Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 606703 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7840 on: January 12, 2021, 07:27:19 am »
Raptors are now 2-8. So what the hell happened to them?

Just not playing well at all. Our field goal percentage is one of the worst in the league, don’t know exactly but it’s definitely bottom 5. Our good players are taking it in turns to play bad and we don’t have superstars to pick it up if it’s not all clicking. I’m not panicking just yet but it’s not great.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7841 on: January 13, 2021, 06:40:01 am »
George Hill on the newest COVID rules: “I'm a grown man, so I'm going to do what I want to do. If I want to go see my family, then I am going to go see my family. They can't tell me what I'm going to do. If it's that serious, maybe we shouldn't be playing." (via @SuaveFrancisco_)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7842 on: January 13, 2021, 01:53:47 pm »
The regular NBA season had too many fixtures anyway, but this year it's just ridiculous. How they thought this was going to work, with all of the travelling etc. without severe disruption is beyond me. Boston will have missed 3 games in a row if I'm not mistaken, it's going to be difficult to reschedule these fixtures if we end up hitting double figures by March which could easily happen. And of course, a lot of NBA players aren't the brightest so no surprises players like George Hill start undermining the entire effort with comments like that!

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7843 on: January 13, 2021, 09:15:19 pm »
@Wojbomb:
Reporting with @RamonaShelburne: Brooklyn is acquiring Houston’s James Harden in a blockbuster deal, sources tell ESPN.

Reporting w/ @RamonaShelburne: Brooklyn’s acquiring James Harden in a three-way deal with Cleveland. Caris LeVert, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurucs, four 1st round picks – including Cavs’ 2022 first via Bucks -- and 4 Nets pick swaps to Rockets. Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince to Cavs.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 09:16:57 pm by Ray K »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7844 on: January 13, 2021, 09:16:11 pm »
@Wojbomb:
Reporting with @RamonaShelburne: Brooklyn is acquiring Houston’s James Harden in a blockbuster deal, sources tell ESPN.

OOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7845 on: January 13, 2021, 09:20:48 pm »
The idea of a team containing Harden, Kyrie and and KD with their personalities and egos makes me chuckle.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7846 on: January 13, 2021, 09:21:59 pm »
Cavs now have Drummond, McGee and Allen. Wtf  ;D

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7847 on: January 13, 2021, 09:23:55 pm »
The idea of a team containing Harden, Kyrie and and KD with their personalities and egos makes me chuckle.

Surely need to trade Kyrie. Heard hes on 410k per game and fuck knows where he is
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7848 on: January 13, 2021, 09:33:30 pm »
They're not trading Kyrie.

Oladipo is in Houston per this deal

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7849 on: January 13, 2021, 09:33:49 pm »
The Nets just don’t learn do they? As soon as they get some assets and picks in hands they trade them all for a player that has to have the ball constantly. It won’t work.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7850 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:29 pm »
Ridiculous from the Nets if they pull this off.

NYC is a big draw and they all want to go to little Brooklyn, I hate being a Knicks fan.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7851 on: January 13, 2021, 09:36:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1349468100601782281?s=19
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7852 on: January 13, 2021, 09:43:01 pm »
More reason for me to go to Brooklyn games, when that ends up being possible :D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7853 on: January 13, 2021, 10:25:12 pm »
The Nets just don’t learn do they? As soon as they get some assets and picks in hands they trade them all for a player that has to have the ball constantly. It won’t work.

I can see Houston being the long-term winner here. The Nets are title or bust now.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7854 on: January 14, 2021, 12:18:25 am »
Haha, I love it!

3 players that are in the argument for the NBA GOAT Divas, all on one team, all needing the ball to be useful, all wanting to shoot the ball, all leaving their former teams having played with HOFers that they couldn't get along with, all having individually complained about needing a team to lead their own way.

What could go wrong? ;D

Forget basketball, this is Housewives of the NBA style drama in the making, and I'll make an exception and watch the drama.

