Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2749285 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43760 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:21 pm »
I read up about him and the shit surrounding him some time ago and rip does not apply here.

The bloke was a fucking bellend.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43761 on: April 19, 2017, 03:53:35 pm »
I hope he rots in hell.

Brady is not going to the WH either, wonder what the Orange one will say about that.

I think Brady's mom is a cancer patient and she is struggling, that's why he won't attend.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43762 on: April 19, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »
Crazy news, such a talent. Also, he killed a man (Odin Lloyd) to cover up the double homicide he just got acquitted for, so that might of been playing on his mind.

What a waste
YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43763 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »
Looks like Hernandez was always a piece of shit, got involved in a bar fight after refusing to pay a bill, Hernandez punched the employee rupturing his eardrum. Then suspected to be involved in a double shooting a months later this was before his NFL career, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez#Legal_issues
#Sausages

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43764 on: April 19, 2017, 06:44:44 pm »
What a tragic story. Probably wrong to feel any sympathy for him, but i do feel a tinge of sadness for the guy. He was clearly a psychopath and just sick in the head.

This is a long read but worth it. Interview with his brother mapping out his life from a young age to what it turned out to be:
https://www.si.com/longform/2016/aaron-hernandez-brother-dj-hernandez/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #43765 on: April 19, 2017, 06:54:25 pm »
There was a good article in Rolling Stone about Hernandez a few back, pre his trial. I'll have a look for it and post a link, it's worth reading.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #43766 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:23 pm »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43767 on: April 19, 2017, 10:30:11 pm »
So, like 35 Patriots didn't turn up to the White House today. Including Brady, as well as Bennett, Long and Hightower that we already knew. I think none of the secondary turned up.  Gronk was there, interrupting Sean Spicer's press conference and making Spicey glad that for once he wasn't the dumbest guy in the room.

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43768 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:58 pm »
It's the angle; it makes it look like less people.

Spicey's already got the Parks Service to tweet that it's the bigliest crowd of football players ever assembled.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43769 on: April 19, 2017, 11:40:43 pm »
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle
That was a good read, thanks for sharing.
By the way knowing that he was acquitted for the double murder of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado just last week. I wonder maybe he indeed was guilty in his mind and maybe it was part of his suicide decision. Maybe i am expecting too much "humanity" from a criminal mind.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43770 on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:38 pm »
Phil Simms will no longer be in the commentary booth & is being moved to NFL Today show replacing Tony Gonzalez. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/phil-simms-is-headed-to-the-cbs-studio-will-join-the-nfl-today-as-analyst/
#Sausages

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #43771 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »
Phil Simms will no longer be in the commentary booth & is being moved to NFL Today show replacing Tony Gonzalez. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/phil-simms-is-headed-to-the-cbs-studio-will-join-the-nfl-today-as-analyst/
Simms has never met a camera he doesn't like.

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43772 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:34 am »
Amazes me how much trouble NFL players get themselves in off the field, hardly role models are they? No sympathy for a murderer taking his own life, a cowards way out [emoji35]
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43773 on: April 21, 2017, 11:28:58 am »
As predicted, we open and close the season against the Bengals.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #43774 on: April 21, 2017, 01:22:17 pm »
That was a good read, thanks for sharing.
By the way knowing that he was acquitted for the double murder of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado just last week. I wonder maybe he indeed was guilty in his mind and maybe it was part of his suicide decision. Maybe i am expecting too much "humanity" from a criminal mind.
There's supposition that there was a method behind him committing suicide.

There is a fascinating theory making the rounds about Aaron Hernandez. New claims suggest the former NFL player took his life in order to secure his daughters future. Under Massachusetts law, his death (while his appeal is still pending) serves to VOID his arrest and conviction and restores him to his pre-arrest state, legally.
Therefore, the argument is that if he never violated the law, he never violated his contract because his “bad acts” were never proven or punished.

https://hiphollywood.com/2017/04/did-aaron-hernandez-commit-suicide-to-get-payout-for-daughter/

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43775 on: April 22, 2017, 09:15:27 am »
Tough schedule for the New England Patriots.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #43776 on: April 22, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »
The price paid for winning the Super Bowl.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43777 on: April 22, 2017, 03:34:17 pm »

Denver,Atlanta are the only two games that concern me.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43778 on: April 26, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
Adrian Peterson to New Orleans and Beast Mode out of retirement to play for the Raiders! I'm glad we got the Lynch deal sorted, means we can focus on Secondary/Linebacker help in the first couple of rounds rather than using an early pick on a RB this year.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #43779 on: April 27, 2017, 09:39:15 am »
Browns aren't really gonna pick Trubiskey are they :D
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43780 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:06 am »
Browns aren't really gonna pick Trubiskey are they :D

It's got to be Myles Garrett all the way. I also don't see them trading up to 5 from 12 like Mayock seems to think they will.

