Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458581 times)

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #55600 on: May 11, 2021, 06:41:12 pm »
Is she under 40? My GP had us in a separate queue to the over 40s and I was told that from Thursday it'd be Pfizer only for under 40s.

Yeah, she’s 36.

Maybe that’s what her doctors doing, it’s just they said you would be given a choice unless maybe they have just decided to give everyone under 40 an alternative to AZ.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:47:51 pm by west_london_red »
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55601 on: May 11, 2021, 06:44:33 pm »
Weirdly I just got my 6th invite for a vaccine and this time it does specify Pfizer.

I just got my first invite via myGP (36yo) and it specifies Pfizer too.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #55602 on: May 11, 2021, 06:56:05 pm »
My sister who's a gp has just said they are inviting over 30s now. She said to expect a call any day.

Weird as no one reporting this yet. Bring it on though....get that shit in my arm.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55603 on: May 11, 2021, 07:11:02 pm »
Got a text at 3:45pm to book a slot for the vaccine. Went down 2 hours later, in an out, had the Pfizer jab (37yo). Really well organised.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55604 on: May 11, 2021, 07:20:15 pm »
Possible that this is an artefact of the bank holiday period, so let’s leave it a few days more to just get

It's not an artefact, but you're right to say that we'll know more in the coming days.

B.1.617.2 was escalated to a variant of concern (VOC) this weekend - so it's now AKA VOC-21APR-02

Useful commentary of it here
https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-vui-21apr-02-b-1-617-2-being-classified-by-phe-as-a-variant-of-concern/

The PHE variants reports are available if you google VOC-21APR-02 but they're long and detailed and cover all variants.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 07:22:36 pm by Classycara »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55605 on: May 11, 2021, 08:06:16 pm »
Yeah, she’s 36.

Maybe that’s what her doctors doing, it’s just they said you would be given a choice unless maybe they have just decided to give everyone under 40 an alternative to AZ.

They will no doubt offer her the Pfizer at the vaccination centre. If they don’t have it I’m sure they will sort out an alternate date. Just tell her to hold out for Pfizer.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55606 on: May 11, 2021, 08:12:58 pm »
It's not an artefact, but you're right to say that we'll know more in the coming days.

B.1.617.2 was escalated to a variant of concern (VOC) this weekend - so it's now AKA VOC-21APR-02

Useful commentary of it here
https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-vui-21apr-02-b-1-617-2-being-classified-by-phe-as-a-variant-of-concern/

The PHE variants reports are available if you google VOC-21APR-02 but they're long and detailed and cover all variants.

I don’t think that’s disagreeing with what I said.  I said it was possible that it was an artefact.. which is different firm being likely, we will know in a few days either way. 
Care is needed with the Indian variant. Cases are currently so based around transmission form travel (and direct contacts) that it’s not clear what the situation is.  Again, only time will tell.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #55607 on: May 11, 2021, 08:25:46 pm »

I think Andy Burnham was also calling out that Bolton has a lot of Indian variant now, and trending there is certainly looking "interesting", albeit cases numbers still relatively low.

There's also been cases of Indian variant on Merseyside (Formby) where there has been a recent surge -

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/indian-covid-19-variant-detected-20572111

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #55608 on: May 11, 2021, 08:30:58 pm »
There's also been cases of Indian variant on Merseyside (Formby) where there has been a recent surge -

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/indian-covid-19-variant-detected-20572111

The Formby cases came from kids that go to school in Leyland I think where the school has been shut. All Indian variant related. The evidence is starting to creep in that that variant could well be significantly more transmissible than B117 (Kent) but doesn’t escape vaccines. In practice if accurate that could put R0 of B1.617.2 comfortably above 5 and potentially as high as 8. Makes the likelyhood of a much higher exit wave more likely. The race between virus and vaccine deployment just got tighter as the virus has taken another bunch of steroids. I believe the Indian variant will be dominant here within a month.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #55609 on: May 11, 2021, 08:45:31 pm »
The Formby cases came from kids that go to school in Leyland I think where the school has been shut. All Indian variant related. The evidence is starting to creep in that that variant could well be significantly more transmissible than B117 (Kent) but doesn’t escape vaccines. In practice if accurate that could put R0 of B1.617.2 comfortably above 5 and potentially as high as 8. Makes the likelyhood of a much higher exit wave more likely. The race between virus and vaccine deployment just got tighter as the virus has taken another bunch of steroids. I believe the Indian variant will be dominant here within a month.
Yep, I can't disagree with you there. Prevarication again about shutting the borders and putting India on red-list in a timely manner when we needed to.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #55610 on: May 11, 2021, 08:59:01 pm »
Yep, I can't disagree with you there. Prevarication again about shutting the borders and putting India on red-list in a timely manner when we needed to.

