Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1410735 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7560 on: March 5, 2019, 09:01:24 pm »
Yes I mean 5-0 against Watford was so poor.....

We've been inconsistent, but can't say we've been poor overall. We've won in different ways and been able to get it done in multiple different ways but when we didn't we've dropped points. A mixture of results. But can't say that we've been poor in every match

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7561 on: March 5, 2019, 09:13:34 pm »
We've been inconsistent, but can't say we've been poor overall. We've won in different ways and been able to get it done in multiple different ways but when we didn't we've dropped points. A mixture of results. But can't say that we've been poor in every match

The point is we have poor form at both OT and Woodison, therefore I wasn't that disappointed, at least we managed to get something from those places. Our home form has been brilliant continue that and win our remaining away games, we will be there or thereabouts. Its not like City are playing brilliantly. They have managed two one goal victories one of which was a very dodgy penalty. Its all to play for.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7562 on: March 5, 2019, 09:21:16 pm »
The point is we have poor form at both OT and Woodison, therefore I wasn't that disappointed, at least we managed to get something from those places. Our home form has been brilliant continue that and win our remaining away games, we will be there or thereabouts. Its not like City are playing brilliantly. They have managed two one goal victories one of which was a very dodgy penalty. Its all to play for.

No I agree. I'm more disappointed entirely with the Leicester result at home. Even taking into account that we drew with West Ham, a win over Leicester see us top by a point.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7563 on: March 5, 2019, 09:34:38 pm »
No I agree. I'm more disappointed entirely with the Leicester result at home. Even taking into account that we drew with West Ham, a win over Leicester see us top by a point.

We were always going to drop a few points here or there. It needs to be remembered Klopp hasn't got his full squad yet. We're still a couple of positions short, so we've not made a bad job of it.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7564 on: March 5, 2019, 09:39:37 pm »
We've been inconsistent,

We haven't though. We've actually exceeded that which you'd normally expect from a title challenging team 

Our defense is the best in the league and we score much heavier than most other teams

We're also well on course to break the club record for most points accumulated in a single season

My guess is we'll finish on a total of 94 points. Whether or not that wins it for us remains to be seen

It's worth remembering that 94 points would have been good enough to win every single premier league title bar 2005 and 2018

The average across the last quarter century is 86 points. So our consistency is actually right up there

I think the more accurate thing to say is that we haven't been as consistent as City, which of course is a whole other debate

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7565 on: March 5, 2019, 09:39:46 pm »
We were always going to drop a few points here or there. It needs to be remembered Klopp hasn't got his full squad yet. We're still a couple of positions short, so we've not made a bad job of it.

I agree with that as well, it was the nature of the game that disappointed me. We had a very good first half, took the lead early did everything right and made a poor error right before HT, and we had numerous chances before that to score the 2nd and put the game to bed. It wasn't that we didn't show up on the night, but our finishing was poor.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7566 on: March 5, 2019, 09:41:13 pm »
We haven't though. We've actually exceeded that which you'd normally expect from a title challenging team 

Our defense is the best in the league and we score much heavier than most other teams

We're also well on course to break the club record for most points accumulated in a single season

My guess is we'll finish on a total of 94 points. Whether or not that wins it for us remains to be seen

It's worth remembering that 94 points would have been good enough to win every single premier league title bar 2005 and 2018

The average across the last quarter century is 86 points. So our consistency is actually right up there

I think the more accurate thing to say is that we haven't been as consistent as City, which of course is a whole other debate

I agree with you entirely, I am just talking about these recent sets of results and compared to what we did earlier in the season.

I am not complaining about it all together, just can't say that we've been poor entirely, and felt that inconsistent [for this period] was more applicable.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7567 on: March 5, 2019, 09:45:17 pm »
I agree with that as well, it was the nature of the game that disappointed me. We had a very good first half, took the lead early did everything right and made a poor error right before HT, and we had numerous chances before that to score the 2nd and put the game to bed. It wasn't that we didn't show up on the night, but our finishing was poor.

