put it in euro first

edit: finally got someone. seems nothing can be done, gonna get the mrs in uk to set up paypal and transfer it to her
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:12:39 pm by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: November 6, 2019, 10:34:38 am »
Sold two pairs of trainers on eBay. One pair sold for £10, the other £100. Posted them both tracked and made sure I sent them to the right people. Next thing the person who was supposed to receive the £100 ones claims I’ve sent him the wrong ones and returns the £10 pair. There is complete silence from the other account. So I check the address of both these accounts, one is a business and one an individual and they are in close proximity to each other. I took a look at the account of the person who bought the £100 ones and supposedly got the £10 ones to see what he’s selling and in one of the pictures I can see that he’s wearing the £100 trainers! I’ve been well and truely done!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1067 on: November 6, 2019, 10:36:07 am »
Sold two pairs of trainers on eBay. One pair sold for £10, the other £100. Posted them both tracked and made sure I sent them to the right people. Next thing the person who was supposed to receive the £100 ones claims I’ve sent him the wrong ones and returns the £10 pair. There is complete silence from the other account. So I check the address of both these accounts, one is a business and one an individual and they are in close proximity to each other. I took a look at the account of the person who bought the £100 ones and supposedly got the £10 ones to see what he’s selling and in one of the pictures I can see that he’s wearing the £100 trainers! I’ve been well and truely done!

You’ve got his addresses and picture evidence. Tell him you’ll pay him a visit.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: November 6, 2019, 12:10:13 pm »
Some absolute c*nts on there, Worst thing is Ebay will always tend to side with the buyer.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1069 on: November 6, 2019, 12:15:42 pm »
Ebay and Paypal are both part of the con.

In combination they are fucking dreadful! If you are selling on eBay I'd be inclined to fuck Paypal off in favour of literally any other option!

They will always side with the buyer as it means they keep all of their fees!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1070 on: November 6, 2019, 12:54:40 pm »
yeah i sold some stuff recently.

had to jump through hoops to get some money

buyer pays but you have to wait forever for funds to clear sometimes. leaves you a bit vulnerable as you have to prove you posted the item and the buyer has to give a good review etc

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1071 on: November 6, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »
They've never been any different, and won't change. I got screwed by them & PayPal years ago and still hear of them doing the exact same thing now.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: November 7, 2019, 04:02:27 pm »
..I can see that he’s wearing the £100 trainers!

:lmao talk about a brass neck!!
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: November 7, 2019, 04:04:07 pm »
:lmao talk about a brass neck!!

I'd give him a broken neck
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: November 7, 2019, 07:06:28 pm »
Always send stuff worth anything signed for delivery,pair of trainers is only £4'ish with RM.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: November 7, 2019, 07:35:17 pm »
Always send stuff worth anything signed for delivery,pair of trainers is only £4'ish with RM.

I always use Special Delivery if I send anything of value- been told because it is tracked all the way its the one post the dodgy employees wont rob.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1076 on: November 7, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »
That doesn’t stop them doing what this guy has done though. Signed for or not.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: November 7, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »
I always use Special Delivery if I send anything of value- been told because it is tracked all the way its the one post the dodgy employees wont rob.

Yeah signed for 1st class is just the same only it doesn't guarantee delivery by 1pm,if it doesn't get delivered or picked up then it's sent back to you after a certain time period (18 days I think it is).

1st class for a box of trainers is £4.48
2nd £3.90

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: November 7, 2019, 08:27:18 pm »
That doesn’t stop them doing what this guy has done though. Signed for or not.

True, c*nts will be c*nts no matter what

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: November 7, 2019, 10:44:20 pm »
Anything over £10 I'll send tracked. Lost so many things, or atleast the buyer's claimed to not have received it. Got stung badly last year for £200.