Another to add to this govts long list of acting two weeks too late.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55611 on: May 11, 2021, 10:03:16 pm »
They will no doubt offer her the Pfizer at the vaccination centre. If they don’t have it I’m sure they will sort out an alternate date. Just tell her to hold out for Pfizer.

That’s the plan, either Pfizer or Moderna or come back home. Luckily she got an appointment for tomorrow so she’ll know sooner enough.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55612 on: May 11, 2021, 11:31:10 pm »
I don’t think that’s disagreeing with what I said.  I said it was possible that it was an artefact.. which is different firm being likely, we will know in a few days either way.

I was posting the links for details on the variant, not to disagree with you.

But I do disagree it's possibly an artefact of the bank holiday. We already know it isn't from the local teams investigating.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:33:02 pm by Classycara »

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55613 on: May 12, 2021, 12:01:16 am »
Data from here and elsewhere is certainly ‘suggesting’ that it is more transmissible - but by how much isn’t clear at all. Could be a lot of confounding factors in the UK suggesting it’s higher than it actually turns out to be. Think we’ll know a lot more in the next two weeks.

More transmissible doesn’t equate to it being able to escape vaccines though, and that’s the main thing looking at this situation longer term.

Putting both those things above together (if they turn out to be true) - more transmissible, vaccines still effective - I do think we’ll see a slight deviation from plans for June. I’d say some baseline restrictions will remain beyond June 21st, gradually phasing out by end of July to coincide with all adults being vaccinated.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #55614 on: May 12, 2021, 09:46:04 am »
Data from here and elsewhere is certainly ‘suggesting’ that it is more transmissible - but by how much isn’t clear at all. Could be a lot of confounding factors in the UK suggesting it’s higher than it actually turns out to be. Think we’ll know a lot more in the next two weeks.

More transmissible doesn’t equate to it being able to escape vaccines though, and that’s the main thing looking at this situation longer term.

Putting both those things above together (if they turn out to be true) - more transmissible, vaccines still effective - I do think we’ll see a slight deviation from plans for June. I’d say some baseline restrictions will remain beyond June 21st, gradually phasing out by end of July to coincide with all adults being vaccinated.

Yes as you say we could still be importing cases for people travelling from India via non red list countries, or it could be more prevalent in age groups/communities with higher transmission rates.

While the NW areas with Indian variant prevalence are showing very rpaidd growth in cases generally that doesn't seem to be the case so much in London which is up to about 25% Indian variant now.

I'm back to looking at the data daily with more interest again now anyway!

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #55615 on: May 12, 2021, 12:01:08 pm »
Going tomorrow for my first one. Had to ring up today to check what vaccine I was down for. Their website only lists Astrazeneca, which I can't have. Apparently tomorrow is this places first day giving the Pfizer one as well.

If you need to check, see if you can find a phone number. It took 2 minutes to check which vaccine list I was on.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #55616 on: May 12, 2021, 12:42:27 pm »
Had my second Pfizer dose on Sunday morning. First thing was it bloody hurt when he jabbed into my arm, unlike the first time when I didn't feel a thing.
My arm was really sore all Sunday, Monday and eased off yesterday.

Oddly enough, my glands feel a bit swollen. A mate of mine from Cambridgeshire had a really painful armpit with a golf ball sized lump for a couple of days, and sure enough, my neck (on the same side as the jab) is painful and I can feel a lump too.

