The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Virgin Media

(1/166) > >>

Sharado:
I couldn't find a thread on this shower, but if I've not looked hard enough then mods please merge or move. I've just had it installed (4 days ago to be precise) and it's fucking broken already. No internet, no tv - nothing. Not a single fucking channel. Now I've either got to take a day off so one of their engineers can come round and ask me 'have you tried turning it off and back on again', or wait until saturday [it broke on sunday evening] with no service whatsoever. This is off the back of nearly 3, generally speaking, problem free years with Sky providing the same stuff. So some questions:

- Has anyone else had bad experiences with this lot?
- Has anyone left a contract with them early, and if so what were the consequences [if any]?
- Can that bearded twat do anything right, or is he more arsed about messing about with Usain Bolt than running any type of efficient service?

I'm absolutely fuming at the moment, and short of old beardy offering me a free space flight can't see me ever using Virgin again.

Barneylfc∗:
Ive never used Virgin, but have haven't heard many complaints. No company whatsoever is perfect though. It could just be a one off problem.

And what exactly has Richard Branson got to do with it? He owns virgin yeah, but do you think he is responsible for your services going off?

brownie 09:
Weve been with Virgin for a while, never had any problems with them to be honest. Reliable internet connection, and the fact there doubling our internet speed for free in october is boss :d

SalisburyRed:
I remember when we first got cable - it was NTL in those days - and the engineer didn't turn up on the day he was supposed to come and install everything.

Things, generally, got better when NTL and Telewest merged and became Virgin Media, but it's not perfect. We've had a few internet problems over the years, and it's a proper chore to ring technical support because you'll end up speaking to someone without a clue who just reads from a script and asks you to turn it off and on again.

Basically, if you've got a problem, keep at them. They'll acquiesce if you're tenacious, but if they think they can blow you off then they will. If you only got it installed four days ago then you're almost certainly still able to walk away from the contract without a fee (I forget whether it's seven, 14 or 28 days you get at the start of the contract). Use this as leverage.

jamie_c:

--- Quote from: brownie 09 on June 12, 2012, 02:14:29 pm ---Weve been with Virgin for a while, never had any problems with them to be honest. Reliable internet connection, and the fact there doubling our internet speed for free in october is boss :d

--- End quote ---

Just one word of warning, virgin are being a little bit sneeky with the doubling broadband speeds.  If you accept the increased speed then you are automatically signing up to a new 12 month contract with them.  Not the end of the world but it does mean you have less flexibilty if you want to leave for a better deal down the line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version