Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 347800 times)

Offline mark82

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #2880 on: April 12, 2011, 06:34:19 pm »
Someone's been playing too much FM, who would pay those fees for Cole, Jova, Maxi, Polsen, Konchesky, Ngog

Easy, Add Manager, select Man City, buy suggested players then resign said manager

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2881 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
Wickham is the real deal, no doubts.

I think even he knew how shite that header against Burnley was.  :D

Would be nice to have both Wickham and Carroll, i think Wickham could become a lot more dangerous if he learned from Carroll, though Andy still has a lot to learn himself.

It's inevitable we'll be looking at Wickham, who isn't? Would look good on paper to have N'goo, Morgan, Wickham.... all who are highly thought of by the England youth teams.

I think it would be cool to sign Wickham at 10 million, send Ngog on loan to like a West Brom, then reevaluate after next season.

With Ngog having only a year to run on his deal I think its probably best to cash in while we can. Cant see him getting a new contract to be honest.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #2882 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:07 pm »
I really can't remember many headers he's scored. Just Burnley recently (shocking header mind you - very fortunate for me, although others will argue that you're meant to head it down). He's very strong and physically developed for his age, but I wouldn't describe him as a targetman. I think he's very much like Torres without a bit of the nous and subtlety that Torres had at his best.

Still, tell me who this reminds you of...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu6DULU0G3w

He looks good, no question.

The way I see it our transfer targets our pretty much nailed on even at this point.

Adam's a shoe in, Shelvey was really coming up on untill his injury and Spearing has given the manager something to really consider in last few games. So with Lucas and Raul there already and Stevie to comeback we might be alright with just one midfielder. I still like Mcarthy though, him and Adam would be great, but probably a pipe dream.

I kind of feel we need a tough tackling midfielder though, it's always nice to have one knocking around for the big games.

Enrique sounds very likely to come so that's more or less the end of the left back discussion. Would love to get Insua back though and let Kenny talk some confidence into him.

Despite the talk of Hazard and Sanchez, I can't look past Young and Downing, I'd say we'd get the two of them for the price of the either Hazard or Sanchez. It might tough to convince Young he should come to Liverpool over Man U, if there as interested as they sound.

Conor Wickham would be an ideal third striker,well yer man Lukaku would be my first choice but I can't see us splurging 25 mil on him or whatever.

Gary Cahill at center half would be class but he's got the beady eyes of a Man u fan so i could see him going there. Not sure he we'd be going for outside of him.

http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline mr_grande

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2883 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »
It's good to sign players when they're young. Hell, sign them when they're 15/16... don't care
can we have Sami back now? anyone know what he's up to?
Too many of you are more concerned with point scoring than what's best for the team

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2884 on: April 12, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »
Go away from this thread and there's some stunning posts

Michael Owen better than Ngog

and Ngog is worth 8m

this thread goes full circle

Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2885 on: April 12, 2011, 06:37:43 pm »
He's torres-esq in his play but does he really have the pace to play the role as effectively? Whenever ive seen him he's never really shown much explosive pace, wouldnt say hes slow but not fast either, only from limited viewing though.

I think he's quick enough to play off the shoulder. I don't think he could do what Torres did to Ben Haim (or Henry used to do to Carra), but when he starts timing his runs better he won't ever get caught up when the ball's played behind the defence for him to run on to.

Having said that, he may not have the ability to slow someone down and speed past them that Torres did, but the goal he scored against Spain for Englands U17s and the one he scored against Sheffiedl United showed that he can carry the ball at a decent pace with defenders ahead of him (the defending in the Sheffield United one is brutal though).
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2886 on: April 12, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »
Watched him in an England under-19(?) game, iirc.

Edit: Yep, here you go -
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Dalglish-watches-Ipswichs-Connor-Wickham-and-Palaces-Wilfried-Zaha-on-England-U19-duty-article694265.html

conor coady, jack robinson and jonjo shelvey played that game apparently
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2887 on: April 12, 2011, 06:41:49 pm »
I think he's quick enough to play off the shoulder. I don't think he could do what Torres did to Ben Haim (or Henry used to do to Carra), but when he starts timing his runs better he won't ever get caught up when the ball's played behind the defence for him to run on to.

Having said that, he may not have the ability to slow someone down and speed past them that Torres did, but the goal he scored against Spain for Englands U17s and the one he scored against Sheffiedl United showed that he can carry the ball at a decent pace with defenders ahead of him (the defending in the Sheffield United one is brutal though).

That the goal he scored when running from the halfway line? Past everyone and no one at the same time lol.

I agree in the main. He's more of a strong runner than a speed merchant. Like a young Shevchenko perhaps? Not possesing that explosive accelleration but once he's up and running a hard man to catch. That's where the timing of a run becomes all important. Gives you a running start.