Ultimately though its a small price to pay in the bigger picture.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #55617 on: May 12, 2021, 12:47:42 pm »
First thing was it bloody hurt when he jabbed into my arm

I think they tried to jab me in my left arm by going through my right arm :/

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #55618 on: May 12, 2021, 01:11:33 pm »
Had my second Pfizer dose on Sunday morning. First thing was it bloody hurt when he jabbed into my arm, unlike the first time when I didn't feel a thing.
My arm was really sore all Sunday, Monday and eased off yesterday.

Oddly enough, my glands feel a bit swollen. A mate of mine from Cambridgeshire had a really painful armpit with a golf ball sized lump for a couple of days, and sure enough, my neck (on the same side as the jab) is painful and I can feel a lump too.

Ultimately though its a small price to pay in the bigger picture.

That sounds pretty similar to my wife's experience with getting her second Pfizer yesterday, she did think it was odd that the arm hurt pretty much immediately this time. She also had a very mild temperature last night but no adverse effects today beyond a bit of a sore arm.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #55619 on: May 12, 2021, 02:01:27 pm »
They've had to close walk-ins for today at the centre by me. Had so many people yesterday when they opened to all over 30s who wanted to get a jab that those who couldn't be seen have taken up a full day of bookings today. Good to see really although suspect part of it is people travelling to get it as much as local community efforts.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55620 on: May 12, 2021, 02:19:36 pm »
Online bookings opening to 38,39 from tomorrow

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #55621 on: May 12, 2021, 02:29:26 pm »

So close. 37 so got to be nearly there.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55622 on: May 12, 2021, 04:59:44 pm »

I’m 33 so hopefully only a couple weeks now until I can book.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55623 on: May 12, 2021, 05:12:05 pm »
I had my jab yesterday morning, been feeling shattered all day.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55624 on: May 12, 2021, 05:13:20 pm »
What are the under 40's getting instead of the AZ?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55625 on: May 12, 2021, 05:15:09 pm »
What are the under 40's getting instead of the AZ?

Will be Pfizer or Moderna

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #55626 on: May 12, 2021, 05:32:13 pm »

FYI, the wife tried booking online just now and got an appointment.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #55627 on: May 12, 2021, 05:49:29 pm »
I'm 35 and booked in for Saturday.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #55628 on: May 12, 2021, 05:50:03 pm »
I’m 33 so hopefully only a couple weeks now until I can book.

My 27 year old grandson and his mates are desperate to get the jab, so they can go to Creamfields - and Goodison at ge start if next season. :o

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55629 on: May 12, 2021, 06:01:38 pm »

Depends on where you live I’m guessing. My Mrs is 36 and had her first one today after getting the text message yesterday.
Thinking is overrated.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55630 on: May 12, 2021, 06:02:48 pm »
My 27 year old grandson and his mates are desperate to get the jab, so they can go to Creamfields - and Goodison at ge start if next season. :o

Does it make you lose your marbles?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55631 on: May 12, 2021, 06:27:04 pm »
Does it make you lose your marbles?

Kenwright is brainwashing people with it convincing them to go to Goodison, all prt of the plan to claw back the arteta money.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55632 on: May 12, 2021, 07:00:27 pm »

Cheers, I'm booked in now.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #55633 on: May 12, 2021, 07:06:07 pm »
Will it make a difference there......it's naturally socially distant anyway.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #55634 on: May 12, 2021, 08:28:44 pm »

Got my text this morning - was up at the vaccine centre within the hour - in an out in 20 minutes.

Had the Pfizer one - achy arm - aside from that I'm fine.

On rather more worrying news, just had this come through on Twitter.

https://inews.co.uk/news/scientists-fear-possible-delay-end-lockdown-uk-cases-india-variant-triple-one-week-998811

UK cases of the highly transmissible Indian variant have more than tripled in a week, new figures are expected to confirm on Thursday, as scientists advising the government fear the final stage out of lockdown could be delayed due to the surge.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson has warned that the strain, B1617.2, one of three mutations fuelling the devastating epidemic in India, is “of increasing concern here in the UK”.

Public health officials and ministers are stepping up efforts to curb infections of the variant in areas where there have been the greatest increases, including Bolton, Greater Manchester, where secondary school pupils could be told to continue to wear face masks after the policy is dropped for the rest of England from next Monday.
Members of Sage have been called to an urgent meeting on Thursday to assess the threat.

