Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129607 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62320 on: February 23, 2020, 09:47:13 am »
Some bad beauts in here with an agenda purely based on their dislike of fury.

“He’s only fought Klitschko and Wilder of note”

Vlad who had the HW division on a jab length string for the best part of a decade. That’s wilder with a 40+ winning record and 98% KO rate until today. Moaning about leaning in and using weight with elbows tucked in, fucking clueless.

You spunked money on Wilder because you hate fury, it’s now 6am and you’re raging so you’ve jumped on a message board to try and put forward an argument that that performance wasn’t of note. Jokers.
I personally dislike Fury but the giant eejit can fight, no two ways about it. Very high ring IQ. Strong favourite against Joshua.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62321 on: February 23, 2020, 09:47:56 am »
Holy fuck.  I was one of the few predicting the Fury KO but didn't see that coming.

Wilder absolutely exposed.  Always thought there was a wiff of hypejob about him and the American promoters kept him protected for a reason.  Saw a chance to get Fury on his CV before he got back in shape and it back fired, and they had no choice but to go for the rematch.  Back to fighting at the Jason Gavern and Malik Scott level.

First rule of the boxing thread; never follow my betting tips ;D  Hope no one answered this!  (SkyBet for reference)

And the award for comment of the night goes to...

Not the only one  ;)

Fury should be a bit sharper this time round, might fancy his chances of a KO.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62322 on: February 23, 2020, 09:49:54 am »
Not the only one  ;)
I had a sneaking suspicion that a heavier Fury could get s stoppage, but I'm surprised at the utter domination. Like most others, I believed Fury would outbox Wilder but be susceptible to the bomb punch.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62323 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:20 am »
Fury is a big favourite against Joshua for me.

He's bigger, quicker, can hit and take a shot, and is a better and smarter boxer.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62324 on: February 23, 2020, 09:53:58 am »
When Fury fights like that only he can defeat himself.

Let's get Fury v AJ on now. Dazn will have to fall back though as this will defo be PPV

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62325 on: February 23, 2020, 09:56:43 am »
Wilder would be silly taking the third fight. Fury back in shape and much sharper than the first fight. Wilder could hardly talk after the fight. The fight have been stopped earlier and I hope Wilder is not too badly damaged after that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62326 on: February 23, 2020, 09:59:07 am »
Hearn can say what he wants.

1st of all I think Wilder will take the 3 fight even though he got battered.
2nd AJ is now on the C side and it will have to be 70-30 or 60-40 to Fury in terms of money.
No chance. Joshua is at least equal with Fury. Joshua nets a big pay day irrespective of who he fights. Fury will only get another big pay day against Joshua or maybe Whyte/Usyk.

Both fighters hold belts too. Easy 50 50 decision now which will hopefully make the fight easy to make.

Lets hope it is at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas. Would be epic.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62327 on: February 23, 2020, 10:00:03 am »
Fury is a big favourite against Joshua for me.

He's bigger, quicker, can hit and take a shot, and is a better and smarter boxer.
Agree but think it will be harder than against Wilder. The fact Fury showed he can bang makes him an even scarier prospect.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62328 on: February 23, 2020, 10:03:08 am »
A toast to Mirra. The oldest of the old school and gypsy brethren

I hope he had a good night celebrating the win

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62329 on: February 23, 2020, 10:04:26 am »
I’m rewatching the fight on YouTube and the US commentary is hilarious. Clutching at straws while Wilder can hardly walk.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62330 on: February 23, 2020, 10:07:26 am »
Not the only one  ;)

;D

Who was the fella who said Fury within 3 rounds and we all took the piss?

Agree but think it will be harder than against Wilder. The fact Fury showed he can bang makes him an even scarier prospect.

Joshua would be a very different fight and I don't think you'll see Fury come in at that weight. What he did against Wilder was absolutely perfect, but AJ is much heavier than Fury and has a much better jab and better footwork. I think Fury v AJ would be more of a chess match.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62331 on: February 23, 2020, 10:08:30 am »
No chance. Joshua is at least equal with Fury. Joshua nets a big pay day irrespective of who he fights. Fury will only get another big pay day against Joshua or maybe Whyte/Usyk.

Both fighters hold belts too. Easy 50 50 decision now which will hopefully make the fight easy to make.

