Author Topic: Loan Watch 2019/20  (Read 232800 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2019/20
« Reply #1200 on: August 29, 2021, 11:51:29 am »
The Ginger Maldini has scored again for PNE.

52 seconds in.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eCehOquRAzw?t=52" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eCehOquRAzw?t=52</a>
[/quote]
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1201 on: August 29, 2021, 12:14:33 pm »
The Ginger Maldini has scored again for PNE.

52 seconds in.

I was sat here expecting a header, that's great from the lad

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: August 29, 2021, 01:37:44 pm »
I was sat here expecting a header, that's great from the lad

Lovely touch!  Good finish from Sepp too
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1203 on: September 12, 2021, 01:20:52 pm »
Watching Hearts and Hibs at the moment and Ben Woodburn is looking outstanding, levels above everyone else on the pitch. He’s really developed physically as well.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1204 on: September 12, 2021, 01:27:54 pm »
Watching Hearts and Hibs at the moment and Ben Woodburn is looking outstanding, levels above everyone else on the pitch. He’s really developed physically as well.

So they go and substitute him at 0-0 with 20 minutes to go. Crazy decision.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1205 on: September 12, 2021, 02:25:37 pm »
Clean sheet for Rhys Williams yesterday on his debut against Hull, 0-0. Think he'll perform well for them, seemingly they played with three centre halves.

Nice to see him and Van Den Berg finding football at a decent level.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: September 12, 2021, 03:27:03 pm »
Clean sheet for Rhys Williams yesterday on his debut against Hull, 0-0. Think he'll perform well for them, seemingly they played with three centre halves.

Nice to see him and Van Den Berg finding football at a decent level.

"The debut of Olivier Ntcham is definitely a positive for this particular game and our defence was rarely tested but the performance of Rhys Williams gives us great hope again going forward especially the ease in which he brings the ball out of defence and adds to the attempts to attack in a way that other of our defenders don’t do so well."

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/09/11/swansea-city-0-0-hull-city-swans-draw-a-blank-on-return-to-action/
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #1207 on: September 12, 2021, 03:49:45 pm »
So they go and substitute him at 0-0 with 20 minutes to go. Crazy decision.

In fairness he's not played much football in recent weeks since he arrived. Only about 17 minutes in total for Wales and about an hour against Dundee Utd. Was tiring and the last thing we want is him getting injured playing with tired muscles. Baningime, the kid Hearts got from the bitters also looked very good.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: September 12, 2021, 03:51:40 pm »
In fairness he's not played much football in recent weeks since he arrived. Only about 17 minutes in total for Wales and about an hour against Dundee Utd. Was tiring and the last thing we want is him getting injured playing with tired muscles. Baningime, the kid Hearts got from the bitters also looked very good.

If I'd raved about an Everton player the way that you did, they'd be Baningime.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1209 on: September 12, 2021, 03:53:00 pm »

Surprised Stevie never went in for him. They need more creativity.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1210 on: September 12, 2021, 04:00:27 pm »

He didn’t look to be tiring to me, if anything he was becoming more and more influential. As I said, he was a couple of levels above everyone on the pitch and looked the most likely to be involved in a goal.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1211 on: September 14, 2021, 12:13:27 pm »
Just caught up with some highlights and games from the weekend, Rhys Williams looking particularly classy for Swansea with his distribution and good positioning. He looks more confident than what we saw in a Liverpool shirt - completely understandable - and also looks like he's played at a higher level, which of course he has, much higher. This will be a good loan for him I think.

Shame to see Adam Lewis struggling for minutes for Livingston, but Ben Woodburn was levels above all around him during his time on the pitch at the weekend.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: September 14, 2021, 07:53:43 pm »
Clarkson starting for Blackburn. Game on Sky Sports Arena now.

Mowbray using him as an attacking player.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: September 15, 2021, 03:25:02 pm »
Rhys Williams :The ability of this player is far beyond the Championship

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55759/rhys-williams-the-ability-of-this-player-is-far-beyond-the-championship

Liverpool loanee Rhys Williams has already gained the respect of Swansea City manager Russell Martin and his new team mates at the swans. On top of that it’s clear the Harry Wilson mistake the Anfield club made last season by loaning him to Cardiff when better options were available has been learned.