A member of the government’s scientific advisory committee, Sage, told i that while next Monday’s step 3 of easing of restrictions in England would go ahead, concerns over the Indian variant might increase ahead of the fourth and final step on 21 June and that “a delay is possible”.

The consortium of scientists tracking new variants, COG-UK, has identified a total of 1723 cases of B1617.2, and while some of these will be duplicates, if the figure is confirmed by Public Health England in its weekly update this would be more than three times last week’s number of 520.

B1617.2 was designated as a variant of concern a week ago, and two weeks ago there were 202 cases. Scientists believe the variant could be more transmissible than the Kent variant, but that it will also not be resistant to vaccines.

Ministers have not ruled out introducing local lockdowns in areas where the Indian variant is increasing.
Besides Bolton, there are clusters in Blackburn and evidence of rising community transmission in parts of London.

Secondary school pupils in Bolton could be told by their teachers to continue wearing their facemasks after 17 May, with figures suggesting transmission is greatest among teenagers and people in their 20s.

Schools and colleges in the Greater Manchester town will be told they can direct children to continue wearing masks, although public health officials say the decision will rest with school heads rather than being an instruction.

Dr Helen Lowey, Bolton’s Director of Public Health, said: “We don’t just want to focus one intervention. Test, trace and isolate and the vaccine programme are the most important, but if school and colleges want to continue with face coverings, we will support them and we can explore whether it is something we want to do across Bolton.”

A spokesman for Bolton Council said officials were “in dialogue with schools and central government on the use of face coverings in schools from Monday”.

Addressing the Commons on Wednesday, the Prime Minister said despite progress against the virus “the threat of this virus remains real and new variants pose a potentially lethal danger, including the one first identified in India which is of increasing concern here in the UK. So caution has to be our watchword”.

Across the UK the weekly average of all coronavirus cases rose for the third day running, with 2284 new cases reported. There were 11 further deaths.

Asked whether local lockdowns could return, Environment Secretary George Eustice told Sky News: “We can’t rule anything out but our plan that has been set out by the Prime Minister and the reason we are being incredibly cautious about exiting lockdown is because we want this to be the last.”
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55635 on: May 12, 2021, 09:51:10 pm »
There were plenty of people telling that fat unless prick to put India on the Red List but as usual he dithered for 2 weeks longer then he needed to because he wanted to go to India and plant himself up Modi’s rectum to justify Brexit. Absolute twat.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #55636 on: May 12, 2021, 10:26:03 pm »
There were plenty of people telling that fat unless prick to put India on the Red List but as usual he dithered for 2 weeks longer then he needed to because he wanted to go to India and plant himself up Modi’s rectum to justify Brexit. Absolute twat.

Well done, sir. A pithy summary. ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55637 on: May 12, 2021, 10:31:37 pm »
Bit of a hot spot in Bolton..

But not in the age groups that are vaccinated.  Which is a little worrying on the one hand and on the other hand really reassuring that vaccines work against a hot spot of the Indian variant.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55638 on: May 12, 2021, 10:49:57 pm »
Well done, sir. A pithy summary. ;D

It’s absolutely infuriating because it’s so needless. It was clear for weeks what was happening in India to the rest of us which means he probably knew about it even earlier then we did, obvious that the actual numbers were likely to be much higher and that India didn’t have the means or infrastructure to quickly slowdown the spread, but he did what he has done throughout all of this pandemic and sat on his hands.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #55639 on: May 12, 2021, 11:41:43 pm »
Bit of a hot spot in Bolton..

But not in the age groups that are vaccinated.  Which is a little worrying on the one hand and on the other hand really reassuring that vaccines work against a hot spot of the Indian variant.

Jen Williams has been writing about it tonight. Burnham, Local councils and (Tory) MP want government to go in and start mass vaccination but government doesn't want to do that nor is there any plan around 'taking local/regional action' to actually put into place even if they were in favour of that either. Like you say, apparently it's largely been passed around by under 25 year olds, and especially 10 to 15 year olds. It kind of all loops back to discussions from last summer on what to do when it's going around a community with all the compounding factors.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:44:17 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."