They should just keep it simple and take Garett & somebody like O.J. Howard.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #43781 on: April 27, 2017, 10:09:22 am »
It's got to be Myles Garrett all the way. I also don't see them trading up to 5 from 12 like Mayock seems to think they will.

You don't pass up players like this. The Browns have a few extra picks and there are acceptable (if unspectacular) options at QB both on the roster and the market, you don't pass on Garett.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43782 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:34 am »
It's just our luck when were 2nd on the clock and the qb class isn't the best.

I really don't know which team is paying more for a sacking.

Liverpool with Rafa, or 49ers with Harbaugh.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43783 on: April 27, 2017, 10:23:09 am »

Someone is taking a chance on Trubisky, but surely not even the Browns are stupid enough to do it at 1, they can't pass on Garrett. The Jets sat at 6 need a QB, so I think Mayock is onto something suggesting the Browns come back at 5 & get Trubisky there, they have enough picks to later on to trade up.

I think the best ting for Trubisky is to sit out his first season & learn, if he gets thrown in too early it could go badly.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43784 on: April 27, 2017, 11:31:53 am »
I've developed quite a soft spot for the Browns. But I have to say, picking Trubisky at 1 would be a very Browns thing to do. Hopefully in 2017 they have a bit more nous than that.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43785 on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:51 am »
Agree that Browns should take the long term approach to building their franchise and just pick the best player available. There will be better QB classes. Would be stupid to pass on the best player in the draft.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43786 on: April 27, 2017, 11:51:50 am »
Browns are picking Garrett.  There's no advanced stats that would support picking Trubisky, so they won't do that for the #1 pick.  Maybe if he's available as a mid-1st rounder, but even that would be a stretch.

Happy Jets Draft Day everyone!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98</a>

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43787 on: April 27, 2017, 02:49:16 pm »
Browns are picking Garrett.  There's no advanced stats that would support picking Trubisky, so they won't do that for the #1 pick.  Maybe if he's available as a mid-1st rounder, but even that would be a stretch.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rZxNeFLuY98</a>

:lmao

Best part of that video is listening to other teams' fans laugh at the Jets.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43788 on: April 27, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »
There's one line in that which sums up Jets draft picks:

"Obviously the Jets know something that the people up here don't".

;D

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43789 on: April 27, 2017, 06:38:39 pm »
Some of those Jets picks were pretty good, tough to say how much they blew it if you  don't know who they  coukd have got.

Recent Lions (Matt Millen) and Browns picks  have been much  worse.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43790 on: April 27, 2017, 07:54:42 pm »
It's just our luck when were 2nd on the clock and the qb class isn't the best.

I really don't know which team is paying more for a sacking.

Liverpool with Rafa, or 49ers with Harbaugh.

Way too early to tell & I may change my mind after the draft! However I like the Lynch & Shanahan combo so far. I think they go for Solomon Thomas at 2

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43791 on: April 27, 2017, 08:01:35 pm »
Pass rusher would make some sense for the Niners, but they've spent their last two first rounders on the DLine. From what I've read (and the little bit that I've seen about him) Hooker from Ohio State could make sense as a deep third/centre fielder type of safety in the Earl Thomas mold, especially since they'll apparently be playing some sort of Cover 3/Seattle-like defence.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43792 on: April 27, 2017, 08:09:42 pm »
Pass rusher would make some sense for the Niners, but they've spent their last two first rounders on the DLine. From what I've read (and the little bit that I've seen about him) Hooker from Ohio State could make sense as a deep third/centre fielder type of safety in the Earl Thomas mold, especially since they'll apparently be playing some sort of Cover 3/Seattle-like defence.

Only going off what I've read about Hooker but apparently his tackling is poor, there is some buzz that they could go safety at 2 & take Jamal Adams. I think they'd trade down if they could

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43793 on: April 28, 2017, 12:13:07 am »

The biggest blunder being 95 draft, when they could have had Warren Sapp, but the Jets picked Kyle Brady instead. :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43794 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:43 am »
Myles Garrett goes #1 as everyone predicted.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #43795 on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:55 am »
well I guess going to cleveland he'll spend a lot of time on the field.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43796 on: April 28, 2017, 01:17:55 am »
Bears and Niners swap. Bears move up to 2, Niners looking to move further down from 3, according to Schefter (SF picks up a 3rd and 4th and a 2018 4th). Solomon Thomas apparently poised to go to Chicago.

Wait, what?!? The Bears pick Trubitsky.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:22:55 am by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43797 on: April 28, 2017, 01:22:44 am »
That's a crazy stretch. He'd be available in the mid first round.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #43798 on: April 28, 2017, 01:24:38 am »
well those Bears fans looked happy.........

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43799 on: April 28, 2017, 01:29:03 am »
well those Bears fans looked happy.........

Bears are the new Jets.
They gave up 3 picks in the first 3 rounds, and spent $18m on Mike Glennon to occupy the spot they drafted a #2 pick for.

Niners must be laughing their tits off.