The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

R.I.P Bobby Wilcox and Lenny Woods

<< < (2/44) > >>

guest:
Name rang a bell and the second I saw his picture, I knew him. A good red.

RIP Bobby.

rednose54:
RIP Bobby lad, a true Liverpool Legend, thanks for the help you gave me and many others, sorting out tickets ,travel and accomodation. A lifetimes dedication to the Red cause all over the world, bringing a smile to whoever met you, the world is a sadder place with this news. Thoughts to Sheila and family at this time.

The Crimson Pirate:
Bobby Wilcox, the greatest Liverpool fan I ever knew died yesterday. A friend asked me to post this tribute to the big fella:

Bobby Wilcox passed away last night in the Royal Hospital. He had only very recently been diagnosed with cancer, and his family were with him at the bedside. He was sixty years old.

For those reading this who did not know him you have missed one of the greatest characters that this city has produced. For those that have met him the loss will be deeply felt.

Whether he was sitting in the Globe giving out tickets and stick with equal generosity, or haranguing late-comers in stations, airports or hotels, or belting out such classics as the Johnny Barnes song, he was always brilliant. Perhaps his finest hour was in the airport after Istanbul, as he kept thousands entertained with many a Kop classic, including teaching them the new version of ‘We Won It Five Times.’

He was a very generous man. Like a latter day Shankly, he was always inundated with ticket requests, and always felt badly he if could not come up with the tickets that had been asked for. To this day no-one knows for sure whether the club ticket office phoned him while we were on the train to the European Cup semi-final with Chelsea, and asked him if he had any spares!

At this time I’d ask that your thoughts go out to his wife, Mary, children, Sheila, Lisa, Michael and Colin and his beloved grand-children.

If Bill Shankly was Liverpool’sgreatest manager, and Kenny Dalglish Liverpool’s greatest player, then surely Bobby Wilcox was the club’s greatest supporter.

God bless you Bobby, and thanks for everything. You are, and always will be, a legend.

mainstandred:

--- Quote from: The Crimson Pirate on January 15, 2009, 09:29:58 am ---Bobby Wilcox, the greatest Liverpool fan I ever knew died yesterday. A friend asked me to post this tribute to the big fella:

Bobby Wilcox passed away last night in the Royal Hospital. He had only very recently been diagnosed with cancer, and his family were with him at the bedside. He was sixty years old.

For those reading this who did not know him you have missed one of the greatest characters that this city has produced. For those that have met him the loss will be deeply felt.

Whether he was sitting in the Globe giving out tickets and stick with equal generosity, or haranguing late-comers in stations, airports or hotels, or belting out such classics as the Johnny Barnes song, he was always brilliant. Perhaps his finest hour was in the airport after Istanbul, as he kept thousands entertained with many a Kop classic, including teaching them the new version of ‘We Won It Five Times.’

He was a very generous man. Like a latter day Shankly, he was always inundated with ticket requests, and always felt badly he if could not come up with the tickets that had been asked for. To this day no-one knows for sure whether the club ticket office phoned him while we were on the train to the European Cup semi-final with Chelsea, and asked him if he had any spares!

At this time I’d ask that your thoughts go out to his wife, Mary, children, Sheila, Lisa, Michael and Colin and his beloved grand-children.

If Bill Shankly was Liverpool’sgreatest manager, and Kenny Dalglish Liverpool’s greatest player, then surely Bobby Wilcox was the club’s greatest supporter.

God bless you Bobby, and thanks for everything. You are, and always will be, a legend.

--- End quote ---
If this true bloody hell didn't even know , great friend not only from watching liverpool but from the liverpool and district sunday league were he was secretary of Britannia and registrar for years when i had my team  will be miss unbelievable .

RIP bobby YNWA

luco16:
R.I.P Bobby mate

You'll Never Walk Alone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version