Which is why we need someone who can give some competition to our front three, or at least someone who can come in and give them some rest from time to time. At times they have looked tired, a lot expectation on them. We need to have more options lets hope AOC makes a good recovery too. We have missed him big time.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7568 on: March 5, 2019, 09:45:58 pm »
I think we will end up on 93 points. That would be an incredible return.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7569 on: March 5, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »

It's beyond my pre-season expectations. I expected us to improve from last season but never did I envision us pushing city this much and giving them a run for their money like this. Not because we don't have the players for it but because they've got an obscene amount of quality attacking players outside of the starting XI.

I felt that we needed to win something, one of the domestic trophies, and if things went our way perhaps the European cup, but considering how things have gone [in terms of challenging for the league, who we got in our first round in the league cup and the timing of the fa cup and the wolves fixture] I am not as disappointed as I would have been had we had not been this close in the league.

This is why I find it incredibly frustrating with the whole ''bottling it, players not being able to sustain the pressure, not fighting hard enough being complacent'' quite frankly disrespectful to a group of players who have put in a tremendous amount of effort from the first game of the season to be this competitive. We have taking huge strides in every single year under Klopp and I feel there is still more to come, regardless of how this season finishes.

That's why I never got too high or too low through out this season and just genuinely enjoy watching this group perform and grow

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7570 on: March 5, 2019, 10:02:29 pm »
I agree with you entirely, I am just talking about these recent sets of results and compared to what we did earlier in the season.

I am not complaining about it all together, just can't say that we've been poor entirely, and felt that inconsistent [for this period] was more applicable.

Aye, I know where you're coming from. I guess I'm just trying to underpin how big a task it is to match this City side over 38 games. The level of consistency needed is literally unprecedented. The numbers needed are gargantuan. Yet we're right up there so far, which is an unbelievable achievement in itself

Everton away was always going to be difficult, as was United away, Chelsea away, and Arsenal away. Even throwing West Ham into that mix, 5 points isn't all that bad of a return from those 5 away fixtures. Leicester to be fair also deserved their draw. The only result that bugs me is losing at the Etihad. We deserved a draw out of that IMO - which would have us top now had we hung on. Alas, 9 games is still a fair distance to go
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7571 on: March 5, 2019, 10:09:01 pm »

It sure would. None of Ferguson's league winning sides ever managed a total that high. Even Wengers invincibles only clocked 90

If we win the league this year then it will probably have to go down as the greatest ever accomplishment in the clubs history

That's the magnitude of what we're undertaking here

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7572 on: March 5, 2019, 10:13:43 pm »
It sure would. None of Ferguson's league winning sides ever managed a total that high. Even Wengers invincibles only clocked 90

If we win the league this year then it will probably have to go down as the greatest ever accomplishment in the clubs history

Absolutely. I'm proud of our effort and determination regardless what happens.

Online riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #7573 on: March 5, 2019, 10:31:22 pm »
I reckon that would be enough to win.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7574 on: March 5, 2019, 11:20:18 pm »
The points total is a bit achievement, as is going this long with only 1 defeat. But you also need to consider the game has moved on from years ago and the bar is constantly being raised. I really hope they all put their fingers out and start playing like they want to win.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7575 on: March 5, 2019, 11:27:40 pm »
Following the international break, things will get very congested for City.

Assuming they don't lose to Swansea in the FA Cup next weekend, they will be playing the semi-final on the weekend when they're currently scheduled to play Cardiff, which means Cardiff will have to be rearranged.

Given that they're already carrying a game in hand and will almost certainly still be involved in Europe, it's highly possible that they will opt to bring that game forward, as they did with their game against Everton a few weeks ago. If they were to go to the semi-finals of the Champions League, they would run out of midweeks to get that game played before the end of the league campaign, so surely that's what they'll do.

