Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 449410 times)

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #2480 on: August 28, 2020, 08:13:50 pm »
It's not strange when he's been plagued with injuries for the last 12 months.
their was a rumor he had a hair transplant .. so not been seen .. dont know if bullshit or not ?
I had no idea hair transplants were the reason he was having consistent calf injuries through out the year.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2481 on: August 28, 2020, 08:17:48 pm »
not seen him or his hair in ages  8)

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2482 on: August 28, 2020, 08:24:25 pm »
One of them footballers that has it all for me, a supreme first touch, great vision, underrated ability on the whole

Shame he's never fit

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2483 on: August 28, 2020, 08:25:37 pm »
their was a rumor he had a hair transplant .. so not been seen .. dont know if bullshit or not ?

He did have a hair transplant, that's evident. There were other footballers who have had one and didn't miss football because of it. If he did it, he did it whilst he was injured.

His lack of appearances, is his injuries, not his hair transplant.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2484 on: August 28, 2020, 08:38:14 pm »
Shaqiri picked up a muscle injury in training according to the manager of the Swiss national team (Shaq was due to join them for the upcoming internationals).

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2485 on: August 28, 2020, 08:51:49 pm »
You wonder what sort of training they have in Switzerland. Why do they have to break our player?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2486 on: August 28, 2020, 09:29:58 pm »
He did have a hair transplant, that's evident. There were other footballers who have had one and didn't miss football because of it. If he did it, he did it whilst he was injured.

His lack of appearances, is his injuries, not his hair transplant.
He might have time off for tress-related reasons
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #2487 on: August 28, 2020, 09:32:10 pm »
You wonder what sort of training they have in Switzerland. Why do they have to break our player?

Sorry for phrasing that not clear enough the first time: Petkovic, the Swiss manager said that Shaqiri never joined the Swiss team after picking up a muscle injury training with Liverpool.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2488 on: August 28, 2020, 09:48:21 pm »
Talented player but not quick enough to play in the front three and not disciplined enough to play in the middle three. Was amazing in the 4-0 v Barca and brilliant scoring twice against the Mancs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: August 28, 2020, 09:52:50 pm »
Talented player but not quick enough to play in the front three and not disciplined enough to play in the middle three. Was amazing in the 4-0 v Barca and brilliant scoring twice against the Mancs.

Thought he was one of the weakest in the 4-0 against Barca, looked lost for long stretches of the game, but the assist to Gini was worth the fee we signed him for alone ;D

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2490 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:26 pm »
Thought he was one of the weakest in the 4-0 against Barca, looked lost for long stretches of the game, but the assist to Gini was worth the fee we signed him for alone ;D

There is damning with faint praise and then there is being one of the weakest players in a 4-0 against Barca.  ;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #2491 on: August 29, 2020, 07:50:25 am »
The biggest problem as I see it, it that he seems to be injured a lot.

Last year I thought it was because the hair transplant needed to heal, but now his hair has made a comeback and established itself on the scene, so maybe he`s actually injured.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2492 on: August 29, 2020, 07:59:47 am »

We knew that when we signed him. He's done a job as a squad filler. It just shows how high the standard of our squad filler players nowadays, shows how far we have come in recent years.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:43:34 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:03 am »
There is damning with faint praise and then there is being one of the weakest players in a 4-0 against Barca.  ;D ;D

Yeah, I get what you mean, but I still wouldn't go so far as to call his performance there amazing.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #2494 on: August 29, 2020, 09:07:52 am »
Such a shame he's contracted Aurelioitis, because he's a great option to have off the attacking bench, an area where we need depth. He's scored some quality goals over the years.

Does make you wonder though why his persistent muscle injuries weren't flagged by Andreas Kornmeyer (the recipient of Shaq's GIFamous 'hey you' finger point) given he'd worked with him at Bayern. But then again, he played somewhere between 20-30 games a season (for 3 consecutive) during his purgatory in Stoke, so maybe just unlucky. If it was a recurring injury, he'd have had surgical intervention by now.

On the plus side, he's not going anywhere with another injury so hopefully we can finally see him get to play in some capacity over this season, before what looks like an inevitable departure next summer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 11:00:07 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: August 29, 2020, 10:08:15 am »
I don’t think Klopp fully trusts Shaqiri even when fit. My season ticket is behind the Liverpool bench and when he plays Klopp spends a decent amount of time shouting at him.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2496 on: August 29, 2020, 10:11:57 am »
We probably had plans to finesse Origi and Shaqiri into Werner, which would mean we were future-proofing as well as squad reinforcing. Unfortunately, Covid and Shaqiri's peculiar proclivity to injury has kiboshed that one.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2497 on: September 5, 2020, 10:24:07 am »
Not sure what’s on the cards but I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of Shaqiri this season.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: September 5, 2020, 11:32:00 am »
He's on a similar path to the one Origi has tread through the years - not a starter, always seems to have rumours of an exit circulating but has still delivered some crucial appearances. He's not one to be mouthing off in the press about his lack of games, and whenever he's come in has done well. His brace against United last year, scoring an overhead kick on his debut, scoring in the derby last year, his assist and overall performance against Barca...

Divock's career has been similar - 5 goals in derbies, his goals against Dortmund in the Europa in 2016, the two against Barcelona, scoring the winner in Madrid... all of this without being a regular.