Offline theparrot

• Kopite
« Reply #2888 on: April 12, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
For me Wickham is likely to end up a similar player to Carroll. I know he's not playing the role at Ipswich but I see him developing into a strong targetman with good ability on the ball. I think we need someone with more pace who can give us a different option.

« Reply #2889 on: April 12, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »
For me Wickham is likely to end up a similar player to Carroll. I know he's not playing the role at Ipswich but I see him developing into a strong targetman with good ability on the ball. I think we need someone with more pace who can give us a different option.
Another option would be to buy him and loan him back to them

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #2890 on: April 12, 2011, 06:55:13 pm »
Another option would be to buy him and loan him back to them

Have Ipswich not said that's what they want to do if they sell him anyway?

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2891 on: April 12, 2011, 06:59:23 pm »
Do we need the likes of wickham with Adam Morgan coming through? I know Adam will be a first teamer in 3/4 seasons. He's class! For all the old heads, he's just like God when he was coming through and again today he showed it for the reserves - 20 goals this season is nay 2 bad.

We need to think about the players that are coming through here first.

Oh and Owen the judas c*nt can fuck right off back to the toillet bench!
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2892 on: April 12, 2011, 07:06:22 pm »
To be fair, these things can change. It's 3 months or so before this even opens. Whilst I think at the moment those are the most likely targets, someone like M'Vila may come more to the fore over the next few months rather than Adam (if Kenny was on a scouting trip at the weekend).

Not sure when the window opens but I'm sure there are a lot of deals being sorted out right now.
YWNA

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2893 on: April 12, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »
Apart from the 1st team targets the young players I would really want us to buy would include Connor Wickham and James Mccarthy. Maybe even Chamberlain, but Wickham and Mccarthy definite, two young players that would be really good for the future but also can be thrown in the 1st team and still do good.
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

« Reply #2894 on: April 12, 2011, 07:12:36 pm »
Have Ipswich not said that's what they want to do if they sell him anyway?
It's the kinda no that really means yes but try harder.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2895 on: April 12, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »
Not sure when the window opens but I'm sure there are a lot of deals being sorted out right now.

Yeah and this is why will know who is a ITK or not. Clubs will be talking with Agents right now.

Our target list from about 100 players(Thommo had a million) will be down now to about 15 I would say.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #2896 on: April 12, 2011, 07:49:00 pm »
He don't say that but I remember you saying you would take Torres back  ;)

I've never said that I would take Torres OVER Carroll ...

You are starting to make-up things again ... Get serious ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2897 on: April 12, 2011, 07:56:06 pm »
I've never said that I would take Torres OVER Carroll ...

You are starting to make-up things again ... Get serious ...

Well the poster never said that. However you said you would have Torres back. In place of who if it's not Carroll? Suarez? 

....Get real
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:04:30 pm by Fordy »

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2898 on: April 12, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
as its FM time and we are all stating wild hopeful targets, player who i think is going be to very very good is Hoilett from Blackburn, big future in the game IMO

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2899 on: April 12, 2011, 08:46:10 pm »
Do we need the likes of wickham with Adam Morgan coming through? I know Adam will be a first teamer in 3/4 seasons. He's class! For all the old heads, he's just like God when he was coming through and again today he showed it for the reserves - 20 goals this season is nay 2 bad.

We need to think about the players that are coming through here first.

Oh and Owen the judas c*nt can fuck right off back to the toillet bench!

It would be nice to think Morgan would be the next fowler, but having seen him four or five times now even with the goals i'm not convinced.
Good little player but good enough for Liverpool? No better than Nemeth, and where is he now.

However goal scorers are goal scorers, and if he ever got the chance and started scoring at senior level, then great. Good attitude from what i've seen.

Offline Liver4pool Rubberbandit

• Anny Roader
  • To be trusted is a greater compliment than loved
« Reply #2900 on: April 12, 2011, 08:47:53 pm »
ADEL TAARABT of QPR 21 yrs old left winger scored 15 goals in 38 appearances this season....would be well worth buying and having as a squad player.....what ye think

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #2901 on: April 12, 2011, 08:59:34 pm »
Even if we get Afellay,we'd need 2 more wingers.Dzsudzsak and Young fit the bill nicely.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2902 on: April 12, 2011, 09:00:50 pm »
ADEL TAARABT of QPR 21 yrs old left winger scored 15 goals in 38 appearances this season....would be well worth buying and having as a squad player.....what ye think

Maybe, he's a massive showboat though
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2903 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »
Maybe, he's a massive showboat though
Doesn't seem to be Comolli's biggest fan either.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2904 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:45 pm »
Another video I found, Aguero's game at the weekend vs. Real Sociedad, this one's for you MKelly34 ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DHem7FQNEyI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DHem7FQNEyI</a>

Thanks  ;)

I find him amazing, but at this point I don't think we will be going after him, even though he supports Liverpool... I think Chelsea will go for him.  :-\

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2905 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:49 pm »

He's solid (not necessarily a world-beater) but I doubt QPR will be looking to sell anyone at the moment. They look certain to be promoted, and their owners are rich enough that they don't really need money from sales. I reckon if interest in him heats up, it'll be an Adam-type situation where they try to hold on to them for all of next season until they're safe from relegation (or certain for it).