Assuming that's the case, it means the following run:

30 Mar - Fulham (a)
3/4 Apr - Cardiff (h)
6/7 Apr - FA Cup Semi
9/10 Apr - CL Quarter 1st Leg
14 Apr - Palace (a)
16/17 Apr - CL Quarter 2nd Leg
20 Apr - Spurs (h)
24 Apr - Utd (a)
28 Apr - Burnley (a)

Depending on which team they draw in Europe, the last 5 games in that run could be hugely taxing for them. Whichever team they draw it's 9 games in 30 days, including two trips to London, a trip abroad and an away derby. I hope Palace aren't 'on the beach' by mid-April, because in the midst of that run, that game looks a real banana skin. Same goes for the trip to Burnley, if they still need the points by then.

Meanwhile, we know that beating Burnley and Fulham will ensure that City begin that taxing period in 2nd place. Even though we'll have played a game more, that will send out the message that despite apparently 'bottling it' at Goodison and Old Trafford, somehow we appear to have remained very much in the frame.

They crumbled under pressure at the very same stage of last season, losing to us in Europe and losing at home to Utd when a win against their bitter rivals would have confirmed them as champions. Even though they got to be 'centurions' etc, that little period during last season was a massive disappointment for them.

So I am convinced that City will give us a chance during this run-in, but we will still have to do our bit, starting with Burnley on Sunday.

Oh and this:
Up the Mighty Fucking Reds.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 11:34:44 pm by KingKolo »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #7576 on: March 6, 2019, 01:29:10 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

What's wrong with this picture?

Kill the humourless

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #7577 on: March 6, 2019, 01:30:55 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

Count the wins
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7578 on: March 6, 2019, 01:31:29 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

Too many draws, 2 for city 7 for us.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #7579 on: March 6, 2019, 01:33:07 am »

With the amount of draws we’re churning out, I feel slightly less is on the cards
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7580 on: March 6, 2019, 03:53:27 am »
We're definitely not firing on all cylinders. Our forward line, the toast of last season, is chugging to almost a halt. I wonder what's the issue? Nerves? Salah hasn't been the Salah circa 2018. Firmino is.... well, he hasn't quite played anywhere near what he can. Perhaps weariness from WC? Good thing our defence is rock solid. Fabinho too has just slotted in beautifully.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7581 on: March 6, 2019, 04:27:28 am »

The Highest 3 Point totals are 100 for City last year(not possible for either city or Liverpool to match) 95 For Chelsea in 04/05 then 16/17 Chelsea at 93 for a 38 game season. 99/00 utd  and 05/06 Chelsea are tied for 4th highest at 91 points everybody else is 90 or below(lowest is 75 for United in 96/97)
Highest 2nd place finish was united at 89 points in 11/12 and City won on GD.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2019, 04:33:50 am by RedG13 »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7582 on: March 6, 2019, 04:32:09 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

DRAWS too many
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7583 on: March 6, 2019, 04:33:39 am »
We're definitely not firing on all cylinders. Our forward line, the toast of last season, is chugging to almost a halt. I wonder what's the issue? Nerves? Salah hasn't been the Salah circa 2018. Firmino is.... well, he hasn't quite played anywhere near what he can. Perhaps weariness from WC? Good thing our defence is rock solid. Fabinho too has just slotted in beautifully.

I don't believe the players are "bottling it".  yes the forward line has not been as prolific and smooth flowing as last season, and we are racking up more draws in the past 2 months, but I think the main reason is down to the manager and his thinking/tactics.  He has, over the course of this season, prioritized defensive solidity over offensive efficiency.  For the first couple of months of the season, and the "big" matches, he has opted mainly to go with his "tried and trusted" players to reinforce the organization of the team play rather than bring on the new purchases, even though it was evident the team was struggling to create as many goal scoring opportunities compared to last season.  On the basis of our results so far this season, you can say that majority of his decisions have been correct.   
Now we are into the final stretch of 9 games, I really hope that Klopp will once again believe that taking additional risks in games is worth more to the team in terms of potential points gained, as opposed to keeping it conservative and hoping not to get beat along the way.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #7584 on: March 6, 2019, 05:23:14 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

As I've been saying interminably, goals win titles. We're not scoring enough goals. Fix that, and we're away again.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #7585 on: March 6, 2019, 05:52:00 am »
Following the international break, things will get very congested for City.