Popcorn time!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7855 on: January 14, 2021, 12:31:04 am »
Fair play to the Rockets, they’ve well and truly hit the reset button.

From a Nets point of view, that trio is not better than the Lakers duo so I doubt it’ll help them win the title. But we’ll see what happens.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7856 on: January 14, 2021, 04:47:42 am »
Sounds like a really dumb move by the Nets, echoes of when they went after Pierce + Garnett + An.Other (?). Be funny if the season got called off for COVID after they went in for a supposed title push (which is guaranteed not to work for the reasons stated above).

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7857 on: January 14, 2021, 05:38:56 am »
After this trade Nets won’t have had control of their own first round pick for 14 years between 2013-2027! This is the ultimate all in move haven’t been that many trades in the history of sport that involve handing over this many assets for a player. Can’t wait to grab some popcorn as watch the drama unfold  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7858 on: January 15, 2021, 06:42:47 pm »
Kyrie fined $50k after attending an indoor party. He'll forfeit over $800k in salary too

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7859 on: January 15, 2021, 10:39:17 pm »
Kyrie fined $50k after attending an indoor party. He'll forfeit over $800k in salary too

Still waiting to here more about this drama.
Where did he wander off, why, and why didn't he make contact with the club that's paying him his salary?
The Brooklyn DramaQueens are already offering a preview of what is in store.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7860 on: January 16, 2021, 06:23:14 am »
part of me thinks Nets mgmt saw that Kyrie is batshit crazy and they can't rely on him in a must win year hence the James Harden trade.

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7861 on: January 16, 2021, 08:35:58 am »
Do people think Nets will challenge then this year? I'm still confident in the Lakers with the Clippers or Bucks a close run if they don't crumble in the play offs again
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7862 on: January 16, 2021, 03:17:02 pm »
part of me thinks Nets mgmt saw that Kyrie is batshit crazy and they can't rely on him in a must win year hence the James Harden trade.

Think you could be right, not that’ll make a difference hate saying it but the Lakers are so far ahead of everyone else. Weird though, despite the well documented issues, he was given quite a warm embrace when he returned to Boston, although obviously got a lot of stick from the fans.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7863 on: January 24, 2021, 12:56:53 pm »
Embiid so far clear cut MVP of the season for me. Jokic and Lebron being distant 2nd and 3rd.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7864 on: January 24, 2021, 01:01:15 pm »
Think you could be right, not that’ll make a difference hate saying it but the Lakers are so far ahead of everyone else. Weird though, despite the well documented issues, he was given quite a warm embrace when he returned to Boston, although obviously got a lot of stick from the fans.
I think if Nets knew they were gonna get Harden from a trade, they would have never given max to Kyrie as free agent. They could've used that money wisely for talented role players instead.

Since the Harden trade, bigs are having a field day against the Nets.

Vucevic

34/10/7/5 .77ts

Giannis

34/12/7/2 .57ts

Drummond

19/16/4/2 .64ts

And Adebayo got career high 41 pts yesterday.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7865 on: January 25, 2021, 01:51:53 am »
I think if Nets knew they were gonna get Harden from a trade, they would have never given max to Kyrie as free agent. They could've used that money wisely for talented role players instead.

Since the Harden trade, bigs are having a field day against the Nets.

Vucevic

34/10/7/5 .77ts

Giannis

34/12/7/2 .57ts

Drummond

19/16/4/2 .64ts

And Adebayo got career high 41 pts yesterday.

I remember it being reported that signing Kyrie was a major condition for KD to join the Nets.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7866 on: January 25, 2021, 10:09:31 am »
I remember it being reported that signing Kyrie was a major condition for KD to join the Nets.
I really hate this about today's NBA. Same happened when Kawhi held Clippers and pushed them to do a trade for Paul George first.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7867 on: January 28, 2021, 02:31:08 pm »
Happy to see Hayward doing well after all his injuries in recent years, averaging ~24ppg for the Hornets so far.