Lol.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:06 pm »
The experience Williams gained last season was invaluable. A season like that will make or break you. A year starting regularly in The Championship will do him a lot of good as well, especially in a team who very much play out from the back again now like the Martinez/Rodgers days. Feel a bit sorry for Phillips really.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #1215 on: September 18, 2021, 08:31:57 pm »
Not loan news but has anyone seen Ejara's 2 goals today v Fulham  :o :o

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1216 on: September 18, 2021, 09:44:19 pm »
Statement from Swansea City:

Towards the end of today’s Championship fixture against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road, an allegation of racial abuse was made over comments made towards Swansea City’s Rhys Williams from a home spectator.

An official report was filed with the match official, Tony Harrington, and Bedfordshire Police at full-time.

Swansea City condemns racism and abuse of all kinds because it has no place within football or any walk of life.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to both Bedfordshire Police and Luton Town Football Club for their swift response at the end of the game.

Bedfordshire Police has launched a full investigation into the incident. Officers have been to the ground to carry out enquiries and are working with Luton Town to identify the people involved.

Rhys has the full backing of everyone at the football club and we are in dialogue with his parent club Liverpool with regards to ensuring the player has all the support he needs.

Swansea City will continue to work with the relevant authorities on this matter.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-7

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1217 on: September 18, 2021, 09:45:07 pm »
:( Sad to see
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: September 18, 2021, 09:45:49 pm »
Good lad, it takes some bravery to call that out.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: September 18, 2021, 10:20:11 pm »
Such a shame, hopefully he gets the support he needs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1220 on: September 18, 2021, 10:55:21 pm »
Disgusting, I hope he receives all the support he needs.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: November 9, 2021, 02:27:09 pm »
@AnfieldEdition https://t.co/fTpqedbrjX

Liverpool are considering recalling Rhys Williams from his loan spell at Swansea City, having grown disappointed with his lack of game time. The defender only playing 140 minutes of action this season.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: November 9, 2021, 03:47:47 pm »

Liverpool are considering recalling Rhys Williams from his loan spell at Swansea City, having grown disappointed with his lack of game time. The defender only playing 140 minutes of action this season.

Thats a shame, hopefully can get him recalled and our with a new time as soon as allowed to try and prevent stalling his development.

Speaking of, that's just shy of 100 more minutes than Nat Phillips has had - he really needs to be trying to get to a club that'll play him as soon as possible, before he misses his opportunity

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1223 on: November 9, 2021, 04:41:39 pm »

In September, the fans and Swansea journos were singing his praises. What's happened?
« Last Edit: November 9, 2021, 04:51:46 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1224 on: November 9, 2021, 04:50:57 pm »
Have they changed formation or something?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: November 9, 2021, 09:47:14 pm »

In September, the fans and Swansea journos were singing his praises. What's happened?
Apparently he was on the other side of a racist abuse incident and he hasn't really come back into the team since. That and the manager doesn't seen to be too keen on youngsters.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: November 10, 2021, 12:07:14 am »
Apparently he was on the other side of a racist abuse incident and he hasn't really come back into the team since. That and the manager doesn't seen to be too keen on youngsters.

This is the same manager who is playing mediocre RB Kyle Naughton at the heart of a 3 man defense.  Get Rhys outta there
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: November 10, 2021, 08:36:09 am »
Looking on Soccerway in their defenders they list Cabango (21) with 11 games and Laird (20) with 15, so I don't think age comes in to it. Laird's on loan from the Mancs, and was with the same manager at MK last season. I would imagine he just doesn't fancy Rhys, if he was bossing it in training you'd imagine he'd be in the team. I'd call him back and send him to Holland / Belgium.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1228 on: November 10, 2021, 09:19:36 am »
This is why it'd be great for us to get ourselves a feeder club like Chelsea and City have, and Red Bull Leipzig, where we're sending them to clubs who are almost duty bound to develop them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1229 on: November 10, 2021, 09:59:50 am »
Woodburn appears to be doing well. As does his club. I seem to remember that Klopp was a bit surprised, or at least caught unawares, when the lad was shown the door at the end of pre-season.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1230 on: November 10, 2021, 01:11:45 pm »
Woodburn appears to be doing well. As does his club. I seem to remember that Klopp was a bit surprised, or at least caught unawares, when the lad was shown the door at the end of pre-season.