Assuming they don't lose to Swansea in the FA Cup next weekend, they will be playing the semi-final on the weekend when they're currently scheduled to play Cardiff, which means Cardiff will have to be rearranged.

Given that they're already carrying a game in hand and will almost certainly still be involved in Europe, it's highly possible that they will opt to bring that game forward, as they did with their game against Everton a few weeks ago. If they were to go to the semi-finals of the Champions League, they would run out of midweeks to get that game played before the end of the league campaign, so surely that's what they'll do.

Assuming that's the case, it means the following run:

30 Mar - Fulham (a)
3/4 Apr - Cardiff (h)
6/7 Apr - FA Cup Semi
9/10 Apr - CL Quarter 1st Leg
14 Apr - Palace (a)
16/17 Apr - CL Quarter 2nd Leg
20 Apr - Spurs (h)
24 Apr - Utd (a)
28 Apr - Burnley (a)

Depending on which team they draw in Europe, the last 5 games in that run could be hugely taxing for them. Whichever team they draw it's 9 games in 30 days, including two trips to London, a trip abroad and an away derby. I hope Palace aren't 'on the beach' by mid-April, because in the midst of that run, that game looks a real banana skin. Same goes for the trip to Burnley, if they still need the points by then.

Meanwhile, we know that beating Burnley and Fulham will ensure that City begin that taxing period in 2nd place. Even though we'll have played a game more, that will send out the message that despite apparently 'bottling it' at Goodison and Old Trafford, somehow we appear to have remained very much in the frame.

They crumbled under pressure at the very same stage of last season, losing to us in Europe and losing at home to Utd when a win against their bitter rivals would have confirmed them as champions. Even though they got to be 'centurions' etc, that little period during last season was a massive disappointment for them.

So I am convinced that City will give us a chance during this run-in, but we will still have to do our bit, starting with Burnley on Sunday.

Oh and this:

Their game against Cardiff is probably going to happen in the same gameweek as Fulham. So April 3rd like you say. By the end of that gameweek they would have played Watford, Fulham and Cardiff. We will have played Burnley, Fulham and Spurs. At the end of that period we must have 3 wins in our 3 games.

After that, they likely won’t have a game in gameweek 33 (presuming they get past Swansea), and we will play Southampton. If we win that game we will be ahead by 2 points provided that the above happens. After that the shit really starts to hit the fan because CL aside they will have Palace, Spurs and United. While we will have Chelsea and Cardiff over the next 2 weeks. If we are still ahead after our game against Chelsea I think we have a great chance of winning it. So basically after our next 5 games, if we win them all.

This is not factoring in what happens to us in the CL. And also we have to treat Spurs the same for both. If we’re suggesting that realistically Spurs will take points off them then we must also say the same for us.

One last twist could lie in the hands of Brendan Rodgers. He knows how much Liverpool and Liverpool fans crave a league title and what it means to us. He will do everything in his power to go out and get something when they play City in the penultimate game. Mark my words.
YWNA

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #7586 on: March 6, 2019, 06:20:12 am »
I’ve said all season that we don’t have anyone beyond the front three who Klopp trusts on a regular basis, meaning that if they are all fit, they play. So yes, your point about tiredness is probably valid. With the AFCON at the end of the season too, they’ll have played two solid seasons without much of a break. At least two additions will join them over the summer however in the meantime, they’ve got to be managed well to ensure they can provide enough spark to get us through the next 9-15 games.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7587 on: March 6, 2019, 06:46:59 am »
Their game against Cardiff is probably going to happen in the same gameweek as Fulham. So April 3rd like you say. By the end of that gameweek they would have played Watford, Fulham and Cardiff. We will have played Burnley, Fulham and Spurs. At the end of that period we must have 3 wins in our 3 games.