Would really like to see more of Shaqiri next year as he's an entertaining player, and an undoubted talent. Presuming the front 3 remains as it always has, with a midfield 3 of Fabinho & Henderson +1 (No Thiago chat in here please  :-X) then we've got Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Jones, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi and Brewster competing for one spot in the team and lets say four places on the bench. It's a nice selection headache to have, but you do struggle to see where the game time comes from.

Hopefully get to see him in the cups at least.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2499 on: September 5, 2020, 12:29:02 pm »
Not sure what’s on the cards but I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of Shaqiri this season.

same here. might seem a cliche but if he stays fit and stays for the new season might seem like a new signing. ;D

we all know the quality he can bring. and need all the players in this busy season ahead.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2500 on: September 5, 2020, 10:04:10 pm »
same here. might seem a cliche but if he stays fit and stays for the new season might seem like a new signing. ;D

we all know the quality he can bring. and need all the players in this busy season ahead.
Not likely unfortunately.  He has fallen into the same situation as Lallana where he doesn’t make himself available to play enough games.

At least Lallana had a good run of games. Shaq hardly had that to settle into our side. Unless he has an extended period of fitness, I think it is the end of the road for him here.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2501 on: September 5, 2020, 11:49:23 pm »
Not likely unfortunately.  He has fallen into the same situation as Lallana where he doesn’t make himself available to play enough games.

At least Lallana had a good run of games. Shaq hardly had that to settle into our side. Unless he has an extended period of fitness, I think it is the end of the road for him here.
Wot?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2502 on: September 6, 2020, 12:07:58 am »
If he stays fit, he can be a really good asset. Especially if we go with a 4-2-3-1 formation. He can play anywhere along the "3" and outside of Sadio, Salah and Firmino I think he is the most able to score or create goals.

Even when he is not playing great, he has that quality to score off a free-kick or long range or put in a great ball. If fit he is a great backup for us.

Offline FilthyBloke

• Main Stander
  • We all live. That’s enough for me.
« Reply #2503 on: September 6, 2020, 12:13:14 am »
Just read that he’s only played 8 minutes of football since Boxing Day?
If we are not buying a forward then I would keep Brewster. As much as I like Shaqiri Im not sure you can depend on him. And with what will be a congested season we need as many viable options as possible.
Schadenfreude. Pretty much sums me up.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: September 6, 2020, 06:45:17 am »
Is he injured? I feel like we don’t even hear about him. Klopp gave an update on Hendos fitness today but nothing about Shaqiri?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2505 on: September 6, 2020, 10:22:43 am »
Think the Swiss manager said he wasn't being called up due to a slight injury, calf or thigh or similar?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: September 6, 2020, 02:23:50 pm »
Don't leave us Shaq!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2507 on: September 6, 2020, 03:32:27 pm »
Don't leave us Shaq!

is there a report that we've found a buyer?

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #2508 on: September 10, 2020, 07:17:16 pm »
The lesser spotted Shaqiri was in training today!  ;D

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2509 on: September 21, 2020, 10:27:46 pm »
What's the fucking story with him? :D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: September 21, 2020, 10:29:59 pm »
What's the fucking story with him? :D

Injuries. Nothing more nothing less.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2511 on: September 21, 2020, 10:45:42 pm »
He's not inured though. Out of favour possibly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: September 22, 2020, 02:43:50 am »

He was up until recently. Getting into match day squad is not easy at this point.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2513 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:21 am »
Like me with my wife?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: September 22, 2020, 06:37:21 am »
Shaqiri could still play a huge part of our domestic cup games, provided that we aren't out too soon.
Believer

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: September 22, 2020, 07:03:17 am »
Shaqiri could still play a huge part of our domestic cup games, provided that we aren't out too soon.

Agreed and the season in general.

With covid about you don't want to get rid of too many players and certainly I player you know that has talent. He can play in the Cups, CL later rounds if through and will play in some PL matches.

He is a quality player if fit.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2516 on: September 22, 2020, 07:07:40 am »
I agree with you Fordy. Doesn't happen often. Make the most of it  :D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2517 on: September 22, 2020, 07:19:14 am »
If we switch to playing 4-2-3-1  more often than not he'll get more minutes.

It's obscene how much depth we have in the 3 attacking midfield positions.

Even if you leave out Mane and Salah, both of whom are also equally good options, you have:

Firmino
Minamino
Jota
Shaqiri
Jones
Ox
Thiago
Gini
Elliott
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 07:20:48 am by Redcap »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2518 on: September 22, 2020, 07:24:24 am »
He can be a holy terror on the pitch. Always bags of energy, and a proper goal threat. Even as a fourth choice striker, he's streets ahead of players like Balotelli or Benteke, who were once first choice strikers for us.

It's just a question of having him fit long enough to secure some decent game time. I will never turn my nose up at the cups, and he could yet be crucial to our pursuit of domestic honours. It's honestly mad that we have more European Cups over the past 15-16 years than FA Cups!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: September 22, 2020, 08:50:51 am »
If we switch to playing 4-2-3-1  more often than not he'll get more minutes.

It's obscene how much depth we have in the 3 attacking midfield positions.

Even if you leave out Mane and Salah, both of whom are also equally good options, you have:

Firmino
Minamino
Jota
Shaqiri
Jones
Ox
Thiago
Gini
Elliott

and Keita