Lets hope it is at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas. Would be epic.

It's not going to happen at a 50-50 mate. Fury will demand 70-30 in fact warren has said that already.

AJ needs Fury more than Fury needs AJ. AJ has them belts only because if Fury.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:12:00 am by Fordy »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62332 on: February 23, 2020, 10:09:28 am »
Just saw the fight - Wow, fair play to Fury, he bossed it start to finish. Wilder showed himself to be the one trick pony that he is. Hoping for a unification bout but it’s never that simple in boxing is it?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62333 on: February 23, 2020, 10:10:01 am »

100%

Edit: remember when this thread was all about Mirra trying to convince people that Fury would beat David Price?

He waa on the right side of history there ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:12:45 am by Lusty »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62334 on: February 23, 2020, 10:13:03 am »

I hope he isn't inside in prison.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62335 on: February 23, 2020, 10:15:40 am »
When Fury fights like that only he can defeat himself.

Let's get Fury v AJ on now. Dazn will have to fall back though as this will defo be PPV

Think Wilder will take the 3rd fight and AJ will fight Pulev next and then Usyk. Can't see the Fury v AJ this year and Hearn knows that.

Plus roe spilt has to be 60-40, 70-30 to Fury for me.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #62336 on: February 23, 2020, 10:23:42 am »
Least whatever happens next will be in the hands of UK promotors.

Ref was an absolute joke. Couldn't wait to deduct that point and getting involved in the clinches every time Fury had the upper hand.

2020 has the potential of being one of the best years for heavyweight boxing

And biggest winner of the night has to be Conor Mcgregor for getting his Irish piss water plastered all over that ring
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:25:16 am by gazzalfc »

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #62337 on: February 23, 2020, 10:25:04 am »

Ref was an absolute joke. Couldn't wait to deduct that point and getting involved in the clinches every time Fury had the upper hand.

Thought the ref was fine. The clinches were all going in Fury’s favour so he wasn’t fussed at all when deducted a point as it was part of his game plan to use his extra weight.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62338 on: February 23, 2020, 10:25:10 am »

Well it's not because Wider will take the 3rd fight.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:38:59 am by Fordy »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62339 on: February 23, 2020, 10:32:28 am »
Think Wilder will take the 3rd fight and AJ will fight Pulev next and then Usyk. Can't see the Fury v AJ this year and Hearn knows that.

Plus roe spilt has to be 60-40, 70-30 to Fury for me.

You're a shit businessman if you actually believe AJ should accept a 70-30 with him on the B Side. He sells out whoever he fights and Fury never did that and he holds 3 of the 4 belts. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62340 on: February 23, 2020, 10:33:48 am »
Fury boxed it perfectly and exposed Wilder and finished him which Ortiz ought to have done before.

After two attempts Wilder has done little to beat Fury and Wilder doesn't have intelligence to grind Fury down.

As for AJ - I don't see why Fury is favourite. Fury hasn't impressed in most other fights but is a man for the big occasion and can turn it on whereas AJ perhaps can't but come on he he has the power to hurt Fury. I can see any fight being complete attrition - AJ kept Ruiz at distance and he might try that with Fury.

Thought the Fury punch was fairly similar to the one that Ruiz caught AJ with - clubbing to the back of the head. Wilder had no legs after that.

Can't see the unification yet given the different promoters. I also don't see this being that big a PPV in America. Don't be surprised if Saudi get it as a PPV in the UK still might not satisfy the purse.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62341 on: February 23, 2020, 10:34:54 am »
As for the fight, what a performance from Tyson. I thought he would win but didn't think that would happen.  I think only Lusty said we might get a Fury stoppage. So kudos to the fucker for that, the one of the few times he got something right.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62342 on: February 23, 2020, 10:37:19 am »
Aj vs Fury can happen. Hearn pays off Pulev who is co promoted by Arum who happens to be Fury's US promoter and we get a Undisputed title  fight in the summer.  It's unlikely because I suspect Pulev will be next and Dillion Whyte is the WBC #1 ranked contender. So he's technically next for Fury.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62343 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:20 am »
As for the fight, what a performance from Tyson. I thought he would win but didn't think that would happen.  I think only Lusty said we might get a Fury stoppage. So kudos to the fucker for that, the one of the few times he got something right.  ;D

No mate:

Fury should be a bit sharper this time round, might fancy his chances of a KO.