After that, they likely won’t have a game in gameweek 33 (presuming they get past Swansea), and we will play Southampton. If we win that game we will be ahead by 2 points provided that the above happens. After that the shit really starts to hit the fan because CL aside they will have Palace, Spurs and United. While we will have Chelsea and Cardiff over the next 2 weeks. If we are still ahead after our game against Chelsea I think we have a great chance of winning it. So basically after our next 5 games, if we win them all.

This is not factoring in what happens to us in the CL. And also we have to treat Spurs the same for both. If we’re suggesting that realistically Spurs will take points off them then we must also say the same for us.

One last twist could lie in the hands of Brendan Rodgers. He knows how much Liverpool and Liverpool fans crave a league title and what it means to us. He will do everything in his power to go out and get something when they play City in the penultimate game. Mark my words.

So basically if we win as many games as we can, and Man City slip up somewhere then we have a good chance of being able to win the title ?   :P

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7588 on: March 6, 2019, 08:07:41 am »
It is all to play for. Yeah we have been caught, but we have navigated our tougher away games and probably have more in the tank than them. If we win out, we will likely finish top. We may not have to win out though, it is impossible to know right now.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #7589 on: March 6, 2019, 08:34:23 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

You get 1 point for a draw

3 points for a win

therefore 2 draws is worse than 1 loss and a win

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7590 on: March 6, 2019, 08:46:58 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

Spurs have lost 8 and are only 9 points behind...

We have dropped silly points. The 1 loss as impressive as it sounds is irrelevant

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7591 on: March 6, 2019, 08:47:26 am »
As I've been saying interminably, goals win titles. We're not scoring enough goals. Fix that, and we're away again.

We have Salah and Mane in the top10. We need Bobby to get in there as well. Also Gini, Milner, Henderson, Keita should add some goals. You have a feeling that they're not interested scoring goals whatsoever, especially the first three, Keita has been a bit unlucky.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #7592 on: March 6, 2019, 08:57:53 am »
Feeling a bit more zen about things today.

We know whats in front of us...we know what we need to do. Hopefully City will have a slump at some point which effects their league results.
They've done well recently, won all but one game in the league this calendar year? Yeahhhhh thats gotta stop soon. We just need to be there ready and waiting.

If not fair play to them
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7593 on: March 6, 2019, 08:58:37 am »
Spurs have lost 8 and are only 9 points behind...

We have dropped silly points. The 1 loss as impressive as it sounds is irrelevant

Its not irrelvant. Not long term anyway.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7594 on: March 6, 2019, 09:20:59 am »
Its not irrelvant. Not long term anyway.

Our impressive defense should make for a really strong cup/CL team. We've lost all our European aways though, need to right that vs Bayern.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7595 on: March 6, 2019, 09:30:01 am »
We were "poor" at West Ham, and against Leicester.

I dont think we were "poor" at United and Everton. Just didnt take our chances

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
« Reply #7596 on: March 6, 2019, 09:33:59 am »
City have four losses.

We have one.

We're in 2nd.

What are you trying to say?

We can not lose for the rest of the season and only end up with 79 points. Confident we'll beat City with that amount?

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #7597 on: March 6, 2019, 09:34:56 am »
Goals win titles, given that the defense is not leaky. ;D
(In the NFL, defense does win titles though - Belichek did it again this year by keeping it so tight, he only needed 13 points on the board.)

We have fixed the defense to an elite level. As you say, the goals have strangely dried up lately. On the other hand, Man City have a good defense but not extraordinary like ours, but boy they score every game! So they are top.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7598 on: March 6, 2019, 09:35:04 am »
We were "poor" at West Ham, and against Leicester.

I dont think we were "poor" at United and Everton. Just didnt take our chances

We also had a significant measure of luck against Leicester, with our goal coming from Milner who was offside, and Leicester having some gilt-edged opportunities to score owing from some very poor defending.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7599 on: March 6, 2019, 09:42:56 am »
We also had a significant measure of luck against Leicester, with our goal coming from Milner who was offside, and Leicester having some gilt-edged opportunities to score owing from some very poor defending.

Yeah

I think West Ham is probably our worst performance of the season IMO.