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2906 on: April 12, 2011, 09:25:12 pm »
Hoilett and Taraabt are good shouts. I read comolli was scouting hoillet at the rovers game over the weekend...

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #2907 on: April 12, 2011, 09:58:26 pm »
Hoilett and Taraabt are good shouts. I read comolli was scouting hoillet at the rovers game over the weekend...

Looks like hes pretty good, from what I have seen has the raw ingredients.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2908 on: April 12, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »
Btw - London press reporting Krajncar telling people LFC is his destination in the summer. Would be a good addition for depth IMO.

Offline SMACLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2909 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »
Btw - London press reporting Krajncar telling people LFC is his destination in the summer. Would be a good addition for depth IMO.

Isn't him being 'depth' at Tottenham the precise reason he wants to leave?

Although he may get more football here.

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2910 on: April 12, 2011, 10:04:46 pm »

He's a good player, with experience in the Prem - to be honest, I'm surprised he's not had more opportunities at Spurs - a priority signing? - no, a decent addition, absolutely.  However, transfer speculations will be rife this season, probably more so than ever - lets see what happens...

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2911 on: April 12, 2011, 10:04:56 pm »
Thanks  ;)

I find him amazing, but at this point I don't think we will be going after him, even though he supports Liverpool... I think Chelsea will go for him.  :-\
Would make me cry if he went to Chelsea. Still wish we would have gone for him when he was just 17... but the price was too heavy for us back then.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #2912 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »

Any links, he's a decent player not sure were we would fit him in though.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2913 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »
Would make me cry if he went to Chelsea. Still wish we would have gone for him when he was just 17... but the price was too heavy for us back then.

Me too. Aguero is one of my favorite players atm, I wish he'd stay there or go for a decent club. No Chelsea or City please...

On another note, Kranjcar would be a good addition to the squad indeed.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2914 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
Kranjcar will be a very good addition IMO, we need to buy three midfield players, two out of Adam, Kranjcar & McCarthy and one out M'Vila or Sissoko. Basically two CMs and one DMs.

We need wingers as well, Young as a starter & Marveaux as a backup are good additions for a start but we need more than that, a good LB like Enrique maybe a CB (if not move Kelly as CB and make Flangan as a backup RB for Glen) and maybe sell Ngog and buy someone like Wicham and I think we'll be very good entering next season, maybe challenge for CL places and why not the league.

We'll have to sell the likes of Cole, Soto, Jovanovic, Maxi, Poulsen, Konschesky & Jones to balance the books and stay within the limit of registering 25 players.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
« Reply #2915 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:14 pm »
Isn't him being 'depth' at Tottenham the precise reason he wants to leave?

Although he may get more football here.

Harry hasn't really played him and that's how Bale got injured in the first place by not giving him a break. Kranjar saved Spurs butt twice and he still didn't play afterwards. He'd get games because he's a versatile player.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2916 on: April 12, 2011, 10:38:15 pm »
[

They're taking this shit from goal.com or whatever rubbish in which it's claimed LFC is his PERFERED destination

Bet it's the shit Merto running this report in London.

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #2917 on: April 12, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
Well the poster never said that.

Nope, he's said something much worse ...

However you said you would have Torres back. In place of who if it's not Carroll? Suarez?

My statement about Torres, that you are referring to, was an answer to the question: ''Would you take Torres back for £20 million in the summer ?" Both then and now, my answer is ''Yes'' ... And about the second part of your question, I hope you don't believe that Carroll and Suarez would start all 60+ matches for LFC next season ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline RedMac

• Main Stander
« Reply #2918 on: April 12, 2011, 10:44:38 pm »
[Poulsen (4M)
Cole (6M)
Poulsen (5M)

So we're struggling to get Poulsen off our books but you plan to raise £9m by selling him twice.......class :lickin

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2919 on: April 12, 2011, 10:54:15 pm »
Nope, he's said something much worse ...

My statement about Torres, that you are referring to, was an answer to the question: ''Would you take Torres back for £20 million in the summer ?" Both then and now, my answer is ''Yes'' ...

You said 25million - either way - 20m or 25m   :duh

Dreamer.............................................................................
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:57:26 pm by Fordy »