He's 22 now and he's doing alright up in Scotland, but it doesn't really look like he's tearing it up in a terrible league.  He'll go on to have a good career for himself and maybe find his way to a starting berth in a PL team at some point, but he doesn't have the tools required to play for us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #1231 on: December 6, 2021, 05:32:30 pm »

The response to him is very mixed at the moment. After scoring his first goals against Dundee Utd but he's gone the other way. He's looking a bit uninterested just now. Was substituted in the first half yesterday. He keeled over at the Remembrance Ceremony at Haymarket in early November. If any of you know Hearts history it's a very, very big thing. No idea why but rumours (I know) said he was on the lash the night before. That would not have gone down well with the club but I am just guesstimating that this may have been a cause of his downturn in form and confidence. Here's a link to a thread on Jambos Kickback.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/194757-woodburn-home-for-just-after-xmas/page/4/#comments

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1232 on: December 6, 2021, 05:48:50 pm »
This is why it'd be great for us to get ourselves a feeder club like Chelsea and City have, and Red Bull Leipzig, where we're sending them to clubs who are almost duty bound to develop them.
Seem to remember some years back, we had an 'unofficial' feeder club in Crewe didn't we (Danny Murphy amongst others) - but, as you say seems to have bitten the dust now.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1233 on: August 9, 2022, 10:00:27 pm »
Is there a loan watch 2022/23 thread?

Adam Lewis with an assist and Conor Bradley with a goal today.
Jaros kept a clean sheet as well.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: August 10, 2022, 01:47:14 am »
bradley is on fire . 2 assist and a goal already. a long range scorcher.

let me compile something

Tyler Morton - Blackburn
Rhys Williams - Blackpool
Leighton Clarkson - Aberdeen(scottish league)
Conor Bradley - Bolton
Owen Beck - Famalicao(portugese league) huh??
James Balagizi-Crawley town(league 2)
Billy koumetio-FK Austria Wien(Austrian league)G'day mate!
Adam lewis-Newport county
Marcelo Pitaluga – Macclesfield FC
Vitezslav Jaros – Stockport county
Jakub Ojrzynski-Radmoiak Radom(polish league)
Anderson Arroyo-Alaves

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1235 on: August 15, 2022, 12:29:35 pm »
Tyler Morton (Blackburn) – 45 mins vs. West Brom
Rhys Williams (Blackpool) – 90 mins vs. Swansea
Conor Bradley (Bolton) – 79 mins vs. Port Vale
Leighton Clarkson (Aberdeen) – 67 mins vs. Motherwell, forced off with injury
Vitezslav Jaros (Stockport County) – 90 mins vs. Colchester United, clean sheet
Marcelo Pitaluga (Macclesfield) – 90 mins vs. Clitheroe, clean sheet
Adam Lewis (Newport County) – 90 mins vs. Bradford
James Balagizi (Crawley Town) – 14 mins vs. Harrogate Town
Anderson Arroyo (Alaves) – 90 mins vs. Leganes
Billy Koumetio (Austria Wien) – 55 mins vs. WSG Tirol

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #1236 on: August 15, 2022, 12:32:59 pm »
Owen beck remained on the bench during a 3-0 defeat

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #1237 on: August 15, 2022, 12:48:38 pm »
Know a Bolton fan who's raved about Conor Bradley so far as a winger.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1238 on: August 16, 2022, 08:46:32 pm »
Another goal for Bradley.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1239 on: August 17, 2022, 05:40:57 pm »
Two for Balagazi too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.