And Warriors could have a real player on their hands with Wiseman as well. Stats look good and everyone seems to be really impressed in his attitude given he’s only 19.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7868 on: January 29, 2021, 09:13:47 pm »
yes Hayward has been great but someone else needs to step up from Charlotte to make the play-off's.

Also, just what on earth happened to Miami Heat? From the finals to 6-12 record.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7869 on: January 29, 2021, 09:41:03 pm »
the Lakers are so far ahead of everyone else.

Think you mean the JAZZ, mate 8)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7870 on: January 30, 2021, 02:15:04 pm »
yes Hayward has been great but someone else needs to step up from Charlotte to make the play-off's.

Also, just what on earth happened to Miami Heat? From the finals to 6-12 record.

COVID. Bunch of their players have missed several games [Buttler,Hero,Bradley,etc..]

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7871 on: February 10, 2021, 05:51:39 am »
Mavericks Become First Pro Sports Team To Stop Playing National Anthem

The Dallas Mavericks have stopped playing the national anthem before home games and do not plan to play it moving forward, Mark Cuban confirmed to The Athletic.

The Mavericks did not publicize the anthem’s removal and The Athletic was the first media outlet to reach out about the change.

Cuban declined a request for further comment or explanation Monday evening.

An NBA spokesperson told The Athletic on Tuesday that “under the unique circumstances of this season, teams are permitted to run their pregame operations as they see fit.”

The Mavericks are believed to be the first professional North American sports team to cease playing the anthem before games with fans in recent years

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7872 on: February 10, 2021, 05:53:52 am »
I am actually in favor of this and think all pro sports teams in the States should stop playing the anthem before games. It's just an outdated ritual.

Let’s take the politics out of sports. And the anthem invites politics. It should just be a universal symbol of love for country, but it is not.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7873 on: February 10, 2021, 09:55:08 am »
It's a tedious ritual, as with the many other ostentatious displays of patriotism the Yanks indulge in. One particularly ridiculous example was when I went to Medieval Times, a theme restaurant in Florida where you eat a banquet with your hands and watch jousting and jester shows, etc. The voiceover guy was speaking in Ye Olde 15th century English throughout, but at the end of the show bellowed, "fare thee well, god bless ye all, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!! (echo: "-merica, -merica"), to which the audience dutifully whooped and hollered. Perhaps this can be the first step towards a less nauseating nation. :D

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7874 on: February 14, 2021, 03:37:02 am »
Things I didn't expect in 2021:

1. Being a Jazz fan would serve as consolation for being a Liverpool fan

(only problem is, I care about Liverpool 100,000x more than I care about the NBA)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #7875 on: February 15, 2021, 11:45:27 pm »
Damn, AD out 2-3 weeks with calf problems.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7876 on: February 17, 2021, 10:33:55 am »
Celtics finally get a win against the Nuggets. Honestly, being a Celtics fan is a lot like being a Liverpool fan at the moment.

Jokic is a bit of an eyesore, but effective.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #7877 on: February 17, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »
Celtics finally get a win against the Nuggets. Honestly, being a Celtics fan is a lot like being a Liverpool fan at the moment.

Jokic is a bit of an eyesore, but effective.
He’s a little more than effective mate, he’s been the MVP of the league so far. Absurd numbers.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7878 on: February 27, 2021, 08:42:50 pm »
He’s a little more than effective mate, he’s been the MVP of the league so far. Absurd numbers.
#2 for me in MVP race after Embiid. They both have the numbers but Nuggets quite underachieving.
Lebron was up there too but they went like 1-5 without AD which took him out of the race imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7879 on: February 27, 2021, 08:44:13 pm »
whoever is the Pelicans shooting coach, he is doing a fine job. He made Lonzo look like a sharpshooter and Inhram also shooting over 40% behind the arc.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 04:36:47 am by elsewhere »