Followed by this response from yourself  ;D

Fury isn't KO'ing anyone that's not a bum in the division.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62344 on: February 23, 2020, 10:42:37 am »

You're a shit businessman if you actually believe AJ should accept a 70-30 with him on the B Side. He sells out whoever he fights and Fury never did that and he holds 3 of the 4 belts. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kebab man shut it  ;D

Yes, AJ does how 3 of the belts but that's thanks to Fury. I don't think Warren accepts 50-50 and already said he would want 70-30. So shut it and enjoy you chill sauce on your kebab.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62345 on: February 23, 2020, 10:42:40 am »
 ;D

Kudos to you too mate.  :wave

Did you put a bet on?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62346 on: February 23, 2020, 10:45:53 am »
Kebab man shut it  ;D

Yes, AJ does how 3 of the belts but that's thanks to Fury. I don't think Warren accepts 50-50 and already said he would want 70-30. So shut it and enjoy you chill sauce on your kebab.

If Aj accepts a 70-30 split with him on the B side, I'll eat my hat and declare him the stupidest business man I've ever met next to you.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

it will be 50/50 split for Undisputed fight. Be sensible now you know you're talking crap mate.  ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62347 on: February 23, 2020, 10:49:38 am »
Fair play to big Fury

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #62348 on: February 23, 2020, 10:50:18 am »
I’m assuming ‘shit businessman’ means ‘utter fuckwit’ in this case ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62349 on: February 23, 2020, 10:51:33 am »
I fancied Fury to win on the basis that Wilder isnt a great boxer and imo lost to an out of condition fighter last time.

Fury this time was far better prepared.

As for the AJ fight it is very easy to make if Wilder doesnt want the rematch next which im not sure he will after that.

The money for Fury v AJ will be huge and 50-50 nobody will be the A side and rightly so.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62350 on: February 23, 2020, 10:52:51 am »
I’m assuming ‘shit businessman’ means ‘utter fuckwit’ in this case ;D

;D

Fordy is a good laugh but I suspect he knows he's trolling us and just does it for a laugh...I hope to God it's like that and he ain't so stupid.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62351 on: February 23, 2020, 10:53:16 am »
Kebab man shut it  ;D

What does Warren have to do with any of this? He was sat in about row 6 in this fight and thankfully has as much to do with Fury's promotion as you do.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62352 on: February 23, 2020, 10:54:15 am »
If Aj accepts a 70-30 split with him on the B side, I'll eat my hat and declare him the stupidest business man I've ever met next to you.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

it will be 50/50 split for Undisputed fight. Be sensible now you know you're talking crap mate.  ;D

Well the fight isn't happening any time soon. So let's not worry about it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62353 on: February 23, 2020, 10:54:23 am »
;D

Fordy is a good laugh but I suspect he knows he's trolling us and just does it for a laugh...I hope to God it's like that and he ain't so stupid.

I’d like to think the former but he thought Charlie Adam was amazing :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:33:36 am by Rouge »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62355 on: February 23, 2020, 11:29:44 am »

Have you and your uncle had some sleep yet, Samie?

As it turns out we had perfect streams here... your uncle could have saved some money! :)

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62356 on: February 23, 2020, 11:34:00 am »
Have you and your uncle had some sleep yet, Samie?

As it turns out we had perfect streams here... your uncle could have saved some money! :)

Yeah mate.  A little bit.  ;D

here was seven of us.  Few pizza's,booze...and kebabs.  ;D

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62357 on: February 23, 2020, 11:40:47 am »
The stream I watched had an amazingly bad yank man and woman combo on commentary.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62358 on: February 23, 2020, 11:42:50 am »
Piss poor from Wilders trainer about being allowed to ‘go out on his shield’ as well. That’s the sort of shit that leaves boxers hurt permanently, he was getting battered and was literally just waiting to be knocked out.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #62359 on: February 23, 2020, 11:50:32 am »
Just watched the fight, outstanding fight from Fury, he pretty much got his tactics 100% spot on. Totally bullied Wilder and used his size advantage to perfection.

Hoping he gets to fight Joshua and finishes the career of one of the most over-hyped boxers
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.